• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
  • It was over. Vio nearly collapsed after Aggron ('finally, I know his name' Vio thought) was teleported away. Vio knew it would have been extremely bad if the battle continued. But it was over. The Leafeon walked up to the group of Pokemon and handed each of them a single Chesto Berry. Vio accepted the gift, but not caring about it. At that point in time, the whole event was personal. As the shiny Leafeon left, Vio felt that this kidnapping was about more than just treasure. Vio looked at the brown leaf on her head, and knew something was going to go down eventually. Her being shiny truly was a curse. With that in mind, Vio walked back to base camp.

It was already night when Vio got there, and felt welcome due to the soft glow of a fire and some lights. Vio walked to the bar and was happy that there was an open seat there. As she sat down, she noticed that Gallant and that Gastly from before was also there. Gallant was drinking juice of a berry Vio wasn't quite sure she knew, but thought it could be a Kebia berry, or Aguav… maybe Hondew. Wasn't too important. The Gastly seemed to be in a conversation with a Spinda, which Vio decided not to join in. "Hey, uh, are you gonna order something, Vi?" Kricketot asked Vio. "Yeah, sorry. I'll take a large glass of Nanab berry juice, please." Kricketot nodded and made Vio her drink. Vio took it with a thanks and drank it. She shuddered as the bitter-sweet liquid went over her tongue and down her throat. While preferring sweet drinks, Vio had wanted something bitter. She couldn't shake off that feeling of prejudice that she often felt. She didn't feel safe with the guild, she felt safer. Big difference.

Vio finished off her juice, and left some coins on the bar. Vio quietly left, trying to not attract attention, especially from that Gastly. Looking back at it, Vio found that she now respected that Gastly, Fennekin and Porygon. But Vio didn't want to talk to the Gastly, not when she was basically the cause that he got knocked out. Vio walked back to her tent, stopping just outside the entrance. Vio used Synthesis, completely erasing that cut she received. She walked inside her tent, where she lived alone. She stood in front of a mirror that was by her bed, and looked at her now unscratched body. She smirked, 'I guess that feeling of prejudice is deserved. After all, who doesn't want to be shiny?' Vio thought to herself. She then laughed, and laughed, and laughed. "I'll show them how special shiny Pokemon can be…" she said quietly to herself. She then laid on her bed, and fell asleep peacefully.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • @LinearAxel

After celebrating a long, rewarding day as Dávalos basked in his greatness in the comfort of his tent, he of course felt it necessary to check on the others, to see how they were holding up in comparison to how he was feeling, which was of course on top of the world after a fairly electric performance earlier. No longer able to keep to himself, he burst out of the tent, ready to celebrate with the others. If Dávalos was anything apart from the product of a career in showmanship, it was sociable, even if, to his confusion, he sometimes alienated others. Dávalos found that out the hard way more than a couple of times when he attempted to talk to kids his age in his village.

Walking over to the bonfire, Dávalos spotted a fellow fire type of his, Tahni, sitting apart from everyone else, with an expression of resolve in her eyes. It must have been due to whatever conversation she and Gallant had, which he had heard bits and pieces of. Dávalos changed his course to go to talk with Tahni, perhaps shedding some light on what happened while he was else where. Dávalos went up to Tahni and asked, Spanish accent biting into his words, "Hello, my fellow fire type! How was the adventure without the guidance of Dávalos?"

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

@Infinite
    Gosu cheered internally as a large mixture of liquified berries was slid infront of him. He then had an internal dilemma about how he was supposed to actually drink said concoction.

"Don't worry rad poison bro, I'm cool with your gases. I mean," The Spinda replied to him, whilst pointing to a space not to far off. "Look at him. He keeps stinging me with his quick, hot stingers."

Gosu laughed internally. Spinda weren't the most stable Pokemon to begin with, but this one seemed to have had one too many berry drinks.

Suddenly the Spinda downed his entire drink. "Now you. That drink looks like a tall order for a Gastly." The Spinda hiccuped.

Had the Spinda just challenged him? Gosu grinned as he lifted the drink telekenetically and poured the whole thing into his open mouth. He could feel it sloshing around inside his core, cold and wet, but sweet and delicious.

"Whoooo!" Gosu exclaimed, albeit probably a tad too loud as several members had turned to look at them.

Gosu then looked at the Spinda and saw a look of sheer pain on its face. Oh no... The poor guy had gotten a brain freeze. "Hold in there my dear chap... Oh... Oh dear..." Gosu had started to try and comfort the Spinda, but felt a familiar pain radiating from the sloshy juices inside him.

It looks like despite being a gaseous expanse, not even he was immune to the accursed grasp of the ever evil... Brain freeze!

Gosu fell to the ground with a thump as he writhed around in pain. This was not something he would want to remember!

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry
    berry02.png
    1 x Chesto berry

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey was busy walking back from the dungeon, well behind everyone else. That
    Scyther was really tough but the guild had powered through thanks to a team effort and a timely explosion blowing the Scyther to smithereens, at least he hoped. There were some unfortunate casualties but they were't too badly poisoned so he felt confident they would be alright. He would make it a point to apologize to those affected at some point soon though. Trey finally reached the campsite and saw Bronzong, stoic as ever, in his office. Trey made eye contact and smiled, giving Bronzong a nod.

The night was young but Trey was so very tired yet had so much energy still. He wasn't ready to go to bed yet but didn't really feel like socializing at the moment. With that in mind, he decided to head to the dojo and work on his attacks and agility. Maybe Accelgor would be there too and give him some pointers. He reached the large tent that thankfully hadn't been destroyed yet by Accelgor and his longtime, nomadic rival Escavalier. He made his way in and found it to be very dark in the tent.

"Hmmm, Accelgor must be over by the bonfire then. I suppose I'll just train alone for now."

Trey looked tried making his way around the tent, looking for something to get some light. He made his way to the back of the tent and found a door. "This must be his room, I wonder if there are some candles in here or a light switch of sorts" Trey said as he pushed open the door stepping in, that is until a hand grabbed Trey's shoulder pulling him back.

"I wouldn't go in there son. It's no place for apprentices." the mysterious voice said. Turning around Trey saw Accelgor holding a candle, illuminating his serious expression that always seemed to be there.

"Why not? Isn't it just your room? I was looking for a light source..." Trey said matter-of-factly.

Accelgor just sighed and said "Oh no my boy, that is a mysterious dungeon where only the strongest of the strong can go. It's no place for little tykes like you."

Trey puffed up his chest at that "I'm strong! I just helped to take down a wicked Scyther! I can handle whatever is in that dungeon, no problem!" Proudly thumping his chest.

Accelgor just shook his head and lead Trey away from the dungeon, closing the door. "That is all well and good but you still have much to learn and gain from training and doing expeditions."

"Well then help me! That's what I am here for anyways and it is your job to help us apprentices out!" Trey said excitedly.

"Hmmm I suppose i can train you some..." Accelgor pondered, "So be it. Let us begin" He said as they entered another part of the tent, Accelgor lighting what looked like a trough on the wall, it exploding into fire and lighting up the entire room.

"Welcome to my dojo, Trey. Show me your strength."

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

A lot had happened. She was removed from receiving any more injuries by the Tyrunt, something that she had appreciated, and she would tell him of his adequate job later. After that, well... it was kind of a blurr. An insignificant blur. Injuries tended to, having to deal with an annoying Mr. Mime... some of the typical lectures about her overexerting herself... it wasn't anything new. Wasn't... anything new, she noted with shame.

Nor was the idiocy of others new. Basically, everyone was an idiot, she noted. Herself, Tahni, Gallant, and trashbag. How could they be so reckless? She was reckless, sure, but they endangered people with fumes and explosions. And she definitely didn't make threats to others from a safe distance. Sardonically thinking of the Kirlia, she scoffed and noted that he was probably off telling Bronzong right now. As she said, she'd deal with this later.

For now, she couldn't really take much more of these thoughts, feeling the typical restless irritation flaring up within her. It was time for some action. The others were off doing their own thing. Good. She needed to avoid them all and to stop thinking.

The Espurr made her way to her usual spot - Accelgor's training dojo. Good. The entrance was empty as always. Accelgor was probably off training somebody else. That was the way she preferred it. Her eyes focused on a familiar fixture in the room - an old beaten up training bag erupting with stuffing. She unveiled her sharp claws and began scratching it viciously, snarling and concentrating her anger on this bag. It felt so good to let it go.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years

• Vedder The Eevee

Vedder woke up from a rare long sleep, one that sadly only occurs when he's sick. He could tell by the darkness of the tent and the silence of the outside that it was night time. He exited the tent and went towards the sound of a fire crackling. There was an ominous aura in the camp, something happened. Whether it was good or bad, he could not tell.

"Of all the days, I had to be sick today..." He murmured to himself.

As he approached the campfire, his eyes adjusted to the brightness of the flames. After a short while, he was able to make up the shapes of a couple of pokemon near him.

"What did I miss?"

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniDay One

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png
    A strong leader, a good leader. She felt she knew a lot about what made a good leader, since she went from living within a pride to living with the guild and Bronzong. She was pretty sure she knew, and she knew that right now she didn't have everything it took. Gallant chuckles and even manages to crack a light smile at what she said, which makes her watch him all the more closely. It was a pretty pleasant noise, guess she said something right.
    Looks like he's about to head off. Gallant is a leader, maybe not a fantastic one, but a respectable one, and looking after his little team was an important part of his job. Now that he's lifted her spirits he can head off…maybe he'll go apologize to Elly next, or talk to Trey about taking it easy with the poison next time. The guild could benefit from a speech in teamwork.
    Okay, this time he's totally right. If she's caught second guessing herself over a plan that worked, there's no way she'll build that trust she desperately needed today. A team will only believe in a leader that they think is strong and unshakable, and she'll never get there if she mopes around in the open. "I'll think things over in my tent next time." He's got her smiling. Today didn't go as well as planned, but she learned a lot…which was a start.

Guidance…Hm. Maybe she'll take him up on that offer. Not today, they've done enough for today, but for the next expedition…if things aren't going any better than they are now. He might not be the greatest leader, but he's way further along than she is. She can learn something from him, she's certain. Plus…he said she had potential, so he's climbing back up into her good graces. "I'll be in touch." She says as he begins to walk away.

Let your burden go…if she's going to do that one hundred percent, she'll need to apologize to Elly…and hopefully get to explain her position and how, in the time of desperation, it seemed like the only way to save Gallant and get them all out of their alive. Alright, time to find Elly. Tahni hops back off her log, only to catch a gentle twinkle from where Gallant had put his hand. Curiously, she steps closer to the twinkling. Her eyes grow wide as she sees that he left the Prism Shard behind. Delicately she picks the shard up with her teeth and places it in her bag. While she had always believed that carrying items slowed an expedition down, today was a good lesson in always bringing along a few berries; thus, the first thing she did when she got back to camp was dig out her adventuring bag.
    He left this for her…well, crud. Now she has to like him again.
    Out of the corner of her eye, Tahni catches a swift movement bursting from a tent. She glances over to see her fiery little pal walking over. Even on a bad day she finds it hard not to smile around the little fox. He's so…innocent, so happy, and the little accent in his voice is pretty endearing. He reminds her of the younger cubs in the pride; so playful and mischievous, always wanting to go just a bit farther than they were allowed in order to prove their bravery and strength.
    "A little harder than it would have been with Davalos." She laughs quietly. He's just…fun to be around. "But we managed to beat Scyther." Her tail swishes behind her as she speaks. They beat him…sorta. They didn't arrest him like they planned. "What about you?" She asks with enthusiasm. "I heard the Kricket bros say something about an Aggron?"

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

King roamed the camp, the fires burning on the torches guiding his way. There were a bunch of people from the Scyther attack a while ago, but he also spotted some faces who opted out the dungeon. He heard they had an expedition of their own involving a Leafeon and an Aggron but King had no patience for the details. He was exhausted from the battle with the wild Pokemon and was just determined to rest. However, there was still a cacophony of sounds emanating from the campground and King was sure he would find difficulty in resting.

He just decided to let the noise die down. He might probably go talk to some of the shopkeepers in a while, provided they are not busy with stuff. He thought of going to Accelgor an ask for some tips from the veteran fighter but the Pokemon could not be found.

King doesn't really know where to go. He's starting to yawn.

The Grand Expedition​

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • @LinearAxel
    "Well you see, it was quite the success," Dávalos exclaimed with a twinkling glint in his eye. "I was alerted to the plight of the poor Leafeon by a Pidove who happened to have witnessed that awful scene of being mugged by some cowardly brute. Of course, my guildmates and I, having no tolerance for such a blatant display of dishonor and injustice, charged to the scene with the intent on stopping that dastardly Aggron!"

"Of course, the great Dávalos used un mezcla de, how you say, cunning and ferocity. While the others were busy whittling down his ability to fight, I, being the strong Fennekin I am, landed a successful Flamethrower on that brute and saved my comrades from certain doom by dispelling a barrage of rocks falling on the Porygon. Surely scared off by the great Dávalos and company, that cowardly Aggron fled, not to bother that Leafeon more!"

@crimsoncero
    After finishing his conversation with Tahni, Dávalos was alerted to the presence of another similar quadruped who resembled a fox. Without directly answering the Eevee's question, Dávalos instead exclaimed, "Well, my little friend, you missed two epic performances worthy of movies. One, of course, with the great Dávalos in it!"

crimsoncero

Years

• Vedder The Eevee

"So once again I've missed everything, and I really wanted to see your performance, Dávalos."
    Vedder told the Fennekin. Since a week ago, when he joined the guild, he was sick and could not join any of the missions.

"It seems everything is back to normal now..." The Eevee looked at the sky filled with stars. "I'll see you tomorrow morning Dávalos ."
    Vedder walked away towards one of the edges of the camp, he lay down on one of the rocks, and looked at the star formations in the sky.
    'No more sickness', He thought to himself, 'Tomorrow I'll be in a mission.'

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey was getting very tired from the training as Accelgor was pushing him to his limits. There were a lot of agility drills and some battle sequences to get Trey more prepared for when he battled in a mystery dungeon again. Trey could feel the training helping him as he was even able to get a few good hits on the owner of the dojo with a Rollout and Pound attack. In the end though, Accelgor proved his strength again as Trey eventually succumbed to Accelgor's clear advantage in skill.

"You have done well tonight. We are done. Get some rest." Accelgor told Trey as he turned to head back to his own room.

@Arylett Charnoa

Trey wanted to protest but the dojo owner was right. Trey brushed the sweat off his brow as headed back towards the entrance. Something peaked his interest though as he heard snarling and angry scratching from another part of the dojo. Walking towards the sound, he saw Elly attacking the living bejeezus out of an old punching bag that Trey was shocked was still hanging there. It was clear that this bag had dealt with a lot of Elly's venting since she joined the guild. "Better the bag then me I suppose" Trey thought.

Watching her, Trey remembered how he had almost killed her twice that day. Trey was getting ready to say something but realized his gut instinct hadn't been right yet when it came to this Pokemon and it probably wouldn't be smart to interrupt Elly in the middle of one of her sparring events. With that in mind he turned around and left the dojo.

Heading towards the lodging, Trey stopped in his room to get some paper and pen and began writing,

"Dear Elly,

You were right that i screw up a lot and I need to learn or else there is no point for me continuing to be in the guild. Those words really hit home for me and I wanted to thank you for that. I have already begun working on becoming a better member of the guild so that I may be able to make better decisions in battle in order to better help my fellow apprentices. I know we haven't seen eye to eye very much lately due to obvious reasons but at the end of the day we are guildmates and I know I would do anything I can to help you out. I wanted to say I am so very sorry and hope that we can one day work together to overcome obstacles. I hope we can talk sometime and begin that first step.

Sincerely

Trey

Trey folded the paper in half and quickly walked over to Elly's tent, placing it on her pillow for her to find later. As he left the tent, he couldn't help but smile. Tomorrow was a new day full of new adventures and possibly new friends. Who knew what may happen.

Trey reached his tent and plopped down on his bed, immediately passing out. Soft breathing the only sound coming from the tent as Trey dreamed of the many dungeons and enemies awaiting him and the guild.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

She continued for quite some time to rip the training bag to shreds, completely disregarding everything around her. Sweat was running vigorously down her fur, and she could feel the usual clumps of wet spots forming.

"Elly... don't you think that is enough for the night? If you keep going, there won't be any training bag left," The calm voice of Accelgor woke her from her maddened daze. It was only then that she had realized just how exhausted she had felt.

"You are... right. I... overdid it. I will try... to restrain myself more in the future," She breathed back at him as she backed away from the bag and began to slowly move her overused muscles back to her tent. Saying those words wasn't a one time occurrence, she noted disappointingly. Her restraint was getting a little better, but the unique events of this day seem to have driven her back to square one. Improvement completely negated... a better response was needed for these. Still, all of that venting certainly did wonders. The events of the day felt like some stupid, distant memory, one that she wasn't even sure how she could be angry at. Although maybe that was just her aching bones doing the talking.

In all of her thoughts, she hadn't really been paying attention to much of what she was doing. Her body had arrived at her tent, fluffing her pillow to prepare for sleep, when she noticed an additional whiteness beneath it. Curiously, Elly set the pillow aside and unfurled the piece of paper, reading its contents.

At this time, she wasn't really sure how to react. Her mind was dancing, but her body was immensely tired. But if he went out of his way to leave this note...

"Then what I said may not have been a waste of time," She continued her thoughts aloud, as she put her pillow back in place and immediately let her body drift off to sleep.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

Gallant had left the dizzy and berry fueled fools to fall over themselves for far longer into the night then he dared to forge. He walked back out of the diner tent with a backwards wave to Kricketot as he sighed and began to scoop Mira, Gosu and Hash off of the floor.

Some of the more Nocturnal guildmembers were helping to pitch up and move any non lodging tents they could to a point where they could be transported come the following morning. Gallant had informed Bronzong of the pathway they had discovered through the dungeon during their meeting. As the sun had been setting in the sky, Gallant had met with the old iron pokémon to give a report of the guild for the day. Their progress, their machinations, interactions and their overall ability to complete the tasks they were given.

That meeting... He gazed into the fire as he remembered it.

---​

"Then they didn't get into too much trouble, Gallant?"

The Kirlia shook his head gently from side to side. "The injuries attained were to be expected of the tasks that the recruits found themselves in... so not to worry, nobody was seriously harmed." Gallant thought momentarily to the events surrounding Elly, Tahni and Trey. He had threatened the two cat pokémon with ratting them out to the guildmaster for their misdeeds. However, doing so would inevitably prove fruitless. He felt as though they would find a way to deal with the issue amidst themselves.

Besides... it was their first day, they deserved some slack after all, they had put in enough effort to earn that at least.

"That's wonderful news. I would have been distraught to see my recruits harmed... it seems that hiring your services was rather worthwhile after all." Bronzong stopped for a moment and furrowed his gaze.

"I am aware that since the death of your mentor... that pleasant Umbreon, The Morning Sun guild has been falling into some less that savory practices Gallant."

Gallant cringed as he heard those words. His mentor and friend, the pokémon whom had taken him in had died very recently during a mission with the current leader... a mission Gallant suspected involved some sort of foul play. He had avoided the new leader nigh-religiously since then... and had often butt heads with them over their new, less than appropriate business practices. The Morning Suns legacy was being tarnished and destroyed, the one home Gallant new was being torn apart.

That was when Bronzong had approached Morning Sun... and requested Gallant specifically.

"Gallant. Your mentor always spoke highly of you... I knew that sans him, you were my best bet at a responsible leader to accompany my recruits. I want you to know he'd be pro-"

"Save it." Gallant interrupted, speaking aloud rather than with telepathy. "I know where this is going, I do not need the validation sir. With all due respect."

He stepped towards the exit of the tent and let out a gentle sigh. "If that will be all... I believe I have reported enough information for one day."

Bronzong said nothing, merely giving him a simple nod in Gallant's direction.

With that he had left.

---​

The flames were breathing their last and it took the idle water gun of a Squirtle working for the guild, extinguishing the flames, to snap Gallant out of his trance.

His only family was gone. He had come to accept that... but why had Bronzong asked for him, rather than any other member of his huge appendix of a team? Was gallant the only one Bronzong trusted due to his closeness to the previous leader? Were their some other forces at work?

He... didn't know. Nor, he supposed, did he really care. This was his job for the forseeable future, he would do it.

As he left the campsite and walked into his slightly larger than average tent, he stared idly at the large and empty pile of hay he would sleep in alone for the night.

He liked it with the guild. It was something he could get used to.

That scared him.

Lying idly atop the empty and comfortable pile, he closed his eye slowly and blocked his vision. Using calm mind to settle his thoughts, he allowed himself to drift gently off to sleep.

Aggron dropped to one knee atop the tower. The wind blew past him at an increasing pace and he felt a single drop of sweat drip down his iron mask. His psychic ally was geneflecting beside him and while they had a certain aura of calm about them... Aggron could sense their fear.

And he knew their boss could as well.

"YOU WHAT?! YOU LET THEM ESCAPE?!"

"W-We're sorry boss... we...."

ENOUGH! I'VE HAD ENOUGH EXCUSES!

"Boss... p-please we... AGH!"

Aggron was suddenly tossed across the plateau onto his stomach as a powerful hyper beam almost immediately obliterated him... eviscerating any will he had to talk back as he simply whimpered. The steel type looked up in fear towards the darkness, the source of the beam, where two red eyes pierced the veil and glared into him an expression that could cut through mountains with a single turn of the head.

"YOU WILL GO AHEAD AND UNLEASH MY LITTLE SIDE PROJECT TO FINISH THE JOB. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYMORE FAILURE AGGRON. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

"S-sir! Yessir! It won't happen again sir!" Aggron scrambled to his feet and began to stumble down the spiral staircase leading back into the tower below. He almost fell over his tired and beaten weight once or twice... but somehow he managed to struggle onwards.

"BEEHEYEM..."

The voice boomed and the small orange psychic type kept his head bowed, terrified to even flinch in the presence of its master.

"SEE TO IT THAT HE DOESN'T FAIL AGAIN."

Beeheyem nodded quickly before turning to float away. "Y-yes my Lord. It will be done."

Once they were both out of sight, the leader shuddered with a strange sense of power and authority. He did not like to be cheated out of a kill. He would have vengeance... he would show his enemies just how big a mistake it was to interfere in his operations.

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

Congratulations! With this post the first Act has officially ended! Well done on making it this far!

Now all you must do is wait for a Bronzong post from my Co-GM, Nagi and the Second Act of "Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition" will finally begin!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Guild Secretary Snubbull

After a night's sleep, the guild was making itself up for another day of adventuring. After a day of travelling, the guild camp had been set up on the coast, near the famed Regi's Causeway of Brine Cove. This area, characterized by the hexagonal stepping stones leading up to the roaring waves crashing onto the rocks, would prove to be an interesting place to explore indeed. Slightly more dangerous than the river path dungeon traversed before, but certainly no challenge the apprentices of Haven Exploration Guild couldn't handle.

''Isn't that right?''​

So spoke the small, pink Pokémon standing on a pedestal in front of the Guild Longtent. As she explained, the Guildmaster was, and would likely henceforth be too busy to greet the apprentices in the morning. ''You should all be very grateful for the hard work he puts in for all of your sakes as well, so let me hear you cheer! It should be loud enough for the Guildmaster to hear in his office!''
    Snubbull always had some trouble getting the guild members to obey her commands, as her figure wasn't nearly as imposing as that of Bronzong or even Gallant. Nonetheless, she stood her ground, and refused to let the members' weak first attempt slide by. ''You can do better than that!''

''SMILES GO FOR MILES!'' the apprentices finally yelled with her, some enthusiastic, others... just to get it over with.​

''Very good. Now then...'' Snubbull nodded approvingly before looking through her list of notes once more. ''Remember what I've told you now. The cave in the cove will likely be most interesting to explore - but beware as the cave floods completely when the tide comes up. Especially those of you weak to water or unable to swim must exercise extreme caution while excavating it. Otherwise, the surroundings of the cove may very well hold interesting areas and treasures as well, so don't feel bad if you prefer to stay on the surface. Keep your eyes peeled!''

The guild members finally nodded, and the secretary Pokémon spoke her final command.

''DISMISSED!''

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

With this, the Second Act has officially begun. Please divide into two groups, one of which explore the inside of the cave alongside Gallant, while the other will explore the exterior. The groups needn't be of equal size, but I'd like at least three of you in each group. Now then, happy exploring!

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

Snubull had barely finished speaking when Gosu floated forwards. He didn't even have to think about it, he knew that today was going to be his day!

"I'll go down into the caves, as a mass of Gas, my body can slip through cracks in the walls, I can also freeze the air around me to protect myself from the rising water... and not needing to breathe is a bit of a plus is it not?" Gosu explained to the group as he floated to the left, where he expected the members of the Cave expedition would be gathering.

"It looks like we'll be exploring together again my dear Gallant. Just stay away from Scythers aye?" Gosu chuckled quietly to the Psychic pokemon. "On that note, I had best not get too distracted myself, lest I get knocked out by my allies again. I daresay we both have room for improvement... but maybe if we watch each others backs we can make up for that our own short comings?"

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry
    berry02.png
    1 x Chesto berry

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png
    So… a cave…that floods. Not exactly the best place for a fire type. The flooding isn't what bothers her, no, she can swim just fine. It's what will come around with the flooding that bothers her…there's bound to be water types down there. Sure, she handled those Poliwhirl just fine, but she got a real adrenaline rush from the surprise of their sudden appearance. Here the water types are going to be pretty expected. If only she had been born a Shinx, she'd have a lot less weaknesses…and a lot better attacks.

With that in mind, she has more normal attacks than she does fire. She wouldn't be a complete sitting duck in the cave…and her ability to see in the dark could really prove beneficial inside such a dark place, and she does really want to be a part of the bigger adventure. Hmm. Tahni glances down to her adventurer's bag, where her new shard remains. He told her that she has to look strong in order to be a leader. She won't look very strong getting knocked out by a team bubblebeam attack, but she won't look very strong opting out of this mission because of the water either.

Her eyes now dart between the cave and the area surrounding it. If she waits and sees what the others do, she can get a better idea of which team she would have the most synergy with. Where can she be the most help? That's how a leader should think…right?

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

The waves seemed calm as Gallant stepped softly over the rocky Crags of the Regi's Causeway. He couldn't quite put his finger on why, but for some reason this location felt oddly close to home. Perhaps it was because he too, had been born in a rocky and coastal area... regardless, for some reason he felt very comfortable around the stone outcropping and crashing waves. They calmed him, settles his mind and allowed him greater focus on the task at hand. It was peaceful for certain. He almost got lost in thought, in fact.

"Ahh, Gosu... good to see you up and ready after you and Hash had your little excursion. Here I thought you'd be able to handle the berry juice." Gallant chuckled slightly at his own remark. He was certainly in higher spirits that morning. "Yes of course you're right, there is always room for further improvement. It is important to always strive to be better. I'm glad to see you're confident about the cave but it's important to be careful regardless. Mayhaps you can go underwater nicely, but being a lump of ice or ball of gas makes you rather bound to the mercy of the currents. Getting caught in the water will most likely have you swept out to sea. He nodded gently and moved to address the rest of the group. "I hope you realize I won't be swimming after you. You take these risks knowingly."

"Good morning guild recruits. Today our task is to explore the Regi's Causeway for anything interesting... as well as to find a safe route for the Guild Camp to pass through on the way to our next destination." Gallant nodded gently and gestured towards the cave.

"Your guildmaster has made the decision for one group to enter this cave in search of valuables and treasure... or you know, anything interesting of the sort. The cave is prone to flooding however, as such the Guildmaster has tasked me with accompanying you on this mission." Gallant proceeded to use his other hand to identify the path along the coast that should be taken by the other group.

"Group number 2 should proceed along the coast here, clearing a path through any rubble and debris that may be in the way, as well as dealing with any aggressive pokémon that may be present along this route, in order to forge a safe path for the guild to pass through."

Gallant looked about the recruits, before nodding once more and heading towards the cave with a determined expression.

"Come then recruits. To the caves."

The cave was certainly very damp. The ground was comprised of several slick wet stones that one was liable to slip on if they weren't careful. The entrance was illuminated by the opening to the large cavern... a wide open mouth in the side of a large mound of stone. The mouth of the cave was oddly angular... since every stone along the causeway seemed to be comprised of a perfectly hexagonal shape. Even the inside of the cave had no real slopes or rounded surfaces. It was all steps as it progressed deeper into the Earth below. It gave the entire cave a strange cross-vibe somewhere between the realms of digital and naturally realistic. Yet it existed... it was a strange place for sure and as Gallant lead the team further into the cave he couldn't help but feel like that feeling of homeliness he felt was further and further away.

As the cave got deeper, it began to level off, forming a sort of maze of twisting corridors... yet it wasn't so easy to explain. The different pathways curved in their angular way and seemed to move towards different elevations and directions... like tendrils of air ripping through ground as if it were data. Like a computer system of rock and stone, infiltrated by the water and breeze of the sea. So very strange, yet Gallant couldn't help but get excited as to what sort of treasures could be found within.

After a few more steps forward the light from outside was failing to reach the group, darkness was ahead and the group couldn't continue without some form of light.

Gallant picked up a loose piece of driftwood from the floor, presumably it had been left there by the rushing tides. There were two more sticks to fit in the palm of a hand or paw, but Gallant would leave those for the others.

"Are there any fire types here with us? We should light these and use them to progress further."

crimsoncero

Years

• Vedder The Eevee

Vedder pondered to which team he should join. He was still slightly sick, and a dark cave full of water was not the most healthy environment; but it was his chance to finally get on an adventure.

'Maybe I could learn about Water types there' He thought to himself. Ever since he joined the expedition, the young Eevee was wondering to what he will evolve into. Settings a goal to himself to explore all the different types an Eevee can become, and then choose which he likes the most.

'I will also be able to see Gallant in action, so it's also a Psychic type exploration' He continued thinking 'And it is a cave, after all, so it's not unlikely to find a Dark type out there either.'

After convincing himself that a triple type exploration will exceed the fact that he might get sicker, Vedder followed Gallant into the depths of the cave.

The cave had an eerie and creepy atmosphere. Vedder felt nausea as he looked at the hexagonal shapes. 'Just stick with the group and everything will be fine' He told himself.

After a short while, the light from the entrance started to fade, Vedder could barely see Gallant picking up some wood, even though he was quite near him.
    Responding to the Kirlia question he said, quietly "Another pro to Fire types..."

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Dávalos pondered which team he should join. Of course, he learned his lesson the hard way that he wasn't quite invincible, particular not against accursed water types. However, not one to back away from a daring challenge, especially from one that can redeem himself, he excitedly yelped out in a rather unrefined tone, "Ooh ooh ooh, I want to go to the co-" Dávalos clears his throat, realizing how childish that must have sounded to let childish excitement get in the way of his image. "Er, the great Dávalos wishes to explore this cove, for greatness and glory," emphasizing the last few words with a dramatic pose with his left paw in the air.

Satisfied with also having the opportunity to embark on a journey with Gallant, she reached out to Tahni, who seemed to be indecisive on where to go. Feeling the need to embolden the fiery little fire feline, Dávalos turned to her and whispered, "Hey Tahni, do not be so afraid of the water types, for you have an entire team and, of course, me to back you up. Come, we must go and fulfill our duties as lovers of adventure and members of the guild!"

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

A rather groggy Elly had stumbled in a little late on Snubbull's spiel. It was a tough night. Even with her body so worn out, she found herself unable to sleep so well with all of the obtrusive, spinning thoughts weaving aggressively in and out. All she really heard was that they would be exploring the area around a cave and the inside of a cave.

However, she immediately perked up when she saw that Gallant was still here. Damn. He wasn't even a part of the guild... why wouldn't he just go away? It was his speech that cemented her decision. She would not go into the caves. Sure, one would think that she was reckless, that the most expected course of action was to rush into the caves in some misguided attempt to prove herself to Gallant. But she didn't need his approval. In fact, she decided that the best course of action, particularly to prevent any more psychic outbursts, was to avoid that which caused her unproductive anger. It was pointless to convince him of anything. He had already made up his mind about her.

@LinearAxel

"So, are you going in there with him? It's more trouble than it's worth. So I'm not going," She had rather suddenly appeared besides Tahni. "Wherever you go though, you shouldn't go with Trey. The two of you are a bad and reckless combination. But he seems to be striving towards improvement. The question is; are you?" Her tone was rather scathing.

Back