• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atelier series

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    If you thought Pokémon or Tales were notorious for being RPGs with yearly releases, look no further than the Atelier series. Since 2009, they've been releasing a game a year as a set of 3. Every 3 games is its own trilogy. That being said, any of you play the games/are a fan?

I just purchased Atelier Ayesha and am looking forward to playing it. The soundtrack is really good and the art style looks pretty. I'm still unsure if I want the other 2 games in the trilogy or if I'll move onto Sophie after beating Ayesha since that's the latest trilogy.

Years
  • I really want to play this. It's got the things I love -- cute anime girls and pastel colors, both of which I'm a sucker for haha. But I heard it's a little heavy on fanservice and that would bother me a little so idk if I should or shouldn't try it. =x how enjoyable do you think it'd be for a girl who isn't into heavy female character fanservice? lol

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • It's a nice change of pace from the norm; I enjoy it's lighthearted nature. They aren't for everyone though. Most of them aren't combat focused and instead have you collecting, crafting, and synthesizing, which is pretty fun. I've played pretty much all of them from Atelier Iris onwards, and I don't recall much of any fanservice at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I really want to play this. It's got the things I love -- cute anime girls and pastel colors, both of which I'm a sucker for haha. But I heard it's a little heavy on fanservice and that would bother me a little so idk if I should or shouldn't try it. =x how enjoyable do you think it'd be for a girl who isn't into heavy female character fanservice? lol

I really don't think there's any fan service at all. Maybe the bikini stuff in Shallie which you see in every JRPG lol. Honestly I think Atelier might be more appealing to the female demographic at face value. Though it has enough for everyone to enjoy imo: turn based battles, amazing soundtrack, funny dialogue.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Since it's not on PC, I don't see this hanging for a long time but well...

Atelier is my TOP 5 game series.
    Cute girls doing cute alchemy things, nuff said.

Time limit, deep alchemy system, turn based combat, cute girls. All things that make Atelier make the series so unique and so great.

Also, one correction. From 2001, not 2009. Please do not discriminate pre-PS3 era :P Gust started the millennium with a bang. However, we'll have to see how the conclusion of Fushigi ends up. If they are not going to release it in November, they may break the chain of releasing one Atelier per year.

I really want to play this. It's got the things I love -- cute anime girls and pastel colors, both of which I'm a sucker for haha. But I heard it's a little heavy on fanservice and that would bother me a little so idk if I should or shouldn't try it. =x how enjoyable do you think it'd be for a girl who isn't into heavy female character fanservice? lol
    Atelier fanservice comes from cute girls doing cute things.

Sure, there are a few scenes that could be considered fanservice in both Arland and Dusk (Arland being more prominent in this aspect), but that's like... 2% of the overall spent time ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Since it's not on PC, I don't see this hanging for a long time but well...

Also, one correction. From 2001, not 2009. Please do not discriminate pre-PS3 era :P Gust started the millennium with a bang. However, we'll have to see how the conclusion of Fushigi ends up. If they are not going to release it in November, they may break the chain of releasing one Atelier per year.

Sophie and Firis are on PC though.
    And technically we're both wrong lol. Yes they have stuck with yearly releases since 2001 but Gramnad was only a set of 2 games while I mentioned a set of 3. They didn't have sets of 3 AND yearly releases until 2004.

Years
  • ooh very good to hear. I really do want to try this, I just love the art style and character designs. I only have a Vita though so anything on another platform is out, but looking at the wiki page, there are still a lot of games from the series I can get. Any recommendation for a first one for a beginner? I'll probably buy soon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    ooh very good to hear. I really do want to try this, I just love the art style and character designs. I only have a Vita though so anything on another platform is out, but looking at the wiki page, there are still a lot of games from the series I can get. Any recommendation for a first one for a beginner? I'll probably buy soon!

It's best to start with the beginning of the trilogy. So either Rorona Plus, Ayesha Plus or Sophie. I'd recommend Ayesha to start but keep in mind some of them are digital only so hopefully you have a large enough memory card lol. Oh if the time limit scares you (which the time limit is fair anyways) you could start with Sophie since there's no time management to my knowledge.

Years
  • Completed Ayesha and own the four following it, I'll slowly work my way through them but I enjoyed Ayesha more when I binged it on a week off rather than when I tried to play it occasionally between work hours.

It was a nice experience, kind of just relaxing and wholesome.

Back