• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles [T]

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
  • When Zachry arrived at Oldale, he proceeded to the Poke Mart to stock up on supplies. After all, he had already consumed supplies to get here in the first place. Walking in to the Poke Mart, it appeared that the man from earlier who had insulted him and his Fennekin had snuck out of the Poke Mart. Not wanting to be seen by the man, he quickly ducked aside to stay out of the man's line of vision while Charlotte glared at him, growling under her breath. Not appearing to have recognized, being wrapped up in his own thoughts, Zachry silently thanked not being harassed more by the creep and moved along to go about his business. After stocking up on some potions and other miscellaneous goods that Zachry and Charlotte needed, he went over to the cashier, avoided the cashier's eye and quietly paid for his goods while blatantly ignoring the cashier's attempts at small talk.

Man, why do I get stuck with the socially awkward customers today, the store clerk thought to himself. First that guy with the trainer thing, now this poor kid. I was just trying to be nice…

After leaving the Poke Mart satisfied if a little confused by the Poke Mart clerk's expression, Zachry, having no other business in the sleepy town, proceeded to Route 102. As he got closer to the route, he noticed that the blue haired girl from earlier, Rose, was cheerfully on her way to the route with the other fire fox tagging along. Not wanting to feel awkward around her, especially after all that Rose did in standing up to the tall smoker guy, he attempted to keep to himself walking down. Of course, when you're 6' 3", almost cried in front of people and possess a small fire fox, it's impossible to not be noticed…

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Maurice Watson - Oldale Town
    buneary.gif
    bunnelby.gif

Briefcase:
    Spoiler:

Maurice had made it out of Oldale and was on his way towards Petalburg City and his first gym battle. He could hardly contain excitement. His first real gym battle was so close he could taste it. There was one thing bothering him though. It had to do with Junior, his newly caught Bunnelby. The little grey rabbit was still clearly angry about his predicament and it worried Maurice that he wouldn't listen to him in battle. Now sure there was plenty of time to begin alleviating this problem but it would still take some time and he needed that time for training, not manners lessons. He looked down at the rabbit, strolling next to him, slowing his pace. He figured now was as good of a time as any to begin this process. Maurice stopped and knelt down in front of the Pokemon.

"Now Junior, I know you aren't thrilled about this situation. Quite frankly, neither am I" the trainer said honestly, "but I caught you for a reason and Cocoa and I would greatly appreciate it if you gave us a chance. You won't regret it." Maurice gave his most inviting smile to Junior, trying to show how much he cared about him. This was not good enough though as the Bunnelby shrugged him off and kicked some dirt at Cocoa and Maurice. Clearly it was going to take a little more work to reach through to the Pokemon.

He dusted himself and Cocoa off, got up and proceeded towards Petalburg. The pair of rabbits close behind. At least on the bright side, Junior was staying with Maurice and not running. It was a start. It wasn't much of one but at least it was something. If only Maurice could just reach through to Junior about how much he cares and why it would be good to travel with him.

And that was when it him...

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

Ellis hummed in thought, considering that it would probably be better if she tried her hand at a battle here, on Route 103 or 102, before going further. Battles would only be getting harder from here on out—but he kept this to himself, thinking that she probably knew that much by now. "Well, everyone starts somewhere, right?" He offered rather unhelpfully, "And your houndour looks really strong, so I'm sure it'll be a breeze." He exchanged a smile with Frightful's curious glances before looking up to take in the view of Route 103, which while picturesque and idyllic, was definitely exactly what she described it as. Grass and Water. But at least, Ellis thought, there was some water thrown into the mix unlike Littleroot.

It was the last thought he had before Linnet drew his attention to Frightful's alerted behavior, about to open his mouth to tell her he hadn't heard anything. But instead of his voice, a grating imitation of Linnet's interrupted as a Chatot mimicked her. He leaned over a little as well to listen to Linnet ponder on whether she could catch it—and he shrugged one shoulder. "I don't see why not. Do you have pokeballs?" He made to rummage in his bag to lend her one if she didn't. "I feel like Frightful could take it out relatively easily, if you can get it out of the tree...?"

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Rose Burnes Route 102

R_zpsgsdjy5oe.png

better_zpsh1ohsrxx.gif
    "Vul?" Tanna stops her stride and turns her head. She caught a familiar scent from behind them; the Fennekin from Littleroot.
    "Hm? What is it, Tanna?" Rose stops and glances behind her, noticing the hesitant boy from Birch's lab. Thank goodness, he's alright… She thinks to herself. She wouldn't say it out loud, but she was worried about her fellow fire-fox trainer, especially with the jerk that put him down still wandering around. He didn't give up, he made it all the way to the next city and kept going. That'll show their not-so-friendly neighborhood jerk.
    "Vulpix! Vul, Vulpix!" Tanna cries out a happy greeting to her fellow fox type.
    "Tanna—" Rose quickly bends down and scoops her fox into her arms. It doesn't look like Zachry wanted to be noticed, much less called out. She turns to face the wandering trainer and flashes him an encouraging smile. No words, just a smile, a nod of approval, and a short lived wave. With that, the windows of communication are opened, but the male trainer is under no obligation to say anything if he doesn't want to.
    "Let's get going, he'll come along if he wants to." She whispers to her Vulpix before turning back around and continuing down the path. Kiba makes a quiet, pleading growl of confusion and tilts his head, questioning what that was all about.
    "He's our friend." Rose explains. Was friend too strong a word? She didn't think so. When people have such similar dreams and goals (and a shared love of fire fox pokemon), they're bound to be friends. Speaking of friends…they never did run into Barc again. Did he pass them when they took their route 103 detour? She doesn't mind, Shura was well worth the time it took to capture, although she's tempted to travel for a bit after dark in order to make up for the lost time. Falling behind the others isn't acceptable.
    "It went that way!"
    "No, it went this way!"
    The shouts of two separate voices brought Rose out of her thoughts. She turns her head towards the noise and sees a youngster scurrying out from a grove of trees. His eyes lock onto her, and he points at her accusingly. "Maybe she saw it!"
    Before Rose can ask what it is she might have seen, another youngster comes bounding towards her. "Have you seen a Ralts around here?" He yells, despite being more than close enough for Rose to hear if he spoke normally.
    "Not just any Ralts, stupid!" The first Youngster swats the second in the back of the head. "A blue one. Have you seen it?"
    "A blue Ralts?" Rose repeats.
    "Yeah, blue, like your hair." The first youngster points again. "We caught it in a snare, but it teleported away from us."
    Rose cringes slightly at the thought. A snare's an awfully cruel way to trap a Pokémon. "No, I haven't seen any blue Ralts'."
    "Oh, okay." The second youngster nods. "Well, if you see it, tell us. It's ours."
    "How can it belong to both of ours?" The first younger asked. "It'll be mine, 'cause the snare was my idea."
    "So?!" The second yelled. "It was my idea to go check it! I saw it first!" The two exchange glares for a few seconds before the first youngster snaps his head back to Rose. He takes note of the Pokémon in her arms and deduces that she must be a trainer, thus she'll know who has the rights to the Ralts.
    "Hey, Lady!" Again with the yelling when speaking would suffice… "I should get the Ralts, right?"
    "No!" The second youngster shoves his friend. "Tell him it's mine!"
    Rose glares. She's had enough of this, clearly neither of the two are fit to be handling Pokémon yet. "I don't think either one of you deserve to have it, not the way you're acting." If she wasn't holding Tanna she would put her hands on her hips, or wag her finger at them. Instead, she holds the fox a little closer to her chest. "And I think you should be ashamed for acting like this."
    Both boys seem highly offended, and abandon their argument in order to gang up on the blue haired trainer. "You would say that." The first accuses. "Girls don't know anything about training Pokémon right."
    "Yeah!" The second joins in. "I bet all you care about is making your Pokémon pretty! You don't know how to make them strong!"
    Kiba growls at the two youngster's, his fur prickling upward as tiny sparks begin to zap from his mouth.
    "It's okay, Kiba." Rose cuts her gaze from the boys and smiles down at her little hyena. "Let's just keep going, okay?"
    Kiba looks up to his trainer for a few seconds. While displeased, the electricity fades from his teeth and he nods.
    "See?! You're afraid to fight!" The second youngster accuses.
    "Fight with what? Neither of you have Pokémon." If they had them, they would have called on them by now.
    Both boys fall silent for several seconds. She's right, neither of their parents would let them have Pokémon yet, hence setting traps in hopes of grabbing one. "The Ralts is mine." The first finally mutters.
    "It is not!" The second snaps, giving the first another shove. Rose is quickly forgotten as the two begin to bicker between each other once again.
    Rose takes this time to continue forward, cutting a wide path around the yelling youngsters and continuing down the path. "It's okay." She repeats once they're far enough away from the two, and she can hear herself think again. "You all trust me as your trainer, that's what matters." The opinions of two high-strung youngsters hold no weight. They'll learn, in time.
    A glimmer of light appears in their path, growing in size before taking the shape of a Ralts—not just any Ralts, the blue Ralts! Rose stops again, this time wide eyed. It really is blue, and it gave off a beautiful glimmer when it appeared. It's really beautiful…
    "Ralt Ralts." The little fairy cheers, then giggles, one little hand pressed to her lips as she does so, the other pointing to the path Rose had come from. It seems to be laughing at the boys.
    "You saw that, huh?" Rose asks. Ralts must have been hiding away, keeping an eye on those boys since it escaped their net.
    "Ral-Ralts." The little fairy nods. She looks at Rose in an approving manner. While she couldn't communicate it to the trainer, she had been watching her since Poochyena led her and the Pokemaniac to the hidden Bulbasaur. She gave off pleasant emotions, and this intrigued the Ralts enough to follow her. After the way Rose dealt with her pursuers, Ralts decided to reveal herself. "Ralt." Again she uses her hands, using one to point to the fox in Rose's arms, and the other to herself. "Ralts." She makes a beckoning 'come here' motion with her outstretched hand.
    "You want something from Tanna?" Rose asks, uncertain.
    "Ralts!" The fairy nods, continuing her little hand motion. There's a playfulness in her smirk that helps Rose to understand.
    "You want to battle Tanna."
    "Ral-Ralts!" The shiny Pokémon cheers.
    "You wanna battle, Tanna?" Rose asks the Pokémon in her arms.
    "Vul PIX!" Tanna says strongly, then leaps out of Rose's arms.
    Rose's heart begins beating frantically, so much so that she can feel it in her chest. This is a shiny Pokémon. People search for years and never find a Pokémon this rare. If she messes up the chance to catch this Ralts, she'll never have another chance…so she can't mess this up. Play it careful. "Tanna, use energy ball!"
    The green energy collects in Vulpix's mouth, forming a large sphere before shooting towards the fairy type.
    While her beam was charging, Ralts began creating three purple balls of energy. As the green sphere shot towards her, she released the three: One shoots directly at the energy ball, the energies colliding against one another and blowing apart before hitting their targets, while the other two hurtle towards Tanna from separate directions.
    "Tanna, jump up!"
    The little fox does as she's told; leaping into the air, causing the two psyshock-orbs to smash into one another. It worked! "Now use-!" It was too late; while Tanna was busy dodging Ralt's psyshock, the fairy had called forth her magical leaf attack. The multi-colored leaves shoot for Tanna in mid-air, pelting the target and pushing her backwards.
    After the impact Tanna lands gracefully on the ground. Magical Leaf might have made a direct hit, but it was still a grass type move, Tanna was hardly fazed.
    "You're a tricky one." Rose compliments, which makes the Ralts smile. Alright then; time to step things up a notch. "Tanna, show Ralts your will-o-wisp!"
    The blue flames collect in a circle around the Ralts, which looks in every direction for an escape. The only way to evade is to jump, but that thought comes to the fairy too late, the blue flames engulf her, leaving the searing burn behind. Ralts cringes at the pain, but smirks as its ability kicks in: A red heat forms around Vulpix—then vanishes, leaving Ralts terribly confused.
    "Synchronize." Rose grins. "But fire types are immune to burn! Now Tanna, hex!"
    Tanna's eyes begin to glow their eerie red as the energy collects over her head, while Ralts prepares its psyshock again. The large energy once more collides with the three smaller energy orbs—but this time the ghostly energy powers right past them. Gaining such power from the target having a burn, Hex is quite the unstoppable force, and unlike when the Vulpix used it on Poochyena, this attack hits for super effective damage. The energy smashes into the Ralts, sending its body forced backward. The little fairy manages to keep standing, though its back is slouched, and it once more cringes from the burn that continues to chip away at its healthy.
    Ralts is down for the count, but it continues on. Another attack should do it…but another Hex could really hurt the shiny Pokémon. Something light should be just enough… "Extrasensory!"
    The golden energy collects in Tanna's mouth. With a powerful cry she shoots the multicolored ray straight for Ralts. Exhausted from the heavy hit of the Hex, and pained from the continuing burn, Ralts doesn't have the energy left to dodge the beam. It hits, and the little fairy is forced to the ground.
    "This should do it…" Rose whispers, more to encourage herself than anything. She takes another Friend Ball from her bag and throws it towards the Shiny creature. She can feel her body shaking with anticipation as the ball shakes…

OOC
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 103

houndour.gif

The ease of Ellis's reply—I don't see why not—was equal parts startling and reassuring. Why not, after all? New Pokemon trainers all had to start somewhere, and sure, maybe it was more common to try to catch a Rattata right off that bat than a Chatot, but the bold little bird didn't seem like it was planning on flying away before she could get a chance at it. It actually whistled at them, bouncing along the branch a little and tilting its head with the musical note crest.

Without taking her eyes off of it, Linnet nodded, remembering the five brand new (expensive) Pokeballs she had purchased not fifteen minutes before. "Yeah—" she was still talking in a lower voice, "I have some, but I think—Frightful, what do you think? Wanna give it a shot?"

The Houndour woofed affirmatively, perking up as Linnet mused over her options.

Yeah, maybe getting it out of the tree was best—she could hardly ask Frightful to throw a Fire Spin at the Chatot for risk of the entire tree and surrounding foliage going up in flames—but on the other hand, Frightful had other ranged attacks, too. (After all, Linnet hated the idea of Frightful getting so close to a Pokemon trying to hurt her—teaching the Houndour distanced attacks seemed only reasonable at the time.)

"All right, Frightful—let's get it out of there, huh, girl?" Linnet slid her hand into her bag, squeezed her fingers around the smooth curve of a Pokeball. "Start off with some Smog, try to force it towards open air!"

The Houndour sprang into action, circling closer to the Chatot in the tree. The two Pokemon regarded each other carefully; the Chatot seemed to feel safe perched there—comfortable enough to call out with a singsong fluting sound at Frightful, metronome tail wagging back and forth. It was at the moment that Chatot paused its teasing and opened its wings to flutter down the branch again that Frightful lunged upwards suddenly, mouth opening to send a rush of dense, hot smog at the Chatot.

The poisonous smoke launched the bird Pokemon into flight, as Linnet had hoped. It left the cover of the tree, spinning as soon as it was safely out of range of the smog to release a shrill Chatter attack. Though Frightful cringed away from the sound, shaking her head in aggravation, she still bared her teeth defiantly at the bird.

"Frightful, knock it down with a Fire Spin!"

The Houndour opened her mouth again, and from the back of her throat summoned the whirling flames. Just as Chatot began another Chatter attack, Frightful launched the Fire Spin at a sharp angle. The Chatot cut off its attack to dodge, did not quite manage it—the swirl of flames caught its wingtip and its flight path swung dizzily downward. This time the screech it loosened was not an attack—it was a startled sound of pain.

Linnet's palms were sweaty around the Pokeball as she pulled it out, nervously edging forward and bouncing on the balls of her feet. "One more attack," she murmured, half to Ellis and half to herself, watching as the Chatot struggled to regain altitude. Despite the Chatot's smoldering wingtips and the hindrance to its flight, the damage had been superficial so far. "Frightful, use Thunder Fang before it can get away!"

The Chatot seemed to understand what was coming; it uttered a sharp Chatter attack as Frightful lunged for it, electricity crackling around the sharp bared fangs. Even as Frightful faltered, though, it was too late; the Houndour had already leapt up towards the Chatot and the pair collided and tumbled towards the ground, Frightful snapping at its wings and the Chatot lashing out with its taloned feet.

"Frightful!" Panicky, now. Linnet hated this kind of close proximity fighting. "Thunder Fang, now, and get out of there!"

This time the Houndour's teeth, buzzing with electric charge, found their mark. As Frightful sprang away, panting, thin scratches on her muzzle from the Chatot's talons, the bird Pokemon's small body shuddered, struggling to cope with the waves of electricity running through its system.

The Pokeball left Linnet's fingers in a wobbly arc, bounced to the ground just beside the Chatot, and enveloped it in red light. As the girl watched intently, fervently, wide-eyed, the Pokeball shivered, wobbled violently on the ground…

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    It shook once.
    It shook twice.
    It shook three times.
    It stopped shaking.

"...Finally. " Seraph said, breathing a sigh of relief. Seraph walked up, bent down, and slowly picked up the pokeball. Seraph was so exausted with the battle that he didn't have the energy to be exicited about the catch. Seraph motioned for Celest to follow, and slowly walked back toward Oldale Town in a gloomy mood.

When Seraph was at the edge of Oldale, he was in a better mood, and thinking about the Shellos he caught. Would he be able to be friends with this pokemon? Will it want to be friends with me? Can I teach it something? Will Celest and him get along?
    "Celest, return." Seraph said, bringing out his pokeball and sucking the Aipom back into the pokeball. Back in Oldale Town, he located the Pokemon Center and started traversing the quiet little town toward it. He went inside, and walked to the front desk where Nurse Joy was.
    "Back so soon? Do your pokemon need healing?" Joy asked politely.
    "Yes please. I caught a pokemon and both of them suffered injuries." Seraph replied, giving the pokeballs to Nurse Joy.
    "Alright, it will be a couple of minutes. Please be patient while we heal your pokemon. Seraph fell back into the lobby after that comment and collapsed onto a chair. It gave him time to ponder over his life. How was his family doing? Was Archer still out there somewhere? However, these questions remained questions as Nurse Joy came back.
    "Thanks for your patience. Both your pokemon are fully healed. We hope to see you again!" Joy said.
    Seraph looked at his pokeballs walking out of the Center. The pokeballs themselves looked no different from each other, yrt there was a different pokemon in each. Seraph thought about this in awe. Finally though, Seraph got over it and started to head towards Route 102.
    Route 102, Celest thought, was almost exactly like Route 101. Itwas ver peaceful, with tall trees here and there, with wild pokemon running around. A Poochyena and a Zigzagoon were fighting it out. The Poochyena bared its fangs, but the Zigzagoon was not fazed by it and hit a head-on tackle on it. In the distance he saw a trainer and her Vulpix fighting a blue Ralts? Wierd. However, that was the most interesting thing to watch in the first half of Route 102. Seraph was starting to get really lonely, and was starting to look for anyone of interest to talk to just for the sake of it. Finally, near the middle of Route 102, he spotted 2 trainers: The girl trainer was with a Houndour; the male trainer seemed as if he was traveling with the girl. To make things more exciting for Seraph, he thought he recognized them from the lab. They wouldn't recognize him, of course. But they could get over awkwardness. Seraph called out Celest.
    "Let's go say hi to some people!" Seraph said to the Aipom, and together they started walking towards the two trainers.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

Though Ellis had his eyes on the battle between Frightful and the wild Chatot, his mind was otherwise engaged-- mostly on how affectionate Linnet was with her houndour. He hadn't had time to see much, but it struck him that she regularly referred to the houndour as 'girl', which felt very… well, cozy. He certainly would never have called Silas 'boy' or anything like that. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that bagons were hardly pokemon bred for anything but battle-- at least when compared with dog pokemon like houndours and Barc's growlithe from the morning. Perhaps Zachry had a close relationship with his Fennekin as well? Or maybe it was just a longevity thing. He wondered how long everyone else had had their starting pokemon, and whether it was any longer than the time he and Silas had been together.

But all musing thoughts were chased away by the sound of rustling grass, the sleepy teen stiffening at the idea of the chatot having unhappy friends in the area. But when he turned, it was no colorful chattering bird that had set its attention on him—in fact, nothing had set its attention on him at all. A zigzagoon had poked its head through the grass, glassy eyes fixed on the battle between houndour and chatot not but a few paces away. With its attention fixed on the clashing of dog and bird, Ellis took the opportunity to pull out his pokedex, pointing it at the prickly pokemon.

A Pokémon with abundant curiosity. It shows an interest in everything, so it always zigzags.

Raising his brow, Ellis couldn't help but let out a puff of amusement. So it was curious enough to watch a battle between a trainer and a pokemon on the verge of being caught? Not very bright if it didn't want to get caught too. He wondered whether he should try to catch it, watching it zig zag around trying to get a better view of the battle. It wasn't long before it noticed Ellis standing to the side, with his mysterious blinking pokedex in hand, and it froze like a child caught with its hand in the cookie jar. Their staredown lasted only a moment or two, with dark brown orb-like eyes flickering between the human's face and the sparkly light in his hands before the zigzagoon lunged with both paws out trying to steal the blinky from Ellis' hands.

Scrambling back with a yelped 'Woah!', Ellis called out his bagon after narrowing dodging sharp claws and prickly spines—retreating a few paces back as Silas popped out and scowled at the zigzagoon. Playtime seemed over when the zigzagoon noticed the baby blue dragon, growling equally aggressively in return with its actual ability as Silas took a step back. "Sorry! It's all good-!" He announced, hoping he hadn't distracted Linnet with his outburst of surprise— moving away, he put a little space between his battle and hers. In the meantime, Silas had shaken off the momentary disconcertion with a few stamps of his tiny feet and a snort, readying himself for an attack as soon as Ellis redirected his attention. "Ember, Silas!"

Opening his jaw to let out a burst of small flames, the majority of the attack hit head on. The last of it was negated by a fast sand attack from the wild pokemon in retaliation. "It's smarter than I thought," Ellis commented in surprise as his focus was momentarily set aside to commend the zigzagoon's choice in move (though perhaps less it's choice on what it bestowed it's curiosity upon) as Silas looked over his shoulder and shrugged at his trainer. "Well, it can't beat your Dragon Claw either way, right?"

"Bagon!" Silas huffed in agreement, moving his arm back as it began to glow brightly. Yet the zigzagoon did not wait to be attacked, launching itself quickly into the next move. "Oi- brace yourself Silas, it's coming in—" Ellis warned as the zigzagoon dashed left and right before landing a clean tackle—but Silas had lowered his head after Ellis' warning, letting the zigzagoon hit the gray shell encasing his forehead. The rock solid helm absorbed the force and Silas merely slid back on his feet rather than being knocked away, and recovering before the zigzagoon could jump back, Silas' eyes flashed as he smashed the dragon claw down on the top of the zigzagoon's head. The zigzagoon was smashed down to the ground with a slashing movement, letting out a strangled 'zig!' of pain and discomfort.

Pokeballs out, Ellis tossed one into the air and watched with bated breath as the zigzagoon was beamed inside before it could get back on its feet from the slash-smash combo. Silas hunched over, eyes narrowing as the pokeball wriggling back and forth as though the zigzagoon might burst forth again at any second.​

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles

OOC | IC

Chapter 3: Petalburg City

-Where people mingle with nature.-
    Petalburg_City_RS.png

Petalburg City is located on the Southwester part of the region. It is bounded by the Dewford Sea and Petalburg Woods to the west and Route 102 to the east. It is a fairly large town where the number of residents is more than Oldale and Littleroot combined. The first gym from Littleroot Town could be found here. It is usually ran by Norman, the Delta Hero's father, who uses Normal-type moves. However, because of Brendan's notoriety and prowess in battle, he was offered to take up his father's mantle as the gym leader which the kid accepted.

There is the standard Pokemon Center and Pokemon Mart in town, both near the Route 102 entrance. A huge artificial pond is beside the Pokemon Gym.

Available Missions:
    Spoiler:

GYM LEADER: Brendan
    herp-461.png

Brendan was the Pokemon Champion and the Delta Hero as he saved the world from a huge asteroid that was about to hit a few months back. It was said that he rode on the back of a Rayquaza and defeated a Deoxys in order to do so. However, behind the legend of the hero, Brendan is a cheerful guy with eight badges under his belt. He is welcoming to new trainers and even helpful during battles.

He prefers to fight on three-vs-three single battles. Each round consists of one trainer sending out one Pokemon. The first one who faints loses the round while the winner gets a point. The first trainer to get two points wins the battle.

Brendan's Roster
    Spoiler:

Upon winning, you get the Balance Badge.

Balance_Badge.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 103

houndour.gif
    chatot.gif

For a moment the Pokeball's erratic wobbling seemed to reach a feverish vibration, and Linnet held her breath, staring at the ball as if by the sheer force of her gaze she could force it shut. When the Pokeball suddenly clicked after one last wobble and settled into stillness on the grass, Linnet uttered a whoop of joy, startling Frightful, who had been staring with equal intensity at the Pokeball, and ran forward to claim it. As she half-kneeled and half-slid to the ground beside the Pokeball, she flung her arms around Frightful's neck, first, laughing, "You did it, you did it, Frightful, you did so well!"

The Houndour made a pleased growling sound, licking the girl's cheek, tail wagging at the attention. Linnet planted a firm kiss against the Pokemon's nose, combing her fingers fondly through the short dark fur at the nape of the dog Pokemon's neck, before she finally picked up the Pokeball. It still felt a little warm, but fit comfortably, still and quiet, in the palm of her hand.

"We should get you back to a Pokemon Center," she told Frightful, thoughtfully turning the Pokeball over in her hand. "And this little one, too. Oh, he'll need a name, too, what do you think?"

Frightful panted at her, and Linnet flashed a quick smile at the Houndour as she stood again, turning just in time to see Ellis toss a Pokeball at a Zigzagoon struggling to its feet. Startled—she'd been so focused on her battle with Chatot that she hadn't even registered the sounds of Ellis's Pokemon (was that a Bagon?) and the Zigzagoon embroiled in their own battle. Wide-eyed, she stared at Ellis's wobbling Pokeball, even covering her mouth with one hand as if letting slip a noise might interfere with the capture.

It wasn't until the telltale stillness and click that she allowed herself to rush over to Ellis and his Bagon, exclaiming, "Congratulations! Is this your Bagon? He looks amazing, I wish I could've paid more attention to him battling!"

At her heels, Frightful peered curiously at the Bagon, offering a questioning, "Dour?"

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

Ellis let out a sigh when the pokeball stopped wobbling. Now that was what he called luck. Silas jumped about, incredibly pleased with himself as he waddled back to his trainer chattering, "Bag, Bagon!" Silas wasn't the only one who was excited though, as Ellis hardly had time to register that he'd caught the zigzagoon before Linnet had hurried over with congratulations and questions. He smiled at both Silas, who had frozen mid-shimmy and was staring up at Linnet with a look of utter incomprehension, and Linnet whose enthusiasm was a little infection. "Yeah, his name's Silas. Silas, this is Linnet—and Frightful."

Silas tilted his oversized head, looking as though he might topple over from the weight of it as he continued to process exactly how they had gotten to this point. It was only Frightful's questioning tone that brought Silas back to earth, and the bagon straightened, stubby arms sticking out behind him as he bowed politely. "Gon, bagon." He replied, putting on airs and trying to appear cooler than he actually was.

Ignoring the exchange between their pokemon for a moment, Ellis thanked Linnet for her kind effusions, talking as he went to retrieve the pokeball with the zigzagoon. "And congratulations to you too Linnet—I saw you caught your chatot. I only saw a bit of the battle but that smog Frightful sent up the tree was really cool. Nice aim." He added, glancing over to address the priase directly at the pokemon in question. Straightening, he mused aloud, "... Are you going to give your chatot a name?" The inquiry came as he regarded his own newly occupied pokeball, pondering the question himself as well.​

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Once. Twice. Thrice…. Click. Ralts had been successfully captured. Luna walked over to the Poke Ball and picked it up. Her face turned to one of deep concern as she observed it. "Sorry about that… I need to get you to a Pokemon Center." Luna said to the ball. Luna looked around quickly, and saw Oldale Town a little bit down the road. She recalled Dratini into his Poke Ball and ran for the town, reaching the Pokemon Center in a couple minutes. She hurried in and gave Nurse Joy both Dratini and Ralts.

A few minutes later, Nurse Joy gave back Dratini and Ralts to Luna. Luna thanked Nurse Joy, and headed for Route 102. As she walked, Luna looked at her Pokedex, reading the information of her newly caught Pokemon. "Let's see…" she began muttering to herself, "Ability: Synchronize, Gender: Female, Moveset: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, and Disarming Voice…" she began trailing off. Luna then stopped and put her Pokedex away. She took out Ralts' Poke Ball and opened it, causing the small Pokemon to appear. "Hello!" Luna said to Ralts. "I guess I'm your new friend, huh? Are you happy with that?" Ralts nodded while smiling. Luna smiled back, "I'm glad you are!" Luna then brought out Dratini's Poke Ball and opened it, causing the snake-like dragon Pokemon to appear. "Ralts, this is Dratini. The one who…. Uh… well, you know." Ralts understood what Luna meant. However, Ralts was not scared and went up to Dratini, and booped his nose. Luna could only laugh as it seemed that Dratini and Ralts would get along. "Ok!" Luna said with a clap. "We have to continue onward!" Dratini and Ralts nodded in agreement. Dratini took his place around Luna's neck, and the female trainer picked up Ralts, deciding to carry the small Pokemon in her arms. Then, Luna walked, eager to get to Petalburg City.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 103

houndour.gif
    chatot.gif

The Bagon was pretty cute, looking up at her like it couldn't imagine why she was admiring him. Linnet stifled a giggle behind her hand, darting a glance up at Ellis again as he introduced the little dragon Pokemon. "Nice to meet you, Silas."

She'd always honestly expected dragon-type Pokemon to be...well, a little scarier, she supposed, or at least a little full of themselves or shy or something. Where she'd grown up, there'd been wild Goomy and an occasional Sliggoo that wandered past the edges of town, but they'd always shied away from domestic Pokemon and townspeople. Linnet smiled at the little Bagon's posturing, and nudged Frightful encouragingly, "Go on, say hi."

As the Houndour tentatively inched towards Silas, craning her neck forward to sniff, Linnet flashed a pleased grin at Ellis's congratulations and compliment to Frightful. The Pokemon was too preoccupied with Silas to notice, shifting her weight to paw curiously at the the white ridges on the Bagon's head, so Linnet resolved to buy her a treat later to reward her properly.

She nodded at Ellis's question, thoughtfully tapping the pads of her fingers against the cool surface of the Pokeball. "Mm yeah, I will, but I think I want to meet him first? So probably after stopping at the Pokemon Center. I think I'd like to get Frightful patched up too, even if she wasn't really hurt badly." Just a few scratches, and the Houndour didn't even seem to register them anymore, but it'd make Linnet feel better. "Did you wanna keep going a bit? I'll come with, maybe we'll see some more Pokemon."

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Silently grateful of the gesture but nonetheless thankful he didn't feel obliged to go at the moment, Zachry realized it might be time for Charlotte to tussle with the wild Pokemon a bit more. After all, he didn't come on this journey without knowing the basics of battling around the Hoenn region: the Hoenn League. And first up on that League: Brendan, the fabled hero of the Hoenn region. Besides the things he's heard even through the wall of solitude Zachry put up for himself (not to mention the extreme weather than nearly put Sootopolis underwater and the apparent connection between Brendan and those events), Zachry doesn't know too much else about the gym leader.

Alas, Zachry continued along with his trusty Fennekin, walking alongside with an expression of determination. With the two of them feeling the need to get stronger, not only as partners but as a battling duo, they walked with more urgency towards a patch of grass southwest from the initial entrance of the route. If they were going to fight against the legendary Brendan, they'd have to step up their game. However, from out of nowhere, another attack of self-doubt and low self-esteem took hold to have awkwardly ended what was sure to be one of the many stages of the emotional rollercoaster that Zachry had been shafted with. More hesitantly, Zachry milled around the grass patch, convincing himself that he wasn't going to succeed in fighting this Pokemon, even if he already had a precedent of defeating the wild Pokemon. After all, what was a wimpy guy like Zachry going to accomplish?

Just as these thoughts were coursing through his head, a wild Azurill appeared. The pitifully tiny Pokemon appeared scared, for it appeared that Zachry's large height was imposing on the 8" Pokemon. Now extremely reluctant to fight such a small creature, the Azurill got the first move with a Water Gun attack. While far from a decisive move, it did give the Azurill a decent lead with the started battle.

"Uh, alright then. Don't wanna do this little guy, buuut-"Zachry motioned to Charlotte, "Charlotte. Use a Flamethrower attack!"

As he said "Flamethrower", he realized that it might be a bit overkill, hence the hesitant stutter on the command. Charlotte, however, carried on the attack anyway, but to the surprise of both of them, it appeared to have not roasted alive as Zachry had hoped did not happen but instead seemed to have taken a moderate amount of damage.

"Uh, alright, here it goes.."

Zachry arced a Poke Ball in the direction of the Azurill and the Poke Ball enveloped it. Now the ball was on the ground, shaking, awaiting the confirmation of a successful capture.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

"Bag!" Silas bobbed his head forward again in acknowledgement of his name when Linnet mentioned it—but after only glancing up at her once more, fixed his attention promptly on her pokemon, who was now inching toward him. He held stock still, as though unsure of what to do when being sniffed—and stiffening as a paw was reached up to pat at his head, eyes darting upwards at Ellis as though looking for guidance in what to do when an unfamiliar pokemon was poking at your head. He received no such guidance however, as Ellis was busy talking to Linnet, and so left to his own devices, Silas dodged the curious paw, waddling quickly to the other side of Ellis' leg and sticking out half of its face from behind the pant leg to peer warily at Frightful.

"Oh, true. Is that how you named your houndour Frightful?" Ellis inquired, though he had to admit that Frightful wasn't exactly all that frightening. "Oh uhhh, I think I'll keep going—Silas does more damage to himself than wild pokemon can do to him, so I don't think he'll need a visit to the center anytime soon." Letting out a sheepish laugh, Ellis finally glanced down at Silas with an exasperated sigh as he clipped the new zigzagoon onto his sling bag's strap. "… He has a penchant for jumping off of anything he can manage to climb onto whenever I take my eyes off of him."

Gesturing down the route since Linnet had offered to come along, he waded through the grass as Silas hurriedly waddled around to keep up with his trainer, shooting glances over his shoulder at Frightful every now and then and glancing curiously up at Linnet with each turn. After a few moments of quiet, he wondered aloud, "Has everyone already gone off to Petalburg City by now…?" He mused, looking around and not spotting any familiar, or fresh-looking faces, "I didn't think the first two towns would go by so fast—it hasn't even been a day yet…." Turning to Linnet he asked lightly, "Have you been here before? I don't think I ever asked where you were from—"​

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Maurice Watson - Oldale Town
    buneary.gif
    bunnelby.gif

Briefcase:
    Spoiler:

Maurice stood there in shock. Water had come out of nowhere and hit him right in the face. He came to and wiped his face and looked around, searching for the perpetrator. His eyes settled on a little pond to his left and what looked like a face poking from the surface.

"Tympole!" The strange creature squeaked out before sending another shot of water at Maurice. This time though the older man deftly stepped out of the way and prepared himself for a battle.

"Alright, you ill-mannered Tympole its time to teach you a thing or two!" Maurice lectured at the Tympole, gesturing for Cocoa to jump into the battle.

"Use Pound!" Maurice commanded as the Buneary sprang into action or at least that is what would've happened had Cocoa actually been the one who jumped out to meet Tympole. Instead it was Junior, who inadvertently received Tympole's second attack. Clearly angry and wet, he pushed Cocoa to the side and locked eyes on the Tympole. Maurice looked down in surprise at the Bunnelby.

"This would be a good opportunity to become closer to Junior..." Maurice thought to himself.

"Alright Junior, use Mud Shot and aim for its face!"

The Bunnelby quickly formed a ball of mud and just as quickly flings it at the Tympole connecting square with its face, unable to see now.

"Now use Double----!" Maurice was cut short though as Junior had stopped listening and was already attacking the little Water Pokemon with a series of attacks. First it used Doubleslap to get it out of the water, quickly followed by a Dig to send it flying into the air.

"Junior! Knock it off!" Maurice yelled after the Bunnelby but to no avail. It seemed that Junior was blinded by anger at being soaked by the Tympole's earlier attack. The Bunnelby continued its assault, and ignoring of Maurice's commands, of the Tympole with a series of Double Kicks and DoubleSlaps, finally sending it flying into the ground with a thud. The poor thing could barely move and Maurice empathized with it and worried for its safety. Maurice could see in its eyes the fear and apology for its earlier pranks.

Realizing there was only one way to stop this, Maurice grabbed a Pokeball and called for Junior's return just as it was readying a final Doubleslap. He looked at Junior's Pokeball, sighed and shook his head. Junior would come around soon enough. Turning his attention back to the Tympole, he saw that it could barely move, with only slight twitches coming from it as it was badly wounded from the encounter with Junior. Feeling horribly responsible for this, Maurice walked over and knelt down by the poor Pokemon.

"Tym...Tym...Pole" It struggled to get out. Maurice felt a deep sadness as he listened to this. Grabbing a Pokeball from his briefcase, he looked and nodded towards the Tympole in signaling that he knew Tympole was just trying to have fun and that he was forgiven and would be taken care of now. Lightly tapping the Pokemon, it was absorbed in a red light into the ball, wiggling in Maurice's hands as he waited intensely, every second meaning more time lost to help Tympole.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    ...Wait. It was as if the trainers weren't there anymore. It was as if he saw an illusion. Puzzled, Seraph turned around, and got back onto the main path. Later along the Route, he saw some youngsters around. However, Seraph managed to avoid them. He didn't want to battle anybody after seeing illusions. He just needed to get to the next town and sit down and take a rest.
    Approaching the second half of the route, he decided to let his newly caught Shellos out of his pokeball. When the sea slug pokemon appeared, he wildly looked around, trying to figure out his surroundings. When the pokemon finally looked at Seraph, the recognition sunk in. He was part of Seraph's team now.
    "Hey, Shellos. I think we can be friends. We can learn from each other and grow stronger together. What do you say, Shellos?" Seraph asked. The Shellos seemed to be pondering the question. A couple of moments later, the Shellos nodded his head.
    "Awesome. I think you need a nickname. I was thinking that Sticky could work since it is the opposite of what you feel like I presume, which is slimy and that you really wanted to stick out of that pokeball. Does that work for you?" Seraph asked. Sticky nodded in agreement.
    "Well, that's settled then. Come on, let's walk together towards the next town!" Seraph exclaimed.

When the next town came into view, he put Sticky back in his pokeball and entered the city.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 103

houndour.gif
    chatot.gif

It didn't seem as if Silas appreciated Frightful's advances, Linnet noted with a quickly stifled smile. The Houndour tilted her head in confusion at the Bagon's retreat, but made no effort to give chase, clearly loathe to venture too far from her trainer in pursuit of the other Pokemon. Still, she peered curiously after Silas, whuffling a confused sound in her throat, ears pricked. At the sound of her name, though, her attention snapped up to Ellis and Linnet, the Pokemon nudging her nose into Linnet's palm for attention.

This was frequent enough a plea for petting that Linnet barely glanced down, but rubbed her fingers soothingly into the fur behind Frightful's ears, giggling a little at Ellis's question. "Well, Frightful was a puppy when I got her. She's not really scary now, is she? But back then you could've sneezed and knocked her over, I think she might've been the runt of her litter. The name's for her to grow into, I guess."

Besides, Houndours might not be very scary—they just looked like big puppies, and they sort of were—but Houndooms were, weren't they? Sleeker and leaner and bigger.

"C'mon, girl," she added as an aside to Frightful, as they made to start heading deeper into Route 103, and ruffled her ears one last time before twisting to clip the Pokeball of the newly acquired Chatot onto her pack and following after Ellis and Silas, Frightful at her heels. A shrug at his question; Linnet was busy scanning the Route, and with Ellis, she was no longer particularly worried about being the last trainer, at least. "Maybe? I guess there's a lot of excitement in the first day to get as far as possible—oh! I hadn't realized we didn't say yet. I'm from Laverre City, in the Kalos Region. My parents are Pokemon breeders there, that's where I got Frightful from. You?"

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

"Ahh—that makes sense." Ellis nodded, though he wasn't referring to Frightful's name, but rather the concept of letting a pokemon grow into their name in general. "I guess Silas won't make for a very intimidating name for a Salamence." He laughed, and Silas looked up, noticing the mention of his name but unable to understand the content of the conversation as he looked between Linnet and his trainer. "It's eviable that you've known Frightful for so long though—I only got Silas a few months ago."

"Laverre though… I've never been." A thoughtful look crossed Ellis' face as he realized he knew very little about Kalos at all. "Oh- I'm from Sootopolis—on the eastern side of Hoenn." He answered, wondering if she would be equally clueless about what it was like, "I got Silas from—? Silas??" Looking around, it seemed that in the midst of their conversation, the little blue dragon had somehow escaped from the notice of his trainer. Worry was not exactly at the forefront of Ellis' mind, but it would be awful if he had to spend an hour looking for a knocked out Silas whilst dragging around poor Linnet!

"Silas!" Ellis called out with an exasperated sigh, shoulders slumping as his brows knit together. "Sorry—he does this all the time—" Eyes turned upwards, Ellis was already scanning any high place for a flash of blue, as Silas would surely come flying out any second. Indeed, the little dragon pokemon had seen his opportunity in a particularly knotted tree with many low hanging branches, throwing Frightful a glance before hopping on and scrambling up with surprisingly good balance for a creature with such a top-heavy stature. Silas was a master at climbing to any high spot, and he would, as he was irrevocably convinced, soon be a master of flying off from them.

But that day was not today, and Ellis groaned as Silas leapt out of a tree branch with a determined "Bag!", too far to be caught and too close not to see his gloriously failed attempt at flight. His landing was made soft, however, by the fact that he'd landed not on the ground as he usually did—but on another pokemon, who upon impact let out an indignant, surprised, and somewhat squashed sounding, "Skidd!?"

Angry was an understatement, as anyone or thing would be quite justified to be royally annoyed when a blue foreign pokemon drops out of the sky right onto your napping back—and the Skiddo, leaping to its feet, was not at all pleased. Running to catch up to Silas who was now patting the dust off his rump, Ellis glanced over his shoulder at Linnet—"Do mind if I--?" Gesturing vaguely at the brewing battle, he figured this was as golden an opportunity as ever to catch another pokemon—because if Silas wasn't going to attack, the Skiddo was most certainly already leaping into action to give the bagon a piece of it's mind.

Ellis pulled out his pokedex, pointing it at the leafy goat pokemon as it wrapped a vine whip around Silas, a computerized voice reading aloud:

Thought to be one of the first Pokémon to live in harmony with humans, it has a placid disposition.

"… I guess this one is the exception—" Ellis commented wryly to Linnet before hastily calling out, "Ember!"

Silas let his jaw drop, shooting out little balls of hot flame as the grass pokemon leapt back to avoid being burnt—galloping quickly around each flame with ease and dropping Silas as it's vines unraveled. This time, Silas hit the ground as he should have the first time he took flight—but he was less affected because flying around suspended in the air by the vine whip had been an eye-opening experience for him. He leapt back to his feet without any prompting from Ellis, sparkles in his eyes as he seemed to have a flame ignited within himself to aid Ellis in catching this Skiddo at any cost—for being waved about in the air by vines… Was that not flight itself? Sure it was like flying with training wheels, but it was a lot closer to flying than free fall.

"Bagon!" Silas shook off any fatigue from the earlier battle with zigzagoon to the best of his ability, but apparently it had taken quite some time for him to get over being dropped to the ground and overcoming his personal epiphany, for Ellis' harried warnings for him to watch out processed all too late. He was knocked backwards as sharp leaves slashed through the air and hit him full on, tumbling once and then twice before pressing himself flat to the ground.

"Get it together, use Focus Energy!" Ellis repeated himself for what felt like the umpteenth time, as Silas had been too busy seeing stars earlier. Still pinned to the ground, Silas' back raised as he inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and letting out the breath as he pushed out thoughts of flight until after the battle. The Skiddo wasted no time, the leaves of it's mane bristling as it grew in size and puffed up in the sunlight—also gearing up for a strong attack as it used growth on itself, pawing at the ground once, twice…. And then taking off at a hard run, clearly intending to finish it off with a bulldozing take down.

Still on the ground, Silas waited for Ellis' command, and while he trusted his trainer enough to stay put until his word, the bagon's eyes were trained closely upon the Skiddo's incoming attack path. "Silas, headbutt--…. Now!" The blue dragon pushed itself from it's position on the ground and knocked his head up into the air, using the Skiddo's takedown momentum to make the impact on his rock solid head even harder than it would be otherwise. The punishing blow sent the Skiddo stumbling back, braying its name as it tried to regain its composure.

"Nice hit Silas!" Ellis made a fist of satisfaction, smiling in his sleepy way but smug at the successful attack before shouting—"Ember again!" With the goat's senses in disarray, Silas took the opportunity to singe the now large grown leaves on the Skiddo's neck, an easy target as he randomly shot bursts of small flame through the clearing. Angry more than annoyed now, the normally placid pokemon stretched out it's vines again, the speedy feelers whipping towards Silas once again. But this time Silas was prepared, and jumping out of the way of one vine, he opened his jaws as Ellis called for a bite—and with sharp dragon fangs, chomped down on the extension mercilessly.

Hastily pulling out a pokeball Ellis gave Silas a brief, "Great!" before throwing out the pokeball at the squealing Skiddo, watching the red laser beam the Skiddo inside—and beam it's vines out of Silas' mouth, the latter slumping his shoulders and head heavy from exhaustion and injuries. Between the two of them, it was Silas who was more keen on hearing the relieving 'ding' of a successful catch, and the bagon watched warily as the pokeball shook back and forth…

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    There was a sign when Seraph entered the gate to the city: Petalburg City: Where People Mingle With Nature. While Petalburg was still somewhat untechnologicalized, Seraph defintely noticed that the city was a lot bigger than Littleroot and Oldale Towns. This town could potentially be bigger than both of them combined. Seraph then decided to go for a little walk around the town, see what this place was about. The first thing that Seraph found that loked somewhat interesting was a good sized building. It looked like one of the technological places here in the city. It had sliding doors in the middle for people to enter. There were windows everywhere, letting lots of sunlight in. And finally, the roof was colored a bright red-orange. Seraph noticed someone walk in with a Torchic walking beside him. Based on that, he concluded that this was the Pokemon Gym on the city. He hadn't seen one in a while, but had a basic understanding of what they were. Seraph continued on his way.
    ...But there was nothing else that was remotely interesting, besides the basic PokeCenter you find in most towns. He looked up at the bright red building, and walked in, despite his pokemon not needing healing, as he didn't get into any battles last Route. Seraph was about to sit down, when he noticed something very peculiar. At the back of the Pokemon Center, out the window, sitting near a pond, was a lady with a red hood, a giant M on her shirt, and little mini horns sticking out of the hood. Seraph quickly jumped to conclusions, and without thinking, started storming towards her, wanting to set the record straight on which Team was better. Which is Team Rocket.

Back