• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for game recommendations

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
Years
  • Hey there; I'm looking for a new game or two to spend hours on, but I just can't find anything that matches what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for games with a long play time (Think Skyrim; 200 hours at max, big goal, but 100 hours would be good) and some sort of questing system. It would also be nice if the games had extensive dialogue, preferably voiced, decent graphics, good optimization, "freedom of choice," or in other words, the game doesn't force things on you, some kind of decent equipment system, and combat, any form of combat, be it turn-based or real time.

The games I've already played that meet these are the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series and Final Fantasy 15.

Also, what are some good story based games? I've only every been caught up in the story in one or two games, can't remember which ones, though.

It'd be cool to play a game with a story that really twists my mind, makes me question reality... or something to that effect. They don't have to be 3d, or too graphically intense, or open world, I just wanna play a game or two that really draws me in to the story. Some of my friends recommender Rune Factory 4, so I got it, but didn't invest too much time into it.

Any recommendations would be great!

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Do it.

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
    Years
  • My list includes
    - Bravely Default and Bravely Second, cool story and the games are really worth it
    - Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the starry skies, definitely one of my fav DS games. You have character and job customisation, story is really long and also pretty hard and very addictive!
    - Dragon Age Inquisition
    - Borderlands 2
    - Guild Wars 2 (even f2p right now)

Ruvaldak

Years
  • Have you played any of The Witcher games?

I actually just bought Witcher 3. I haven't played any of the ones before it. Having issues with the disc, though, so I gotta exchange it for a working one. From what I hear the story rocks, and it has a lot of content.

nundo said:
    My list includes
    - Bravely Default and Bravely Second, cool story and the games are really worth it
    - Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the starry skies, definitely one of my fav DS games. You have character and job customisation, story is really long and also pretty hard and very addictive!
    - Dragon Age Inquisition
    - Borderlands 2
    - Guild Wars 2 (even f2p right now)

I've played the hell out of Guild Wars 1 and 2. Great game, tons of content. I just don't have much more to do on it. BL2 was fun, as well. I haven't dedicated much time to it, though. Not as much as the GW2 or Skyrim, that is.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Fallout: New Vegas. Makes Skyrim look like an on rails adventure.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Do it.

Not if you like any other MGS and are looking for a similar level of story and polish.

Ruvaldak

Years
  • Fallout: New Vegas. Makes Skyrim look like an on rails adventure.

Not if you like any other MGS and are looking for a similar level of story and polish.

Is mgs open world? I don't know much about the series

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • It may not be out yet but I'm already stating it in advance. You can thank me later.

Escape from Tarkov. First person shooter/RPG MMO that's all about surviving in a harsh environment of Tarkov

Because I'm a little tired from last night's clown fiestas of games...
    Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals - "Scavs" flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player's character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Is mgs open world? I don't know much about the series

MGSV is. If you haven't played any of the others than MGSV will be fine, it's a pretty fun game gameplay wise. Story is all over the place and the pacing is awful but the gameplay is good. Since you haven't played the others then there's no reason to avoid V

Ruvaldak

Years
  • MGSV is. If you haven't played any of the others than MGSV will be fine, it's a pretty fun game gameplay wise. Story is all over the place and the pacing is awful but the gameplay is good. Since you haven't played the others then there's no reason to avoid V

Cool. Next time I get some extra money, I'll pick it up.

I've been pecking away at Witcher 3. I have to say, I'm pretty lost as to who the characters are and their relavence to the story. Should I play the ones before 3, or would reading up on them suffice?

Ruvaldak

Years
  • Also, what are some good story based games? I've only every been caught up in the story in one or two games, can't remember which ones, though.

It'd be cool to play a game with a story that really twists my mind, makes me question reality... or something to that effect.

Back