• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facebook pet peeves

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm sure a good amount of you use Facebook either daily, once a week , or every now and then. So there's probably things that people do there that annoy you. So what are some of your Facebook pet peeves?

If you don't have Facebook, please don't say "I don't have Facebook lol". You're best off not posting if that's all you say. If you don't have Facebook, but have other social networks (like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest ,Vine, etc) you can give pet peeves you have from those sites.

One really big Facebook pet peeves I have is when people literally post about everything. I have a friend who posts every single mundane thing she does and it annoys me so much. Let me give you examples.
Spoiler:

I think you get the point. If we weren't really good friends, I probably would've unfriended her by now.While yes, Facebook is for you to update people with your life, but no one needs to know every little , mundane thing you do everyday. No one (or very few people) cares what you're making/having for dinner, that you got wasted with your friends last night, or that you're out on a walk. Because that's what everyone does everyday (or a good amount of people for getting wasted) and you're not doing anything different.

Another one is vaguebooking. For the uninformed vaguebooking is "An intentionally vague Facebook status update, that prompts friends to ask what's going on, or is possibly a cry for help."

So things like "Wondering if it's still all worth it." "Well that can't be good" "im so done with u and all ur stupid crap." And my favorite from a former Facebook friend of mine. "Yes I do have feelings! Yes I'm hurt! Congrats u won. The worst part I didn't know it was a game!"

And then when someone asks what's wrong, they say "I don't want to talk about it." or "it's not your problem." or respond in a way that doesn't mention what's wrong.

Honestly , if you don't want to tell anyone what's wrong then you should post it on the Internet where all your 500 friends can see it. (Sure we have Dear Anonymous, but I feel that's different since it feels more anonymous and no one really asks you what's wrong.And it's designed to be anonymous while Facebook is more out in the open.)

TL;DR don't post about everything in your life. Don't post vague status and then when people ask say "I don't want to talk about it."

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I used to be really good friends with this chic and all she does is post about thin privilege and that, that guy isn't in her life and that all boys are d*cks and some stuff. It really annoys me how melodramatic she is. Like she's always calling herself ugly and that she'll die alone and that just everything SUCKs. it is so annoying.
I use facebook 24/7 but I dont really post anything I just talk to friends.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
I don't have a bookface anymore. I've had 3 or 4 different accounts, but it always ended the same way so I just don't use it anymore. Still have plenty to share. It'll be kind of long, so I'll try to make it more amusing.

There were several people that posted everything. Everything. With photographic evidence!~
emot-byodood_zpsb1798b68.gif
"We're sitting out on the deck!" [picture]
"Morning coffee!" [picture]
"Lunch!" [picture]

There's two that whined about eeeeeverything.
"My back hurts. :c"
"I did so much work around the house.. I'm so sore now!! :c"
"I'm calling in sick, I just can't go to work today."
Omg, you both work part-time. As cashiers. Calm the ♥♥♥♥ down, life is not that hard for you.

Also I have a cousin who does both and then some. She whines about how awful her life is and how depressed she is, she constantly boasts about her 17-year-old daughter's "accomplishments," and she fills us in on every moment of her day. She knows we're dying to know how many dead ants she saw in the kitchen today. She's just that thoughtful.
emot-allears_zpse70c1239.gif

The longer I saw this crap, the less I wanted to be around them. I deactivated my bookface to save my friendships. it did not work.

thin privilege
This is a new phrase. So.. I had to google that because it sounded so ridiculous. And then I checked 5 or 6 different sites to verify what the hell I just read.

..Seriously? That's a thing now?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I really get annoyed with people who post Like for TBH or like for anything really. Most of the people that do those things literally post them like every day or every other day and I just can't stand it. Also girls who post more than one picture of them posing in a bikini. So in general I hate attention ♥♥♥♥♥s and ♥♥♥♥ty mc♥♥♥♥tersons.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
My "ex" best friend (currently just see her as a acquaintance) used to post her problems open on facebook to see.
Sure she didn't name the persons in question but the posts were so detailed that you could tell who she was talking about.
She would write a whole book on how she hated someone that very moment 'cause he/she did that that that and that.
Another thing that I find annoying are people that fake to be this good looking person and whatnot. And another thing that bothers me is that they get away with it, like.. seriously it's obvious that's a famous actor/actress how can you not know? How naive can you be ;___; .
And then you have those friends that make convos on every status you post.. you have a chat for a reason...

Years
None of my friends post obnoxious things, but I still have friends from like elementary/middle school who I haven't bothered purging from my friends list because some of their statuses are actually quite amusing. Sometimes though, and I hate to admit this, but whenever one of those people who bullied me in elementary school complains about bad stuff happening to them, it gives me a sense of satisfaction. But otherwise, I hate when people post complaining about someone else's complaints...That's kind of hypocritical.

Years
My tolerance for annoying facebook status' has gone through the roof as of late, but there are still one or two things that really get on my nerves. The main one being people who seem to think facebook was used for them to broadcast their extreme views and people who think its necessary to put "Ginger has just meowed at a dog lol!" in all caps. My partners mother is always guilty of this. Even when she's sending out a nice message to everyone or something it's just got to be in capital letters with an exclamation mark at the end with no other punctuation.
As for the other one, it's mostly just people who seem to think that they have to fight every single minorities corner 24/7. I have a few friends who will post on a status about watching peter pan over princess and the frog and state that it's "typical patriarch, picking the white man over the black woman" or something equally as dumb.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh boy, I have a list.

-Posting statuses to dead people. If I'm dead, kill me again if I'm checking Facebook from the afterlife. This isn't for the dead person, this is performative grief.
-People that write back and forth on each others' walls so I see pages and pages of posts on my news feed.
-People that are very clearly marketing a public persona.

Finally, and this one I can't really say anyone should change, but anyone who likes, shares, comments on, or posts a video. They autoplay and I get mad at anyone who puts them in my news feed in any way shape or form.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I really get annoyed with people who post Like for TBH or like for anything really. Most of the people that do those things literally post them like every day or every other day and I just can't stand it. Also girls who post more than one picture of them posing in a bikini. So in general I hate attention ♥♥♥♥♥s and ♥♥♥♥ty mc♥♥♥♥tersons.

These too. They're clearly seeking attention to get people post to their wall or compliment then. And then those "share if this" or "like for that". Examples : "Only 90s kids will get this. Share and like if you understand!" "How many likes for this kid with cancer? 1 like = 1 prayer" "Like and share if you Jesus! Ignore if you love Satan and will go to Hell!" "Ignore and this person will die!"

It's like, no liking and share a post isn't the same as praying. If you want to actually to pray for that kid, just do it , you don't have to like it to show you will.

And you won't go to hell if you ignore it. If so, I'd be in Hell already worshiping Satan and here I am still a Jesus loving Christian. Also a lot of things "only 90s kids remember" carried on to the 00s or existed since the 50s/60s/70s/80s. -.-

Oh boy, I have a list.

Finally, and this one I can't really say anyone should change, but anyone who likes, shares, comments on, or posts a video. They autoplay and I get mad at anyone who puts them in my news feed in any way shape or form.
I'm thinking (but can't remember) that only happens on videos uploaded directly to Facebook and not links from Youtube right? Cause that autoplaying thing so annoying. Especially on mobile. What honetsly made FB staff think that cause I stopped scrolling, that must mean I'm watching the video of my friend's baby saying something stupid? Or some random Vine my friend shared?

My peeves are those that follow:

_______ has gotten a {stupid item or thing} in {some nondescript game}!

and

_______ has sent you a request to play {some nondescript game}!

I don't play facebook games as I have something called a gaming system that is a lot more imaginative and doesn't require half your personal info to play.

Game requests are annoying too! Thank God Farmville is no longer popular cause that was the worst culprit. I still get a good amount of game/app requests, but Farmwille was the most annoying cause of how many people played it causing billions of request daily. -____- Facebook games are just awful too so why do people think I want to play them? I have 3DS/DS games and home console games that are way better.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-Posting statuses to dead people. If I'm dead, kill me again if I'm checking Facebook from the afterlife. This isn't for the dead person, this is performative grief.

While I kind of don't like this, it doesn't bother me too much because I know people grieve in different ways. When my friend Toby died, I don't think I tagged him when I posted about it, but I know others did and I thought it was weird, but at the same time, for those that were close to Toby, it was nice reading all those nice messages on his wall. Toby couldn't, but for those of us mourning our loss, it was great to see how many other lives he touched. That's just how I see it, though. I definitely understand how weird that can be. Like I said, I thought it was weird at first, but gained a different perspective.

Anyway, my things would be most of what Kouzan said. I especially hate when people I went or currently go to school with post statuses with crappy grammar. It's even worse if I know I had English classes with them. I WAS THERE. YOU WERE THERE. WE LEARNED THE SAME THING. AND YOU STILL CAN'T TYPE?!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Oh boy, I have a list.

-People that write back and forth on each others' walls so I see pages and pages of posts on my news feed.
-People that are very clearly marketing a public persona.

You should check out FlashBlock. They have a Chrome version, too.

My peeves are those that follow:

_______ has gotten a {stupid item or thing} in {some nondescript game}!

and

I don't play facebook games as I have something called a gaming system that is a lot more imaginative and doesn't require half your personal info to play.
If you turn off platform, you won't receive those. Otherwise, you can turn off notifications for specific games I think by going to your notification box and clicking the "X" on the right, and then click "hide all notifications of this type."

Years

I know that feeling ;; Seriously. What is up with everyone playing Candy Crush Saga? And I distinctly remember turning all game notifications/invites off, but for some reason there's still a couple people who managed to slip past that >>;; It's super annoying.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
"Share/like this if you love your mom!"

>_>

Or, you know, you could just call her or something. I'm sure she'd appreciate that way more.

And other pointless "like this if you ___" posts like that.

Sir Codin

There's a reason I filtered out Bitcomics from my Facebook feed.

Years

This. Thank God somebody has said this.

I don't use FB much, but I sorted out my friends list a while back so that it accommodates only people who are my proper friends and people who I like. If they annoy me on FB, I am not reluctant to remove them. This makes FB a more pleasurable place than it could be. The only thing that bugs me now are the groups that I stupidly joined three years ago that have now come back to haunt me by posting ♥♥♥♥ that's irrelevant to that group constantly, like pointless vines. I hate vines.

There's also the fact that I was forced to download messenger onto my phone and tablet to access the chat system, which really hacks me off.

Back