• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NaCl

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Do you get salty often when gaming? What kinds of scenarios get your sodium levels rising? RNG? Bad players?

Share all your salt-infused moments in this thread. :)

Years
  • I generally don't get salty about video games*. Games are supposed to be fun, so when I can tell that a game is becoming a little too frustrating, I'll stop playing for a bit. I've never really cared about bad players or teammates, even when they're bad on purpose. But then again, I don't play a lot of multiplayer games where that happens, so :P
    RNG is kind of a different story, but I'm still usually good about how I deal with bad RNG. I understand the nature of RNG and I'm always expecting the worst outcomes, so I'm generally happy with my results in things.*

*EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO HEARTHSTONE >:(

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • As someone who enjoy competitive games like (League and Tekken) it's hard to face a loss... you can lose gracefully yes, but it doesn't change the fact that you feel like utter garbage after.

I'm someone who always hits a certain ceiling in competitive video games, whether its match ups in Tekken or Riven's attack animation canceling... and a loss only reminds me of my inability to break said ceiling.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • The only thing that's ever made me salty is bad matchmaking balance. Doesn't matter which game, but mostly MOBAs. I've ended up quitting MOBAs all together because I got tired of being queued with people who were either 1) much lower or higher rated than me, or 2) spoke a different language than me despite them choosing to play on US-based servers. Which is a shame because I was really good at DoTA 2 and loved it, however I could never find people to play with regularly and solo-queue is hell.

Years
  • I can get salty from time to time, it usually happens in FPS games when I either have god awful teammates or I just keep getting killed. RPGs can get me annoyed (albeit rarely) if I just keep dying at the same location.

Yukari

Not unless I'm playing a really shitty game. I don't play those if I can avoid it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Used to get extremely salty back in the mid-early days of the Playstation 3. Call of Duty MW2 was definitely a poor choice for a first PS3 game, and it cost me many a controller. Nowadays, I try my best to remain controlled in order to avoid tilting, but there's always that moment when you find a team mate who managed to remove brain...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Bordersalt. My first pearlesecent drop in borderlands 2 was the storm rifle and sadly remembering that inspired me to make a certain thread about horrible video game items. Its really annoying how my first ultra rare item drop happened to be one of the worst items in the game and it made me realize how borderlands 2 was a game with many and i mean many bad items.

Also theres the classic item drop salt. Spending hours farming for gear is fine but having drops that arent needed by my current character can still be salt inducing especially when it happens so frequently that i can even swear said game is rigged. And fortunately borderlands doesnt suffer from that but many other loot based online games are.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Also theres the classic item drop salt. Spending hours farming for gear is fine but having drops that arent needed by my current character can still be salt inducing especially when it happens so frequently that i can even swear said game is rigged. And fortunately borderlands doesnt suffer from that but many other loot based online games are.
    This would happen to me all the time when playing PSO. Spend hours grinding for a specific drop, and then something finally drops a red box and I'm like "omg is this finally it?!" only for it to be a Photon Drop instead. Like gfdi game stop toying with me that's the 3rd fucking time you've done this today I just want the thing ;-;

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've always played games to have fun so no! I don't get upset when I lose a game as I always remind myself that it's just a game and I'm supposed to be enjoying it. I've always been a casual player so games like Mario Kart, Mario Party and League have never really induced any anger from me. I do remember that this was the complete opposite when I was 9 though as I was so mad at coming last in Mario Kart that I switched off the console halfway through the race. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore. :D

Back