• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What ESRB rating makes up most of your collection?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    This is something I never thought about until today when looking at the cases for my games. I started to notice that I own very little rated M games and that the majority of my collection is rated T or E. If I had to estimate I'd say 50% T, 40% E, and 10% M.

The only rated M games I own are Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, and Metal Gear Rising. My rated E games are mostly Nintendo stuff. My rated T games are all of my fighting games as well as my RPGs that aren't Pokémon.

I thought it'd be interesting to discuss how the ESRB ratings might define what type of games we're into.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not even taking a look and just taking a wild guess, it's probably "T" rated games that make up the majority of my collection. A fair bit of my physical collection is The Sims 2 Expansions as well as some RTS games, which tend to get "T" ratings.

Would not be surprised in the slightest to see "E" rated games in first, though. I do have a lot of Pokemon games.

I may actually go get a count of those because now I'm curious.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm just going to count the XBOX One games I have on my shelf in front of me...

E10: 2
    E: 1
    M: 14
    T: 4

And one PEGI 18.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'm bored so I'll count what I have. This includes GameCube, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, XBox 360, XBox One, and PS2. Everything else is too hard to access so I'm leaving it out. =P

E: 90
    T: 24
    M: 38

I counted all the home console games first, and after that E & M were about tied. But then I went and included my DS games, which are almost entirely E-rated with only four exceptions which were T(Metroid Prime Hunters and the last three Fire Emblems). xD

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    E or E10 most likely just because I have a ton of old mario games and pokemon games. Most of the games I actually play are T or M.

Yukari

I don't have the exact numbers buuuut....

Pretty close between M and E. Probably Mature since It's the vast majority of my Steam Library and most of my games are on Steam.

Years
  • Mostly E/E10+, because I really only play sports games and Pokemon these days, so that makes up a big chunk of my collection. I've also got a few old Sega cartridges with the KA rating, and some newer game for my PS4 that's a PEGI 3 as well.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Excluding Pokémon, it's almost all T/M
    Including Pokémon, well, I have too many Pokémon games lol, so I guess E takes up the majority of my collection

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Mostly I'm learning more to E to E10+ because I tend to play Pokémon, some puzzler, racing and sports games among others. The exceptions are Winnie the Pooh Kindergarten game which is rated eC as one of the PSone games given by my family relatives, and several fighting games which mostly lean to T-rating for obvious reason (except Smash Bros. 3DS, which is rated E10+).

Back