• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo Switch Discussion [OUT NOW!]

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • I have the Switch and BotW Special Edition pre-ordered off Amazon. Sure, launch looks pretty bare-bones, but I like the outlook for things to come. Pokemon (pretty much a given at this point), Xenoblade 2, Mario, Splatoon 2, and Shin Megami Tensei are all buys for me. We even got a new FE game in the works as well as a Tales of game too. Octopath Traveler is being done by the Bravely Default team so I'm hoping it turns out good as well. This thing has almost as much as the Wii U did in RPGs and it hasn't even launched yet. And as RPG fan that makes me happy. :)

Animal Crossing better get a Switch release too.

It'd probably be smarter to wait, but I kinda wanna experience the novelty of getting a console on release day, lol.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Well, this makes me wondering if I can create multiple accounts of different regions and put them on one Switch. If it's possible, I can imagine if I could get Japanese games, Chinese games (if they ever released the Switch in China/Hongkong/Taiwan) and USA games at the same time.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I'm getting this as soon as I can.
    Sadly, I can understand why some are hesitant. We need to know the price for online services.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm getting this as soon as I can.
    Sadly, I can understand why some are hesitant. We need to know the price for online services.
    We have some idea about that now.
    Just in: Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.

Meanwhile, trailers! Like this game trailer. And a Super Bowl ad too (extended version below).

Why yes, that is Imagine Dragons. Nice to see positive marketing this time around.

Yukari

Is it just me or did Nintendo actually remember how to market something?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oh my....

I'd say it's closer to them having a horrible case of Alzheimer's or potentially schizophrenia. One day they'll be naming their system something horribly confusing to the average consumer and the next they'll be building up more hype for a new IP that'd ever been seen since Overwatch (albeit to a lesser extent).

Can't say Nintendo's always easy to like, but them being that sporadic definitely makes it fun to follow what they do.

Years
  • How many of you guys managed to get preorders? I didn't get to preorder because I got paid a week after they were being accepted. I'm gonna be waiting in line on Thursday night to Friday morning at my local Target. I had requested Thursday off to ensure that I can get it here but my job rejected it because of scheduling crap, which sucks since I was using paid time off that I accumulated. I really hope no one is waiting at that Target when I get off at 8:30.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • How many of you guys managed to get preorders? I didn't get to preorder because I got paid a week after they were being accepted. I'm gonna be waiting in line on Thursday night to Friday morning at my local Target. I had requested Thursday off to ensure that I can get it here but my job rejected it because of scheduling crap, which sucks since I was using paid time off that I accumulated. I really hope no one is waiting at that Target when I get off at 8:30.

I pre-ordered mine the day after the Swtich's presentation last month. Right now, I'm struggling to find a pre-order for the special edition of BotW.

Oh my....

Not only that, this guy also goes into full detail on why Imagine Dragon's Believer was chosen as their song of choice for their commercial.

Years
  • EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Got the room cleaned and a place picked out for the Switch and all games. Can't wait.

Years
  • A friend of mine got to try out Breath of the Wild at some event thing. Jealous. I'd like to get the system, but I'd rather get my hands on the NES Classic first if it ever comes back in stock. It'll take a while for there to be enough games so I can wait.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It might be nice if they get to try Switch firsthand c:

Speaking of getting one, even though I didn't pre-ordered Switch as of yet (because I still need savings to do), I have prepared Nintendo Account for me to link up with. Besides, I'll wait until Switch release more games first.

Years
  • Just three more days! Can't wait to play Breath of the Wild.

What do you guys think the likelihood of main series Pokemon continuing on Nintendo Switch? GF has spoken about their interest in the game but nothing concrete on whether we'll get main games or spinoff games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What do you guys think the likelihood of main series Pokemon continuing on Nintendo Switch? GF has spoken about their interest in the game but nothing concrete on whether we'll get main games or spinoff games.

Unlikely, because Kishimina is considering a 3DS successor, which is where Gen 8 will definitely come out on. Besides, the Switch is not a true portable system, so it's going to be missing some important key features that made what Pokémon's known for such as trading.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Look at this list of indie games coming to the Switch. Incredible.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Unlikely, because Kishimina is considering a 3DS successor, which is where Gen 8 will definitely come out on. Besides, the Switch is not a true portable system, so it's going to be missing some important key features that made what Pokémon's known for such as trading.
    Yeah I was thinking that too. Especially the fact that Nintendo Switch is going to have paid online and that will make the accessibility of easily trading and battling with one another not easy at all, kids would have the most trouble with telling their parents they need to pay a subscription to trade/battle Pokemon. I think I am fine with the idea of an actual dedicated Nintendo portable after the Switch. If they did make Pokemon on the Switch though that would be pretty cool.

Honestly I don't want the Switch to replace the dedicated portable line. I would be so sad if the DS line was to die off. They are pretty much the perfect form factor for a system and I can't see my gaming life without DSs. They have been a staple for me since the original and I love everything about them.
    Look at this list of indie games coming to the Switch. Incredible.

Spoiler:
    That is a pretty large list. The ones I'm interested in are Yooka Laylee and Towerfall.

Back