• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
  • [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]
    Fei Zero - Level 1 - Team ????
    In yet another predicament

So...here's the run down.

I was rounding the corner on my way to the library, still staring at the ground, when I accidentally bump right into a stranger girl. As I wasn't paying any attention, I lost balance myself & end up falling down with her. This is usually how it ends up for me, & it never ends well. I fail to regain my balance with my hands & fall on top of her. "Oww..." OK, that kinda hurt. Now I regret coming to this school.

I blink a few times & try to grasp the situation I'm in. My hand...that's a strange feeling. My hand is on the girl's right leg. Ah! Crap crap crap! Not again! I look up at her face with a distraught expression. "Agh! Ah!" I try to get up as fast as I can, releasing my grip on her leg & stumble to get back on my feet. My face was red all over, still distraught. "I-I'm sorry! I-I-I...!" I couldn't get the words out. I took a look at her, & she's stunning. That hair color, that kimono. Ugh, why do bad things always happen to me?! "I'm...s-s-sorry...!" I whimper weakly.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Nilya Umbra

When the young man fell on Nilya, her mind jumped into panic mode. His hand had ended up on her right leg, the same leg she had decided to wrap her tail around to hide it! She could feel his hand putting pressure on her beautiful tail as well as her leg. The thought of being discovered and the many possible horrible fates began to flow through her mind.

'Calm down, maybe he did not notice. If he did perhaps I can distract his mind off of it,' thought the faunus as she quickly forced a calm look on her face. Looking up at the embarrassed student she gave him a warm smile and calmly said, "You should look up when you walk. Staring at the floor not only leads into running into people, but tends to make you look depressed and lacking confidence." Her voice was soft and her words flowed from her mouth almost as if she was singing soft notes to a song. She was still worried as she spoke, but she had to hide it from him so she did not further tip him off.

Glancing over she noticed that he had caused her to drop her coffee. Staring at the spilled liquid as she removed the sunglasses from her face her mind formed a plan. After hiding the glasses in her kimono she commented on the pool of liquid gathering around the white disposable cup on the floor, "It appears you have caused me to spill my drink." Her smile grew as she slowly held out her left hand to the new student as she looked up at him from her sitting position on the floor.

"A gentleman would help a lady up, and offer to replace the drink he spilled," suggested the faunus to the apologizing man. "I find the white chocolate mochas the campus coffee shop makes quite delightful," added Nilya as she looked over the man. She needed to figure out if he realized what he had accidentally touched, or if he was too embarrassed to consider that he had discovered her secret.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Fei Zero - Level 1 - Team ????
    Tongue-twisted

Shockingly, this young lady didn't react like most others. It's rare for this to occur to me. She just smiled at me & spoke calmly. It was as if she were singing in the meadows. "Y-yeah, I...get that a lot..." I spoke slightly embarressed, smiling shyly. I swear, this usually never happens to me. Most girls would just outright label me a pervert. I'll just take what I can get.

She mentions her spilled call, & she says that with a smile. Is she one of those girls who are more terrifying with a smile?? Help me...! ...Oh, she's not. She's just offering her hand to me so that I can help her up. She goes on about being a gentleman to a lady. Uh...I spilled her coffee. Why me? "...I-I'm very sorry!" I help her up as carefully as I can. I'm blushing just standing next to her. I mean, the closest I've ever come to a girl is always very inappropriate. I don't think I'm apologizing enough though. "I-I promise I'll g-get you s-some c-c-coff-fee." I try to talk. I am not very good at socializing. "I-I don't know where the coffee shop is-s. I-If you could show me w-where the place is, I-I can buy you the mocha you want-t." I try to offer. I wonder if I have enough money to make the purchase. I'm just glad she's the reasonable type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]
    -Team SHLD
    Selena Harter
    Harley Barrett
    Lars Berrardi
    Dylan Arrianou
    Long Time Coming​

"So what exactly happened, where's the Faunus?" The professional pressed, trying to get as much information as possible from the apparently tight lipped students.

Lars shot a knowing glare towards Selena, with the latter knowingly avoiding eye contact. "Go ahead Selena, why don't you let him know what happened?" He said harshly, refusing to avert his gaze from the nervous girl. Of course, he had his own agenda, but it was rare that his own desires lined up with those in authority. Selena was, for once, in the wrong; not that he was thinking about that now.

"I uh…" The girl began nervously, rubbing her arm. "I failed to catch the Faunus. I'm sorry." She winced, glancing back at Lars in the hope that he wouldn't explain the extent of the situation. He was still glaring at her. She knew he had no reason to defend her, but for some reason, he said no more, and she was thankful for it. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest at the thought that this situation all fell back down on her. With her grades and reputation in school as good as they were, she really didn't need to be seen as a complete failure after only her first mission.

"Foster, what the hell happened with you guys?" The head huntsman blurted out as he noticed Foster, his partner and Harley trudge through the bushes. What caught his attention, was the injured figure that the teacher was carrying on his back.

"Grimm. A lot of them." Foster responded rather flatly. "This one managed to take out a few of them with that semblance of his. Damn thing turned out to be pretty useful." He continued as he placed Dylan on the ground. "They must have been drawn by your argument earlier." He added, glancing between Harley and the head huntsman.

"We found the boy. Yes, just a boy." Harley pointed out, much to the annoyance of the head huntsman. "Thankfully, he survived too." She continued, aggravating the man further. The student opened her mouth, preparing to continue her passive aggressive rant, but held her tongue due to the sharp glare Foster sent her way. Before anyone could begin to rally the group to further any sort of plans, a Faunus boy quickly darted past, throwing everyone off guard. Everyone except Lars, who was quick to notice the straggler, the sight of whom left him with a creeping grin.

"Lars…no." Selena began sternly, trying to talk the young huntsman out of darting after the Faunus, but her effort was fruitless. Within seconds, Lars had already began his pursuit and disappeared deep into the forest. Selena was quick to act in following behind, was stopped by a tug on her arm.

"We don't need the group splitting again, we've seen what happens when we trim our numbers. If there are as many Grim as Foster's saying there is running wild, we'd be best sticking together from here on out." The Head huntsman said, holding on to the arm of Selena, who glanced in the direction Lars had run off to, before glancing back at the man. "We'll catch up to him, just hear me out." He added, yanking the girl's arm to falter any resistance she was still putting up.

"I'm going after him." Selena hissed defiantly.

"You can. Just not alone." Harley stepped forward with authority, giving an assured nod to the head huntsman. "Foster, make sure you guys keep Dylan safe."

"Carla, Rhett, you two go with them." The head huntsman ordered to his subordinates. As the quadruplet chased into the forest, the head huntsman turned his attention to Foster. "So what no? You need to get that kid back to school."

"We will. First, we need to buy them some time." The school teacher took out a pack of cigarettes. He lit the first, and passed it to his new comrade, and lit the second in his mouth. "That kid must've been running from something, right?" He grinned, waiting for the impending stampede of Grim.
    Damn Monkey. Lars groaned to himself as the faunus he was chasing was now leaping between tree branches. If he were on the ground, Lars would be able to catch him easily. He could just dart past him, but then the bastard would be able to turn as soon as he took his eyes off of him. Unfortunately for Lars, he'd done just that. In the few moments that Lars had taken to consider his options, the faunus had cut the branch he'd landed on, causing it to land in the path of his pursuer. Lars grinned. It seemed Foster's Semblance development classes weren't for nothing. Thanks to his ability, he was able to seamlessly slide under the compact gap between the ground and falling log, and recover into a running position. Using his momentum, he was able to spring from the ground onto a nearby tree, and on to the branch the faunus was about to land on, knocking him out of his leap.

"Nooooo! You're not stopping me!" The faunus growled, making another attempt to dart past Lars. Again, he was tackled by the impulsive human, stopping him in his tracks. "I need to get to Misk. I told him I'd protect her." He began to whisper to himself in a panic.

"I don't know who this Misk chick is, but if it means that much to ya, I'll freakin protect her, but you're gonna have to take me down first." Lars grinned, seemingly please with the deal he'd offered.

"Lars!" Selena called from the distance. In the moment of distraction, the faunus again found attempted to lose his pursuer, and this time successfully found himself in the clear. Like the last time he'd found the opportunity to take on a faunus, it was taken away from him by an obstacle in the form of a light arrow.

"Selena, what the ****?" Lars yelled, with a clear sense of frustration in his cracking voice. He jumped down from the branch, gave a sharp glare to his teammate.

"She should be asking you the same question. I'd ask you what the hell's wrong with you, but we'd be here all day if we waited for every right answer." Harley stamped forward, seemingly furious with Lars' antics.

"You saw me, I had him right there! How about we get to asking Selena why this is the second time she's stopped me from getting this stupid mission done." Lars argued, squaring up to Harley.

"Good, she's done herself a favour then. You and that stupid 'professional' huntsman are all about killing the Faunus because you're too stupid to realise that they're just people." She responded harshly, not even giving Selena a chance to defend herself. Unfortunately for the blonde however, the two professionals did linger on the issue. Both turned and glared at the student.

"You kids seem to have gotten the wrong idea here. We're here to capture the faunus, we kill only if necessary. We know what Tyson said, but that's not what the mission was described as. It seems as though we have a bigger problem here than Faunus anyway. It looks like there's a ridiculous amount of Grim activity on this island, and that should be our priority, as is probably the case with the boy speedy Gonzalez over here was chasing." Carla announced, catching everyone's attention. Her speech didn't provoke any immediate response from the students, so she took the initiative of continuing in the direction the Faunus had went. Shortly after, the others accepted and followed behind.

Inland:Mountain Base​

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Nilya and Varik Umbra​

After standing with the young man's help, Nilya quickly dusted off her vibrant clothing as she listened to the new student stumble over his words. Looking into his eyes she saw the fear and nervousness in them indicating he was likely not faking it. If he was, he was as good as her when it comes to faking his emotions.

"A new student I see. I will show you the cafe, it is very useful for the long nights as long as you can afford their high prices," stated Nilya as she fixed a few strands of her hair, and secretly insuring her fox ears were well hidden within her long purple locks. "Also please settle down, I am fine. No harm was done and I understand it was an accident. Now that is out of the way how about introductions: my name is Nilya Umbra," she said as she turned around and motioned for the new student to follow her back in the direction she had come from, but before she could take a step someone down the hall behind them called her name.

She suddenly stopped and she heard someone yell her first name. Her eyes locked on an approaching man that had yelled her name. He was wearing a rather worn leather jacket and odd clothing with custom added armor plates that looked a little roughed up. The man walked up to Nilya and immediately drew her into a hug, which she welcomed by returning the hug lovingly. "Nilya it seems like there is some sort of competition or tournament going on they are sending teams to kill Grimm. I thought it might be a good excuse to get away from here," said the man with a strong confident tone of voice as they ended the hug.

"Fresh air would be nice, but teams here traditionally have four members," replied Nilya softly. She then looked over to Fei with a smile and said, "And this is my husband Varik. Varik this man just got here... we accidentally ran into each other and were going to get some coffee." 

Varik turned and looked at Fei, giving the younger man a quick look over before holding out his hand to Fei while saying, "Welcome to the school."

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Fei Zero - Level 1 - Team NAFV
    Probably in deep trouble

This stranger was actually understanding my apology. Most others wouldn't even give me a chance. Is this my one lucky day or something? She introduces herself as Nilya Umbra, some pretty student who wears a kimono. I want a kimono now... Before I could introduce myself, some guy came out of nowhere & hugs Nilya out of the blue. She must know him, since she hugs him back...or she's just doing that so it doesn't feel awkward. I don't know.

He said something about a tournament or something, but that's all I heard. Nilya introduces his husband, Varik, which catches me by surprise. She's married, & he looks very intimidating. I start to sweat, especially remembering how the situation would transpire under certain circumstances. Then again, it looks like he doesn't know, but I still know, & that's enough to make me sweat. "H-happy to be here! Ha ha!" I laugh nervously as I shake his hand, keeping eye contact in a weird way. "M-my name is Fei Zero, new student! Shallweheadtothec-c-coffeeshopthen?" I am so bad at making conversation, I sweat an ocean from my forhead. At least, that's how it feels all the time.

I don't know how bad an impression I'm making in front of Varik. Would he beat me up? Would he assume something happened? Would he just think I'm weird & just go along with it? I'm all for the latter. I just hope I can get through this... Help me.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years

Jairo Xill
    Sahn Xill
    Mira Cullous
    Nel Phelia
    Sasha Abramovich
    Nakahiko Mitsuki
    Artemis Gale
    Paxton Vacik
    Sullivan Kruxheart
    Tenerus Stone
    Liara Daphone
    Lucinda Teras

The giant snakelike grimm writhed at the top of the mountain, crushing boulders and trees like bits of dust beneath it's coiled form. The horde of death stalkers was still crawling up the mountain, enraged and determined to devour their prey. Trapped in the middle were twelve unfortunate students.

Paxton looked back and forth between the incoming threats. Someone had to do something, and quick.

"Yo, guys! We need to split up and take these things out! Otherwise we're gonna be toast!" He looked back at the Artemis, who seemed surprised to see the usually lax boy taking initiative. "You three go help the dudes up top, we've got the stalkers!" With that, he turned, motioning to Sacha, Naka, Sahn and Sully.

"Let's go buy them some time."

Clicks, snaps, and cocking noises sounded as the group warily unsheathed their weapons, and moved down the mountain towards the black mound of scorpions.

Mira gulped. "Alright..." she muttered, and turned to Artemis. "If we could put our differences aside for once, and do this... for both[/i[ our teams... from one leader to another, are you ready?"

Artemis slowly nodded. "We have our objective. Now let's complete it." She pulled on her rifle's strap, and loaded a fresh magazine.

The three made their way to the summit, reconvening with the last remaining members of STLL, as they prepared to attack. "Tenerus!" Mira called out, much to the swordsman's surprise. "We won't let you two do this alone. With our combined efforts, we'll topple it." she said, turning to Liara as well.

Nel looked up at the beast, which was looking on at the group strangely, almost as if enjoying the fact its food had more than doubled in quantity. "That thing's not going to stay still forever... I'm guessing you have a plan to take care of it, eh?" she said, an almost imperceptible, sly grin creeping up her mouth.

"Yes." Mira nodded. "We'll need everyone to do this, so hear me out." she said, eyeing the dragon warily as it began circling them. "You - Liara, is it - you have a steam semblance. You'll use that to distract the dragon. Keep it on your tail, and make sure it's always focused on you rather than us."

For a second Liara opened her mouth as if to say something, but promptly decided against it after a look at Tenerus. "Right. Got it."

"The other four of us are going to try and damage it as much as possible. Tire it out, find an unarmored spot, anything." the owl faunus continued. "Nel and Tenerus... You two work best at close range. SO you'll be climbing on top of it."

Ten stared at Mira incredulously. "Do you mean to say-"

"Climbing it?!" Nel exclaimed, her eyes growing wide. "Like, going on top of it climb?"

"Yes. Now hear me out, I have a-"

"Why aren't we starting?! Let's get going, then!" the hawk faunus urged on.

"Wait, Nel, don't!" was all Mira could say before her fellow teammate raised her razor rings, unleashing a blast of air towards the draconic Grimm. The latter roared as the blade of air made contact, slightly knocking it off its circular course and snapping it out of its predatory trance. "Liara, do the thing, NOW! Get it off our baaaAAAAAHHHH!!"

The five hunstmen rolled out of the way, just barely dodging the beast's tail as it slammed down on them, causing chunks of rock and dirt to fly off the side of the mountaintop cliff. Liara, who had rolled in the opposite direction from the other four, raised her blade. "Hey, ****head! Over here! You wanna ruin my day, you go all out, b****!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, before blasting out a massive cloud of scalding hot steam from the sword straight at the dragon's face. The latter roared in pain, shifting its attention from the larger group to the single person that was causing it trouble. "Oh, crap." the human huntress muttered.

[IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]

"Nel, Ten, we'll cover you! Go, now!" Mira yelled as the bladed tip of her spear retracted to reveal a gun. "Liara, keep it locked on to you!"

The two faunus nodded and sheathed their weapons. Taking advantage of Liara's distraction, Nel sprinted towards the edge of the cliff where the dragon's back was turned. Its outer skin, covered in layers upon layers of dark, jagged scales, was perfect for climbing. Boosting her leap with an air blast, the hawk girl found herself giggling uncontrollably as she landed on the Grimm. Despite its rough skin tearing away at her hands and clothes, she was relishing this experience. "Come on, big guy! Gonna let a girl beat ya at this?" she teased, waving at Tenerus down below.

Heeding the beckon of the chiding girl, Tenerus leapt towards the beast's writhing body, plunging his sword into it's thick, scaly hide as he landed. Spying Nel moving farther up the grimm's snakelike body, he called to her. "We must work together to fell this beast! I shall meet you at it's head!" With great effort, he pulled his sword from the blackish wound in which it was embedded, and broke into a sprint towards the head.

All the while, Liara had been keeping the dragon busy. Dodging tail slam after tail slam, blasting more steam into its face, she was getting tired - but the dragon showed no signs of relenting. Suddenly, just as it prepared to lift its tail again, it stopped and turned to Artemis and Mira. One blow had struck too hard, and they were going to pay the price for it. The beast reared its head momentarily, before opening its mouth, spewing jet-black flames at the pair.

Reacting instantly, Mira snapped her staff in half, transforming it into its sword and shield form, before throwing the shield violently at the flame. "Move out of the way!" she yelled at Artemis behind her. Projecting the shape of her shield in front of her, she deflected the flames, wincing as she tried to keep the weapon fixed in midair.

Artemis had dodged the Grimm's flames just in time, as the spot where she had been using for cover erupted into dark flames. The faunus girl was barely able to maintain her stance as the dragon's fire blasted her defenses. Firing round clip after clip into the monster, Artemis ran from tree to tree, rock to rock, desperately trying to gain some of it's attention. It wasn't working. The grimm was intent on roasting Mira to a black crisp. Unfortunately, the girl's strength was no match to a dragon. Mira screamed in pain as the black flames pushed her shield back further and further, the flames getting closer and closer. She opened her eyes momentarily to glance at Artemis. "Help..." she croaked.

The fire began to singe the edges of the girl's hair and clothing. With nothing left to do, Artemis took a deep breath and put all other thoughts from her mind, focusing on the gigantic grimm. The form of the beast remained black as night, seemingly impervious to major damage. However, as time continued to flow by in slow motion, a faint purple glow shone from a spot on the creature's head. A nostril, or breathing hole of some sort was the source of the light. Artemis knew what she had to do, though she would only have one shot.

As the girl's focus waned, time sped up back to normal, and Mira was pushed to a kneel. Grabbing a special magazine from her belt, Artemis loaded her rifle. Dust-infused bullets. She just hoped they would be powerful enough for what she was about to do.

Jumping out from behind the her cover, she raced at full speed towards the edge of the mountain, and the raging dragon. Leaping up to the highest point of the summit's pile of boulders, she took aim. Noticing a new morsel in it's vicinity, the beast swung it's head around, nearly knocking off the two figures that were racing atop it's back. And as it did, Artemis fired.

Shot after shot, the raven-haired girl fired the entire clip into the monster's "nose". Bright explosions shone from the cavities, and the beast shuddered and halted it's assault for a moment, giving the owl girl just enough time to release her hold on her shield and roll away.

Back on top the dragon, the two huntsmen-turned-dragon-climbers had made the most of the beast's stupor. For the brief moment it had stopped writhing around, Nel and Tenerus had managed to make their way to its head. Grasping tightly onto the scale which essentially prevented her from falling to her death, Nel unsheathed one of her razor rings with her free hand. "Hey tough guy!" she called out to Tenerus behind her. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" she said with a disturbingly wide grin.

"If you are thinking that we destroy this foul creature, then yes!" Tenerus busied himself with slashing at the creatures scales, which seemed to only produce mere scratches. "We must a spot that is vulnerable!"

"Uuugh..." Nel groaned and rolled her eyes. "You're lucky I've got... experience with bigger targets. Watch and learn!" With that, she hopped over to the dragon's forehead - right next to its 'face', where her target was. Two giant, glaring black beads, fixed on the human below them in bloodthirsty rage. Nel unsheathed her other blade.

Strange... I'm almost getting a feeling of déja vu... she thought to herself before leaping off its forehead and bringing the rings down onto the grimm's eyes.

"GROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

The dragon roared in agony, writhin around as black blood squirted out of its nostrils and (formerly) eyes. Nel, clinging on for dear life to one of its horns, turned to Tenerus behind her, giggling uncontrollably. "Well? Go on, give it a go! We didn't climb on here for nothing, did we?"

Tenerus looked at the girl with a hint of disdain. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"

Sword in hand, Tenerus slid down to where Nel had gouged the grimm's eyes. Plunging his sword into the wounded socket, he dragged the blade through the exposed tissue. The beast roared in pain, thick black smoke leaking from around the impaled sword. Flames spurted from the dragon's mouth once more, as it blindly attempted to incinerate anything below. And right in it's path were Artemis and Mira, the former attempting to help the latter to safety.

We have to turn this thing around! Ten thought desperately to himself. With a flash of inspiration, he grabbed the hilt of his sword, still embedded in the wounded eye, and yanked it as har das he could to the left. The grimm wailed in pain, and jerked to the left, altering it's course away from the slash of pain.

"Nel! I believe we can steer this creature away from our allies!" he said. The hawk faunus' eyes grew wide at this realization. Following Ten's example, she drove one of her rings into the exposed eye socket, and yanked sideways in the same direction he had. Just as predicted, the dragon, as if trying to escape the agony, steered away from the mountaintop cliff where Mira, Artemis and Lira were, and straight towards the horde of Death Stalkers - which was slowly overtaking the other seven students who had stayed behind.

Her face and arms now covered in black blood, Nel pulled out her ring from the dragon's eye. "My mom used to say..." she began, sliding down to its snout. "Fight fire with fire!" she screamed at the top of her lungs as she blasted a sharp blade of air down the dragon's nostrils. After a brief semi-hiccup, the grimm lurched violently, belching out a massive, black fireball which rained down onto the scorpions.

As the fighters below tried their best to avoid the flames raining from above, the acid-blasting scorpions had found themselves new target. Nel and Ten saw globs of thick, viscous liquid shoot past them, splattering onto the dragon's hide, the corrosive substance bubbling though its scales.

Tenerus grabbed Nel's arm. "Listen!" he hissed. "We have to get aw- aaaaAARGHH!" he screamed in agony as a gob of the liquid smacked into his chest, instantly meting away his armor. Before Nel had any time to react, his body was flung off the dragon's head - and into the emptiness below.

"No!" Artemis screamed. She laid down Mira, propping her up against a rock. "Stay out of sight." she quickly mouthed before setting off to where Tenerus had fallen. I can't have anyone die... not on my watch. she thought as she activated her semblance. Suddenly, all the action around her seemed to slow down. Tenerus' falling body; the dragon above them; the stampeding Death Stalkers. She had to think of a way to catch him. Suddenly, a patch of purple appeared in the distance - the silhouette of a person. "Sacha!" Artemis yelled out. "Boost me, now!"

The girl wasted no time in obeying her leader's command. Artemis felt a sudden blast of thick air appear underneath her feet, propelling her forward toward Ten's body. Then with a sickening lurch, she slammed into him. Ten was still falling - only now with her at his side. With no time left to react, Artemis closed her eyes and braced herself for impact with the ground.

It never came. Instead the two felt themselves gradually slowing down midair, before landing into a pair of burly, bristled arms. Mira stood a few feet away, her spear raised as she painstakingly lowered the two into Sahn's arms. The spider woman swung the two hunstmen over her shoulders, managing to reach the exhausted owl faunus just before she collapsed. A short distance away, she heard her brother call out for her.

"Go put 'em somewhere safe! We still got business to take care of, sis!" Jairo ordered, nimbly escaping a tail stab from a Death stalker and unloading his gun into its face. Behind him were the other members of SNAP and STLL - now joined by Liara - each pair fighting their own Grimm. To think I would be fighting alongside humans... Life's got a way of weavin' ya over, doesn't it. he thought to himself, smirking.

-------------​

Yet back on the dragon, a masochistically elated hawk faunus having the joyride of her life. Nel was now giggling uncontrollably, the laughs causing her to choke on both the dragon's blood and her own - but it didn't matter. Life was good on this dragon. Using her blades, she could steer the beast as much as she wanted. She was in control, she could burn anything to the ground.

This was when she realized something. The eye holes which she had been using as steering wheels were slowly ejecting her blades. Regenerating. Suddenly, the last remaining sane piece of her fragmented mind resurfaced. This is not going to end well.

Back on the ground, Jairo and Paxton had finally finished taking down another Death Stalker, now joined by Sahn.

"Did you make a headcount?" the diminutive spider faunus asked.

"Yes." Sahn replied. She pointed up at the Grimm. "Nel's missing."

"Oh for f- spitting out loud, WHAT?! She's still on the bloody dragon?" he put two hands on his head in exasperation. "How in the bleedin' hell are we-"

"Well, I could help you with that, little man." He felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Paxton.

"What?! Who're you calling-" Jairo began, before getting interrupted by Sahn nudging him.

"That semblance of yours... it's used through your violin, isn't it? And with what I got-" he said, quickly snapping his gun into its original phone form and back, "-we could deliver some pretty... smashing results."

The annoyed scowl on Jairo face slowly shifted into an wide-eyed grin. "Bloody hell, and I was thinkin' all of you humans were bad..." he muttered to himself as he unsheathed his instrument and chucked it at Pax. "Do your thing, then."

He watched as Pax hands began glowing blue and the violin twisted and rearranged itself into a more powerful, conical shape. A few moments later, the human hunter tossed it back at Jairo. "Won't last long! The bass amplifier I added to the s-"

"Spare me the tech talk! How does it work?" the spider faunus asked, eyeing the dragon worryingly.

Paxton rubbed his nose, almost offended by the interruption. "You play your music, and I'll keep boosting you from a distance. Go!"

Jairo wasted no time setting up. I call this piece... Dragonfall. The second his bow rubbed against the string, a massive soundwave blasted from the violin's nozzle, which would have knocked back Jairo had he not been held back by his sister.

"Keep playing!" Paxton exclaimed. "It's working!"

The blast of sound had now condensed into a continuous stream, aimed straight at the dragon's head, where Nel was. Thankfully, the hawk girl's enhanced hearing saved her - now snapped out of her bloodthirsty trance, she was trying her best to hold the dragon still. However before she could do anything, the soundwave hit the grimm's head - and Nel along with it. Knocked off-balance, she lost her footing and tumbled off the edge, rings still in hand. Thankfully for her, she was still conscious; allowing her to use her semblance to gracefully glide-and-faceplant to the ground.

Meanwhile, Dreadsong's power was now taking effect on the Grimm. The dragon was writhing in pain, doing its best to get away from the source of the sound in confused, blind terror. It began circling back to its original shelter, still blasted by the Death Stalkers.

"Jairo... You have to stop." Sahn suddenly warned her brother. However this was to no avail - there was nothing to be stopped now anymore. The dragon, in its confused state, missed its entrance hole by a long shot - and slammed into the cliffside.

The music suddenly stopped as the ground beneath the fighters began trembling. "Oh crap, oh crap..." Pax muttered. "This isn't good, this isn't go-"

With a sickening crash and howl from the dragon, the entire cliff collapsed.

A joint post of Foxrally and GreyBidoof

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Varik and Nilya Umbra

Giving Fei a firm handshake Varik replied with brutal honestly, "You don't look or sound happy to be here. You look scared..." The roguish man looked the boy over and added, "You came here armed so unlike some you appear to at least an idea on how you want to fight the Grimm. Hopefully a little training will..."

Varik was interrupted by Nilya reaching up and gently pulling his head down so she could whisper in his eye. As she spoke undecipherable words into her husband's ear they both looked at Fei. Once she was done Varik straightened up with a smile, "Fei, if you are worried about me being mad about you running into Nilya do not worry. I know you meant no harm. Since your new we can give you a quick tour while on our way to the coffee shop." The man then turned around causing his small cape that was exclusively over his right shoulder to almost wrap around his body. The couple gave Fei a quick tour of the campus on the way to the coffee shop.

The small coffee shop was situated in a small nook close to one of the main libraries. It was small, but the smell of coffee could easily be smelled down the hall as the three approached. They walked up to the line at the cash register where a young woman was trying to take someone's order, who was more interested in the small television that was situated on the left wall of the coffee shop. The TV was portraying news about Faunus that had been spotted trying to hiding in Vale and were being deported back to Menagerie. Seeing an opportunity to see how Fei thought of her kind, Nilya asked in her calm gentle voice, "What do you think of the Faunus' intrusion into our lands? Do you think the punishment should be harsher than that for the animals that did not stay where they were told to?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE] [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]
    Fei Zero & Amane Levi - Team NAFV
    Everything happening so fast

I guess Varik was evaluating me. It's a little embarrassing to say the least. Nilya pulls him aside & whispers something to him. I'm a little curious what she's saying to him, but I'm no eavesdropper. As soon as Varik speaks to me afterward, I immediately blush & pay no mind to his cape, rather I pay mind to how he responds. Did she tell him exactly what happened? You know what, I don't wanna know. "Y-yes yes a tour sounds nice!" I agree rashly, following closely behind him

Honestly, the campus is better than I expected. There are some places I wish to check out later. We enter a coffee shop that's pretty small. Looks like a quiet place to relax. There was something showing on the small television about Faunus, & I just wondered how they ended up in that situation. That's when Nilya decided to ask me what I thought about Faunus entirely. "Honestly..." I looked at the weapon I had attached to my side. "I wish this world didn't have any problems. That's why I need to fight. For those who can't protect themselves. Be they Human or Faunus, I won't just let anything happen to them." I stared at Nilya for a moment before sweating. "I-it's not like I enjoy f-fighting or anything!"

"What do you mean you don't have my snack!?" That...must be the person in front of us. I look ahead of us &, looking closely, a girl with a scythe on her back is making a scene. "It's a cinnamon roll filled with strawberry juice! Ugh!" Is that such a bug deal? "Forget the coffee! This place blows." She turns around & takes a quick look at us. "& what are you looking at?" She asks very haughty. She also has red eyes with some butterfly accessories. Interesting actually...

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Varik and Nilya Umbra

"So your a defensive fighter? What is your preferred battling tactics? How does your weapons work?" asked Varik as they stepped into line, on the other hand Nilya responded with a simple smile and a nod of approval to Fei's response. Nilya knew Varik was basically interviewing this kid for forming one of these teams, and she would not interrupt her enthusiastic husband at this time. Nilya was warming up to the idea as well. She was less concerned about his abilities than how he would react if her secret was discovered.

The woman in front of them suddenly went off about the shop lacking an item of food and began to storm off. Varik lifted an eyebrow when she asked what they were looking at and replied, "An adult throwing a fit over not getting the treat they wanted, and acting like a child." Nilya placed her hand over her face at her husband's honestly. 'Here we go again,' the faunus thought.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE] [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]
    Coffee trouble/Dumb people

Earlier Varik was asking me all kinds of questions about my battle tactics & how my weapon works. I've never been put on the spot like this...except for misunderstandings. But back to the matter at hand. Varik, I think, was starting to pick a fight with some random girl. She gave Varik a quick look over & just scoffed. "That insult is as pathetic as your clothes. & those scars. & that bedhead. & what's with that cape?" Did she just dis at his whole...everything? That's just uncalled for.

Honestly though, I don't see what's the deal with the cape. But no way he's ever gonna hear that from me!

"Seriously, were you raised in a farm? Your appearance just tells me you get into tons of trouble, & I want nothing to do with that." I don't think she's paying any attention to Nilya or I. She's just laying it out on Varik. "But if you were, I don't see why they let you attend this academy. Hm, they must be getting desperate if they're willing to let bozos like you in." She places her left hand on her cheek, almost as if she feels sorry for the faculty. Should I say something here? I know I don't like seeing people fight, but I'm...a little scared to get in between these two bickering at each other.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Varik and Nilya Umbra

Varik turned his back to the woman as she insulted him, and placed an order for a white chocolate mocha and a hot green tea. Once done he moved to the side to let Fei order and said to the woman in a cold monotone voice, "I do not care what you think of my appearance. I am here because they wanted my skills and intelligence at their disposal. Now flutter off little butterfly before you find yourself crushed underfoot by those greater than you."

Nilya froze at this point as she looked at her husband then the woman. Varik had that tone of voice he used when he was talking down to someone. Considering all the woman's insults and behavior it was likely Varik thought of her as a loud mouth moron, who tried to use hollow words instead of actions to prove her "meaningless" existence. Usually this ended in a fight or the other person backing off when they realized Varik would not be talked down. Stepping up to tell Varik to just ignore her would result in Nilya becoming a target, which often led to Varik feeling the need to defend his wife's honor.

Nilya decided to just stand there and wait to see how this all unfolded. Sometimes Varik was frustrating, but part of that attitude is why Nilya fell in love with him in the first place.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Just getting coffee/Picking a fight

Clearly they are not getting along. Varik first orders then just plain insults her back. Honestly, I just want to get the coffee & get this over with. I quickly head to the counter & try to remember what coffee Nilya preferred.

"I find the white chocolate mochas the campus coffee shop makes quite delightful."

White chocolate mochas. Honestly, I've never had that kind before. I wonder what it taste like? Anyway, I order a white chocolate mocha &, once finished, step aside. "Ord-dered your coffee now. White chocolate mocha was it?" I inform Nilya, rubbing the white part of my hair. I'm just making sure I got the right type of coffee.

"Ha! You? Greater than me? That's cute." Are they still at it? Please, just let it go... "The fact you think you're intelligent is laughable, but I'm not laughing." I swear, she could cut this conversation with just a swing of her scythe. Oh, wait. She has a scythe. That is not good. OK. That's enough. I need to break out of my shell, & someone needs to intervene in this.

Slowly trying to get between the two, I try to make myself noticable. "Um, m-maybe we can s-settle-"

"...Never. Interrupt. Me." She had her scythe right around my neck. My forehead feels cold. Is it blue? She puts away her scythe, & I'm still frozen in fear. She turns back to Varik & places her left hand on her hip. "So, you think you're better than me, do ya? Why don't settle this..." That's what I was trying to suggest. "...with a test of our strength." That's what I was NOT trying to suggest.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Team FEAR
    (condensed for reduction of clutter and broken in the middle for your convenience)

Spoiler:

Don?t be the next name on the Victim List when you take a stroll in the woods. Gugner & Sons: quality materials, quality protection. Life is invaluable. Spare no expense in defending yours.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Varik and Nilya Umbra

?Dueling grounds in one hour,? replied Varik in a cold voice that matched his icy eyes. A confident smirk slowly grew on his face as he stared at the woman. His posture was relaxed and his attitude was dismissive toward the big talker he was about to put in her place.

Nilya reached up and gently put her hand on Fei?s shoulder. She whispered to him in a soft tone, ?Sometimes it is best not to step in the middle of a fight. Your intentions are noble, but you need to learn how and when to step in. Now let us get our drinks and sit down.? She then grabbed the cup Fei had ordered and one of the cups Varik had ordered leaving a single hot drink on the counter. She then gracefully walked over to a nearby table and sat the drinks on it before slowly and carefully taking her seat to insure she did not accidentally sit on her tail.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Things got real/Challenge accepted

Is this really happening? Are they really going to fight for no reason?! I can't stand that! "Hmph. I'll be there." Without another word, the girl waltzes out of here, not even looking back. She didn't even order anything properly. What's worse, Varik is going to fight her for who knows what.

I don't know how uncomfortable I am with this. Nilya just places a hand on my shoulder & I freeze up as she whispers to me. Honestly, I just blush from hearing her voice, but come to my senses as I reach for the extra drink on the counter. I walk over to the table Nilya chose & sat down across the table. "I can't believe that really just happened. D-did that really just happen?" I just ask myself. There is no way I'm ever going to forget this incident.

I need to know. I need to know why he decided to challenge that girl. Someone, or anyone in that battle, is gonna get hurt. "Varik. Listen to me very closely." I stare at his eyes very closely, to examine his reaction & way of answering. "What reason do you have to beat up a total stranger? That's just asking for trouble. Answer me honestly." I await an answer from him, without averting my eyes. Sure, I can be shy around...anyone, but I despise fighting above all else, least of all fighting for stupid reasons.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Varik and Nilya Umbra

?She was looking for a fight,? replied Varik calmly as he moved over to the table Nilya had selected. ?I am not going to kill her, and with her attitude it is only a matter of time before she gets into fight. Might as well be someone who can beat her and at the same time will not try to kill or maim her for life. She is dangerous to herself and others as we saw when she threatened you with her weapon for a minor interruption. I honestly thought she was all talk and once someone stood up to her she would back down,? replied Varik calmly as he sat down right next to Nilya and picked up his drink and took a sip.

Nilya let her fatigue show again as she took a sip of her drink and then leaned over so her head was resting on Varik?s right arm. ?Rik be honest, your pride, reputation, and general stubbornness are also driving you not to back down,? added Nilya calmly before taking another sip of her drink.

Varik glanced down at Nilya and sighed before adding, ?There is that? trying to keep a particular reputation I guess. Not that it has actually helped accomplish the goal yet, but appearing as a coward who is all talk will not help.?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Fei Zero - Level 1 - Team NAFV
    Chatting

OK, the scythe around my neck part did scare me. J-just a bit! I still felt uneasy about this fight, despite Varik's...reason for fighting her. Nilya points out his real reason for picking a fight with her, & I just sigh. Quite stubborn he is then. Why can't people just get along? It sickens me. Then again, I suppose everyone has their own way of communicating. I glance at Varik & reply, "Just don't make anymore troublesome than it has to be." I look at my cup & take a sip. ...That's good actually.

"So tell me, um..."I didn't really have a topic to chat about. What to talk about... Oh! "Are you guys in a team actually? I'm not currently in one...on account I just got here. I-It's OK if you do. I don't really know anyone around here." I ask a little nervous. Honestly, I don't really have a team, & I could really use one so that at least I don't have to talk to myself...a lot. Why are you giving me that look? A-anyway, I wonder what team & people they would recommend? Nilya looks more like she would know.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • U
    Varik and Nilya Umbra

?I am not going to kill her or disable her unless she forces me to by trying to kill me,? replied Varik calmly while taking another sip of his drink. Nilya at this point had closed her eyes as she rested on Varik?s shoulder, clearly the coffee had not kicked in yet.

When Fei mentioned a team Varik smiled a bit and said, ?Well me and Nilya are a team, but we are not on any sort of offical team yet. I am interested in one so your welcome to join us. Be warned once I get a team together I plan to join the action on some island where they are hosting some sort of tournament.?

Varik leaned back a little and said, ?I have been trying to keep track of general information, news, and such on the school?s activities and their current tournament. Frankly I do not care about the stupid competition, I just want to kill the Grimm. However, I just heard a rumor today that... complicates things. Apparently faunus hunters have been spotted on the island.?

The word faunus seems to have gotten Nilya?s attention as her eyes slowly openned and her expression suddenly showed interest. Varik leaned in toward Fei before speaking at a lower volume, ?We have no desire to fight faunus, and we are fully willing to cooperate with faunus to help stop the Grimm. Many others here do not share that view. They want to fight both the faunus and the Grimm. We cannot be on a team with people with that those views, it could lead to? problems.? Varik?s voice shifted lower when he said problems, almost as if he was delivering a threat.

Nilya was next to speak, her tired eyes looking directly into Fei?s, ?That was the reasoning of my question to you eariler about faunus. I could see Varik was pushing the idea of forming a team again, but after the last attempt it was decided we needed to be careful. I welcome the idea of you joining us in the formation of a team.? Nilya?s eyes seemed to be looking into Fei?s soul as she spoke, but a warm smile on her face helped keep the look from being too hostile.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    Fei Zero - Level 1 - Team NAVF
    New Friends

I...think I've heard of this tournament. Although, I'm not a fan of fights. Varik is offering me to join in an official team with him & Nilya, but if I did accept, that would still leave us one member short. Varik does add that he would rather fight the Grimm, which I would accept, but then he informs me of Faunus Hunters on the very same island. That has me worried about who might be fighting.

Nilya woke up from Varik's as he continued to speak about Faunus. He came a little close for my comfort. I honestly don't like anyone getting hurt, Faunus included. I'm happy to hear that we have the same view point on Faunus & all. I guess that's why Nilya asked me that question earlier.

"Um..." I had to think hard if I was going to form a team with them. Varik looks pretty hot-headed, but I guess Nilya keeps him in check. I mean, it's not like I know anyone else here. I already know these two a bit, & I would just have another misunderstanding with another group if I tried to find another team out there. I sigh & reply, "Forgive me if my bad luck follows me, but if you're willing, I'm happy to join."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back