• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Halo 3 is officially 10 years old today.

No anniversary edition because they know their own multiplayer (As in H5 + H6) will never be able to match it (And yes I am thoroughly convinced that 343i is afraid of Halo 3). So sad that their own failure is keeping us from getting a full HD version of the game.

Today is a sacred day in the gaming world spend it well!

I turned 7 the day it was released

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
AHAHAHAHA.JPG

HA! HAHAHA AAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Ah, people still salty over poor PC ports of COD, a console game? Okay.

Arsenic

Years
Ah, people still salty over poor PC ports of COD, a console game? Okay.
\What do you mean by this? Are you saying it is acceptable that a multi-million dollar franchise put up a unstable version of their game for full price?

Also from what I've read, it's equally that it's yet another reskined Copy+Paste of CoD 4 and that it has worse optimization than Star Citizen.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
\What do you mean by this? Are you saying it is acceptable that a multi-million dollar franchise put up a unstable version of their game for full price?

Also from what I've read, it's equally that it's yet another reskined Copy+Paste of CoD 4 and that it has worse optimization than Star Citizen.

To be fair - and this could totally be me speaking out of my ass right now - has Sledgehammer Games ever made a PC aversion of one of their games before? Or is Activision responsible for the port?

I thought about making a thread about it, but I'll just post here...

As some of you may know, I have quite an extensive collection. One problem that comes with it is I don't take the time to play all those games. What I used to do on other VG forums that have since died was writing reviews about games I own. I would play a game for a certain time, then give my opinion on what I liked/disliked. I own classics, hidden gems, good games, not so good games, oldschool, newer release, a little bit of everything pretty much. I could also take special requests once in a while. I'd probably be able to write two reviews per month (maybe once every two weeks). Would you guys be interested in reading those?
Id like to see it! My suggestion would be to consolidate all of your reviews into one "megathread" - I'd love to hear your thoughts on some games! (:

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

They can do whatever they want. If the consumers are stupid enough to fall for it every time, that's on the consumers. COD is a console game now. Has been since, oh, COD3.

For example, you remember that tweet from a Payday 2 dev that went viral, saying if people wanted to play the competent version of it, they'd play it on the PC and not consoles? Same thing here, only you don't have a dev coming out and saying it.

You have me coming out and saying it. The biggest COD fan here.

Arsenic

Years
Alright, I'm going to keep the top half of this objective.

Figured I'd talk about the beta now that I've played it myself.

I only played War mode, as that is all that sounded interesting. The objectives were always only attack/defend for my games, so I didn't experience any variety of tasks, but it does make room for slightly slower gameplay all together which is a good thing. The gunplay feels awfully dated, and connected hits do not give desired feedback, and the bad sound design doesn't help. Then there is performance... my matches were 50% 9 fps, 50% 50 fps, which makes gameplay rather difficult as you can't get adjusted to either before it changes again.

Now I'm going to be less professional.

If you're going to rehash a game that feels a decade old before its even released... you could at least take the time to do a half-assed port. Couldn't even do that. If your not going to put in the effort, keep your fucking game off steam.

I swear if Activision didn't have bungie, they would be irredeemable in my eyes. Speaking of which, it's funny how a company that hasn't made a PC game since, 2005 I think, can make a port so good I want to cry, but a company that releases every two years can't do shit right on the PC world. At least we know which game will survive longer here.

Oh and did I mention that both CoD WWII and bf1 have widespread red dot sights? I mean, the Fuck?!

Rant over.

If anyone needs to redeem WwII after this experience, a little birdie tells me Day of Infamy will soon be having a free weekend on Steam. Dice up some doughboys with an fg42 for free.

Also also, I haven't seen it mentioned, so how do people feel of yesterday's RDR trailer?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
They can do whatever they want. If the consumers are stupid enough to fall for it every time, that's on the consumers. COD is a console game now. Has been since, oh, COD3.
Problem is- well, there are two problems, I suppose.

The first is that CoD of today isn't CoD of the last generation. They can't get away with doing stupid shit like they used to, and the reaction that was garnered by the previous game cements this idea. They sell a pretty good stock, sure, but advertising and development cost money, and mediocre sales for their once reigning franchise aren't going to cut it. But they also can't keep fucking up, "Call of Duty" is a name that isn't exactly as attractive to the masses as it used to be.

The second is that it's 2017 and this shit is incredibly amateurish. Especially for a franchise like Call of Duty, regardless of where the bulk of its fanbase is, their PC ports should at least, at least, be sub-par. Especially since it will be held up to a pretty high standard, if for quality alone. Also it's 2017. The more I think about this game having a bad PC version, more that that PC version would be a port, and more that that bad PC version which is a port is a port of Call of Duty I get progressively more annoyed.

GG Activision. No shame and getting a better dev to port your game if your current one isn't up to the task.

Arsenic

Years
GG Activision. No shame and getting a better dev to port your game if your current one isn't up to the task.

I'd also like to point out that the problem doesn't fall solely at the feet of Activision (as much as I hate them) as Destiny 2's PC port gets an A+++. Beautiful optimization. So many options you can do everything from run the game on a modern potato to making it beautiful with your mini-NASA supercomputer. Wonderful controls come standard and can easily be edited to suit individual tastes.

Both games published by the same company, both outsourced for PC ports. Obviously only one of the two contractors knows what the hell they're doing...

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Can't wait for my life to be sucked away by Stardew Valley. Waited this long. Thursday the wait is done.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Oh man good thing I don't own a Switch. Stardew Valley would steal what's left of my social life for sure. Make sure you enjoy the game for me :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
So Nioh's coming to PC this November.

In other news, God is real.

I'm a little bit bummed that it ain't getting pelted the Xbox. Not surprised in the slightest, but I would have liked another "Dark Souls" alternative than Lords of the Fallen on the One (god what an awful game *shudders*)

Arsenic

Years
While I'm excited for Halo Recruit, I am afraid mSoft are going to be VR Nazis with this and not make it compatible with other VR Platforms like it should be. We don't need sub-system exclusives on a system.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
While I'm excited for Halo Recruit, I am afraid mSoft are going to be VR Nazis with this and not make it compatible with other VR Platforms like it should be. We don't need sub-system exclusives on a system.

Was this just recently announced? Do we have any footage of this? And more importantly *cough* will there be achievements tied to this game *cough*

Arsenic

Years
Was this just recently announced? Do we have any footage of this? And more importantly *cough* will there be achievements tied to this game *cough*

It was announced yesterday or the day before. It's not a game, but a short "introduction to the world of halo, some characters, and maybe a warthog" it's penned as a five minute experience just to test the water and will be $free.99 on the win store.

Most importantly you can stand toe-to-toe with a mighty sangheili and feel vastly inferior.

They also say they'll be running the demo in msoft stores.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Speaking of Halo, next game in that series better be incredible, otherwise the community will be demanding the franchise be given to another developer.

Arsenic

Years
Speaking of Halo, next game in that series better be incredible, otherwise the community will be demanding the franchise be given to another developer.

A lot of us already are

Still have my reach statue. Sold the Halo 5 one because it hurt my insides to see the difference in quality.

Back