• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NieR: Automata

Years
  • Look, what a surprise!

Greetings ladies and gentlemen. I would like to post here about my most favorite game in this year (and one of the best i played in my entire life) so far.

To be honest, I bought it spontaneously on Steam for 60 Euro, but It's the best 60 Euro spent in this year for me.

Insane gameplay, insane story mode, lots of hack 'n' slash action, Squareenix and Platinum, pleasant side-quests and most of all - devastating soundtrack.

Also the newest DLC is out with more revealing suits for certain main heroine and not so revealing for the rest.

Have anyone played it yet? If yes, anyone completed it? Thoughts so far?
    The game is on PC(Steam and not only)/PS4

Oh of course please don't forget to hide spoilers!

Yukari

Although I haven't played NieR: Automata yet I'm actually a fan of the original NieR and Drakengard.

Of course this gives me the chance to be a hipster and brag about how I liked NieR before it was cool. c:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    The only things that have put me off of buying this is i didn't know the name (saw the gameplay though and looked so slick) and the level of sexualisation of the lead. It's just something I find cringey. Although her outfit is pretty cool, it's just certain camera angles and shots I've seen

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Indeed my friend, i see you have your priorities straight, though I would appreciate if you could say something more!
    But...t butt is the highlight!
    On more serious note, I haven't played the game itself as I'm waiting for original Nier first. I'm not that pedantic to play Drakengard but I do feel the need to play original Nier first :)

Years
  • But...t butt is the highlight!
    On more serious note, I haven't played the game itself as I'm waiting for original Nier first. I'm not that pedantic to play Drakengard but I do feel the need to play original Nier first :)

To be honest i haven't even played first Nier and I honestly don't find any need to. This game is completely something else from what i experienced :)

Years
  • So far the game is good i've played quite a bit unfortunately i haven't got the determination to continue playing as i'm always busy with other stuff So i don't think i will be finished with it any time soon.

Years
  • So far the game is good i've played quite a bit unfortunately i haven't got the determination to continue playing as i'm always busy with other stuff So i don't think i will be finished with it any time soon.

Yeah, this is the type of game you really have to focus on and no other game just to complete and feel it. That's what I think at least.

Years
  • This is one roadblock that is preventing me from playing it. I feel it takes a little of the seriousness otherwise portrayed in the game away, I suppose it's similar to things where they have male leads who have that ridiculous Macho Dude Love type of persona where everything's rad and badass.

So with that in mind - steering this discussion a little - NieR: Automata fans/players: why exactly should I buy and play this game?

Because it's not all about the looks of the heroine.

Story and soundtrack is what makes this game insane, also I think you would like some hack'n'slashing as well. Like I said in first post.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So with that in mind - steering this discussion a little - NieR: Automata fans/players: why exactly should I buy and play this game?
    #FORTHEBUTT

Seriously, that's all you need to know.

To be honest i haven't even played first Nier and I honestly don't find any need to. This game is completely something else from what i experienced :)
    Well, I don't say it's required, but it's more of personal preference for me and is definitely more recommended for the complete story but... well, whatever you prefer.

Years
  • Well, I don't say it's required, but it's more of personal preference for me and is definitely more recommended for the complete story but... well, whatever you prefer.

Did you get the newest DLC? I'm planning on getting one, once i'm finished with second complete playtrough.

Back