• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Pokemon), I Choose You! (Other), I Choose You!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Do you prefer to RP in a Pokemon RP, or a non-pokemon RP? Why?

Do you like to read a Pokemon RP, or a non-pokemon RP? Why?

As for me, I like to role-play in a Pokemon RP because I can relate to the pokemon games more than I can relate to others.

As for reading RP's, I really have no preference. I like reading any kind of RP. :)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I most definitely prefer the [Other] type over the [Pokemon] type. I usually find the latter to be way too restrictive as compared to the former, but once in a blue moon a Pokemon RP sparks my interest (for example, Cornered On the Market).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I'd say I massively prefer the other. While I do enjoy being part of a Pokemon RP every once in a while as a novelty, as Fox said before me, Other RPs are just much more expansive and give more freedom to create. I struggle to take part in RPs that dont let me write my own story. If the RP holds my hand too much, I lose interest. Pokemon RPs tend to do that more than Other RPs

Years
  • I generally prefer Other RPs also. They tend to provide a more fun and unique experience and are also my preferred RPs to create since I love to world build and most of that's already done for you in the Pokemon universe. That being said I still love a good Pokemon RP.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • like those that posted before me i generally enjoy the [other] rps better than the [pokemon] ones, however the occasional journey rp is loads of fun... even if all the ones i've been in never got past a couple routes

Years
  • I tend to prefer others, but I love a good Pokemon journey roleplay. (Sadly they never get that far. But what does?) I really enjoy anything that could be described as epic. I like a good journey, with kick a** battles and sweet plot development. Anything tends to be good to me so long as it's awesome.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    [Other] for me. I'm not as interested in Pokemon anymore and I have hard time with battle sequences. Back when I would write Pokemon fics, I had have an easy time writing the story until I hit the hardcore battle sequences. I think they still intimidate me. It would be nice to try out a [Pokemon] one eventually, but I don't think I'd opt for journey RPs. I'd need a different kind of plot.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I go for either way but I am always excited whenever I see a new [POKEMON] RP pop out more than [OTHERS]

I sometimes don't like the universe created in [OTHERS] RP unlike Pokemon which I surely like.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Who cares what the damn tag is? I'm not going to judge a [POKEMON] RP, AKA an RP that has Pokemon in it, or an [OTHER] RP, AKA an RP that doesn't, based on a little bracketed word that tells me little about the actual roleplay itself...

Honestly, I'll join anything if I feel I can and if I feel the roleplay will go places.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years
  • I tend to like Other more than Pokemon, mostly because Other includes a much greater variety than Pokemon. But, Pokemon RPs can also be very different to the generic Pokemon stories and might be intriguing. It's just that Other includes much more worlds and topics, Pokemon has infinite RPs, but Other have a larger infinite amount of RP.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I would say I am definitely more interested in Pokemon RPs due to, as a couple others have said, I relate a bit more to them then I do to Other RPs. The Other RPs always seem to be great but also just a bit over my head in terms of full understanding of the topic whereas Pokemon ones are always easy for me to understand and write about.

Back