• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Fall Sale 2016 (waitwhat)

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
Years
  • d79dc24423eaaee9c333d78e7392b566.png

The Steam...er...Fall Sale is ON!

Now before you go off to buy all those games you never got to, here are some things that you should consider:

• While the Steam Sale is nice, it may also be smart to look to other sites for better deals. GreenmanGaming, Gamers Gate, Nuuvem, G2A (shop morally, kiddos), and Getgames are just a few examples that always have incredible deals, so don't limit yourself. In fact, these sites often have competitive discounts specifically because Steam is having their annual sale, so they are certainly worth checking out. Having said that, keep the previous tip in mind.
    • Get Enhanced Steam. GET ENHANCED STEAM.
    • Put games on your wishlist. If there's a game you really want and you don't want to have to keep looking at the Steam Sale for a better deal, put the game on your wishlist so that you will get e-mails about deals for games on your wishlist. If you want a more immediate and versatile means of getting deals, isthereanydeal.com allows you to import your Steam Wishlist (or just search for games) and have deals from a plethora of trusted sites and Steam emailed to you. What's more, you can check the deal price against the lowest the price for that specific game has ever gone, letting you know if you're getting a good deal. The site is highly recommended.

So yeah, a Fall sale. I...uh...wasn't really expecting this. Kinda had to hit the trigger in a paniced fashion. Same deal as usual, though. Follow the guidelines and make them your bible. This likely won't be as big as the Holiday sale, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect deep cuts. Hell, a large part of the reason that those guidelines still apply even when there isn't any sort of global celebration going on is because of the good ol' national commercial lip-licking known as Black Friday. So lay out those wallets and put on those deal searching glasses certified, 'cause it's hunting season.

Oh, and take part in the Steam Award Nominations. Chances are the winners will be whatever you see as most played in the Steam Statistics, but it gives you badges under certain conditions and it's their first attempt in a good while to make the event attached to the sale halfway decent in over a year.

---

With that in mind, is there anything you plan on buying? Anything that you've bought? Or do you have any questions about this whole thing?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was actually saving up for the winter sale in late December but GOOD JOB STEAM FOR DRAINING MY BANK ACCOUNT.

There's a couple of games on sale that I'd like to get, so there I go.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. SEASONAL SALE.
    I DON'T HAVE THE MOOLAH TO BUY STUFF DURING IT.

So I'm just gonna be my little begging puppy self during these times, and tell you to gift me stuff. Here's my wishlist, enjoy.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
  • EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. SEASONAL SALE.
    I DON'T HAVE THE MOOLAH TO BUY STUFF DURING IT.

So I'm just gonna be my little begging puppy self during these times, and tell you to gift me stuff. Here's my wishlist, enjoy.
    I'd recommend trimming that down a fair bit or investing in some bundles. I mean, I do support gifting and all but eyes start to shift a bit when you see the Greenlight Developer Access on there.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Already picked up Crysis Maximum edition so I don't have to keep hunting down my separate CDs when I want to play! I was planning on doing it anyways but paying $8 instead of $30 was nice! Do pick up this bundle if you haven't already. The original games are leagues better than 2 and 3!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Alt account much? ;). It doesn't take a rockit Lawnchair scientist to figure out who made this thread.

Fallout 4. Or maybe i can beg my friend to give me a free copy of FO4 via a donation or something. Then again, those steam achievements for FO4 should look fine in my profile.

Oh lookie, all of the Fallout New Vegas DLC Addons are on sale. Well i might as well just buy them all separately since there would be no point in me buying Ultimate Edition considering that I already have the base game since the get go. Now I hope that upon installation of the Add-ons the game won't crash on startup. Then again, I'll just wait till I move to the new computer for that sweeter New Vegas experience.

Also, i already got the game MONTHS ago, but to those who may still want to make the fine damn purchase, Doom 2016 is once again on sale. The game has had a couple of FREE updates from the past couple of months to improve the experience of the package making it an even better game/package deal than it was on launch. Tap Z to pay respects for IDSoftware for actually showing some post-launch support for the game.

ALSO, OMG CALL OF DOOTIE INFINITE WARFARE ON SALE? HELL YES! AND DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION SO I CAN HAVE Modern Warfare Remastered, dat sweet delicious Infinite Warfare Season Pass, those other DLCs, COD POINTS!? OH YEAH ACTIVISION CAN HAVE MY MONE... oh wait.. Infinite Warfare's PC playerbase is so small, i might just use a PS4 and play Infinite Warfare/MWR from there with some helpful tools such as a Mouse and Keyboard adapter. Also, small PC playerbase with CoD Infinite Warfare and to an extent MWR? We can thank Activision for actually separating those who bought the game from the Windows Store or a physical copy from those who bought the game digitally via steam.

Neat. Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux both on very bargain sales. Very tempting but I've already played these games via somewhere else. Though it would be nice to have them legitimately so that at least 4A Games can have a bit of my money. They are a studio that deserve it for these excellent games.

Back