• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • I honestly wish Microsoft'd just go all-in on their Xbox-PC connectivity. Their E3 last year (specifically E3 2016, not their last one), was smart because they'd established their relationship between the platform where their games could excel (despite being inhibited by their own store) and the Xbox. Which made sense, because they own them both, it was just a matter of time.

But also, I'm constantly searching for reasons to buy an Xbox One, and having lived with someone who let me play his for a while, I can't say that I've found it. I don't really know what they plan to do to really make it rain- unlike someone like Nintendo or Sony who could make some very practical business moves such as implementing some long requesting feature or announcing a long sought after project, I don't really see what Microsoft is aiming for with the Xbone. Or whatever comes after, really.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I honestly wish Microsoft'd just go all-in on their Xbox-PC connectivity. Their E3 last year (specifically E3 2016, not their last one), was smart because they'd established their relationship between the platform where their games could excel (despite being inhibited by their own store) and the Xbox. Which made sense, because they own them both, it was just a matter of time.

But also, I'm constantly searching for reasons to buy an Xbox One, and having lived with someone who let me play his for a while, I can't say that I've found it. I don't really know what they plan to do to really make it rain- unlike someone like Nintendo or Sony who could make some very practical business moves such as implementing some long requesting feature or announcing a long sought after project, I don't really see what Microsoft is aiming for with the Xbone. Or whatever comes after, really.

They have been though, especially with the Xbox Play Anywhere program they implemented so PC and Xbox players could play together. The only they are missing from their console is exclusives, which is obviously a crux when it comes to consumers buying new consoles. I'll admit, they've been pretty bad with holding onto rights to exclusives (Titanfall for example, as well as not advancing talks about a Sunset Overdrive sequel and abandoning the project of Scalebound.)

I think they've been stellar with the software and memberships that you can get (such as Game Pass and EA Access, which I still find bizarre that Sony didn't want) but there's no question that Sony/Nintendo blows the competition away with their exclusive games, which is predominately the focus of video game consumers. Microsoft needs to realize that Halo/Gears/Forza can only get them so far, which hopefully they'll realize sooner rather than later.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Free weekend for Ghost Recon Wildlands to celebrate the release of the PVP mode. Play the full base game and multiplayer from Thursday to Sunday!

If you like to eliminate filthy drug smugglers or corrupt military forces with EXTREEEEEEEME prejudice in any way you can imagine (want your friend to jihad the front entrance of an outpost while you sneak in back, why not?) this game is for you!

Even better if you play with friends (enjoyment goes up 250%)

Almost forgot, just click HERE to grab the free weekend deal. Game is 50% off for all versions during the free weekend AND you can pre-load so you're ready to kick cartel ass in full Tacticool style come Thursday!

Last edited:

TY

can agree, Wildlands is a great game and a whole lot better if you have 1-3 friends to tag along.

Although please let me never fly a helicopter, I have a 100% crashrate on those things :(

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I found the controls to be quite unwieldy in the beta last year.

Arsenic

Years
  • I found the controls to be quite unwieldy in the beta last year.

Some of them have gotten somewhat better.

For example, Pilot armed helicopters now have gimballed weapons (You can aim the choppers weapons) But they removed explosive death bullets to compensate (While you can aim now, It's harder to clear bases because the miniguns dont have 20 ft radius explosive bullets anymore...)

TY

The controls from what I have experienced have been really smooth.

I'm just incapable of flying one without crashing it into the ground... and when the landing goes well... something always seems to magically happen to make the heli explode :(

pkmin3033

I expect Scalebound will eventually get recycled into something completely different.

...then again, I thought that about Fortress, too.

Arsenic

Years
  • I think the devs of that already said they were already onto another project but Idk maybe.

I hope if it does get recycled it at least retains some of the basic concepts... I was super pumped to have a dragon as an ally for once...

pkmin3033

You saying that makes me miss Panzer Dragoon. We've not had one of those games in nearly 15 years though...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • WOW CLASSIC
    I AM SO HYPE, OH MY GOD
    I want more details! Gonna be a great Blizzcon this year!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It seems most of the issues COD was having with the servers and long load times have been solved. Which is good, because this is the best MP I have played in this series in a long time.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • It seems most of the issues COD was having with the servers and long load times have been solved. Which is good, because this is the best MP I have played in this series in a long time.

Load times will probably be even shorter once the game is played on an Xbox One X tbh.

-Izuna-

Banned
    Years
  • If people like complaining about Survival Horror but being fun because you don't get to kill stuff as efficiently as you should normally can, then I highly recommend Brutal Doom 64 to be played by those looking for a great balance between Action and Horror >:3

Arsenic

Years
  • Xin, is that you?

So what do people think about Take Two's future business strategy that they revealed to their stockholders?

Back