• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World Is A Stage

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
Years
  • Role-Playing is a very large spectrum of activities, of which Forum RP is part of. What kind of other role play related activities you do apart from here and why?

I myself like to RP a lot, whenever I play a story heavy game, I like to RP as my character, and if possible create my own character; for example, in Dark Souls 2, I had a run where I played as a character from a series of books I really like, I tried to make her appearance as much as I had in my mind, and made her use a sword and a rapier combination, as I thought it would be something she might do. To say the least, it was one of the best runs I had in that game.

Years
  • I like to kind of roleplay characters in video games as well. Maybe not so much as to go to go into online games and speak differently or anything like that, but I do base decisions and actions within the games based on the character I have in my mind, who usually does not agree with my own mindset.

Other than that, I can't say I really roleplay. I guess the closest would be that I do enjoy actual acting in plays and musicals, which in a sense you have to put yourself in the mind of your character.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • My therapist lets me role-play with puppets before he refills my happy pills.

I LARP with my wife when she wants it more spicy than usual.

I verbally role-play my revenge when someone cuts me off in traffic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like to kind of roleplay characters in video games as well. Maybe not so much as to go to go into online games and speak differently or anything like that, but I do base decisions and actions within the games based on the character I have in my mind, who usually does not agree with my own mindset.

Other than that, I can't say I really roleplay. I guess the closest would be that I do enjoy actual acting in plays and musicals, which in a sense you have to put yourself in the mind of your character.
    I do that too when I play RPG video games. I don't often play myself, rather I like to make decisions based on what my character would likely want. #rpdamaged

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • this is pretty much all the roleplaying that i do lmao

unless you count when me and jay decide to spice things up in the bedroom

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • this will get sensual real soon.

Not really. Except when I try to write my own fanfictions and write my own characters.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I RP a lot (in my mind or in-text with others) when I'm playing any MMO game or game that allows me to customize my character. It makes it a lot more fun :D

As for irl RPing, me and my brother/cousins/friends play a lot of RPing games in the summer (the best by far has been a superhero themed one).

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I play a lot of RPG games, they're actually my favorite genre of video games :) other than that and on here, I haven't branched out very far.

My brother, myself, our family friend, his girlfriend and my boyfriend said we'd all like to play DnD at some point. I'd be interested to try it soon.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I also RP a lot in my mind, creating a character in my mind and base my decisions on what I think that character will do. I find it makes the games I play much more interesting, less monotonous, giving it much more replay value.

crimsoncero

Years
  • I write poetry, and when I do I try to make a character or a story the poem revolves around. When I use a character it gives me this slight detachment of myself to expose emotions and feelings I have under a cover, in a way. So you can say I'm roleplaying when I write poetry, although that roleplaying is much closer emotionally to myself than when I roleplay here. Another reason is that I like to write in third person more than first, maybe for a similar reason as I've listed above...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I play a lot of RPG games, they're actually my favorite genre of video games :) other than that and on here, I haven't branched out very far.

My brother, myself, our family friend, his girlfriend and my boyfriend said we'd all like to play DnD at some point. I'd be interested to try it soon.

Never played DnD before primarily because I have no friends IRL who actually is interested in playing it. They're more into MMO and gaming RPGs that that stuff.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Like most others have said, RPG games are come to mind when I think of other means of role-playing.

That, and the crazy, spontaneous acting that happens in some of the Skype groups. Heh.

crimsoncero

Years
  • Like most others have said, RPG games are come to mind when I think of other means of role-playing.

That, and the crazy, spontaneous acting that happens in some of the Skype groups. Heh.

Those are quite the best, it's how I got the ability to summon a dancing Balrog.
    -Waves at the dancing Balrog-

Back