• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • I remember making a joke about VR Brutal Doom where I wanted to experience what would it be like for a player to play something as ultraviolent as Brutal Doom in an even more interactive medium. Heck, if a VR Brutal Doom arcade cabinet existed, I would surely use my powercard (because tokens are for peasants) and be there finishing the cabinet all day, everyday, in the f**king pants.

Then months ago, Bethesda marketed DOOM VR which made me chuckle.

I did not mean for my little joke to happen.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I felt VR was a gimmick when I had only experienced the cockulous rift. When I got a HTC vive I finally saw the potential since I could interact with my hands, walk around, crawl under stuff, etc... and it worked! It didn't have kinect tracking, it didn't constantly glitch out, it wasn't aggravating. It just worked! I could manipulate any objects I needed, I could rummage through cluttered drawers, push buttons, fire weapons, build bases, infiltrate bases, and go back in time to accept my job application and keep myself from getting fired in the future.

VR isn't meant to be experienced with a keyboard or controller. It defeats the purpose...

Yukari

I felt VR was a gimmick when I had only experienced the cockulous rift. When I got a HTC vive I finally saw the potential since I could interact with my hands, walk around, crawl under stuff, etc... and it worked! It didn't have kinect tracking, it didn't constantly glitch out, it wasn't aggravating. It just worked! I could manipulate any objects I needed, I could rummage through cluttered drawers, push buttons, fire weapons, build bases, infiltrate bases, and go back in time to accept my job application and keep myself from getting fired in the future.

VR isn't meant to be experienced with a keyboard or controller. It defeats the purpose...

I honestly think that the HTC Vive is the least practical and probably the most gimmicky and least practical. It's extremely expensive and demanding, requires a very large open area, and if you have physical disabilities or injuries you're kind of screwed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I really don't see anything that makes me question my current assessment

I really don't think that VR at this point is a good investment. It wouldn't surprise me if it improves a lot in the following years though, as the technology improves.

Arsenic

Years
  • While I'll give you that it is expensive and demanding, thus is the curse of real PC gaming. It's great for those who can afford it and not so much for those that cannot. As far as the space goes I just have the stuff screwed into the ceiling beams in my basement. I don't think I have it a very large area either, it's a 4x4 of those click together grip mats. I'll measure it later. And on disability... well all I can say is, you mean just as screwed as a blind man using the oculous rift? Any for of VR just isn't made for people with physical and especially visual disabilities. It's like bringing a deaf person to a music concert, they're probably not going to enjoy it very much.

On the contrary I think the OR is much more gimmicky. You can... well... look around. That's it. I got bored of it very quickly.

All in all I cannot see the gamers of the future sitting down at a PC or console to play a game. As technology improves even more and immersion of the medium goes up, there'll be nor reason just to play the game when you can be in the game...

In other new I cannot believe ARMA III is getting another years worth of DLC. For a game from '13 to be supported into 2018 is amazing (especially since some content and all new features are free.) The only other game I can think of with this long a lifetime is PAYDAY 2, which also offers free content. I hope prolonged support is a trend that stays, though with less paid content obviously.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • How do you like your shotguns in your multiplayer shootin and rootin game? So ineffective at anything other than at the range where you would just punch someone's face and as such, that the only way you'd use a shotgun is to look cool and hax against the likes of the E-girls, FaZe wannabees, scrubs, and typical regulars who get drunk on G fuel who try to holla at you with their 420 No scope SMG Assault Rifle with grenade launchers and red eye sight laser tags like in Cock Call of Duty..

OR

Like in Battlefield 1 (kinda like in the other Battlefield games) where the shotguns are actually somehow quite effective that seems to be almost at least accurate to an actual shotgun's effective damage or killshot range (50 years usually, 75 yards for the actual professionals), and you actually kill people in such effective ranges and actually contribute to your team and not just showboating for the ladies, E-girls, girls who actually play video games (and not exploit that they are women), and the bros, homies, friends, and even family at home?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • That's actually a pretty fair assessment. VR is still in its infancy stages and a lot of developers are just getting used to the quirks of developing for it. So, yeah, it's understandable that it hasn't really made any substantial splashes; what with all of the shovelware and experimental games. But, most people can see the potential and that's why there is such a craze for it. Because it can only get better as the hardware advances and more folks get accustomed to it. So, in a couple of years, I'm sure VR can eventually blossom into its own beautiful thing, just that time isn't now, lol.
    Will it even have the time, though? I mean, the way I see it, unless a developer is bold enough to make something past these Proof-of-Concept and Tech Demo-styled games and really take advantage of what VR is capable of, I honestly don't know if it will have the chance. These were fine in the beginning, and I'd say they're...okay now, but for someone who wants an actual gameplay experience that isn't completely and wholly divided from the rest of the medium and isn't just screaming "Hey! Look what I can do!", there isn't even anything on the horizon for VR. In fact, for that type of person the current appeal of VR is playing existing games that just happen to support VR or have been retrofitted to do so.

-Basically my point is that because there isn't really any promise of a game that seeks to be more than a small distraction on the horizon for VR, I can't see how people will be willing to keep supporting it for long enough that it will, well, first, get less expensive to suit a wider audience, and second that it will be able to deliver on the hopes and dreams people had for it in the first place. As someone who does see a hell of a lot of untapped potential in VR I'd certainly hope it would get its chance, but as the hype dies down (though it's risen again fairly thanks to the release of PSVR), I do have to worry that it may have missed its window to impress. Or it's missing it, rather. And I don't know when it will get another chance.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Travel logging in the Mojave Wastelands...

I gotta love my overly pumped Gunslinger character with a literal truckload of the Guns stat, while having enough Repair and Survival to do things outside of shooting people and mutated animals to death. Now all i need to do is to get the NCR Ranger Combat Armor and I'm pretty much set. I might as well get really liked by the NCR as i think I'll be siding with them for my first character.

My 2nd character (a female) will have a vastly different journey. This time I'll be thinking of an even more well thought out build and character background so that I just don't end up making another cookie cutter gun-toting character like my first and current one is ;) [[and that girl will be based on Re: Zero's Rem]]

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Well with BF1 being released and it being a really good game to play, then there's still Infinite Warfare coming out in a few weeks, I'd like to just let this out. Call of Duty... INFINITE WARFARE will be better than Battlefield 1 based on these solid, empirical, and PROVEN facts.

5olC1SG.jpg

FACT 1:
    - Because i f**king said so

Fact 2:
    - Because Call of duty: INFINITE WARFARE has those lovely supply drops with guns and variants and overpowered weapons, and if you have the money you can buy and pay and have the unfair advantage in the multplayer experience. What does Battlefield 1 have? Just those battlepacks that offer nothing but cosmetic transformations that you don't even need. Because of that, Call of Duty: INFINITE WAAAAARFARE is already 10 times better because you can PAY TO WIN!

Fact 3:
    - Who the f**k wants to play in the past with bolt action rifles, malaria diseases, smelly sh**ty biotics and BS Spanish flu where you die from a god damn infection. Who the fudd needs that bullcrap! In Call of Duty INFINITE WARFARE is in the awesome future where you got laser guns, auto guns, Snipers with Overpowered Aim Assist, Robotic Attack Dogs, Jet packs, Boost jumps, jetpacks, and flying around in space ships where its totally f**king awesome!

Fact 4:
    - The Call of Duty community in youtube is amazing and totally awesome. You got the stand out super honest guys in Tmartn who totally did not own a CSGO Gambling site that he promoted months ago, we got guys like Chaosxsilencer who charges 3000USD on Patreon to meet up with his family because patreon patrons totally care about for some youtuber's family and personal living space, we got dudes like Hollowpoint and Ali-A doing supply drop opening videos with thumbnails in their videos where they look like they are about to blow someone's "trumpet" dry, and people like Exility and Progamer Jay ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↚ ↛ ↠ ↣ ↦ ↮ and those other circlejerk awesome youtubers doing fake BS Clickbait videos for views and clicks ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↚ ↛ ↠ ↣ ↦ ↮ , you got Lia aka SexySexySniperWolf doing "gameplay" videos and being a personal whack material for the little boys and mandudes in our lovely CoD community, and you got dudes like BiblicalReaper who's asking 10,000 USD from his fans because his youtube content is crap and he can't get a real job to fund his overindulges in luxuries instead of improving his youtube channel!

What does the Battlefield 1 or the Battlefield community in general have? I dunno. Too many relative unknowns in the BF community to make fun out off.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><><><

5olC1SG.jpg

And with all these hard evidence, and hard facts that I presented to all of you gentlemen and the potential ladies or even the lady boys in the room, I draw a general conclusion that Call of Duty: INFINITE WARFARE is a far superior multiplayer experience than Battlefield 1, and for 2016 and for the next year in general! And i maybe have overdosed in the crack smoking.

Arsenic

Years
  • Well with BF1 being released and it being a really good game to play, then there's still Infinite Warfare coming out in a few weeks, I'd like to just let this out. Call of Duty... INFINITE WARFARE will be better than Battlefield 1 based on these solid, empirical, and PROVEN facts.

5olC1SG.jpg

FACT 1:
    - Because i f**king said so

Fact 2:
    - Because Call of duty: INFINITE WARFARE has those lovely supply drops with guns and variants and overpowered weapons, and if you have the money you can buy and pay and have the unfair advantage in the multplayer experience. What does Battlefield 1 have? Just those battlepacks that offer nothing but cosmetic transformations that you don't even need. Because of that, Call of Duty: INFINITE WAAAAARFARE is already 10 times better because you can PAY TO WIN!

Fact 3:
    - Who the f**k wants to play in the past with bolt action rifles, malaria diseases, smelly sh**ty biotics and BS Spanish flu where you die from a god damn infection. Who the fudd needs that bullcrap! In Call of Duty INFINITE WARFARE is in the awesome future where you got laser guns, auto guns, Snipers with Overpowered Aim Assist, Robotic Attack Dogs, Jet packs, Boost jumps, jetpacks, and flying around in space ships where its totally f**king awesome!

Fact 4:
    - The Call of Duty community in youtube is amazing and totally awesome. You got the stand out super honest guys in Tmartn who totally did not own a CSGO Gambling site that he promoted months ago, we got guys like Chaosxsilencer who charges 3000USD on Patreon to meet up with his family because patreon patrons totally care about for some youtuber's family and personal living space, we got dudes like Hollowpoint and Ali-A doing supply drop opening videos with thumbnails in their videos where they look like they are about to blow someone's "trumpet" dry, and people like Exility and Progamer Jay ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↚ ↛ ↠ ↣ ↦ ↮ and those other circlejerk awesome youtubers doing fake BS Clickbait videos for views and clicks ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↚ ↛ ↠ ↣ ↦ ↮ , you got Lia aka SexySexySniperWolf doing "gameplay" videos and being a personal whack material for the little boys and mandudes in our lovely CoD community, and you got dudes like BiblicalReaper who's asking 10,000 USD from his fans because his youtube content is crap and he can't get a real job to fund his overindulges in luxuries instead of improving his youtube channel!

What does the Battlefield 1 or the Battlefield community in general have? I dunno. Too many relative unknowns in the BF community to make fun out off.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><><><

5olC1SG.jpg

And with all these hard evidence, and hard facts that I presented to all of you gentlemen and the potential ladies or even the lady boys in the room, I draw a general conclusion that Call of Duty: INFINITE WARFARE is a far superior multiplayer experience than Battlefield 1, and for 2016 and for the next year in general! And i maybe have overdosed in the crack smoking.

I dunno. Even now that I own it I'm still not on the hype train. The only enjoyable mode I've played is operations since it was actually balanced... kinda. Even playing my old favorite, conquest, did not feel good compared to other BF series since only the medic an recon classes seem to be balanced for something like conquest. All automatics seem to be terribly underpowered unlike the death machines they were in actual WWI (and much much more wide spread but it's a videogame so I guess I'll have to get over that...)

I just hope the next BF game isn't too far off and that it keeps Operations mode. Still not a huge fan of WWI anyways...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Because this post is obviously not stolen of Eight thoughts, I'm not going to bother quoting this whole post to make my reply.

PP? Did Activision pay you 10,000 USDs to promote Infinite Warfare in this forum? or maybe just maybe..

You should not smoke crack and then go to work. Who knows, it might help you reach your Challenger goal in League before the season ends ;)

As i mentioned previously, at least Shotguns work as intended here in BF1. If anyone would argue that shotties are still underpowered or terrible, maybe because you kinda suck with the said weapon class? I dunno. If I sucked with Bolt actions, i wouldn't run around telling people that Bolt action rifles are bad and should only be used if you plan on showboating to the E-girls, E-chicks, actual ladies who play and enjoy video games, and even the fellow hombres and compadres at home.

That's at least my own Philosophy. There is no such as thing as a weapon class or a character class that sucks. If they suck, because its you or i do suck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Now that I'm at work, I'll do my best to reply to you hopefully not lady boys and Rads infected individuals. Respectfully, no offense to those who are actual lady boys or may actually be infected with Rads syndrome.

PP? Did Activision pay you 10,000 USDs to promote Infinite Warfare in this forum? or maybe just maybe..

You should not smoke crack and then go to work. Who knows, it might help you reach your Challenger goal in League before the season ends ;)

As i mentioned previously, at least Shotguns work as intended here in BF1. If anyone would argue that shotties are still underpowered or terrible, maybe because you kinda suck with the said weapon class? I dunno. If I sucked with Bolt actions, i wouldn't run around telling people that Bolt action rifles are bad and should only be used if you plan on showboating to the E-girls, E-chicks, actual ladies who play and enjoy video games, and even the fellow hombres and compadres at home.

That's at least my own Philosophy. There is no such as thing as a weapon class or a character class that sucks. If they suck, because its you or i do suck.

I've recently failed my series to Challenger so thanks for reminding me of how grim things are you punt.

Also, there is no such thing as a weapon class that sucks? Okay, let me aid you in your Philosophy.

-------------->

Nerf Shotguns in CoD4 and COD: Modern Warfare Remastered. They are not OP Enough. They don't deal enough Stopping Power to actually be lethal. One shot one kill at close range? That is so overpowered and unfair! There is no counterplay!!!!!

Nerf all of the guns unlocked after the M16, AK47, and M4a1. They are way too powerful and heavily outclass the previous three weapons, thereby giving higher level players the extreme advantage over those who just created their custom class. The power difference and reliability among the G36c, the G3, the M14, and all other unlocked weapons are way too steep, giving those stuck with just M16s, AK47s, and M4s the grave disadvantage since those weapons are obviously bad and are massively underpowered.

Buff Frag X3. We need more nades. Heck BUFF GRENADES! They need more splash damage to be viable.

Buff Grenade Launchers aka Noobtubes. They don't deal enough splash damage

Buff Dead Silence. Its not helping the player base hide from the audio, especially against those with Turtlebeaches and Dr Dres.

Buff Killstreaks. They are not rewarding enough.

Heck you want something more relevant?

BUFF SNIPER AIM ASSIST IN INFINITE WARFARE on Consoles! The aim assist while scoping is not helpful and barely contributes to helping the players using said snipers to hit their shots. Also, Buff snipers! The y aren't 1 shot killing people below the chest area.

BUFF MONEYSHOT

NERF KUNAI

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The M16 in Call of duty 4 and by extension, Modern Warfare Remastered definitely needs a buff. Its too weak without stopping power. With stopping power, the gun is suddenly just barely viable. The only thing that's making the gun good is that it doesn't have any idle sway, because that's obviously a sign of a viable weapon. Buff M16

Oh and not to mention, please Nerf ACOG Scopes. In every Cawd game, ACOG Scopes have been so grossly overpowered. The weapons suddenly become LAZUR Accurate with ACOG Scopes and the weaponsway becomes non-existent, thus shutting off any weapon firing spread that somehow balances out how fast people die in your typical CoD game. ACOG Scopes are so OP that it makes every other weapon attachment bad. Nerf ACOG scopes.

Please @RavenSoftware @InfinityWard @Activision

#BuffM16 #NerfACOG #BuffThorbjorn #NerfPharah

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Infinite Warfare is going to be great, I agree. Beta really sold me. Battlefield 1 is also great. The medal system is suspect, but other than that, it's a fantastic game.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Why is everyone engaging in lengthy conversation?

Anyway, it's been around a month and I. Love. Super. Smash. Bros.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Anyway, it's been around a month and I. Love. Super. Smash. Bros.
    It sure is great. Though, I only got around playing Smash 4 3DS. At least today finally my copy of Melee arived, so I can finally play another game of the series. xD

Also, now I only need to find a copy of FE: Path of Radiance and then I finally have a decent library for my GameCube.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    These three weeks have been great for first person shooters.

Battlefield 1.
    Titanfall 2.
    Infinite Warfare.

Years
  • So two people not related to you die out in the wasteland? Better have all 13 of us go into a catatonic state and give up on life. *sigh* good thing I fight back against Sheltered by saving my game data into a cloud. If I lose, it's not going to be by the stupidest mechanic of all time ever.

I hated using RCOs, but they are far easier to use than iron sights.

Arsenic

Years
  • For some reason you saying RCO made me realize that ARMA III's RCO is a Leupold HAMR and not the ineverymilitarygame stereotype ACOG sight.

No I don't know why my head works this way...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back