• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What are your favorite albums?

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    So, guys, what're your favorite albums? I've been thinking for a while about mine, and that's why i'll list only five of them for now.

PINKGUY - Filthy Frank

Yes, seriously. This is one of my favorite albums. You know, i don't really listen to rap, but for some reason, i really like it when Frank does a song about it. Also the album's definitely NSFW. Gets to be a little disgusting on a few songs, but overall it's a pretty funny album. Perfect for making ramen.

Deconstruct - Sefiros

This wonderful, terribly underrated piece of ambient art was made in 2005 by Sefiros, a scottish musician. It's available in an archive.org archive. Just look up "Deconstruct archive.org" on Google and it should pop up. I recommend you check out Delaying The Future, Scornful, Tainted, Deconstructed, In Pain, practically the whole album is just wonderful.

Lightning Bolt - Pearl Jam

This bountiful 12-track album was made in 2013 by the best Alternative band ever (in my opinion), Pearl Jam. It's definitely more rewarding than their previous album, and i consider this album one of their best recent works. But of course, every Pearl Jam album has that track which is kind of boring to listen. This one's boring track is the last track, Future Days. It's a beautiful song, but i just got bored listening to it.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Dream Theater

Could not forget to include my absolute favorite band of all time. This double-album here is a big example of musical perfection. The first part of the album introduced the first track of the 12-Step Suite (second track, if you consider The Mirror as a prologue/first track), The Glass Prison. Like the other tracks in the 12-Step Suite, this one's really heavy and agressive, and the biggest track of the Suite, clocking in at 13:56. It's followed by underrated Blind Faith, followed by twisted and strange Misunderstood, followed by The Great Debate, finally ending the album at a depressing peak, with the song Disappear. And that's just the first part! The second album includes DT's biggest song yet, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, clocking in at 42:04. It's divided into eight parts and each song reflects mental diseases such as bipolarity, post traumatic stress disorder, post partum depression, autism, dissociative personality disorder and schizophrenia. It's a shame i didn't hear it live when they played all the thing in 2006 with a kickass orchestra.

All This Bad Blood - Bastille

I had to leave the best for last. This album, like Dream Theater's one, is an example of musical perfection. You already get a really good vibe from Pompeii, and the vibe just goes on. I really like listening to this at night, especially after midnight. This is downright my favorite album of all time. Also to feel really awesome, get the WHOLE album, not just the first part of it (there are three parts, it's in Spotify). I guarantee you'll love it.

Anyways, these are only five of my favorite albums. What are your faves? Tell me!

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
    I'm looking through my Spotify albums and I can say I like the following:

• Dropped - Brick + Mortar
    • <I°_°I> - Caravan Palace
    • x (Deluxe) - Ed Sheeran
    • American Beauty/American Pyscho - Fallout Boy
    • Galantis EP - Galantis
    • Vessel - Twenty One Pilots
    • Blurry Face - Twenty One Pilots
    • Dream Your Life Away - Vance Joy
    • Candyman - Zedd

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    The Beatles - Revolver
    D'Angelo and The Vanguard - Black Messiah
    Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
    Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
    Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
    Madvillain - Madvillainy
    My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
    Pink Floyd - Meddle
    Portishead - Dummy
    Prince and The Revolution - Purple Rain
    Slowdive - Souvlaki
    The Strokes - Is This It
    A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

at least they're the albums I've rated 5* on rym. Pretty safe 'critical darling' albums I know sue me

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Kanye West - Graduation
    Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
    Death Grips - Exmilitary
    Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
    Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book
    Grimes - Art Angels
    Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart
    David Bowie - Let's Dance
    David Bowie - Scary Monsters
    M.I.A. - MATANGI
    Viper - Kill Urself My Man
    Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
    Travi$ Scott - Rodeo
    Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho

no particular order, just albums I really enjoy. probably missing quite a few though =/

Last edited:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Blurryface
    by Twenty One Pilots
    1. Heavydirtysoul3:55
    3. Ride3:35
    5. Tear In My Heart3:09
    6. Lane Boy4:13
    7. The Judge4:58
    8. Doubt3:12
    9. Polarize3:47
    10. We Don't Believe What's On TV2:57
    11. Message Man4:00
    12. Hometown3:55
    13. Not Today3:58
    14. Goner3:57

Ten
    by Pearl Jam
    1. Once3:52
    2. Even Flow4:54
    3. Alive5:41
    4. Why Go3:20
    5. Black5:44
    6. Jeremy5:19
    7. Oceans2:42
    8. Porch3:31
    9. Garden4:59
    10. Deep4:18
    11. Release9:06

Waking The Fallen
    by Avenged Sevenfold
    1. Waking The Fallen1:42
    5. Desecrate Through Reverence5:38
    6. Eternal Rest5:13
    7. Second Heartbeat7:00
    8. Radiant Eclipse6:10
    10. I Won't See You Tonight Part 24:45
    11. Clairvoyant Disease5:00
    12. And All Things Will End7:41

Linked to some of my favorites. Albums in no particular order. Blame Achromatic for making me css all this

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Spoiler tagged because it is a long ass list. Growing all the time.

Spoiler:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Spoiler:

phew.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Twenty One Pilots- Blurryface
    Ed Sheeran- X
    Coldplay- Viva la Vida (or Death and All His Friends)
    Fall Out Boy- Save Rock 'n Roll
    The Beatles- Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I chose these six albums because I love them as a whole, rather than one or two tracks from the album.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    Since everyone's putting up big lists, finna put up my big list, i guess.

Spoiler:

And there are more that i can't remember.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Megadeth - "Rust in Peace", "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?", "Dystopia"
    Opeth - "Blackwater Park", "Deliverance", "Ghost Reveries"
    Iron Maiden - "Powerslave", "The Number of the Beast", "The Book of Souls"
    Nevermore - "Dead Heart, in a Dead World", "This Godless Endeavor"
    Machine Head - "The Blackening", "Unto the Locust", "Bloodstone & Diamonds"
    Exodus - "Fabulous Disaster", "Impact is Imminent", "Pleasures of the Flesh"
    Death Angel - "The Dream Calls for Blood", "The Ultra-Violence"
    Dream Theater - "The Astonishing"
    Metallica - "Ride the Lightning"
    Pantera - "Vulgar Display of Power"

Probably more, but out of the top of my head these are the ones that really stand out.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    What are your favorite albums?

and of course...

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
    Honestly, my favourite album is just the OST of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    uh wow

very rarely do I like an album in its entirety from start to finish, and I wouldn't say it's fair for me to say an album is my "favorite" unless I HAVE enjoyed it from top to bottom, so I'll try and recall my tops. I really listen to a conglomerate list of good songs from my favorite artists, artists I don't know, new and rising artists, etc. so that I get a taste of everything for a particular quarter/season of the year. in any case, the favorites:
    • Catfish & the Bottlemen, The Balcony - exceptional alt. rock album from early 2015 that dragged me into their small but increasing fanbase with the first listen. I literally had never heard of them, had zero expectations, and didn't even really like their style of music so much at the time, but something about imperfect vocals and their beautiful, dramatic guitar riffs kept me hooked (THEIR SECOND ALBUM HIT 28 ON THE US 200, you wouldn't believe how proud I am)
    • Beartooth, Disgusting - I went through a period last year where all I listened to was like... metal music lmao, and I don't regret it because it introduced me to this gem and Caleb Somo, both of which are really amazing if you're into this sort of music.
    • Interpol, Turn On the Bright Lights - Self-explanatory
    • Panic! at the Disco, Too Weird to Live, Too Young to Die - gave me songs like This Is Gospel, Nicotine, Boys/Boys/Girls, Casual Affair, Far Too Young to Die, and The End of All Things. What isn't to love?
    • Zella Day, Kicker - gorgeous, mysterious album with a lot of hypnotic beats and catchy choruses, only one song I don't particularly like from the album but the rest of it is great and I can muster through the song for the sake of sustaining the album's integrity.
    • Beyonce, Lemonade - you didn't think you'd see this list without a mention of Lemonade did you...
    Honestly, my favourite album is just the OST of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

lmao i dig this response

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    The only album I've ever really dug start to finish was Let It Enfold You by Senses Fail... *sighs in nostalgia*

Sir Codin

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes //// The Blackening
    First one is one of the best debut records in metal I've ever heard. Second one is one of my favorite albums EVER.

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2
    Still remains the pinnacle of Dream Theater's work to this day.

Judas Priest - Painkiller
    Cannot think of a single bad thing to say about this album. It keeps you entertained from start to finish.

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
    One of the best concept albums ever.

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
    Solidified Pantera's groove metal style and Dimebag Darrell in guitarist legends.

System Of A Down - Toxicity
    The album is just crazy from start to finish.

Disturbed - The Sickness
    Not too into these guys these days, but this album was the s**t back in 2000.

Slayer - Reign In Blood
    Quintessential '80s thrash metal.

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
    This too.

Sepultura - Chaos A.D.
    Every album with Max Cavalera was amazing, but this album was a fun mix of groove, hardcore, and Brazilian percussion that gave it a very unique Latin spin on Pantera/Exhorder's groove metal.

Exhorder - The Law
    This album is to groove metal what Reign In Blood was to thrash metal. Just non-stop face-pummelling from start to finish.

Orphaned Land - Mabool
    Middle Eastern folk/black/progressive/doom metal that tells a tale of three angels turned mortal. Fantastic composition.

Nightwish - Oceanborn
    The pinnacle of Nightwish's songmaking. Century Child comes at a close second.

Razor - Violent Restitution
    Pure ultra heavy thrash from start to finish. Pretty short yet held together extremely well.

Slipknot - Iowa
    I'll admit, these guys are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but damn is this album hard-hitting in so many places.

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
    Even if you don't like hip-hop, this album is a must-listen.

Death - Symbolic
    Everything there is to love about Death can be found here.

Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
    CoB are overall not a very good band, but this album was definitely one of their finer moments.

Prong - Cleansing
    Good industrial/groove.

Wolves In The Throne Room - Celestial Lineage
    Beautiful atmospheric black metal that draws from mysticism instead of satan. Unfortunately, this was their last metal album. Their new one is some new-age BS

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
    Cornerstone symphonic black metal

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
    Cornerstone second wave black metal

Nirvana - Nevermind
    There's a reason this album caused grunge to explode: it's just damn fun to listen to.

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
    Heavy progressive.

Muse - Absolution
    Muse are good at pulling off different styles and this album is just orgasmic.

Lost Horizon - A Flame To The Ground Beneath
    I was a fan of this album before the metal scream in "Highlander (The One)" became a meme....

Van Halen - 1984
    You really can't go wrong with David Lee Roth-era Van Halen.

Psychostick - IV: Revenge of the Vengeance
    Their debut album was gut-bustingly hilarious. Their second and third were kind of hit-and-miss. This one is just hysterical all the way through.

Venom - Welcome To Hell
    A fun album for car rides and the precursor to extreme speed metal.

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
    Some of their other albums have catchier songs, but this one's just well put together from start to finish.

Last edited:

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    there's definitely more but here's a few i snagged from pandora
    unknown mortal orchestra - all albums, although I haven't listened to the latest one in depth
    homeshake - yet again, all albums.
    mac demarco - all albums, his by far are my favorite. he's like all I listen to.
    tyler the creator - cherry bomb
    k lamar - to pimp a butterfly
    modest mouse - good news for people who love bad news, the lonesome crowded west
    cage the elephant - thank you, happy birthday and melophobia
    wavves - king of the beach

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    tyler the creator - cherry bomb

yo thats cool. i've really never met a Tyler fan who preferred Cherry Bomb to his other pieces. personally i prefer Wolf bc it had a positive affect on me as a person but the tracks like Smuckers/Blow My Load/Deathcamp/Darkstains really go in. what makes you choose this LP opposed to his other releases? (just curious haha)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    yo thats cool. i've really never met a Tyler fan who preferredn Cherry Bomb to his other pieces. personally i prefer Wolf bc it had a positive affect on me as a person but the tracks like Smuckers/Blow My Load/Deathcamp/Darkstains really go in. what makes you choose this LP opposed to his other releases? (just curious haha)

there's something about cherry bomb that i found extremely relatable at the time, the album just kind of spoke to me in some ways and it's just bangin' tbh. that and i haven't fully heard the rest of his albums oops. but from what i've heard wolf would be a close second, tamale is my favorite song of his.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Baseball by Say Anything, Broken Bride by Ludo, and Pretty. Odd. by Panic! At The Disco.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm going to spare you all and myself the pain and agony of writing out something about everything. So here's just a basic ass list.

My Everything - Ariana Grande
    1000 Forms of Fear - Sia
    Hold Your Colour - Pendulum
    De-loused in the Comatorium - The Mars Volta
    Come Around Sundown - Kings of Leon
    Thirteenth Step - A Perfect Circle
    Around the Fur - Deftones
    Halcyon - Ellie Goulding
    Back to Bedlam - James Blunt
    Born This Way - Lady Gaga
    Torches - Foster the People
    Konk - The Kooks
    Led Zeppelin III - Led Zeppelin
    A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
    X - Ed Sheeran

I sure haven't listened to much new stuff, have I? lmao I expect Kendrick Lamar and 30 Seconds to Mars to make it in that list at some point. Been listening to them a lot lately. Also Dangerous Woman, sorry, you're great, but you have not hit all the chords with me like My Everything did and still does. I could say the same for Sia's This is Acting following 1000 Forms of Fear, but hmm. I almost put them both there, but went with FoF because I feel like it was more personal than TiA. Not that TiA is bad by any means, it's fantastic. But FoF felt more raw and real and written for Sia whereas I know TiA were all written for other people and rejected. For no good reason either, come to think of it. It's an amazing album.

Back to Bedlam will probably always resonate with me far beyond my comprehension because it just always has been above me and I can't seem to get on an equal level with it. I don't know. It's like ten years old now (no it's 12 I double checked) and that's weird. Which I get a lot of flack for liking that when I talk about it with friends and I'm like "did you know that there's more than just You're Beautiful on this album" because???? Wisemen??? Out of My Mind??? BILLY..........Billy....damn.

I'm starting to talk out of my ass now so I'm going away lmao...

Back