• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Livin' on the edge: Cliffhangers

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Pfffft. Who even plays single-player games anymore. Comp MP is all that matters!

My most hated cliffhanger is easy and obvious. Half-life 2 Episode 2. Not only is it one of the biggest cliffhangers I've seen (probably because Episode 3 was supposed to be out around Christmas of that year) and the worst is that it may never be resolved...

You cannot just drop a bombshell like the death of a major character and the giving and preparation of a mysterious new objective....

Why valve... why did you have to turn to loser eSports...

Well if we're doing videos

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Pfffft. Who even plays single-player games anymore. Comp MP is all that matters!
    The sad thing is that... it's actually true in modern gaming industry...

There are two. Sora no Kiseki/Trails in the Sky FC. Simply Sora no Kiseki. You can't have more perfect cliffhanger than that. Especially if you have to wait 5 years for its sequel. Unless... the second game in question is Virtue's Last Reward. Holy lord of cliffhangers, that could probably be even more better one. Especially considering there was a chance of sequel not happening at all. #ThanksOperationBluebird. Even though I only had to wait 3 years for that, the time of insecurity whether ZTD 3 happens was even more painful than waiting for localized Sora no Kiseki SC.

Well, what else could I say than my two most favorite series, lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Cliffhangers.. when you basically cocktease your own fans especially with half assed titles.

CoD Ghosts had such an ending in its already botched single player campaign... wow, giving a cliffhanger ending thinking to players that they will be given Ghosts 2. Nope xd of course not. Ghosts was so shoddily executed in both the SP Campaign and the MP offering.

Duke Nukem Forever. Heck, i love how self aware it was.
    "WHAT KIND OF SH*T ENDING WAS THAT!"

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Virtually every Metal Gear Solid title up until 4 ended with a great cliffhanger. MW2 had a pretty good one too

Years
  • I think cliffhangers are pretty good, if done properly. If a poor game has a poor cliffhanger, there might not be another game. Dead Space had one of the best endings of all times, in my opinion.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I think cliffhangers are pretty good, if done properly. If a poor game has a poor cliffhanger, there might not be another game. Dead Space had one of the best endings of all times, in my opinion.

You talking about the series as a whole or just the original? Didn't Dead Space 3's ending hint at like...loads of worlds filled with those necromorphs or something? Please correct me if I'm wrong with that, it's been a few years since I beat that game lol.

Back