• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Hello and welcome! The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is fast approaching us so what better time to make a thread for it!

For those who (somehow) don't know what E3 is, it is the yearly trade show for our most beloved trade, Video Gaming (And relevant electronics)! This is where a lot of AAA and indie developers come to reveal and show off their works, as well as talk about their plans for the year and years to come (And of course have goofy awkward press briefing shows!). Also available in the days after E3 itself is a chance for major companies to let those with provable relation to the trade get in and play with all their upcoming and new stuff, be that games; new consoles; or anything else they may have. Some companies even construct elaborate set pieces for visitors to roam around and interact with!

This is also the first year the show is open to the public in limited numbers! 15,000 people have bought tickets to squeeze in with the 50k (in 2016*) other guests!

With so much potential, it's fun to dream and wonder about what might be shown off at thr LA show. What do you hope is shown off at E3? What do you think of the show in general? Are you one of those lucky enough to score a ticket (I know I am!)? Discuss everything and anything about the show!

I am also going to occasionally post a question about the show for all of you to answer, so remember to check back! The first question is below:

The Elder Scrolls is a very popular series with a lot of people excited for the next entry. If it were to be revealed at this years E3, what would be the location you would want it set in?

(Since most of the main series games have focused on one country, and for the sake of discussion, please only pick one country!)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'd love to attend E3, but living on the east coast about as far away from E3 as possible, that'll likely never happen. I hope nintendo has a solid showing this year, and I have a feeling we'll see what the Scorpio looks like, and when it's launch.

last year playstation had E3 experience events across the US at selected movie theaters. each having playstation reps there to manage the event. show included some collectables, some psn codes for free stuff, a drink, and to watch the sony press conference on the big screen with other playstation fans.

I went last year, so i hope my area has the experience again if sony does it this year. best part s the tickets for it are free.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to E3 this year, particularly due to Nintendo promising big thing lined up. Not only will the Switch be one of the main focuses, but hopefully we'll get some new announcements for the 3DS too. Here's hoping a first for a new Pokémon game reveal at E3!

As much as I'd love to attend, it's still enjoyable watching the livestreams online so I'll definitely be doing that.

Years
  • The Elder Scrolls is a very popular series with a lot of people excited for the next entry. If it were to be revealed at this years E3, what would be the location you would want it set in? - I love everything to do with Elves and more often than not play as one in the ES games so I'd love to see Elder Scrolls 6 in Valenwood, although Black Marsh would be cool too.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The slow death of E3 continues. I actually want to see it continue until at least 2024 though, because it'll be fun to see how they handle the fact that the convention center would be the host of some events during the Summer Olympics, should Los Angeles win, of course.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If they reveal the next Elder Scrolls game, I'd also like to see TESVI take place in Black Marsh! Another place I'd like to visit would be Elsweyr - even though I don't typically play as Argonians or Khajiit, I think their homelands and lore are really interesting, and have been touched on the least out of all the races, so it would be cool to see the next game take place in one of the beast races' regions just so we can see more of their culture.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, I recently got my hands on a Switch so my eyes will focused on what Nintendo has to offer. Nintendo tends to not show a lot off at E3, or hasn't in the past. They tend to show more of what's already been announced, and maybe 1-2 extras. Still, I'd be giddy like a schoolgirl if a new Animal Crossing was announced or anything related to Pokemon "Stars".

I'm not well versed in Elder Scrolls lore, but aren't Argonians the only race able to survive in Black Marsh? Elsweyr seems like it'd be a fun place to visit. Desert badlands in the north, and dense jungles in the south.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The slow death of E3 continues.
    I dunno, until 2013 it was pretty much already dead. Or...2012? One of the two, I can just remember how for the consecutive 5 years before that it'd gone from bad to downright abysmal, even making the most memetic E3s seem like a success by comparison.

It hasn't been nearly as bad lately. After that it came back with a surprisingly good 2 years followed by 3 middling ones. I can't really see it hitting rock bottom again anytime soon, though.

Arsenic

Years
  • The slow death of E3 continues.

E3 has actually been climbing in popularity for years now. In attendance, in exhibitors, in number of games shown.

While not great at a lot of things, IGN has been wonderful at keeping the stats from e3 in a nice chart.

8Bh3J3S.jpg

Sorry for screenshot.
    The chart go Year, Attendance, Exhibitors, Games present(a new stat), venue size, venue, dates

Anyways, with 15K extra people getting tickets, I imagine this will be the closest to the 70k high we've gotten in a while!

------
    To answer my own question, I hope the next ES is in elsweyr. I love desert and jungle environments (my top two faves) and always play a khajiit, so it's perfect for me!

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

Arsenic

Years
  • I'll have all but EAs conf off from work! I'm hoping for some real fire this year, especially from Xbox as the common feeling around is that they've been slacking (Don't agree but still) so they will be feeling the heat this year.

I will be double happy if all the games are Play Anywhere games, even if the die-hard xboners say "HuRR UR TAKNIN ARE EKCUSILZ AWEY!!!1!!11!"

Exclusives are shit. Multi-plat everything.

Arsenic

Years
  • How can you announce something that isn't happening? =D
    Unless you mean time for their own program?

While on a technical level it's not part of E3, on a practical level it is. They're playing off the energy the event generates but are too good to show up.

Anyways, EC, What do you think the chances of a new Halo game being shown off are? Guaranteed or 100% likely?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Anyways, EC, What do you think the chances of a new Halo game being shown off are? Guaranteed or 100% likely?

I still think, despite their endless denials, we will indeed see Halo 3 Anniversary this year. With some remastered maps playable in Halo 5.

Arsenic

Years
  • I still think, despite their endless denials, we will indeed see Halo 3 Anniversary this year. With some remastered maps playable in Halo 5.

Aside from the Halo 5 part, I agree completely.

I mean, you don't remake two episodes of Star Wars and leave the last entry out because you don't want to do it! Just... well... Finish the Fight™!

H3A and HRA are currently the only games I will buy from 343 unless they show a big change in direction with the games (And bring back f**king playable Sangheili!)

Other than Halo, I still hold some sick hope that Scalebound will be revived even though I know it wont : (

Update: Nintendo has put out their plans. They will certainly be @ E3!

ne3-720x720.jpg

Last edited:
    Back