• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Box Art

Years
  • What are some of your guys' favorite video game box art/cover art? Are there any designs that you think are particularly terrible? Which ones do you love?

I always like Heavy Rain's cover. It not only displays an important element of the game, but it does so artistically and conveys the overall mood of the game without adding too many details.

Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • A few favorites just off the top of my head:

Spoiler:

I feel like I'm missing some obvious ones, but these ones are that I clearly remember liking. That ICO cover is only for the Japan/PAL versions as we in NA got an ugly alternative, lol. Imported a PAL version just because I think that cover is beautiful.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE BOXART
    Sometimes I go into stores and just stare at boxart and it makes me so happy and excited and I have a boxart collection and....
    let's see...
    I like Bravely default/Bravely Second, and also the two FE fates games look cool when you put them together.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • As a connoseur of vidya game box art both above and beneath the casing, i have the pleasure of presenting my favorites from muh personal collection:

Spoiler:

As for Painkiller: H&D, the big black case complements the colors. Its just a magnificent boxart especially with the physical copy at hand.

Now there is more to these boxes than what meets the eye:
    Spoiler:

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.
    Spoiler:

And finally of course last and the BEST:
    Spoiler:

DOOM 2016. Obviously the original boxart of the game was mocked for being overly generic compared to its classic conterpart yet it still grew on me. The Cyberdemon on the manual isnt too bad.

However with the power of reversible Box covers, i managed to do this without ripping and tearing the box:

Spoiler:

The REAL DOOM box art. Channeling the spirit of the classic art piece from 20 years ago that immediately told its viewers about what you are about to do - shoot demons on Mars!. A huge improvement over the original "just the Doomguy" one.

Great box art, at and below the surface, is the reason why i still buy physical copies of PC games and even PS3 and PS4, as well as 3DS ones because they are such a joy to have around the house. They remind me of the good days where great boxart mattered so much.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Ballistic Overkill

Ballistic-Cover.jpg

I look at Ballistic Overkill's promotional and cover artwork and I compare that to the hundreds of these F2P Military themed online shooters out there and I can easily get suckered into playing this game compared to garbage others such as Combat Arms, Blackshot, and Cross Fire (all of which I've played), and i can see why. Just looking at 3 REALLY MANLY characters and with a name like "BALLISTIC OVERKILL" which basically takes the very cliche Military shooter name but dial it up to 10 + f**kin 12.

Back