• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well Red Dead 2 was just delayed to Spring 2018, so...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Red Dead isn't even on my radar after Rockstar's last game.

What's the wild west's version of credit cards?

But in good news Crackdown 3 is confirmed to drop this year, but wont be at E3. So hyped for that after the letdown with Scalebound!

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Destiny 2 and far cry 5 , what a time to be alive and bleeding, and i just bought some new peripherals like a gaming chair and a pair of gunner glasses courtesy of some really good friends of mine.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I've finally gotten Kid Icarus: Uprising. Despite its really fast-paced story and wonky controls (especially since I'm left-handed), it's a great game.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'm such a trihard.
    Spoiler:

I now have a bandicam obsession so i can finally record some pretty funny plays. I have a decent and funny Bastion and McCree play but unfortunately they have the bandicam logo on top so its going to look really amateurish when i upload those clips.

In other regards, I should definitely buy that delicious PC port of Vanquish to further masculinify my library of games.

Also: Vanquish 60 FPS glitch?
    now that's something i didn't expect though but I'm still playing. I doubt that the glitch will be patched by Platinum but we can hope for the best .

vBikGFV.jpg

SORLAGG IS BEST GIRL BTW.

Also, Quake Champions being PC exclusive means that the game will be 100% Optimized for said platform. Having played a few rounds, QC definitely has that feeling of old school Quake multiplayer though obviously the "Champions" having different stats such as health, armor, and even base movement speed is still on the trigger sights of people especially the PUREST of Quake players. I hope that players can get used to it though considering that most players who are WAY YOUNGER than most long time Quake players (myself included) are too used to CoD, BF, and Overwatch as well.

And i expect those newer players who are based on COD, BF, and OVW to taste how toxic the Quake playerbase can be since well, ya'll thought most MP games are toxic? The Quake playerbase might as well Nail players who can't git guud and even newer players onto walls with their Nailguns.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I leik that character design. Always been one to play as "beast races" in games because humans are boring af. Looks like I know what character Ill be going for if (and I doubt I will) I pick up up the new Quack.

In other news, Star Citizen in shaping up very nicely and that makes me so very happy!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I leik that character design. Always been one to play as "beast races" in games because humans are boring af. Looks like I know what character Ill be going for if (and I doubt I will) I pick up up the new

Sorlagg's prett strong considering that she has an active skill that spews the floor with gunk that immobalizes and damages enemies making for some easy kills with the shotgun or some point blank launcher hits. Forgot to mention that she has 150/150 base health which is higher than most of the other champions in the game. Shes a literal tank in quake standards

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Is it hard to pick up? I've never played a Kid Icarus game before.
    First of all, it's nothing like the other two games in the series. So even if you have played those, this would be a completely new experience.

That aside, I don't think it's too hard to pick up, despite its uncommon game mechanics. I want to say it's close to the Sin & Punishment games, but I've never played that series so I can't be sure. I'd instead compare it to Pok?mon Snap, except it's more fast paced and of course you're moving in three dimensions instead of two.

Years
  • Any game to start with?

Can't go wrong with Kid Icarus: Uprising. The first two games are a little too dated for me to fully enjoy, but I really enjoyed Uprising, and you don't need to play the other two to understand much. Also, the first two games are platformers, but Uprising more of a rail/third person shooter, so it's a totally different experience.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Can't go wrong with Kid Icarus: Uprising. The first two games are a little too dated for me to fully enjoy, but I really enjoyed Uprising, and you don't need to play the other two to understand much. Also, the first two games are platformers, but Uprising more of a rail/third person shooter, so it's a totally different experience.

You never finished Dark Souls 3 so I don't take game recommendations from you >:(

Yukari

If I'm being honest, even back in the day there were better platformers than Kid Icarus. I don't think I could really recommend it unless you already have some investment in the series and want to see where it came from. I can't say anything about Uprising since I haven't played it but it's probably the best place to start.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I can't say anything about Uprising since I haven't played it but it's probably the best place to start.
    They make a lot of references and jokes back to Kid Icarus in Uprising that are definitely funnier if you've played Kid Icarus or at least know about it- It definitely recognizes itself as a reboot in-game which is somewhat meta- but there's no real necessary information so anyone can jump into Uprising and have a grand old time, pretty much.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • For anyone curious, Battleborn is actually a very good gme. Bought it when it first came out and had a blast with it. Definitely got overlooked as it came out relatively around the same time as Overwatch, but it is a great game. Check it out if you get the chance.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Be wary of mentioning both battleborn and overwatch in the same sentence.

Kiddings aside, at least paladins can officially get spiked over. Battleborn for the most part is actually decent with a lot of things to do. Its almost as if the game is not entirely built around the competitive multiplayer side.

Last edited:
    Back