• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's all in the act - Video Game Voice actors!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • A good voice actor can even bring a bad game to life if used correctly. These talented individuals turn our games from bland text on screen to vibrant, more easily relatable characters. They have also delivered some of the most powerful speeches and quotes in all forms of media.

Who are some of your favorite voice actors and why? What games did they have their shining moment for you in?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    David Hayter in MGS 1,2,3,4 and Portable Ops. He was kinda bad in Peace Walker.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to my favorite voice actors some of theme are as follows:
    Raphael Sbarge (voiced Carth Onasi in Star Wars KotOR and Star Wars KotOR II TSL, RC-1262 "Scorch" in Star Wars Republic Commando, and Kaidan Alenko in the Mass Effect series)
    Jennifer Hale (voiced Female Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series, Bastiila Shan in Star Wars KotOR and Star Wars KotOR II TSL, Samus in the Metroid Prime trilogy of games, Sarah Palmer in Halo 4 and Halo 5 Guardians)
    Jen Taylor (best known for her work as Cortana in the Halo series)
    Lis Sroka (Tali'Zorah vas Normandy in the Mass Effect series)
    Keith David (Arbiter [Thel Vadam] in the Halo series, Julius Little in the Saints Row series, Chaos in Dissidia Final Fantasy and Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy, David Anderson in the Mass Effect series)
    Michelle Ruff (Rita Mordio in Tales of Vesperia, Female Avatar [Voices 1 and 3] and Noire in Fire Emblem Awakening)

Years
  • Alright this post got a lot longer as I was typing it. Here's a list of my favorites in no particular order. Voice actors are on here either because they gave a great performance, created a memorable character, or both.

• Halo Franchise: Steve Downes as Master Chief, Jen Taylor as Cortana, Jeff Steitzer as the Multiplayer Voice Guy, Nathan Fillion as Buck (ODST), Adam Baldwin as Dutch (ODST), and Alan Tudyk as Mickey (ODST)
    • Portal 2: Ellen McLain as GLaDOS and J. K. Simmons as Cave Johnson, Stephen Merchant as Wheatly
    • Mass Effect Franchise: Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man, Brandon Keener as Garrus Vakarian, Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson, and Michael Beattie as Mordin Solus
    • Batman Arkham City and Arkham Asylum: Mark Hamill as The Joker
    • GTA IV: Michael Hollick as Niko Bellic and Timothy Adams as Bruccie Kibbutz
    • GTA V: Stephen Ogg as Trevor and Ned Luke as Michael
    • Uncharted Franchise: Nolan North as Nathan Drake
    • Red Dead Redemption: Rob Wiethoff as John Marston
    • Bioshock Franchise: Armin Shimerman as Andrew Ryan, Karl Hanover as Atlas, Courtnee Draper as Elizabeth
    • The Stanley Parable Kevan Brighting as the Narrator
    • Bastion Logan Cunningham as the Narrator

Man... I'm just sure that I'm missing some great ones. Too many in my head to think straight at the moment.

Years
  • Raphael Sbarge (voiced Carth Onasi in Star Wars KotOR and Star Wars KotOR II TSL, RC-1262 "Scorch" in Star Wars Republic Commando, and Kaidan Alenko in the Mass Effect series)
    Lis Sroka (Tali'Zorah vas Normandy in the Mass Effect series)
    Keith David (Arbiter [Thel Vadam] in the Halo series, Julius Little in the Saints Row series, Chaos in Dissidia Final Fantasy and Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy, David Anderson in the Mass Effect series)

Yes to all of these but how could I forget Keith David?? That guy is a legend.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ashly Burch; she's a seriously talented voice actress. I'll let her resume speak for herself.
    • Chloe Price (Life Is Strange)
    • Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2)
    • Orendi (Battleborn)
    • Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat X)
    • Cricket (Fallout 4)
    As well as a slew of TV show roles also, obviously. I love this woman's voice acting abilities.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • YES!
    My kind of thread (for reasons no one else would think of).

Obviously, Kana Hanazawa. She's a major (okay, let's say the most important) reason for importing games and she's the biggest reason for loving the game =D

Overall, I can say that voices are very major deciding point in purchases. If the game does not have Japanese voices, I tend to skip them even if I would normally pick them.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Voice Actors. hmmm

Liam o Brien. There's something about Mr. o Brien's voice acting that I really love. You basically give him a character that can carry the personality of the "loner", the "scrappy", the "lonely maestro", the "vengeful swordsman", "vengeful evildoer", or whatever mix of those kinds of character tropes and he'll deliver quite a nice performance with it. Also, for me at least, his voice is one of those voices that are easily recognizable because of the certain tone that he has when he is doing voicework.

Also, not gaming related but he also provides the voicework for Gaara in the Naruto English Dub

Known roles:
    MXDBbdy.jpg

Yasuo, League of Legends
    "Death is like the wind; always by my side."

MPo1wQh.jpg

Illidan, World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm

RKybB9g.png

War, Darksiders

2BJsRVD.jpg

Akihiko Sanada, Persona 3

NwxopWk.gif

Inigo, Fire Emblem Awakening

a8DDhrr.jpg

Caius Ballad, Final Fantasy X-III 2

(Too damn many. I've played the game enough to hear several NPCs voiced by this man)
    Various NPCs, Fallout: New Vegas

Obviously my favorite role that Liam o Brian has done so far is definitely his voicework for Yasuo, one of my favorite champions in the game.

Years
  • Haley Joel Osment as Sora, Jason Griffith as Sonic, Roger Craig Smith as Batman/Ezio, Steve Ogg as Trevor, and the greatest job ever done by Mashimoto Sachi as Wind Waker Link and Yuuki Kaji as Hyrule Warriors Link.

Back