• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Call of Duty: WWII Worldwide Reveal April 26th 10AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • https://www.callofduty.com/wwii

Just announced, Activision and Sledgehammer Games will be revealing their trailer for Call of Duty: WWII IN 4 days. What are y'alls hopes for this next installment in the Call of Duty series, and how do you feel about COD returning to its roots with this?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I've had an itch for WWII. I might buy it just for that.

I was really disappointed when battlefield chose WWI instead of WWII. WWII is just better for the type of game since it was a lot more fluid than WWI.

Anyways, as long as it's more like classic CoD or at least WaW, I'll be happy. I'm sure we'll be playing yanks storming Omaha though.

Campaign wise I'd personally like to either:
    Play from the German side of the war
    Play a paratrooper dropping into france before d-day and fighting in the time after.
    Anything in the Pacific theatre. I love jungles. Whether it's as an Imperial soldier or a U.S Marine, idc. Though I do love the idea of playing on the other side of the war as its not much done (and if it is, it normally ends up as a spy or something)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I don't care what they do with microtransactions, I really don't. I just want no season pass/DLC maps. Make them all free. No splitting of the userbase.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Anyways, as long as it's more like classic CoD or at least WaW, I'll be happy. I'm sure we'll be playing yanks storming Omaha though.
    See, this is basically what I'm worried about. The concept of going back to WWII's nice and all and, personally, it has me interested, but I really have to wonder if they'll be able to capture what made those games fun in the first place.

I pretty much split off from the games at 4 so mainstream CoD and me don't really talk much, but if they can manage to make the most of the setting to make a fun single player, or at the very least some solid WWII maps, I might dip back in for the first time in over 10 years.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Also, I dug this shirt out once the news broke today.

ze7r2mW.jpg

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    And here is what all of that says...

Call of Duty: WWII
    3RD NOV 2017

Call of Duty returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII--a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history's most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.

The Definitive World War II Campaign
    Call of Duty: WWII tells the story of an unbreakable brotherhood of common men fighting to preserve freedom in a world on the brink of tyranny. Players enlist in a gritty intense journey through the battlegrounds of war. The campaign features bold, lifelike visuals with the kind of blockbuster cinematic authenticity that only Call of Duty can deliver.

Boots on the Ground Multiplayer
    Call of Duty: WWII multiplayer engages players grounded, fast-paced combat across many of World War II's most iconic locations. Players will also enjoy exciting new ways to interact and socialize with their friends and the Call of Duty community.

High-Octane Co-Operative
    Call of Duty: WWII's co-operative mode unleashes a new and original story. Play with your friends in this next-level standalone game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments.

Pre-Order and get access to the Private Beta

Arsenic

Years
  • Exactly what I said the story would probably be. I guess "The Pacific" the game is too much to ask for.

Well I hope they at least make it a traditional WWII Heroic romp, and not a shitty cod story. Not much into the idea of playing "Rope, the Ranger" chasing "Makerovstein through france before he launches the SUPER V-4 rocket!

And holy crap whats with these stupid FPS buzz words. AYE NEED BüTS ON THA GROWND GAYMPLAEH. CoD has never been "boots on the ground", it's a twitch shooter where everything is unrealistic and going 10 million miles an hour.

I'll probably only buy it for the campaign and co-op. I'm assuming they mean more like MW2 than their true roots. I might play MP if I'm wrong about that though! I guess if they do make MWW2 then at least there's still Battalion 1944 and Day of Infamy for old school WWII games!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Exactly what I said the story would probably be. I guess "The Pacific" the game is too much to ask for.

Well I hope they at least make it a traditional WWII Heroic romp, and not a shitty cod story. Not much into the idea of playing "Rope, the Ranger" chasing "Makerovstein through france before he launches the SUPER V-4 rocket!

And holy crap whats with these stupid FPS buzz words. AYE NEED BüTS ON THA GROWND GAYMPLAEH. CoD has never been "boots on the ground", it's a twitch shooter where everything is unrealistic and going 10 million miles an hour.

I'll probably only buy it for the campaign and co-op. I'm assuming they mean more like MW2 than their true roots. I might play MP if I'm wrong about that though! I guess if they do make MWW2 then at least there's still Battalion 1944 and Day of Infamy for old school WWII games!

How would you feel if they brought CoD Zombies back with the original squad in redesigned maps that stuck true to the original ones?

Arsenic

Years
  • How would you feel if they brought CoD Zombies back with the original squad in redesigned maps that stuck true to the original ones?

I've never cared a lot for zombie. When friends would come over (back when people actually played Split Screen) I'd play but otherwise. Eh.

Plus I want more another classic WWII game. Medal of Honors, Cod I - III, DoD(s), etc... Not a MW(w)II.

I have a feeling I wont ever get this, and instead will have to wait for a Battlefield style WWII game.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Pro Edition leaked.

C-RSWKQXUAAV1Ob.jpg

Game, steelbook, season pass. Only at the dreaded GameStop so far though.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dont think we should expect too much of the campaign or PvP maps to be based anywhere in the Pacific because 1) many of the famous land battles occurred in Europe 2) Europe is more famous for land invasions 3) the major turning point battles in the Pacific - namely Coral Sea and Midway - were both naval battles

I think it would be cool to have 3 campaigns: play as an American in one, German in another, and finally, for the Soviet Union. The weapons could be more varied and perspectives very different.

I would also like to see a return to the more simple original COD zombies with the original maps with some new ones.

Arsenic

Years
  • I think it was already said to be in France, storming the beaches of Normandy again.

I don't know why we have to be part of the "Big turning points" of the war. I just want something on the level of "The Pacific" (The show). If we're doing france I hope it's closer to "Saving Private Ryan". Of course I dont want exact copies of either but similar themed stories.

Italy would be another fun location, Can't think of any games there except for Medal of Honor Airborne

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The main SHGames people in the past have said they wanted to do a WW2 game in the style of Band Of Brothers.

Arsenic

Years
  • Oh good! That's the same idea! I hope they stick with that concept and don't make some over convoluted story about saving the world from a madman.

Just let me be a grunt and have my small scale heroics. Take out '88 emplacements, Capture towns with a lot of guys, hide behind tanks.

MW2 is where the series went from gruntwork to being some superhuman save the world style mothafucka.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back