• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Boycotting & You

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Are there any products/people/etc that you refuse to engage with, for whatever moral or ethical reasons you may have? Furthermore, what do you consider effective boycotting?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Used to boycott certain large corporations and products for moral reasons.

I stopped when I realised that not going to Walmart was far worse of a proposition for my life than avoiding them for whatever theoretical or political reasons I had concocted in my head. I learned that the paths to success and happiness imply a lack of concern for things you can't change – luckily I didn't have much delusion about collective impact or the like, so it wasn't too painful to reform.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This was more of a dumb grudge than anything else, lol. I boycotted a local store because they refused to sell my fiance cigarettes, despite being of age and having ID - strictly because I was present. I was like 22 at the time so it would be perfectly legal, but I wasn't even buying them. I just didn't have my ID with me because I wasn't the one driving. He was denied service because I was in the immediate area. :/

But then we quit smoking so no reason to boycott anymore, haha.

Back