• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Forever] It's my birthday / moving state anniversary day!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So in case you don't read blogs, here's a summary of my move to another state (which I did on my birthday last year so I could be half here and half there). Now I am 24. :)

I moved to a brand new state. I got a Queensland drivers license. I got to know an awesome new family. I befriended a dog, and now we're like best friends. Ryan's become my everyday life now, something I thought would never happen with anyone for me. I just sort of accepted it would never happen when I had my socially awkward phaze right up until I was roughly 22. It was a long haul. But now. I'm different. I drive on my own now. My photography is at a level where I'm proud of myself. I'm not just snapping, I know what to look for, what to get in photos, and I know what I need to do to get to where I need to (and what I need). I became a photographer for a magazine. It isn't big but it felt big. I was doing something I loved.

I got to know these four kids a lot better and I legit love them. I'm so proud of how far they've come and who they're turning into. They're not biologically related but they don't need to be. None of my pets ever were but I loved them like they were. My pets - my two birds - are happy here. They have friends. They're not alone talking to doves all day. They have two loud ringnecks, and four other birds. They're sitting good.

I got a "job" which wasn't really... it was just a commission only thing. I quit by the second week. It felt good. I went a few months without a job. Then I got one. The same as my one in WA. It was ok. But I was casual. Then came October, I was a Christmas Casual for a huge department store. That shit's big. They're a lot more professional than most other places. It was cool. I had my first 'serious' job. But it didn't last. I got another job not so long ago, and it's cool. And it's easy, and although there's difficulties with getting employment stuff sent through... I'm cool. It won't be for long. Then I'll be looking for a job again. But I won't give up, gonna find something new. I know my dream job now - photojournalist for a newspaper over here. It's a goal for now but it's something to work towards.

I photographed weddings, a party, event... the list goes on. I've done more in a year here than I had done in WA throughout all my years. I have grown up a lot. But I'm still me. I'm still a child at heart, I'm just learning how to deal with the grown up world a lot better... while watching my Little Pony and still loving Pokemon. :') Pretty awesome year and I'm ready for what comes next.

Years
    I couldn't have dedicated my 35,000th post to a better thread (and person).

Anyways, you have always been a legend to me Nica, back when you modded 5th Gen (or Black & White as it was back then) you were one of the first people I started looking up to staff-wise, because of all the thoughts and effort you put into discussion.

While that phase fizzled out in recent years, you were always remembered for that effort. And I'm sure you've been enjoying your new life in Queensland during that year since you moved there. Happy 24th sweetie, and continue being a PC legend.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Happy birthday Nica! Seems like aaaaaaages ago we spammed ticty together <3 I'm happy that your life is going well!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thanks guys you all are awesome :) Here's hoping 24 will be less crazy lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm sorry but your old mod partner has caught feels.

Closed.

On a serious note, happy birthday chica! Awe, I specifically logged on to post here and I caught the nostalgia. It was hell modding with you! I couldn't be paid to do it again. u_u No but really, we survived the good and bad times and the memories really bring me back for a moment. We were like partners in crime yet rivals at the same time. I'm so proud of your achievements and I'm glad you are getting to experience a lot more things. I'd like to see you traveling across countries soon!

Hope you enjoyed and owned the day as you do.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thanks guys, appreciate :)

Kaori let's go mod the world.

Back