• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
All of my trainers have random pokemon even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with the PBS file.
Why? What could possibly be causing this?

I really wish there was a version that just added the new moves and abilities, because whenever I follow tutorials to try and add them on my own I ALWAYS get a syntax error despite doing it multiple times to make sure that I've done it right. I really want the gen 6 moves and abilities, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to have them...

I guess I'll just give up and settle for having only new moves that just need stuff in the MoveEffects section and with the five abilities I've managed to add in on my own

Last edited:
Years
All of my trainers have random pokemon even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with the PBS file.
Why? What could possibly be causing this?

I really wish there was a version that just added the new moves and abilities, because whenever I follow tutorials to try and add them on my own I ALWAYS get a syntax error despite doing it multiple times to make sure that I've done it right. I really want the gen 6 moves and abilities, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to have them...

I guess I'll just give up and settle for having only new moves that just need stuff in the MoveEffects section and with the five abilities I've managed to add in on my own

The Gen VI Pack has a building that you enter and it causes trainer Pokemon to be randomized. It's Global Switch #59, if I remember correctly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
It gives me this error whenever i try to start the game...

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 674, key Evolutions

PANGORO,TypeDark,32

Compiler:1645:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:1679:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:2381:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2370:in `each'

Compiler:2370:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2368:in `loop'

Compiler:2449:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2352:in `each'

Compiler:2352:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2351:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Darius\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 674, key Evolutions

PANGORO,TypeDark,32

Compiler:1645:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:1679:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:2381:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2370:in `each'

Compiler:2370:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2368:in `loop'

Compiler:2449:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2352:in `each'

Compiler:2352:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2351:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Darius\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Years
Code:
class PBEvolution
  Unknown           = 0 # Do not use
  Happiness         = 1
  HappinessDay      = 2
  HappinessNight    = 3
  Level             = 4
  Trade             = 5
  TradeItem         = 6
  Item              = 7
  AttackGreater     = 8
  AtkDefEqual       = 9
  DefenseGreater    = 10
  Silcoon           = 11
  Cascoon           = 12
  Ninjask           = 13
  Shedinja          = 14
  Beauty            = 15
  ItemMale          = 16
  ItemFemale        = 17
  DayHoldItem       = 18
  NightHoldItem     = 19
  HasMove           = 20
  HasInParty        = 21
  LevelMale         = 22
  LevelFemale       = 23
  Location          = 24
  TradeSpecies      = 25
[COLOR="Red"]  HappinessMoveType = 26
  TypeDark          = 27
  LevelRain         = 28
  LevelDay          = 29
  LevelNight        = 30
  UpsideDownLevel   = 31[/COLOR]
This is at the very top of Pokemon_Evolution. The red functions were all added by the Gen VI pack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Code:
class PBEvolution
  Unknown           = 0 # Do not use
  Happiness         = 1
  HappinessDay      = 2
  HappinessNight    = 3
  Level             = 4
  Trade             = 5
  TradeItem         = 6
  Item              = 7
  AttackGreater     = 8
  AtkDefEqual       = 9
  DefenseGreater    = 10
  Silcoon           = 11
  Cascoon           = 12
  Ninjask           = 13
  Shedinja          = 14
  Beauty            = 15
  ItemMale          = 16
  ItemFemale        = 17
  DayHoldItem       = 18
  NightHoldItem     = 19
  HasMove           = 20
  HasInParty        = 21
  LevelMale         = 22
  LevelFemale       = 23
  Location          = 24
  TradeSpecies      = 25
[COLOR="Red"]  HappinessMoveType = 26
  TypeDark          = 27
  LevelRain         = 28
  LevelDay          = 29
  LevelNight        = 30
  UpsideDownLevel   = 31[/COLOR]
This is at the very top of Pokemon_Evolution. The red functions were all added by the Gen VI pack.

Mkay cool, but... I dont know where Pokemon_Evolution is...

Years
Does anybody know how to return the sprite positions to the way the are in normal essentials? I just want to use normal sprites. Its the only thing holding me back here.

Last edited:
Years
Sprite settings?
Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that.
I mean the sprite positions. Now that I have the Gen 6 patch on, the backsprites are too low and some of the opposing sprites are too high. I tried just pasting Essentials' Pokebattle_SceneConstants, which fixed the enemy's sprite but now the backsprites are even lower!!!
Sprite positions.png
Also, if I could have a list of the new global switches added in that would be very useful, I don't understand why there would be new content added without mentioning it.

Last edited:
Years
Also, if I could have a list of the new global switches added in that would be very useful, I don't understand why there would be new content added without mentioning it.

From what I can tell, Global Switch #59 is the only switch that the Gen VI Pack added - the random trainers script is likely just there because Mej was working on it at the time, and he edited the wrong Essentials pack. In my copy, Switch #58 ("Boulder down hole Ice cave") is part of base Essentials, and Switch #60 ("Found HM Girl") is something I added myself.

The Gen VI Pack also includes Mej's script to allow a Debug Mode option to force a Pokemon to evolve.

As for your other question, I don't know how to fix it. I'm personally using the EBS, and animated battlers...

Years
From what I can tell, Global Switch #59 is the only switch that the Gen VI Pack added - the random trainers script is likely just there because Mej was working on it at the time, and he edited the wrong Essentials pack. In my copy, Switch #58 ("Boulder down hole Ice cave") is part of base Essentials, and Switch #60 ("Found HM Girl") is something I added myself.

The Gen VI Pack also includes Mej's script to allow a Debug Mode option to force a Pokemon to evolve.

As for your other question, I don't know how to fix it. I'm personally using the EBS, and animated battlers...

59 is the only switch used, and you can remove it very easily (it's just in the encounter modifiers section)
I put it in there so people could test out battling with all the new stuff more easily, so they don't have to manually edit the trainer files.

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
"uninitialized constant PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASED1_Y" error

Good Morning, i've been having issues with double trainer battles i keep getting this error

Pokemon Titanium
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 12, map 41 (ROUTE 8):

Exception: NameError

Message: Section083:1026:in `initialize'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASED1_Y

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TWINS,"Eli & Anne",_I("Awww, gosh darn it."),true,0,false,0)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokeBattle_Scene:2391:in `new'

PokeBattle_Scene:2391:in `pbTrainerSendOut'

PokeBattle_Battle:1609:in `pbSendOut'

PokeBattle_Battle:2700:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2607:in `pbStartBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:496:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:495:in `pbSceneStandby'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:497:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:494:in `pbBattleAnimation'

OK

and i been Looking for what its asking and it's no where to be found in PokeBattle_SceneConstants i only see
FOEBASEX = FOEBATTLER_X
FOEBASEY = FOEBATTLER_Y

but no FOEBASED1_Y

Last edited:

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
I haven't down anything I'm using Gen 6 mod , my battle system is side by side and I added a couple double battle trainer and now it's giving me this error when trying to do a double battle

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
Would it be too much to ask for like a guide on what we'd need to replace in the gen 6 pack and like what we shouldn't touch? Just like actually wondering, I'm sure it might be hard to explain... I just seem to get endless errors when I use it and try to port my game's stuff to it.

Also the thing with the sprite positions that BlowDryGuy mentioned are confusing, clicking to auto-postion all still makes them all way off.

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
Hello,
I don't know if I did something wrong, but the Generation 6 Kit is not working for me. I can't open the party menu or begin a battle. I got the demo team from the debug menu. It doesn't matter if the battle is wild or from a trainer.
I get this exception when trying to battle.
Spoiler:

I tried almost everything until now. Downloading the kit new, downloading it from another computer, with OS X and Windows 10, deleting the savefile from the Generation 6 Kit, reinstalling the RPG Maker with all it's stuff (registry and stuff like that), but nothing worked.
Am I just too dumb and I'm doing something wrong? :D
Thanks in advance.

Back