• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use N's Pokemon?

Years
  • If you played the games with Memory Link, one of the new features unlocked was the ability to capture special Pokemon owned by N, whose encounter is indicated by a green sparkle effect and the Pokemon all had 30 IVs in every stat. There was also a Zorua that you obtain as a gift regardless if you used Memory Link or not.

That said, did you end up ever using these Pokemon on your team?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I caught some of them, but never did use them, even the gift Zorua. Most of them were Pokemon I never felt like using in my Black 2 playthroughs.

Might've used the Darumaka though if I hadn't caught one already on my 2nd run.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I went into B2W2 as "blind" as possible so I didn't know about N's Pokémon being available. The first Pokémon I ran into in Chargestone Cave was one of them, and the green hexagons, reminiscent of the "shiny sparkle," appeared, which really surprised me. The Pokémon wasn't shiny but I felt I needed to catch it anyways because of that sparkle--and I was super shocked when the game said it already had an OT and couldn't be nicknamed! I had no idea what that could mean, but when I was able to check my box and I saw its OT was N I was super excited. N is my favorite Pokémon character and I thought it was such a great idea to be able to catch his Pokémon.

I didn't use Zoroark in my run of Black, so when I was given N's Zorua in Black 2, I knew I had to use it! And I'm really glad I did, because when you meet with N at some point in the sequels and you have one of his Pokémon in your party, he points it out and thanks them for helping him in the past! Aaah I loved that!!

The fact that each of his Pokémon have 30IVs in each stat is so good, too, really. I was so disappointed that when transferred into gen 6 they don't keep their special sparkle!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I ended up catching quite a few of N's Pokemon, but the only one who I actually used was Zorua... who was actually my 4th ever level 100. Still use him in battles occasionally, albeit he isn't on any of my set competitive teams, more of a free for all kinda guy.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Not really. I never saw the need to hassle myself and get this special Pokemon instead of just using the regular ones I see on the routes. It's a nice addition to the game however, as it gives a shout out to the BW games.

Years
  • Zorua was the only one I ever bothered using, and it stayed on my team through the entire game. I caught Scraggy when I ran into it by chance, but I don't remember catching any of the others since I never bothered trying to track them all down.

Years
  • I never played with Memory Link, so the only one I obtained was the Zorua. I still didn't use him because I already had a team planned in advance, but it was still nice that it gave you access to one without needing an event like it was in B/W.

Back