• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Horror Video Games (ahahahahaaha~)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Well, it's Friday the 13th, so why not! Have you guys played any Horror-genred video games? This includes things like... Zombie rampages, etc, etc.

Which ones have you played? Do you have any favorites? What do you think of the Horror video games in general?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't played any horror games before, because I'm not very fond of them. The closest thing that I've ever played to a horror game was Luigi's Mansion for the GameCube. It was kind of a scary experience for me to get into that big dark mansion, and it was even more scary when I finally started to encounter the Boos. You never knew when they were gonna show up. They would just randomly jump out at you. xD You were able to remove these ghosts with the vacuum though, but they always had the ability to reappear.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I think I played quite a few actually, my favorite being the Silent Hill series.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Played a few of them: most of the Silent Hill games, all of the Fatal Frame games, and some other obscure ones.

In terms of overall experience, Silent Hill 2 is at the top of my list. Atmosphere is frightening, and the story, for a horror game, is rather deep. Much prefer the psychological type of horror games.

Rule of Rose, while not as good, is another one which at times is just downright creepy. Gameplay sucks, but if you can get past that, the story and overall feel are pretty well done.

I really haven't played any horror games from the current generation. Been wanting to play Amnesia for awhile, but keep putting it off. Heard it's a pretty awesome.

Nakala Pri

I once played Slenderman at midnight. My siblings couldn't do it without screaming so I just walked into that forest, found Slenderman then tried to murder him.

I guess I'm brave when it comes to horror games? I don't play them often but when I do, I'm usually the one who ends up blowing the baddies brains out. >:D

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I just got copies of Outlast and Paranormal.

The only other horror games I've played is the Dementium series and F.E.A.R. I've played F.3.A.R as well, but it's not as scary as any of its predecessors.

Back