• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How big would an Onix egg be?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I would guess an Onix age is huge but how big would a Wailord egg be? Wailords twice the size of Onix lol. If the trainer has Machamp then just tie a rope around it and pull it lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
All the eggs are the same size though. Each egg is maybe a foot large so really it wouldn't be that hard at all.

droomph

weeb
Years
From what I've seen in the anime, eggs don't hatch. They simply "evolve" into their basic form. So in that case, a foot long egg should be able to fit a Wailord in that sense.

Food for thought.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No the Eggs are put through an evolution as well. They still get the magic light before the egg changes. Even in the Anime the Evolution like hatching is still hatching. All the eggs in the games are roughly the same size too. Hence why we only get 1 sprite minus Manaphi's. You even get incredibly small Pokemon to hatch from 1 foot eggs too. A Pokemon like Joltik is about half the egg size.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Basically, I agree with what everyone else said. An Onix egg is the same size as a regular Pokemon egg. It's just that when the egg hatches, it "evolves" into the baby Pokemon as seen in the anime (though it also has the touch of actual hatching in the games).

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
I've asked that question about every Pokemon ever since Pokemon Snap.

In that game the bird trio eggs were a size relative to the birds. So, you'd figure every Pokemon would be like that.

Last edited:

.Scream

Professor
Years
I like to assume that all eggs are roughly the same size and the Pokemon would grow into their full heights and weights.

Sirfetch’d

The bigger(or smaller)question is how small would a Joltik egg be?

blue

gucci
Years
If it was in size then a Wailord egg would be much larger than an Onix egg but from what I remember all Eggs are the same size in the Pokémon world.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
either about the size of a small house or regular size and an onix the size of an ordinary snake would pop out.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm just going to assume there are such things as Onix babies, so the egg would be normal sized until the baby Onix goes through its childhood and puberty until it becomes a man Onix. Or woman Onix depending on its gender. Pokemon do age. Let's not throw reality out the window here, using reality in the loosest possible form.

Back