• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Souls Series Discussion Thread

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What's the point of getting so many then? Do some weapons scale based on your humanity amount?
    A few do yeah. It also boosts your item discovery rate and gives you a bit of extra defense against all types of attacks. That and it's nice to have some on hand for if you die and want to un-Hollow.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • A few do yeah. It also boosts your item discovery rate and gives you a bit of extra defense against all types of attacks. That and it's nice to have some on hand for if you die and want to un-Hollow.

I'm sure this will come in handy when I need to level up DS1 covenants. Going to need to in order to get those last few achievements in the game.

Yukari

Yeah I use a Chaose infused Greatsword and just like having a high item discovery. Plus it's useful if I have trouble with a part of the game since I can just kindle the bonfire.

Sir Codin

Don't mind me, just my latest Dark Souls video:

Also:

RINGED CITY COMES OUT IN 3 DAYS. I am excite, they also just patched the game. Moonlight Greatsword got a huge buff in it's weapon art and they made heavy weapons slightly faster.

Yukari

I've come to the realization that collision detection in Dark Souls 2 is absolute shit.

Especially when you get hit by an attack that wasn't even close to you.

Sir Codin

I just found the video that wins the internet. If you find any other funny shit post it here folks.

Here are a few of my own videos (shameless advertising):
    Spoiler:

Here are several that I love from our god, OnlyAfro:
    Spoiler:

Iron Pineapple is also great:
    Spoiler:

Yung Maestro is also really good:
    Spoiler:

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • Let's not forget our Lord and Savior, VaatiVidya

I don't know how to put videos here.

Whoops.

ImMrRoboto

Years
  • Very sorry to go off topic, but I have a question.

Right now, I'm playing through Dark Souls 1, but I'm only leveling strength. Like, Only Strength. It doesn't sound like a good idea, but after taking down a Bell Gargoyle in about four hits, I think I'll be fine.

My question is: What weapon should I use? Right now I'm swinging around a Club +5 with about 35 strength and it's doing pretty good, but I have a few ideas.

•Continuing to use the Club
    •Using the Large Club
    •Using the Great Club
    •Smough's Hammer
    •Butcher's Knife

Could you let me know what y'all think? Again, I'm sorry for changing the subject.

Years

• While I personally favor the Black Knight weapons for strength characters, you need at least 18 DEX to wield them, and at high strength levels I think the Zweihander, Great Club, and Manserpent Greatsword all out-damage them. But then most weapons will carry you through the game as long as you're comfortable with their movesets and you keep upgrading them.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • While I personally favor the Black Knight weapons for strength characters, you need at least 18 DEX to wield them, and at high strength levels I think the Zweihander, Great Club, and Manserpent Greatsword all out-damage them. But then most weapons will carry you through the game as long as you're comfortable with their movesets and you keep upgrading them.

Do you think he'll have issues though if he's wielding slow weapons against fast-moving bosses like Sif? I feel like putting some points into DEX would do some good.

Years
  • Do you think he'll have issues though if he's wielding slow weapons against fast-moving bosses like Sif? I feel like putting some points into DEX would do some good.

Even some of the faster bosses like Sif can be defeated with slow weapons if you're comfortable enough with the way the boss moves and attacks. But like I said, the most important thing is being comfortable with the moveset of the weapon. Once you're comfortable with the weapon speed and feel you can learn how to fit in attacks efficiently for pretty much every boss.

The Black Knight weapons have a pretty reasonable speed and are really strong, so if he's struggling with slower weapons and he's willing to get 18 DEX then I highly recommend those.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Slow weapons are more than viable in PvE. From memory Gwyn is the fastest boss in DS1 (?), but he's still beatable. Finding a moment to heal is more difficult than hitting him lol.

Also, you could try Demon's Great Hammer for Maximum Power. You can get it by trading the Sack with Snuggly. Highly recommend Zweihander too, which is probably my most favorite weapon in the series.

Yukari

Slow weapons are totally viable in Dark Souls as long as you're comfortable with the weapon and mechanics of the game. I've used the Black Knight weapons and Greatsword or Zweihander and it hasn't been a problem so far.

It's just whatever you like using really.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • True. I've never wielded a two-handed strike weapons in Dark Souls like the ones you listed. I've moreover stuck to Halbreds as I love the reach of this weapon type. Although most recently, I've been going back to each of the games and going through playthroughs using classes or types of weapons that I've never done before. Currently, I just wrapped up doing a Sorcery build for DS1, now doing a Miracle/Cleric build for DS2, and will lastly do a Pyromancer build for DS3.

Has anyone had any experience playing the DS2 DLCs? I have them, but I don't know what order to them in/where I need to go to specifically access each of them.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Has anyone had any experience playing the DS2 DLCs? I have them, but I don't know what order to them in/where I need to go to specifically access each of them.
    I've played through them. You can do the in any order basically, they all seemed like roughly the same difficulty to me. They're also some of the hardest areas in the game, so you'll want to attempt them later in the playthrough. To get to them, you'll be looking for a thing that looks like this:
    Spoiler:

Which when you interact with it will warp you to the entrance of the DLC area. The 3 spots they're locating in are after the primal bonfires after beating The Rotten (takes you to Shulva, Sanctum City), the Old Iron King (takes you to Brume Tower), and the 3rd one is in a little building on the way to Castle Drangelic (takes you to Frozen Eleum Loyce).

If you have all the DLC, there's also the extra final boss.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I've played through them. You can do the in any order basically, they all seemed like roughly the same difficulty to me. They're also some of the hardest areas in the game, so you'll want to attempt them later in the playthrough. To get to them, you'll be looking for a thing that looks like this:
    Spoiler:

Which when you interact with it will warp you to the entrance of the DLC area. The 3 spots they're locating in are after the primal bonfires after beating The Rotten (takes you to Shulva, Sanctum City), the Old Iron King (takes you to Brume Tower), and the 3rd one is in a little building on the way to Castle Drangelic (takes you to Frozen Eleum Loyce).

If you have all the DLC, there's also the extra final boss.
    Interesting. What is the lore behind the DLCs? Do they connect at all with the Dark Souls storyline with either
    DS1 or DS3?

ImMrRoboto

Years
  • Not really. The lore of the DLCs mostly deals with stuff in ds2. They're all about running around an old kingdom and encountering some *ahem* relatives of Nashandra.

You actually need three special items to get into the DLC areas, these should help you out on where they are.

In my opinion, the DS2 DLCs have some of the best bosses in the series. You can also get some awesome weapons.

Also, the the extra final boss doesn't require all three DLCs (I think). You just need Scholar of the First Sin Edition, or a game that's had the SotFS update.

Back