• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • I wanna talk about The Surge aka Sci-Fi Souls but its not dank enough, so instead, I just provide my usual dose of MANLY for this thread with me playing some Wolfenstein The New Order after enduring a League game (that fortunately ended in a win) that lasted for an eternity.

jx58o1H.jpg

Dat deliciously dismembered head is so alluring to look at.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm not going to sit here and listen to this Halo 3 and Halo Reach slander.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • 343 and Microsoft Studios Facecam
    4o9opvC.jpg

Also:
    utfRdzx.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere in this subforum but threads these days become inactive faster than my se.... sequential playthroughs of my PSX games.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I wonder if they're coming out with another Far Cry game, too. We've been getting a lot of Assassin's Creed, lately.

They are. Xin just posted the logo in the post above yours.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • They are. Xin just posted the logo in the post above yours.
    No no no, I mean a game that isn't Assassin's Creed.

Until I get proof that this isn't another "iconic" Ubisoft-style AssCreed injected Frankenstein in the vein of FC's 3 and 4 (or insert your Ubisoft game from the past couple of years here), I'm gonna keep holding out for a new FC title.

But let's just say that hopes and expectations aren't exactly high.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • No no no, I mean a game that isn't Assassin's Creed.

Until I get proof that this isn't another "iconic" Ubisoft-style AssCreed injected Frankenstein in the vein of FC's 3 and 4 (or insert your Ubisoft game from the past couple of years here), I'm gonna keep holding out for a new FC title.

But let's just say that hopes and expectations aren't exactly high.

Back 2 Africa pls. Weapon jamming and management, super-immersion, actual difficulty and actual freedom. And let's not forget the man portable mortar that I never learned to use...

Oh and of course a map with actual character and fun things to do, aka, that isnt a normal Ubisoft open world!

Add some revamped features from the newer games, weapon mods that only stay on the exact gun you bought them for (to encourage you to maintain your weapons and not just toss them for new ones), wider selection of firearms, predatory animals and hunting.

Crack Far-Cry I think.

Bonus points if they have a NPC snap a bow the player just found in half and says something like "This has no place in modern combat!"

Arsenic

Years
  • But bows are so cool...........how dare that NPC snap it. I'll snap his neck.

Please just let me fight some dummy holding a bow with a nice rifle, maybe the Ulfberht. No, Just give me a handgun and I can win. Double no, I could win with a Kolibri!

Bows in shooting games are redundant. Only exists because bows were the hot item for like a year.

Years
  • I really really wanna buy a Switch right now. I only learned like, yesterday, that it can be played without setting it up to the TV at all. I thought it was like the Wii U where you needed to plug it in and keep it in range of a TV. now that I learned its more similar to a 3DS, i'm so so interested but UGH my money

Arsenic

Years
  • The longest sniper kill is 2745 meters. The longest kill with a bow I cannot find, so being generous I'll peg it at 320 meters. That means a sniper rifle is mathematically 8.6 times cooler than a bow.

So ubisoft announced their e3 conf. More importantly, we're getting a new Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Crew, and south park by the end of the fiscal year. Thoughts?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The Crew? More like The P U, because that game stunk.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Initial reaction to new AC game: yes pls
    The sceptic in me: ...wait for reviews first before buying.

Arsenic

Years
  • How is kill distance proportonal to how c- nevermind you're baiting me............................

Me? Do I look like a troll? I don't bait. Simply in judging the coolness of an instrument of death I find it's efficiency at said task to be a good gauge. I mean theres no hope for a bow ascetically anyways as its just an extra curvy piece of driftwood. Like a suit of fine armor, a finely crafted sword, or a high-class supercar, a rifle is an artistic piece of metal work, finely crafted and beautiful.

Now what I really came to say

To any and all curious, tomorrow is the Destiny 2 Gameplay reveal. I doubt it will be majorly different from D1, as the combat was never really the problem with the game.

To any who wish to watch:
    10am PST
    1pm EST
    5pm GMT
    3am AEST
    roughly.

I am interested to see how this turns out. Luckily it's 3 hours before I have to work woo!

Arsenic

Years
  • Ugh the PC version of Destiny 2 not only is exclusive to battle.net(yuck), it doesn't have a confirmed release date so it may launch after consoles. Why does PC always seem to get shafted like this!

Also the ps4 pro is now powerful enough for 4k\60fps with destiny 2. Best place to play my ass. No word about the Scorpio version (if they make one). PC is obviously 4k/uncapped with a who!e bunch of settings and goodies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Gonna pass on Destiny 2. Another year long exclusivity deal with Sony. Bungie couldn't even mention the XBOX One version.

Years
  • Ugh the PC version of Destiny 2 not only is exclusive to battle.net(yuck), it doesn't have a confirmed release date so it may launch after consoles. Why does PC always seem to get shafted like this!

Also the ps4 pro is now powerful enough for 4k\60fps with destiny 2. Best place to play my ass. No word about the Scorpio version (if they make one). PC is obviously 4k/uncapped with a who!e bunch of settings and goodies.

As long as Activision-Blizzard doesn't try to force Blizzard to turn the Battle.net launcher into their version of uPlay, I don't have issues with Destiny 2 being exclusive to Battle.net on PC.

Arsenic

Years
  • Youtube is currently 7.3k likes vs 163 dislikes. So... I wouldn't say so! I loved it. Other than a bit of less than great news for PC it was a great event with a human made tank (Did I mention there was a tank dropped off by a dropship both made by humanity A TANK)

Plus I mean viking titan guy getting called out was pretty cool. Though conversely some of those presenters were cringy, and any time I see the CEO of a mega-corporation I have an urge to punch them in the face.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    From what I hear, the Destiny 2 trailer thingy was a complete flop. Am I right in saying this?

Yes. People saying it really looks just like more DLC, rather than a whole new game.

Which, hey, 10 year plan and all.

Arsenic

Years

• ?

Idk if this is actually anything but I'll post it here

It looks to be a neo-western (or more simply a modern western) game, which I think is a pretty unique step recently. Being in a first world country, hopefully we have access to some high powered military firepower too!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm just here to ask the most important questions.

1: WHEN'S ARMORED CORE 6?

2: WHEN'S RED DEAD 2?

3: WHEN'S ACE COMBAT 7?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
    Back