• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Party! Guess the video game monster above you

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • DKXIsM8.jpg

[font="Michroma]I may be late at welcoming 2017 with a bang, but its never too late for us to make a fun little thread that we can all enjoy.

So we all know that video games of all different styles and genres feature creatures, monsters, or simply enemy units that we encounter in our day-to-day activities. But not everyone may be aware of the existence of certain enemy creatures or units that may be encountered in a new adventure or a different experience.

So this "game" is pretty simple. Post a picture of an enemy creature, monster, or any enemy unit from any video game and let the next user guess what that mob is and where it comes from.[/font]

STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
    1) User posts a creature, monster, or any enemy unit from their video game of choice
    2) Next user tries to guess what that thing is and what game is from. Next user should then post their own enemy creature/unit for the next user to guess.
    3) If a user has answered your post correctly, the next time you post your own entry, quote their original post and give them a "Like" before moving on.
    4) ????
    5) PROFIT!

PS: There's something special for a user to have a bunch of "likes". I GARENTEE it.

PSA:
    In order to spice things up, remember to add a "bonus challenge" whenever you post your entry. A "bonus challenge" can be something that the user must answer other than guessing the video game monster/creature/enemy unit that you posted. Use your imagination.

RULES OF NATURE!
    1) As much as possible, do not post named individuals since they are way too easy to guess and offer no intrigue or challenge in guessing (say, posting a picture of Sephiroth, etc). Also, such individuals are named characters and are not your regular enemy grunts, creatures, or units.

2) REMEMBER -> When you attempt to answer the video game monster/creature/enemy unit, you must not only say what it is, but also say what game does the enemy creature come from. This gives everyone a sort of insight on your own knowledge of the video game beastiary.

3) Regarding the term "Monster" => A monster is any artificially intelligent thing encountered by a player as a hostile creature or unit. So in short, enemy human units that you may encounter in video games that feature them ARE COUNTED AS MONSTERS if we are to refer to the technical video game standards.

FIRE AHOY!

Let me start this thread with a rather particularly easy one to get everyone in their toes:
    ylbLkYM.jpg

Bonus Challenge: Guess the other "monster" in the background while thinking up of a poem about those creatures in the picture.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I honestly have no clue. Does it have no body past it's upper torso??

No bonus question so nothing to worry about there...

This one I don't imagine being too hard...

latest

Bonus: Name the weapons held!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    idk how specific you wanted but all I can tell you is that they're Turians from the Mass Effect series.

Uh, weapons....again, how specific? Not like I could tell you more than there's an assault rifle and a shotgun in there.

And for mine, guess this shit:
    latest

Bonus: N/A

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ^ Above creature is a Belra from Phantasy Star Online Episode 3. PSO is a lovely game. We should do a get together on PSO3 and whoop dat Belra ass.

This shouldn't be too hard:
    DRr1O89.jpg

BONUS QUESTION:
    - Would you keep this creature as a lovely pet or would you set it free in the wild instead?

Is he Overwatch Soldier from Half-Life? And the one in the background is Antlion?

Yep. The very same creatures Mr. Freeman has to face with nothing but either Crowbar or a handgun.

For being somewhat correct, you get a free Supply drop "like"

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ^ Doogo from Hyper Dimension Neptunia series. I swear that it reminds me of a Poring.

Also, renamed the thread to make it more attractive.

OTL:
    8AB69012BD5D3AB5F5C3D12F18CCDD5C180A7C80_lis.jpg

Clue: 1996

Extra challenge: Name one of its signature attacks

Years
  • I like how everyone starts off the post with "This is an easy one" and I've never seen these monstrosities of humanity in my life. That one, at least, I know from Far Cry.

latest

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    It's a Moblin! This one's from Wind Waker?

I'm torn between picking something I know someone will get and one that's more challenging, but I don't want to go with something so obscure it kills the thread so I hope this isn't too bad (we did have a mafia game based on this game in the UG once upon a time so I'm sure someone's played it)

Bonus: name one of their abilities/moves

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ^ If my guess is correct, its a Madman from Darkest dungeon, and one of its abilities is "Accusation"

Alright, i swear this one is going to be so easy that EVERYONE can answer it! I swear to me mum!

YF4BLi8.png

EX CHALLENGE!
    => In how many games in a certain franchise has this monster have been featured on?

If you guess this wrongly, you are color blind, you may have been adopted, and You'll never get your Nepgear

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ^ Isn't that a Resentful Noise Spirit from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?

LADIES and Ladies' men, please do remember if the user has answered your monster correctly, give them a "like". I've given a couple of likes as following my own thread's rules ;)

OnTTopicLuL:
    latest

Bonus Round:
    Name the race where this creature belongs to. If you could name it, then you'll get some freebies, and some of my entries will be related to that franchise. I GARENTEE it.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Geryon from FFIV.

No idea about his location, but Tsunami is a instant death attack.

A friend of mine was replaying FFIV a few weeks back, and he was ranting about how bullshit this guy was because he comes with all the other bosses attacks.

Anyway, time for something different.

cad339102d09f9850093e388174f60bd.png

Bonus - What does the nation you support think about the strength of the nations military that uses this ship?

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Geryon from FFIV.

No idea about his location, but Tsunami is a instant death attack.

A friend of mine was replaying FFIV a few weeks back, and he was ranting about how bull**** this guy was because he comes with all the other bosses attacks.

Anyway, time for something different.

cad339102d09f9850093e388174f60bd.png

Bonus - What does the nation you support think about the strength of the nations military that uses this ship?

That's from Infinite Space Ship.... wait, that's not a monster???

For mine:
    ebfa76a3-1c5c-3cf9-9ebd-5b24fcb475b4.png

Bonus Challenge: Which game is it from specifically, what do you need to fight it, and what Ability do you receive access to as reward for victory?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Remember guys, make sure to not use too obscure stuff so that the thread keeps flowing. I mean most of my entries are so easy. REALLY EASY! ;)

For mine:
    ebfa76a3-1c5c-3cf9-9ebd-5b24fcb475b4.png

Bonus Challenge: Which game is it from specifically, what do you need to fight it, and what Ability do you receive access to as reward for victory?

Isn't that a Demon Wall from Final Fantasy XII, and the sprite used for your entry is a Final Fantasy Record Keeper sprite?

Based from my "research", that thing is located in the Tomb of Raithwall (Hall of the Destroyer and another from the Hall of the Sentinel), and if i recall, you can get the Demonsbane sword as a reward for killing it.

Also, effective abilities against it are the following: Reflect and Aero. Without those, kiss your arse buibye ;)

OLT:
    This shouldn't be a very hard thing to decipher. Heck, its one of the most recognizable creatures in the MONSTER PARTY!

tb2U7Xx.jpg

What is it? and What does it usually do?

Bonus:
    Should you ever encounter this thing, what do you think are the most effective arnaments against it?
    a) Melee weapons
    b) Ranged Firearms
    c) Magic Spells
    d) My bare fists
    e) Anti Aircraft weaponry

Name two which you think are effective against this creature?

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Remember guys, make sure to not use too obscure stuff so that the thread keeps flowing. I mean most of my entries are so easy. REALLY EASY! ;)

Isn't that a Demon Wall from Final Fantasy XII, and the sprite used for your entry is a Final Fantasy Record Keeper sprite?

Based from my "research", that thing is located in the Tomb of Raithwall (Hall of the Destroyer and another from the Hall of the Sentinel), and if i recall, you can get the Demonsbane sword as a reward for killing it.

Also, effective abilities against it are the following: Reflect and Aero. Without those, kiss your arse buibye ;)

OLT:
    This shouldn't be a very hard thing to decipher. Heck, its one of the most recognizable creatures in the MONSTER PARTY!

tb2U7Xx.jpg

What is it? and What does it usually do?

Bonus:
    Should you ever encounter this thing, what do you think are the most effective arnaments against it?
    a) Melee weapons
    b) Ranged Firearms
    c) Magic Spells
    d) My bare fists
    e) Anti Aircraft weaponry

Name two which you think are effective against this creature?

I'd normally take that answer, but I was meaning specifics. The Nightmare Demon Wall from FFRK, you need to only use physical attacks, and you gain access to Nightmare Crushdown as a reward. Though the FF12 stuff is cool.

Yours is a Demon from Doom. Challenge denied, sorry.

hqdefault.jpg

(It's the big one.)
    Bonus Challenge: Prerequisites to fight it, and how to make it spawn.

Back