• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png
    Tahni felt her muscles stiffen when the little fire fox spoke up. He wants to go to the cove? After what happened with his last encounter with water types? Well…after that, he did go off to kick some major Aggron butt. Maybe that little setback with the Poliwhirl taught him how to handle himself better—and if not…maybe she should go with him…make sure he doesn't drown. She's not entirely sure those little legs of his can paddle very well in water.

As if on cue, the Fennekin turns and begins to whisper to her. Well, she does love adventure, and a challenge. Yeah, since when did she back down from challenges? Going into a watery cave will prove she's not one to be underestimated. The little lion gives a small smirk, her tail flickering playfully as she nods to Davalos.

"So, are you going in there with him?"

The voice came from behind her, and she immediately turned to see Elly. The rush of excitement she seemed to get from seeing her fellow cat faded even faster than it appeared. Elly's not going to the cave, that makes sense, those tiny arms and legs wouldn't be much good if the cove flooded.

She shouldn't go with Trey? Why? Because together they could make an explosion that scared away a Scyther so freakishly powerful it almost killed Gallant? Tahni had all the more time to reflect on their trek down here, and after playing that moment over and over again in her head she finally came to a conclusion: They had no choice. That explosion was their only option, and if the other guild members had listened and hunkered down when Tahni warned them to, only Scyther would have gotten hurt. That…doesn't make Elly now hating her any easier to take, but it helps her stand a little straighter.

"If you're not going then I have to go. Someone with cat eyes needs to lead the group through the dark." That actually came out pretty confident, good. She's getting back to her old self after all that happened on that stupid bridge. Her head held a little higher, she turns her attention back to Davalos. "C'mon, before they leave us behind."

Tahni sprints towards the cave with a new found enthusiasm, arriving just in time to hear Gallant ask if there were any fire types around. "Fire types Tahni and Davalos, present." She says with a fairly confident grin. There's an enthusiastic glimmer in her eye as she steps over and uses a tiny dose of ember to light the Kirlia's driftwood.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

It was a new day full of new adventures for Trey as he listened to Snubbull, the guild's secretary and Bronzong's right hand, speak about the dungeon lying ahead of the group.

"Hmmm...well I'm not a huge fan of the dark and if that cave floods I'm done for..." Trey muttered to himself, "So I am definitely taking the exterior route." It'd still be a good chance to learn how to be a leader and there might be some exciting adventure that way too. It was decided as Trey headed towards some rocks that lead up around the cave.

"I'm taking the exterior route everyone. I'll be sure this route is safe for all of you once you return"
    Trey, turning around, said confidently as he gave a little salute to them all. With that, he turned back around and began climbing up the rocks one at a time. Feeling confident as ever after his training with Accelgor and what he hoped was a step in the right direction with Elly, he trekked towards what he hoped was imminent adventure and chances to prove he was the leader he always thought he was.

Last edited:
    Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

Russell tried to be a team player. Really, he did. But the guild's motto of "Smiles for Miles" didn't really mesh with him. Probably because he lacked a mouth, and therefore couldn't smile. Plus, the general lack of enthusiasm made it hard for him to keep up his own energy. But hr pushed on, yelling as loudly and energetically as he could.

So, the time had come for a new mission. Last time had gone well, but Russell hoped to avoid making the same mistakes this time. Namely, going with the larger group. Doing so meant less baddies to punch, and he'd probably have to work with King again. The Tyrunt would make a good rival, or a great sparring partner, but they hadn't gotten off on the right foot.

So instead, he decided to venture off on his own. Or he meant to, when Trey the Trubbish offered the same plan. The kid had spark, and Russell didn't want to leave him hanging. "I'll go with Trey. With me around, safety is practically guaranteed! Don't worry about us."

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• steelix_by_xous54.png

Steelix

Steelix roamed the rocky crag tiredly, he had had quite a long and uneventful day of doing not much of anything. Yet he was still so very tired. What was a poor steel type to do. He was made of tough metal plates and spines... with a nice smooth metal back, he was certainly a fierce fighting force, whom could have anything he wanted in such a populated and aggressive mystery dungeon but... well he had no desire for such things personally. He was happy with his lot in life and he didn't like fighting at all.

Still... some days he couldn't help but finish the day unfulfilled. He wanted more out of life, he wanted something to do with himself. He was a rather old Steelix at this point in his life. He had memories, he had regrets... but he still yearned for once last big adventure.

"Oh well..." He muttered to himself, parking himself on the crags, his massive, hulking form stretching over several tens of meters. "Life isn't always so kind to us..."

Staring up at the late morning sun for a moment more, he closed his eyes softly for his scheduled nap. He was liable to sleep for a day or two if he really got into it. He wondered how long it would be until he woke up this time.

Little did the large steelix know, however, he had parked his massive iron butt right across the one path on the entire rocky cove, that could allow the safe passage of large amounts of cargo. The guild tents and supplies, certainly fit this criteria and with this Steelix in the way their journey could suffer from a very large and irritating delay.

As the guild members assigned to above the ground progressed along coast, they would no doubt discover this hulking beast blocking the way. A sleeping steelix is often said to be something you don't want to awaken. But what choice do they have? Their options are to tempt fate and wake the iron snake up... or return to the camp with nothing but news of a road blockade preventing their progress.

With the stage set for the coming events. The young recruits would have to come up with a solution, without the guidance of their leaders...

Side Plot 2:
    Sizing up the Sleeping Steelix!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

As usual, the recruits were far too excitable for King's taste. Yay, smiles go for miles. If King had it his way, he would have revamped the guild's motto to something more royal-sounding. "Latin would be perfect," he murmured under his breath. Gallant was handing out assignments today. The recruits were to be divided into two groups. One would go into the cave with Gallant and the other would remain outside. Of course, it would be perfect if he could stay by Gallant's side to show him how good of a member he is but he needed to prove his worth. He decided to stay outside and act as the second group's leader. Whether they like it or not.

He felt disappointed though to see the recruits going outside. Trey, Elly, and Russell were the first ones to show interest in going outside. King struck a nerve with Russell with the expedition before but he knew how capable he is in battle. He was not quite sure with the others though. Silently, he followed them towards the rocks, just behind the trio. So much for leadership, huh.

As the group outside continued on their progress, they discovered their path to be blocked by a hulking Steelix. They are known to be really aggressive and death isn't really on King's list now.

"Oh no." He sighed. "I don't think we should wake him up."
    The Grand Expedition​

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

250px-137Porygon.png

Shape the Porygon

"SMILES GO FOR MILES." Shape had only been here for a couple of minutes, but that was getting annoying already. However, Shape pulled through and met the group at the crossroads to go around and clear a path or to go into a cave. I gotta admit, I thought I did a pretty good job in that previous cave, aside from accidetnally hitting Gosu. I'll try my luck again. Shape thought. So Shape started going down into the cave.
    "...We should light these and use them to progress further." Shape heard the end of Gallant's conversation. Shape tried looking around for something, anything to get a fire going. Out of the corner of its eye, Shape spotted a Ferroseed. Shape then got an idea.
    Shape floated over to the Ferroseed(Yes floated. The one anime episode with Porygon in it showed it floating) and stared at it for a second. Shape then unleashed a Psybeam attack at the Ferroseed. The Ferroseed, enraged, turned around and shot a nasty looking Pin Missile at Shape. Shape did his best attempt at a smiles as it could as it absorbed the Pin Missile. Shape then used Conversion 2, and started transforming. Shape's body started getting warmer and warmer as he transformed into a fire type. Shape traveled back to Gallant and rested his tail on the piece of driftwood. It took a good 5 minutes, but due to Shape becoming a fire type, its body heated up, and Shape transfered some of that heat to a decently sized stick.
    "IF YOU ALL WANT TO HAVE A TORCH LIT UP, SEE ME OR TAHNI. BUT TAHNI PROBABLY DOES IT BETTER THAN ME. I TOOK A WHILE."

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey stood there on the path, watching this massive Pokemon sleeping so peacefully in front of them. It was a Steelix and it didn't seem like it'd be waking up anytime soon. This simply wouldn't do though. Trey had vowed to be a leader and his task was simple, clear the path for the guild and this Steelix was in the way.

"I don't think we should wake him up."

The voice came from King, just behind him. Now normally Trey would agree with what the Tyrunt said but there was no other way around this cave for the guild to go. They simply had to get this Steelix to move. Now the question was whether they should battle or talk it out. Trey was all for battling except he quickly realized he was at quite the disadvantage with not a single attack doing decent damage and majority not even affecting the Steelix. That was a recipe for death that Trey was not interested in. With that he decided to go the second route and see if he could talk to the Pokemon.

"I'm sorry King but we need to get around this cave and this is the only way around." Trey said, "I;m going to try talking to it."

With that he walked slowly towards the hulking, sleeping Pokemon, careful not to make any missteps that could cause it to wake up angrily. Reaching the Pokemon he cleared his throat before gently poking part of its body a couple of times, trying to wake it up.

"M...Mister Steelix? C...could you please wake up?" Trey stuttered out as he stood there trembling not sure if he actually wanted the giant steel snake Pokemon to wake up. If he woke up angrily, Trey was done for. Trying to be brave though, Trey continued poking at it, hoping Steelix would wake up soon and not eat him.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

"Hmph. I thought so," Elly stated as she watched Tahni walk away from her. Perhaps she and her new acquaintance wouldn't be so compatible after all. Well, whatever.

Luckily, Trey had the intelligence to separate himself from her. Steadily, he was gaining more points in her favor. Things were so unpredictable, she thought as she patrolled the exterior of the cave. Voices up ahead signaled her that the others had found something, and she ran up ahead.

@Varys

"If we can't wake him, then we can't get him out of the way,"The Espurr stated at the Tyrunt rather bluntly. "Unless you want to climb over him. Which would be stupid," Trey apparently also agreed with her line of logic, but the way he was going about it was so painfully wimpy. He was just gently poking the Steelix. That wouldn't wake it up.

@FireSnow

"Listen, that's not how you wake someone up. This won't look too intelligent, but it'll work out in the end. Let me show you how to do it,"

@Deceptio

"Hey! Wake up, wake up NOW!" She shouted rather loudly at the Steelix. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a pleasant awakening, but it was guaranteed to get that guy up, at least.

Last edited:
    Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

A sleeping Steelix was no joke, but historically, Snorlax were more obtrusive sleepers, and Russell had easily handled one of those once. Naturally, King didn't want to deal with it, and Trey didn't want to fight it. Russell cracked his knuckles in anticipation, ready to wake it up with a few well placed punches, but Elly the Espurr surprised him by stepping forward, yelling at the top of her lungs.

He didn't take much notice of her before, but he found this simple act of reckless bravery endearing. He stepped up beside her, ready to assist. He lifted his left arm, his hand retracting into the wrist and a primitive nozzle taking its place. "I've got your back. If he gets grumpy, a Mud Shot to the face ought to make him see our point."

Jay

Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

"Thank you, Tahni... much appreciated, this should make progress through the cave much easier and- oh." Gallant only noticed what Shape was doing by the time everybody had caught up, but he had lighted another piece of driftwood upon the floor into a second burning torch.

"I appreciate the effort Shape, but we should be fine to progress now." Picking up the third piece of wood, Gallant set it alight by holding it to the other, already burning torch. He handed one to Gosu, whom he hoped would grasp it in an icy fist and the other to Tahni, whom seemed to have the most flexible tail by design for holding things. Though he could only hope, he was quickly realizing just how few members of his little spelunking group had hands.

As he lead them further into the depths not much changed, it was eerily empty and everything seemed to be comprised of nothing but barren stone, devoid of any indentations, pathways or pokémon. Heck, there were barely any cracks in the walls... it all seemed so perfectly chaotic. Did that even make sense? His bag seemed heavier than usual as well, like a little extra weight had snuck itself in there... but oh well, it was probably nothing. His mind playing tricks on him in this odd locale.

The pathway they had chosen seemed to go on forever without any indication of stopping. Perhaps it would be best to turn back after all.

Deep in the cave, a series of dull beeps resounded as an ancient pokémon stirred in its eternal slumber. A hulking form of solid mass, its body was unbearably heavy as it struggled to regain its senses. It had been placed here, to guard this place by its master. If it had awoken now then there was only one explanation.

"INTRUDERS." It bellowed and its voice resounded around the cave, even Gallant and the others would barely hear its echo.

It could sense them. They were closer than it would have liked. They would have to be stopped. There was one easy solution, block them off, choke them out, they would rest here and never leave, they would not breach the inner sanctum.

With a single massive pound of its huge fist onto the ground... the awakened guardian sent a shuddering quake through the foundations of the Earth... only to shut down and return to sleep.

"INTRUDERS."

Gallant fell sprawled onto the ground and dropped his bag in front of him as a huge quake shook the cavern... and a strange and ancient voice boomed in his head, it sprung open and many objects flew out. As he picked them up however, he saw a little yellow fuzzball groggily wobbling among the loose items.

"Tyke?! What are you- Gah!"

He had to roll forward as the roof above caved in, leaving a massive wall of debris behind and in front of the group. They were trapped in a tiny, enclosed room so suddenly in the span of a few seconds... there was no way out. The collapse had been so perfectly orchestrated, so meticulous and exact... that this force of nature had created a sealed capsule of stone wherein no air could pass through. He could sense it, the flow of air was halted. His psychic abilities could detect nothing but stagnating gases.

"We have to act now or we're all gonna suffocate in here." Gallant said, an unnatural calm in his voice. He tossed his driftwood to the ground and started to stomp on it violently until it went out.

"The torches! Put out the torches now! They're going to waste our oxygen!"

He went to work immediately, walking along the wall and focusing a calm mind. He dragged his outstretched palm over the rock and pierced his psychic powers through. He had to find a fault, a weakness anything. But there was nothing... the rock slides were too perfect for the like either, so he quickly moved to the other wall and searched again, in utter desperation at this point.

Thank God. Whatever had done this, it wasn't as perfect and seamless as it thought. There was a single flaw in the walls center, a crack just beneath the surface. If this could be exploited and broken... it could lead to another path, a route to escape. It was their only chance so they had to try. Above all else, he had to keep everyone calm and organised. Panic would lead to defeat... and in this case death.

"Tyke. I know you've only just decided to join us in the land of the waking but I need an electroweb, attached to that roof, asap. A light source that doesn't burn oxygen is paramount."

He turned to the group and pointed to the wall.

"As for the rest of you we need to attack this wall, now! Use everything you have and throw it all at this barricade or we'll be trapped in here with all the horrible downsides that will bring! Now go! Strike!"

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years

• Vedder The Eevee

'Is there an evolution path for Eevee that has hands?' Vedder thought to himself, as he saw Gallant delivering the torches to the others. 'I guess it would be a fighting type, so it should have legs as well'
    While walking after Gallant, he was constructing in his head how a fighting type Eeveelution would look like; A quadruped fox like creature, with two hands and two legs sticking out of it's body.

Vedder line of thought was suddenly disrupt as he felt a quake in the ground.

"INTRUDERS."

Another quake followed up and before he could respond the group was trapped by rocks.

~~0~~​

After Gallant put out the flames, they were in total darkness. although he was used to the night's light, he never was in such total blackness. He was able to make out the shapes of his group mates, and saw Gallant searching the wall. After the Kirlia pointed out to them where to strike, Vedder launched a barrage of swift stars in an attempt to break the wall.
    "If I was only a water or a grass type, that would be easy" He said, as he continued the barrage.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

"INTRUDERS."

An earthquake followed the voice, Ancient and Powerful, albeit something felt almost... artificial about it. Gosu felt his body swell with excitement.

"The torches! Put out the torches now! They're going to waste our oxygen!" Gallant ordered as he stomped on the driftwood with the sole of his foot.

Gosu turned towards his torch, which had yet to melt his icy hand, defying all forms of logic. "Don't really know why I was carrying you anyway, its not like I need the light." Gosu mumbled as he tossed the torch into the air and the caught it inside his gaseous body, instantly putting the flame out due to the lack of oxygen. The wood fell to the ground through him harmlessly.

Gosu began to look around, he could already feel the air getting heavy. "Luckily, I don't need to breathe. Unluckily, all of my friends do." Gosu thought to himself. "And to be fair, if we don't get out of here, suffocating would be better than being trapped in here for eternity." He continued as he floated around the walls in an attempt to find a crack or oppening.

"As for the rest of you we need to attack this wall, now! Use everything you have and throw it all at this barricade or we'll be trapped in here with all the horrible downsides that will bring! Now go! Strike!"

Gosu used his ghost senses and was surprised at how quickly Gallant was able to decipher which was the weakest wall. "Try and use Water, Grass, or Ice attacks... Fighting if you've got em." Gosu shouted as he thrust his Icy fist into the stone wall. It shattered into a spray of small rocks and ice chips, leaving a visable dent in the otherwise solid rock wall. "Give it everything we've got lads!" Gosu remarked as another icy fist began to form by his side.

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry
    berry02.png
    1 x Chesto berry

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

250px-137Porygon.png

Shape the Porygon

"I appreciate the effort Shape, but we should be fine to move along now." Gallant had said.
    "Oh. ok." Shape said, disheartened. It felt itself cooling off and becoming back into a normal type as the effects of Conversion 2 wore off. Shape continued on with the group with his head down.
    Maybe I should stop talking to people again. It's not working again. Shape thought. Shape was going to think more, but he was interrupted by a large sound.
    "INTRUDERS."
    Immediately after, the ground started shaking, and the ceiling started collapsing on top of them. In a couple of seconds, there were completely surrounded by rocks.
    "The torches! Put out the torches now! They're going to waste our oxygen!" Gallant cried out.
    Shape helped to pat the torches out, and soon after, Gallant commanded a JOltik that came out of nowhere to use an elektroweb for light.
    "As for the rest of you we need to attack this wall, now! Use everything you have and throw it all at this barricade or we'll be trapped in here with all the horrible downsides that will bring! Now go! Strike!" Gallant said.
    So Shape got to thinking again. Then it realized something. Shape could probably do the Conversion 2 strategy again, since this time, it's not lighting up anything. Shape noticed that the Eevee was using Swift. Perfect. Shape used Conversion 2 on Vedder, and lucky for it, Shape started turning heavier. He was becoming a steel type, exactly what Shape wanted. Now that Shape was heavier, he would have a better physical impact. Shape ran up to the wall of rocks and smashed into it. It ran back, used an Icy Wind on a nearby rock, then smashed into it with his new steel typing. Shape realized that this might take a while, so it used Agility to speed up the process. Shape kept repeating the pattern of Icy Wind, smash, back up, repeat.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png

As they begin to head deeper into the cave, Tahni can't help but notice that her little explosion buddy isn't around. This makes her the slightest bit apprehensive; if they get caved in, the explosion Trey and Tahni can make together could really help them out. On the other hand, she wonders if Elly realizes that Tahni couldn't honor both her wishes: Don't team up with Trey, don't go with Gallant. She had to pick one, or sit in her tent for the entire mission, and that's just not going to happen. She's not sorry for going into this cave, though she's the slightest bit sorry for making her only friend so angry. Well, she was friendless before yesterday, she can be friendless again.
    Noting how close she was to Gallant, she quickly shoves that sadness to the back of her mind. Even if she's not showing it, he can feel it, and now's not the time for dwelling. Instead she flashes an excited smile, wrapping the offered torch around her tail. "In my next life, I'm going to ask Arceus to make me something with hands." She states, more to herself than anyone.

As they continue their trek down Tahni can feel Gallant's hesitation. While they're clearly moving deeper into the cave, you wouldn't be able to tell by the landmarks…or lack thereof. It just kept going and going; one straight line of perfectly smooth rock. Maybe…some other exploration team had already cleared this place out?
    She turns to Gallant to ask if that's a possibility, but stops when the faintest of echoes causes her ears to perk upward. It was only a very quiet echo, so tiny that only she and Davalos (due to their large ears) could probably even hear it, but it was enough to give her pause. "Um-" She starts, before the quake begins.

Her legs sprawl out, claws digging into the ground below as the cavern around them violently shakes. Things crashed around them, and before she could fully grasp what was happening, the shaking stopped…and they were caved in. They really are caved in…here she thought she was overthinking but…they're really caved in!
    And they're sealed in so tight their oxygen has been cut off. Tahni cringes as she drops her torch on the ground, pouncing on the flames to extinguish them. Okay…that buys them a few more minutes of air... they just need a minute of level headedness to think this through and find a way out. Okay. Stay calm.

Just as she predicted, it only took Gallant about two minutes to find a way for them to get out. A way that was going to take a lot of work, but a way, none the less.
    "If I was only a water or a grass type, that would be easy."
    This was no time for ifs, so the little lion did her best to encourage the little fox—to keep him going. "Maybe we'll find a stone in here for you." She spoke before slamming her body into the wall with a tackle.

Oomph. That probably hurt her more than the wall…but suffocating is going to hurt a lot more. She hops back, this time getting as much of a running start as she possibly can, before tackling into the stone. She repeats this process several more times, slowly growing more and more out of breath.

She jumps back, taking a moment to catch her breath. She focuses on the wall and quietly growls at it. This stupid rock will NOT be the end of her. She's got too much to live for, too many more adventures to have. She's going to get stronger, she's going to evolve, she's going to become a leader. As these thoughts race through her mind she feels her muscles tightening, growing stronger—heavier. One more time, she heaves herself towards the wall, her tackle attack becoming a Take Down as she smashes the entirety of her weight into the stone.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Feeling glad that Tahni had followed the wise words of Dávalos, he walked alongside Tahni, chattering excitedly along the way. Trailing behind the two of them, he saw Vio, the shiny Chikorita. However, feeling comfortable with the presence of the passionate Litleo (Quite the admirable trait in a performer, he thought to himself), he instead fraternized with Tahni, excited to what lay ahead in store.

"In my next life, I'm going to ask Arceus to make me something with hands."

Dávalos chucked at her remark, not at all wishing to be someone else. After all, being a fire fox was awesome: he could shoot flames, do some psychic magic and look cute, definitely more on the side of flamboyantly gallivanting his powers and abilities rather than being outright tough.

As his mind raced about what he was going to accomplish today, the promise of adventure filling his head, he stopped dead in his tracks when his ears twitched, picking up a faint rumble, that seemed to be a very faint, ancient-sounding voice; Tahni had seemed to notice as well. Faster than he could process the noise, however, there was a low, terrible rumbling, causing Dávalos to jump as he was startled by the noise. Quickly recovering, he looked up to find the pathways sealed, trapping them in a chamber of stagnant air. He opened his eyes wide as he realized that the fire, that was consuming all their precious oxygen, was still burning.

"The torches! Put out the torches now! They're going to waste our oxygen!" Extinguishing a torch that he had lit from earlier with his bushy tail, the chamber quickly became enveloped in darkness as the others frantically put out their own fires. Not entirely sure what to do, not used to deal with a situation of helplessness, Dávalos trembled as he succumbed to what, in his mind, would be called stage fright. No sooner had he began to shut down, however, did the lights come back on when Tyke used Electroweb to light up the cavern. Relieved, Dávalos took a deep breath and resumed trying to help out his comrades. Following the direction of charging towards the danger head on, Dávalos tensed as his body became engulfed in flames, readying a Flame Charge attack. He hit the wall head on with a good amount of force; the wall budged ever so slightly with the help of the other guild members. Feeling the determination that Tahni had in encouraging the mighty fire fox, especially after he teetered upon doubt and cowardice, Dávalos used another Flame Charge attack, awaiting the collective result of their attacks.

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Today proved to be even worse than yesterday. First, Vio overslept and missed most of Snubbull's speech, only barely catching the end part about the cave and the exterior path. Vio felt rather adventurous, and headed straight for the cave. There, she joined a group involving Gallant, the three who helped her yesterday, a Litleo and an Eevee. However, Vio wasn't feeling very talkative, and just trailed behind the Fennekin and Litleo, who appeared to be friends.
    Vio inspected her surroundings, enjoying the uh… Well, there actually wasn't too much to enjoy, in Vio's opinion. Caves don't necessarily appeal to grass types to begin with. Then, all of a sudden, a sound that was something akin to a voice spoke
    "Intruders." it spoke.
    Everything began to shake, and before Vio knew it, everyone was caved in. The torches used for lights were quickly put out, and it was dark. Vio was honestly scared, because while she could last longer without an external oxygen source, she didn't have anything protecting her from getting crushed to death. Vio then heard Gallant yell as he pointed at a spot on one of the walls, "As for the rest of you we need to attack this wall, now! Use everything you have and throw it all at this barricade or we'll be trapped in here with all the horrible downsides that will bring! Now go! Strike!"

Vio didn't need to be told twice as she was desperate to get out of this alive. She faced where Gallant pointed, and whipped it once. Luckily, the vine seemed to have made a relatively decent chip in the rocks. Vio closed her eyes, and thought of… Them. Vio felt herself become enraged, and she began using her two vines to continuously whip the wall, hoping that it would break in time for them to escape.

Jay

Years

• steelix_by_xous54.png

Stalor the Steelix

Steelix shifted slightly in his sleep and repositioned his tail slightly, inadvertently almost crushing some of the guild members now swarming him. He was completely exhausted and worn out... but now it seemed like the day had brought him some sort of outside force to open his eyes and wake him to the day once more. His huge eyes opened to reveal a pair of furrowed irises as he opened his huge steel mouth with a long and tired yawn... the warm air that flowed out would have been enough to knock Trey off of his feet.

He tutted very gently after his yawn before speaking in a slow and tired voice. It was the voice of an old man for certain, yet the metal body that the Steelix possessed gave a sort of sonorous ringing to every syllable. "What have we here...? Harumph..." His large red eyes focussed on Trey the Trubbish who stood before him, quivering in fear.

"Why hello there little one... you certainly looked frightened... ohoho, never seen a pokémon as large as me before, have you not? My my..."

He lifted his head high, so that it almost blocked out the sun with its massive size. He looked to the small Espurr shouting at him... The Golurk ready to fight... The Tyrunt with a much more calm demeanor...

"What a strange bunch of pokémon to be travelling together. Reminds me of my youth almost, haha!" He leaned in close to King and examined his features. He was made of gruff, unpolished steel... rough and hardened by battle. "A shiny one even... ahh, that does bring back memories. Quite the looker too... Blue is my favorite color!" He rose up then and sent a quivering shudder down his metallic body as he held his neck high into the air and stretched.

"I suppose I'd best introduce myself eh? I am Stalor... Stalor the Steelix mind you. I'm very old and very tired... so perhaps you kids might tell me what's going on? Take it in turns now. Give me your names... one of you tell me who you are as a group... oh and another tell me why you've chosen to wake me up with such a fiery passion eh? Try to alternate, at my age it's better to hear different voices often, stops me from mixing young folks up you know."

He chuckles gently at his own words and rests his neck gently upon the ground, his head still lazily held aloft, cocking gently at his small interrupters. He had a sudden curiosity as to th younglings identities... after all, he very rarely got company that wasn't a violent dungeon dweller.

Side Plot 2:
    Sizing up the Sleeping Steelix!

Jay

Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

With the electrowebs lighting up the area, Gallant was able to watch the wall as the guild members threw themselves at it with such passionate fervor. The cracks grew grander and stronger with every take down, flame charge, ice punch, vine whip... every single attack that was launched at the slowly crumbling wall was a little bit more... a little edge closer to victory and freedom. The air was getting thinner and thinner however... and Gallant could feel himself growing faint. But they were so close... So close! It was almost broken... but nobody would be able to keep at it at this rate. Tyke was here too... he was still so young... Tahni, Davalos, Shape, Vio... they were all so young and full of purpose. Gosu was older but he still had something to cling onto, the room was airtight, if they didn't do this he'd be trapped here forever. They HAD to get out.

He looked to the side of the room and saw a loose chunk of rock jutting out of the opposite wall. Gallant had ignored it before due to that side being nothing but solid rock... but maybe...

Gallant moved to the other side of the room quickly and took a deep breath of whatever was left to breath and let out as large a disarming voice attack as he could, concentrated on that one spot. The large rock, as expected broke loose... but there was no escape behind it. That wasn't Gallant's intention however... focusing another calm mind to hone his senses further, he used to confusion to heave the massive rock into the air. "Everyone! Stand clear!" He shouted, though the limited oxygen made it hard to speak at all, still he was too focused to use telepathy right now.

With all his might he hurled the large rock at the weakened wall and the impact sent splinters of stone firing across the room. The crack in the stone grew and spread... until a small hole formed at the center. Gallant was almost relieved for a moment.

Until the situation grew worse.

Water began shooting into the room at a high pressure, aiming to fill up the now empty space that was the room.

They had broken into an underground ravine.

There was barely a second to think, on instinct Gallant reached a hand towards the ceiling and grabbed Tyke quickly with confusion, using his psychic energy he grabbed the small electric bug and brought him to his arms with an incredible speed. He barely had the time to curl his arms inwards and protect Tyke as best he could before the wall collapsed. Gallant let out a single cry that was quickly overhwhelmed by the water as the crashing liquid rushed in like a tidal wave... sweeping the guild away.

"Ga...ant..."

"S... ats... w...t......alling... t?"

"Pa...th...c...."

"H... c...t... sa.e... o.... ow...."

Gallant took a sudden gasp and woke with a start, gasping quickly as air once again filled hios lungs. He was washed up on a beach of gravel. There was no sunlight to be found, only a cold stone roof resembling the Causeway Cavern from before. They were still deep underground... an underground lake in fact. He stood up groggily before panicking and looking around quickly.

"Tyke?! Tahni?! Gosu?! Anyone?!..." His searching was short lived however, beside the spot he had been passed out, Tyke was there too. He couldn't tell whether or not he was conscious or not, but Gallant could sense no major injuries... and the vibrant life of the young Joltik was still burning brightly. Down the beach, he saw the others. He sensed all vital signs... and everyone seemed to be alright. But he still took the time to shoot a heal wave over all of them, just in case, to cure any injuries they may have suffered.

Recovering from his initial panic... Gallant looked up the shore and was surprised by what he saw.

There was a large entrance, carved intricately and perfectly from stone. A statue of a great, hulking pokémon of rock stood above the archway... there were dots upon its face, in a strange pattern. This same pattern covered the archway, arranged in an orderly and intricate pattern. Lining the bottom of the arch were four statues of the pokémon sigilyph... grey and solid, they did not move so much as an inch. A weathered stone tablet sat at the convergence of the arch at the top... it was written in unknown characters, a language Gallant had thankfully learned how to read while working in ancient ruins for Team Morning Sun.

W74r76X.png

"Tomb... of... Regirock? Regirock... what's that?"

As if in response to his words the ground began to shake once more and Gallant was forced to brace himself for another impact. However... just as quickly as he had, the shaking stopped... and everything returned to normal. Well... everything but one small detail, that still seemed out of place.

The Sigilyph statues eyes had started to glow blue.

In an eerily synchronized unison. The statues floated forward from their positions and began to spin in circles rapidly, dust flew from their bodies to reveal a collection of startling colours. These pokémon weren't statues... they were real... and they had been awoken by the groups presence there.

Spinning once more in unison, a quadro of air cutter attacks sliced through the gravel and almost cut Gallant into quarters before he threw himself aside and bounced back slightly to the other guild members.

"Damn it all... any of you who can stand! Get up! Get up now! We're not out of the clear yet!"

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

[FONT="Brawler]
    Gosu had barely had enough time to form a protective coat of ice around him before the entire party was swept away by the torrent of water. He was smashed into the sides of the cave as the water pulled him about wherever it pleased.

---Zwing!---

"Theres a weird pokemon in the village." The young riolu said as he came through the door. "Weird Pokemon?" Gosu asked "Well I just never seen him around before." Riolu explained. "Well thats no reason to call him weird is it?" Gosu laughed. "Well he was weird." The Riolu giggled. "Alright, enough. Go get ready for dinner, its almost done." Gosu laughed.

---Zwoong!---

Gosu felt the an ancient energy wash over him. He opened his eyes and his icy escape pod exploded into crystaline dust. He saw Gallant facing four large pokemon whom Gosu recognized as Sigilyph. Above them was an ancient writing that seemed to stir something in the back of the gas pokémons head. "The tomb of raeggae-rock?" Gosu muttered to himself in confusion.

"Damn it all... any of you who can stand! Get up! Get up now! We're not out of the clear yet!" Gallant shouted as the Sigilyph began to throw air cutter attacks at him.

Gosu flew towards Gallant and smashed into the nearest Sigilyph with an icy fist. "They must be guarding the tomb. Somebody really doesn't want anyone getting in." Gosu shouted as he narrowly dodged a psybeam from one of the Sigilyph.

"Or out." Gosu said quietly as he dodged another Psybeam and brought an icy fist down on another Sigilyph. They all looked similar to Gosu, and despite his best efforts, even his super effective ice type moves weren't doing much to the ancient tomb guardians. "A little help here kids!" Gosu called as he threw an icy fist into an Sigilyph whom was throwing blades of air at Gallant.

"We're hopelessly outnumbered." Gosu thought to himself while dodging an air cutter attack. "Hello sweetie." Gosu called as he began to call in the black fog around the nearest Sigilyph. "Even if you've been sleeping for thousands of years, every living thing has one base instinct. Fear." He called as the Pokemon began to thrash about, trying to escape from the nightmares that the fog caused it to see.

Suddenly an aircutter smashed into the gravel beneath him snapping Gosu's attention away from the Sigilyph, causing the fog to fade. "I can't keep this up while the others can attack me" Gosu grunted.

The sigilyph he had hit with his night shade however appeared to be heavily injured.

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry
    berry02.png
    1 x Chesto berry

[/FONT]

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

A good reaction, if condescending. It irritated her to be referred to like that. But that was anger of the irrelevant kind. Things were looking promising. He seemed like he could be reasoned with, which would be far less energy-consuming than fighting him.

@Deceptio

"I am Elly, we are a guild, and we're surveying this area. But you're blocking the road, and we need you to move. That's why I woke you up. If you really don't want to move, you can just stay still and we can climb over you. But that would waste a lot of time, so I'd rather you just get out of the way now," Simple and to the point. There wasn't any need for any extraneous nonsense. And if he wasn't stupid, he'd just do it already. Though she couldn't understand how anyone could be stupid to something so obvious. Hopefully, the others would not ruin this. Fighting him might be a good learning experience, but it would also be a reckless and bad idea.

Back