• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass Type Starter

Your favorite grass type starter pokemon

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Snivy

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rowlet

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    My favorite grass type starter pokemon would be Bulbasaur. I like his color, he's adorable, his big bulb makes him even more cute. Nostalgia also matters a lot. What's your favorite one?

basicallybeetle

I always manage.
    Years
    I voted Turtwig due to liking ground types a lot in that gen specifically. Grass types with decent defenses are rad!
    ....At least until I realized that ice and water moves were still kicking my butt, oops. Still have a soft spot for them despite that. Chespin is a close second. Never did use many grass starters until recently.

Years
    I mostly voted based on design and picked Snivy, the one Grass starter I seem to always find appealing with its smugness and the majestic look of Serperior. Rowlet comes close thanks to Decidueye's concept, but I can understand the Treecko line's appeal as well as the poll is showing.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Rowlet wins imo by virtue of being a cutie pie. Honorable mentions go to Bulbasaur and Turtwig, but I don't quite like them as much. All the other ones are pretty good as well - honestly I like all the Grass-type starters to some extent.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
    Gentlemen do prefer Snivy. ^_^ I like its boomslang design and its snooty character.

Moreover, the unconventional approach one has to take when battling with Serperior is refreshing. It's not a steamrolling sweeper, it's more of a tank with massive speed. Great defenses and recovery capabilities.

Couple its hidden ability with Leaf Storm though, and it becomes a sweeper for the ages – a completely different beast. Serperior is the most threatening Grass starter with its HA competitively, I think.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    My favourite is Turtwig ,
    It was my second favourite pokemon in Sinnoh region .
    and its all evolutions are very strong !

d

Based on design, Treecko. Rowlet and Bulbasaur are close though

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I really love Rowlet and it's evolutions. Treeko is a close second, mainly because of Grovyle.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Snivy and its evolutions for me, as they are the only grass type I given a chance and really liked.
    Love the design of Servine a lot, all 3 make adorable animations in game

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
    Bulbasaur! It's such an adorable and round grass dinosaur. I really like its colors too, especially the blue of its body.

Back