• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox One game recommendations

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My Xbox One library's been pretty dry and I'd like to fix that.

The only games I have for it are
    Killer Instinct, Gears of War 4, Sunset Overdrive, Overcooked, and Forza Horizon 3.

I like fighting, RPGs, racing, and platformers. Not a fan of 1st person shooters but 3rd person is good. What are some good games you guys can recommend? preferably if they have physical releases.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    You could probably get all four Dead Rising games for less than $60. Burnout Paradise is a good backwards compatible game that you can get from the digital store. And hey, the Tomb Raider games are great too.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • My Xbox One library's been pretty dry and I'd like to fix that.

The only games I have for it are
    Killer Instinct, Gears of War 4, Sunset Overdrive, Overcooked, and Forza Horizon 3.

I like fighting, RPGs, racing, and platformers. Not a fan of 1st person shooters but 3rd person is good. What are some good games you guys can recommend? preferably if they have physical releases.

Ignore Satoshi, he's a PS4 fanboy troll.

If you're into anime at all, you can can't go wrong either the DBZ or Naruto Ninja Storm games. Both are very good fighting game in my opinion. Injustice 2 can also be a good game for that as well.

For platformers, can't go wrong with Rogue Legacy. Excellent rogue indie platformer. Ori and the Blind Forest is excellent as wel, especially if you enjoy games with great soundtracks. Shovel Knight is a no brained as well, as well as a small indie game called Teslagrad. Really cool Metroidvania mechanics that I thoroughly enjoyed.

For RPGs, Shadow of Mordor is great. I think the nemesis system is really overrated, but if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings and combat style of Assassins Creed than you'll enjoy this game. Sleeping Dogs is more open world than ROG - akin to GTA for example - but I can't recommend that game enough. Witty, gritty, and a very good experience all around. There's also a small indie RPG game called Oceanhorn which may interest you. It's simplistic, but it's molded in the style of Legend of Zelda so you may enjoy it.

Can't speak on racing cause I've only played a handful of racing games and they were mostly indie and for achievements lol.

If you want more recommendations, just let me know (: These are just suggestions off of the top of my head and considering my almost 175,000 GamerScore I have a very large Xbox library that I can throw your way haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    You could probably get all four Dead Rising games for less than $60. Burnout Paradise is a good backwards compatible game that you can get from the digital store. And hey, the Tomb Raider games are great too.
    Ahh Dead Rising is a good one! I was interested in the 4th game for sure.

No offense or anything but... why do you have an Xbox?
    With preferences like this, PS4 would be much more suitable choice.

Though, Xbone has Ori from platformers,
    None taken but as you can see, I'm a very comfortable PS4 owner. I just like dabbling into other consoles as well!
    Spoiler:

Ignore Satoshi, he's a PS4 fanboy troll.

If you're into anime at all, you can can't go wrong either the DBZ or Naruto Ninja Storm games. Both are very good fighting game in my opinion. Injustice 2 can also be a good game for that as well.

For platformers, can't go wrong with Rogue Legacy. Excellent rogue indie platformer. Ori and the Blind Forest is excellent as wel, especially if you enjoy games with great soundtracks. Shovel Knight is a no brained as well, as well as a small indie game called Teslagrad. Really cool Metroidvania mechanics that I thoroughly enjoyed.

For RPGs, Shadow of Mordor is great. I think the nemesis system is really overrated, but if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings and combat style of Assassins Creed than you'll enjoy this game. Sleeping Dogs is more open world than ROG - akin to GTA for example - but I can't recommend that game enough. Witty, gritty, and a very good experience all around. There's also a small indie RPG game called Oceanhorn which may interest you. It's simplistic, but it's molded in the style of Legend of Zelda so you may enjoy it.

Can't speak on racing cause I've only played a handful of racing games and they were mostly indie and for achievements lol.

If you want more recommendations, just let me know (: These are just suggestions off of the top of my head and considering my almost 175,000 GamerScore I have a very large Xbox library that I can throw your way haha.
    Hmm yeah especially DBFighterZ being an obvious choice lol. How are the Xenoverse games?
    I'll take Ori into consideration since both you and Satoshi recommended it. Shadow of Mordor looks pretty badass. Sleeping Dogs looks beautiful with the neon light setting!
    Also have you played Witcher 3? would you recommend it if so?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Ahh Dead Rising is a good one! I was interested in the 4th game for sure.

None taken but as you can see, I'm a very comfortable PS4 owner. I just like dabbling into other consoles as well!
    Spoiler:

Hmm yeah especially DBFighterZ being an obvious choice lol. How are the Xenoverse games?
    I'll take Ori into consideration since both you and Satoshi recommended it. Shadow of Mordor looks pretty badass. Sleeping Dogs looks beautiful with the neon light setting!
    Also have you played Witcher 3? would you recommend it if so?
    Personally haven't played Witcher 3 but I do plan on getting it just to see if it lives to the hype. Only issue is my backlog is humongous and I don't feel like dropping $20-30 on a game lol (Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition was on sale last week on Xbox for $4!)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Fallout 4. Play the game in 3rd person view and its not an first person perspective game anymore.

Sniper Elite 4. An actual third person tactical shooter set in an alternative (sort off) world War 2 that is all about Sniping and stealth tactics. You kay want to familiarize yourself with the sniper elite series by just reading about the game. Its quite an enjoyable game that is quite satisying especially when pulling off those killshots.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Since you have an X-bone your missing out on some truly fantastic JRPG's... But you could still get Fallout 4 and Dragon age Inquisition.

What kind off fighting game are we talking about here? If a beat em up's what your looking for you could go with the Dead Rising 3 and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. If its a true fighting game... Then Injustice 2, Skullgirls or Tekken 7.

Platformers tho.. Your missing out on the Crash Insane Trilogy. But Xbox one still has games like Shantae Half Genie Hero and Shovel Knight. You can also get Sonic Generations thanks to Xbox's back wards compatibility :D

Racing game genre is pretty dry right now, and Forza is the only racing game of note.

Ollipop

Matthew
    Years
  • Elder Scrolls are always an excellent choice. Skyrim is a lot of fun to play and offers an excellent open world map. If you don't care to go a bit farther back, Skyrim's predecessor, Oblivion, is one of my all time favorite games. The Dark Brotherhood questline holds a special place in my heart in terms of memorable gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Since you have an X-bone your missing out on some truly fantastic JRPG's... But you could still get Fallout 4 and Dragon age Inquisition.

What kind off fighting game are we talking about here? If a beat em up's what your looking for you could go with the Dead Rising 3 and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. If its a true fighting game... Then Injustice 2, Skullgirls or Tekken 7.

Platformers tho.. Your missing out on the Crash Insane Trilogy. But Xbox one still has games like Shantae Half Genie Hero and Shovel Knight. You can also get Sonic Generations thanks to Xbox's back wards compatibility :D

Racing game genre is pretty dry right now, and Forza is the only racing game of note.

Like I mentioned in my earlier reply, I'm a comfortable PS4 owner:
    Spoiler:

I'll look into Fallout 4 since I've heard a lot of positive reception towards it. As for fighting, I like all of them. Traditional 2D, 3D, beat 'em ups, hack and slash. I didn't even know DMC4 came out for Xbox One lol.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Ignore Satoshi, he's a PS4 fanboy troll.
    I would appreciate if you didn't label me as such without any concrete reason.
    Maybe Sony, but I would never say I'm a 'PS4 fanboy'. While it is better now, I've been pretty adamant in hating PS4 on launch and early years.

Also... troll?
    What I said was under assumption that the OP only had an Xbone and with the preferences like that, Xbone is hardly the more suitable choice. I really don't see how any of that was trolling.
    But if stating the truth about Xbone, the fact that there's absolutely no reason to choose it over PS4 unless you are Halo or Forza lover, then I will gladly be a 'troll'.

But since you started...
    All recommendations apart from Ori which I mentioned as well, are available on PS4. And you can easily beat this with Crash for example. So, my only point was that OP's preferences are more PS4-like than Xbone-like. If you don't agree with that, you can hardly say you are objective.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Like I mentioned in my earlier reply, I'm a comfortable PS4 owner:
    Spoiler:

I'll look into Fallout 4 since I've heard a lot of positive reception towards it. As for fighting, I like all of them. Traditional 2D, 3D, beat 'em ups, hack and slash. I didn't even know DMC4 came out for Xbox One lol.

Have you ever played a Fallout game before? It's a very good game franchise, but my only disparaging comment on this - and maybe Xin will agree with me - is that it's very easy combatively to breeze through the game. You could literally take a baseball bat and destroy a horde of enemies without dying. Hurt, yes, but not die. That's probably my only complaint.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Have you ever played a Fallout game before? It's a very good game franchise, but my only disparaging comment on this - and maybe Xin will agree with me - is that it's very easy combatively to breeze through the game. You could literally take a baseball bat and destroy a horde of enemies without dying. Hurt, yes, but not die. That's probably my only complaint.

Nope never have. I won't mind. I've played games like Nights of Azure and Final Fight 3 that get flak for being too easy but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Definitely would consider Skyrim Special Edition. The mod support is very fun to play with, and a number of mods aren't available in the PS4 version of the game. So even if you played the hell out of it back in the day, you'll likely get some enjoyment out of this updated version.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is really fun. Just understand that the plot/story of the game isn't that good. The reason is because all of their good writing was poured into the stellar characters and relationships. So keep that in mind. The gameplay is pretty solid too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Dragon Age: Inquisition is really fun. Just understand that the plot/story of the game isn't that good. The reason is because all of their good writing was poured into the stellar characters and relationships. So keep that in mind. The gameplay is pretty solid too.

Man you just described Fire Emblem Awakening. A story that started good and kinda got weaker but a cast of lovable characters with their support conversations and relationships.
    Now I'm interested lol.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Definitely would consider Skyrim Special Edition. The mod support is very fun to play with, and a number of mods aren't available in the PS4 version of the game. So even if you played the hell out of it back in the day, you'll likely get some enjoyment out of this updated version.

What is combat like in DA:I? Comparative to any other high profile games?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • What is combat like in DA:I? Comparative to any other high profile games?

Erm I can't think of any specific games. You could make a comparison to D&D combat mechanics, I suppose. You control a party of four, and can pause combat at any time to strategize and have each character execute a command at once. The game can either be a complete breeze or hell on earth, it depends on how you want to experience the game. Out of the games that I know, it's only really comparable to other Dragon Age titles. But I'm by no means a big RPG player, so there could be others.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • As for Fallout 4 being relatively easy to combatively breeze your way theough well there is survival mode to make the game much harder but then again there are way too many alterations in the base gameplay that may not suit the first time player.

My advise really for Fallout 4 is to roleplay a certain build/character and that will greatly enchance your experience while not having to worry about the game being "easy" sinply because the enjoyment of FO4 (or any fallout game really) is to play as a certain build with a roleplaying aspect in mind where you do your best to give a certain element of characterization to the build you are playing as, not triharding a game that honestly isnt even like a game you should be triharding on (you have multiplayer games to be a real trihard on). So tldr, enjoy nerding out in Fallout 4.

Hell i can easily mention something like hey look at a Fudgemuppet Fallout 4 build and you can get an idea on how to make a build that focuses on a particular style and character based on your own written backstory **paid by Micheal and Scott, as well as Steve**

Last edited:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I didn't even know DMC4 came out for Xbox One lol.

It's an Enhanced Edition with tons of new content added in. It's a Kick ass game with stuff to do if your a fan of beat-em ups you should definitely pick it up

What is combat like in DA:I? Comparative to any other high profile games?

I would say Combo heavy class based 3d person Action RPG, with some party management. It almost plays like an MMO at times (And that's not a bad thing). Unlike its contemporaries; that focuses more on technical mastery and putting stats on the wayside. DA:I focuses heavily on the characters stats and skills during combat and synergies (Again very MMO/ARPG like).

Back