• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Transformation [T]

Years
kantojohto2.png

(As you may or may not have seen, this is a revamp of one of my first RPs at Pokecommunity. I hope that it will go well this time!)

Pokemon Transformation is a game where you, a human, are turned into a Pokemon. This is a very free-thinking game, so you can choose your own destiny. You can become a trainers Pokemon, you can be wild, heck, you can even form a colony of Pokemon! The options are only as limited as your imagination (and some basic rules).

Signups are CLOSED.

Current Players:
grishnax as Casey Jameston (Cubone)
Nideous as Kira-Anne Smith (Eevee)
EGKangaroo as Mathilde Klausen (Mareep)
DJYosh as Beyard Conway (Ferroseed)
Godzil as Robert "Bob" Baimbridge (Purrloin)
Jacinth as Caroline "Carrie" Leigh (Pikachu)
Zeph. as Barry McKendrick (Munchlax)
Wolf in the Rain as Felix Roke (Riolu)
FinalMaster as Blair Whitley (Eevee)

Current Reserved People:
Ray Maverick
KoboraX

Player Stats:
(I took the liberty of giving everyone their starting moveset. If any of you have a problem with this, tell me somehow.)
104.gif

Casey
Lv. 5
Moves: Growl, Tail Whip

179.gif

Mathilde
Lv. 5
Moves: Tackle, Growl

597.gif

Beyard
Lv. 5
Moves: Tackle, Harden

509.gif

Bob
Lv. 5
Moves: Scratch, Growl

446.gif

Barry
Lv. 5
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl

447.gif

Felix
Lv. 5
Moves: Quick Attack, Foresight

133.gif

Blair
Lv. 5
Moves: Tackle, Helping Hand

Plot Summary:
Spoiler:

Story:
Your story begins on Earth, not the Pokemon world, as a human. You have had no previous interest in Pokemon, but you know about it. Some of your friends play it, and some of the information may have rubbed off onto you, but you don't have much interest in Pokemon. One day, a strange package arrives at your house, addressed to you.

Is your life bland? Do you yearn for adventure? Do you wish that you could have powers beyond belief? All you need is our new device, the H.T.P.! It will give you an amazing adventure that will be guaranteed to astound you. This is completely free, with no strings attached! All you have to do is follow the included instruction sheet, and your adventure will begin!

You reread the letter, looking for fine print to say something about money, but there is nothing. You decide that it's a good deal, so you go to read the instruction sheet. It explains that all you have to do is open H.T.P., and the rest will explain itself. You decide to check it out, to see if it's worth it. H.T.P. is an unmarked black box, with a single edge jutting out. The edge is obviously where you open it from. When you open H.T.P., the world goes black.

When you wake up, you can't see anything. You hear a loud storm, and you're rocking back and forth. There is a salty tang in the air as well. From what you can imply, you're on a boat, but how did you get there? "Captain, we're not going to make it! You hear a voice yell.

"Stay on course, you cowards! We'll make it to the port!" A gruff voice replies loudly, and then says, "Gah! The cargo!" You find yourself tipping, and then falling. Then, as you smash against the tides, you fall unconscious] once again...

You wake up to find you are on a beach, in the wreckage of a broken crate. There is a forest near the beach, and it appears that there is a town about a few miles down the coast. As you get up, you notice that your hands look different. You go over to the water to check your reflection, and you find that you have turned into a Pokemon!

For this RP, unlike the previous Pokemon Transformation RPs, we will be using the Kanto/Johto regions. I figure that it will be interesting to see what happens in a larger area. You can see exactly where we are by the arrow with the 'You Are Here!' line in the picture at the top of the page. If you can't tell by the map, that means that you're in a cove, on a beach northwest of Pallet Town.

Rules:
1. Follow the forums rules, both the RP and general forum ones.
2. No spamming. Any post where spam is detected is to be ignored. This includes asking when the RP starts.
3. No flaming. All flaming posts should be ignored, but if it gets into a flame war, I will report whoever was in it to mods.
4. Don't post unless it's for signups, reservations, or if you have already been accepted.
5. Once the game has started, don't make an OOC post. You can have a sentence or two of OOC if you think it's necessary, but not an entire post.
6. You must be a Pokemon that can go on land. That way you can access all of the two regions.
7. You have to be a first form Pokemon.
8. You can't be a legendary.
9. You start at level 5, no exceptions.
10. There can only be one of each kind of Pokemon (ex. there cannot be two people playing as Pikachus.) This is to inspire variation.
11. If you haven't joined yet, PM me if you have questions instead of asking them in this thread.
12. You can reserve a spot as long as the 'Signups' at the top says open. The other condition is that you have to post your SU in the same post as the one you reserved your spot in.
11. If you want to join after the game has started, PM me. I might still let you join, depending on various circumstances.
13. Your History, Personality, and Appearance must have at least one paragraphs each.
14: Posting is pretty much a free-for-all, but there are two things that you can't do:
a. post after yourself (with one exception; see PRP rules)
b. have a two-person postathon (meaning that you and another person post back to back without other people getting a chance to post)
15. If you breed and have a child, you can control the child as well as your original character.
16. NPCs are your responsibility; you create them, you control them. Other people have to ask you if they want to control them.

Signup Sheets:
Name: (Name/nickname)
Age: (12-19, though you can PM me if you feel you need to be older/younger than that.)
Pokemon You Want To Be: (Should be obvious)
Personality: (What is your character like?)
Appearance: (What does your character look like? Make sure to include both a human and Pokemon description!)
History: (What has happened in the past to your character? Remember, you can't show any interest in Pokemon, and are not from the Pokemon world.)
RP Sample: (Spoiler tag or link. If you don't have a sample, you can write what happens right before you open the H.T.P.)​

Other Stuff:
It might be more fun for everyone if you grouped up with a bunch of other players. That way, it won't be just a bunch of personal adventures in the same thread.

Leveling up will be based on what you are doing in the RP. For example, you won't gain experience if you just laze around for most of the game and let other people do stuff for you. You can gain experience in many ways, some being fighting, building a habitat/living space, entering contests, general survival, etc. I'll tell you by PM when you level up, but you don't have to post it in this thread. I'll also tell you when you find a special item, like TMs or other cool stuff. The only time that you need to post what I PM you with is when you gain a new move or evolve. As for moves and evolving, you'll go by the real Pokemon's patterns. You can also learn the same TMs and breed with the same types. Breeding is up to you, so if you want to, go for it. Just don't go into details.

We will be using the Black/White Pokedex, so you may run into some Pokemon from the 5th generation, even though this is the Kanto/Johto region.

You can understand yourself and other Pokemon, as well as humans. However, humans cannot understand you. I wanted to make that clear, just so nobody makes a stupid mistake.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Hey, I remember this! I was that one annoying guy who was rejected for following almost none of the signup rules, wasn't I?

Let's see if I can get it right this time. Reserve me a spot please.

EDIT: Here we are!

Name: Blair Whitley

Pokémon You Want to Be: Eevee

Personality: Blair is an unusual person. He is often quiet when he first meets people not out of shyness, rather preferring to stay quiet until they prove themselves worthy of his attention. He is, as that implies, somewhat of the opinion that he is above others, and unsurprisingly this often gets him in trouble. He prefers to stay out of the limelight, and has perfected the art of blending into crowds and remaining almost completely inconspicuous. That's not to say he isn't chatty, though. If he finds someone who he thinks is worth talking to, he will. Not. Shut up. He cares deeply about his few friends and will always defend them. He is honest to a fault and will always honour his promises if possible.

Although he may not seem the part, he is also highly competitive in his own way, and will do anything he deems reasonable to secure a win. Previously this was in video games and mild sports like table tennis or pool. Now it's in actual combat.

Appearance: As a human, Blair was tall (around 180cm) and slender. His unshaven face was framed by long, messy and unkempt hair, its dark brown almost an exact match for his eyes. His nose was pointed, and his features sharp. He was usually seen wearing a plain green shirt and jeans. He was absolutely, completely intolerant of cold, and for this reason was always wearing a jacket or two. His usual choice was a blue hoodie.

As a pokémon, he looks almost like a normal Eevee. The only difference is that his eyes are a darker brown.

History: Blair was raised as an only child in a small suburban town in Victoria, Australia. His parents were fairly wealthy, and he was somewhat spoilt. From this he began to gain a 'better than you' attitude, although with careful management from his parents, it has remained only mild. Overall, he had a fairly normal upbringing – except for one incident.

When he was 7, he almost drowned in a swimming pool. This has left him scarred and he refuses to travel via boat or swim on principal as a result.

He was exceptionally slack – just about the only thing he could be bothered doing was taking care of his cat, Mia. In a similar manner to Blair himself in the general public, virtually no one else in his family cared about the cat's existence, and this convinced him to bond with her.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Reserve please. I like the looks of this. ^^

Name: (Name/nickname) Kira-Anne Smith
Age: (12-19, though you can PM me if you feel you need to be older/younger than that.) 17
Pokemon You Want To Be: (Should be obvious) Eevee
Personality: (What is your character like?)​

Kira is a friendly, if shy person. She loves people and loves to be around them, though she lacks the social skills to interact much. She can be a little naive, and incredibly stubborn, but is generally easy to get along with. She is a little timid, and hates fighting, but lavishes attention, especially when it is given to her from someone she likes. She has a bit of an arrogant streak in her, and that can show sometimes when you try and tell her not to do something. She can be hard to rile and provoke, and if you do somehow get her mad, she will usually burn her anger out quickly and become very solemn and quiet. If you can become her friend, she is very loyal and will do nearly anything for you. She loves animals, and seems to attract all sorts of people to her, for reasons she has never understood. She is recovering from a severe attack of her nner demons, so whenever something reminds her of them, she will tend to go quiet and that is never a good sign from her.​

Appearance: (What does your character look like? Make sure to include both a human and Pokemon description!)​

As a human, Kira is rather plain. She is a little short, and has soft hair that is a sort of rusty red color. Her eyes are a deep bottle green, and are full of life. Her pale skin is very soft and thin, showing that she doesn't go outside much, and she is very skinny. She doesn't eat that much, something that worries her parents. Her clothing generally consists of a long light blue sundress, and a pair of black flip flops to go with it. She has a few scars on her wrosts, but won't ever tell anyone where they came from.​

As an eevee, she looks fairly normal. The main differences are that she has soft, rusty red fur instead of the normal brown, and her eyes are a bright green color. She also has a light blue ribbon tied in a bow around her neck, which she is quite fond of.​

History: (What has happened in the past to your character? Remember, you can't show any interest in Pokemon, and are not from the Pokemon world.)​

Kira was born in a small country town in Georgia, where the population was lower than the number of DWIs in any given year. She had a fairly normal childhood, though she was always the one getting picked on. As a child, she played pokemon Silver, but quickly traded it to her friend for a different game. It had been fun, but just did not catch her interest. As far as her life, she was very normal. But that all changed when she turned 15, She was riding home with some friends of hers, and her boyfriend was driving. They had all been at a party and were drinking, and crashed into a tree. Her boyfriend was killed, and she, being the only sober one, felt incredibly guilty. She went into deep seclusion and turned everyone away for a long time, and tried to kill herself. When that didn't work, her parents got her into therapy, which has seemed to help along with some anti depressants to keep her mood stablized. Now, she is nearly back to normal, though she still blames herself, and this small town is getting to become like a person where she can't escape her past. Until she was invited on this "adventure", which she promptly jumped on. Anything to get her away from her home, and the scars of her past.​

RP Sample: (Spoiler tag or link. If you don't have a sample, you can write what happens right before you open the H.T.P.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I'd like to reserve too, please. I'll post the sign up here, later today.

And I am done:

Name: Mathilde Klausen
Pokemon You Want To Be: Mareep
Personality: Mathilde is an energetic, and self-confident young girl, with a fiery attitude and a red hot temper. She was usually considered somewhat tomboyish in nature by her peers. She's optimistic, and rarely gives up easily, instead aggressively attempting to tackle a problem. She can react violently when she notices people doing wrong, and she'll often stand up for the weaker person. She makes friends rather easily, and is most at comfort in a friendly atmosphere.
Appearance: Mathilde, as her human self, is somewhat short, standing at only 5'2" tall and weighing 111 lbs. She has dark brown hair, which she tends to keep in an easy to wear medium length pony tail, and she has icy blue almond-shaped eyes. She has a lightly sun-tanned skin. She usually prefers to wear casual clothing, sticking to jeans, and a plaid shirt over a white sleeveless shirt.

As a Mareep, she has fluffy beige wool, on her otherwise pale blue fur. Her dark yellow ears and tail carry thick black bands, and the orb on her tail is of a light yellowish orange colour. She stands at a height a little under 2 feet.
History: Mathilde Klausen was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, in a large middle-upper class Danish-Norwegian family. She was the middle child of a family with three children, with both a younger and an older brother. Her father was a biologist, who often had to make trips abroad for his studies, and during the summer vacations, he'd usually bring his family along with him. She's been all across the world, and enjoyed travelling thoroughly.

During her early years at the folkeskole, she was sometimes mocked for her rather boyish attitude. She more often hung out with guys than with girls, and was interested in things that people thought were more typically meant for boys. However, her aggressive nature would make most think twice before trying to insult her. She usually performed okay at school, though her grades were certainly not excellent. In her later years, she began to identify herself with a group of video game fanatics at school. She befriended them rather quickly, and got into the scene with a lot of ease.

When one day, she received the strange package containing the H.T.P., she opened it up immediately to test out what it could have been, and the world blacked out around her.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7149825&postcount=20

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
My SU
Name: Jack 'Leftie' Jones (yes EGkangaroo and gusfromholland, I reuse the same name)
Gender: ummm..... Memale, no, Fale...uhhh. Male. that is my choice.Yes...male.
Pokemon You Want To Be: ZEKRO-oh, darn... Snivy please!
Personality + History(I like to do them at the same time): Leftie had an extremely troubled past, as such he is not what people would consider normal. Though his deductive reasoning abilities, strategic planning and incredible debating skills are all a benefit of the trauma, he secludes himself and doesn't like human contact. He is left handed (an important note that people often forget) but, so as to gain the acceptance of his peers at school faked being right-handed and, as a result is now ambidextrous. He is a VERY quick learner, and with an IQ of over 250 it's not too surprising. He isn't very talkative with those he feels that are beneath him, some would say he has a superiority complex only enhanced by the insane computer skills that he boasts, being able to hack into the US department of defence is no easy feat! He, like all humans, has his pitfalls, he has a rare case of severe Dysgraphia which greatly impairs his writing, and he sometimes processes things so fast that he gets a throbbing headache which can sometimes knock him out. All in all, he is an interesting person to be around.
Appearance: Because pictures are for the lazy among us!
Pokemon_Trainer_4_by_Emeraldus.png
and
361696.jpg

RP Sample: ummm, I'll link to a RP im currently in:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277749&page=5
it gets better... Methinks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Name: Beyard Conway

Pokemon You Want To Be: Ferroseed

Personality: Beyard is a stubborn and rough-around-the edges individual who has a tough time forming emotional bonds with people. He is skeptical of most individuals, but this rough exterior hides someone who is a very caring individual.

Appearance: Beyard is a medium height, dark skinned individual. He has medium length red hair. He often wears green, with his favorite shirt being an army green. He is tall, and has a reasonable amount of bulk.

As a ferroseed Beyard looks mostly ordinary, however his silvery coating has a slight copper tone to it. His black irises have a slightly red tint to them.

History: Growing up Beyard did not have a whole lot of friends. He was sometimes seen as intimidating by his peers, so he had a very tough time creating friends. The few friends Beyard had growing up, however, he stood up for them at any occasion. It was not an uncommon sight to see Beyard standing up for people who cannot stand up for themselves; he has a bit of a reputation among the 'unpopular' crowd of people somewhat of a guardian.

Beyard never payed much attention to media such as TV or video-games. He was only vaguely aware of what pokemon was when he received the device, but he isn't one to put down free stuff.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Would you kindly reserve me a spot?

Name: Robert "Bob" Baimbridge
Pokemon You Want To Be: Purrloin

Personality: Bob is a friendly and outgoing person, always excited to see new things or meet new people. He is interested in learning things, but has generally poor social skills, so he tends to be more reserved around others. He tends to view every conversation or new experience like a puzzle, and he takes his time to carefully plan his approach before joining in. Unfortunately, he tends to over-analyze and takes a long time to complete a task.

Appearance: As a human, Bob is 6 ft. tall, 160 lbs. His hair is dark brown, and kept short, but is usually messy. His eyes are blue, and he wears a pair of small glasses. He usually wears an orange T-shirt and a black blazer, with navy blue jeans and green crocs.

As a Pokemon, Bob is identical to an average Purrloin, but his coat is pure purple, lacking the cream-colored portions on his face, neck, shoulders, and back. In addition, his eyes, rather than green, are orange.

History: Bob was a loner as a child, due to his reluctance to interact with others. Other than his lack of friends and love of reading, he had an average childhood. "Average" sums up his life quite nicely, actually. No truly remarkable events stand out in his life, and after school, he moved to a small apartment and got a dull, repetitive job, merely existing and coasting through life. This may be why he was chosen by the H.T.P., as his life was incredibly bland, yet he yearned for adventure and a chance for more. For this reason, he pened the box with hardly a moment's hesitation, the pro's far outweighing the assumedly nonexistant con's.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7046470&postcount=166

Last edited:
Years
I was planning on posting again after I made my character, but since there are so many people interested in this, I'll just review everyone who has posted an SU.

Nideous is Accepted. Very nice SU!

EGKangaroo is Accepted.

pokeman10000 is Denied. I have a few reasons for this. One, you didn't follow the SU format. This isn't too big a deal, and doesn't really affect your denial, but I felt I should mention it, since some people might take it a bit more seriously. Secondly, your RPing skills left something to be desired. I noticed a few errors in your earlier posts, and your later posts were way shorter than I'm comfortable allowing. This may just be me being picky, but eh. Finally, your character. I feel like it is a minmax on the mary sue scale. What I mean by this is he is extremely mary sue-ish at some parts, and completely anti-mary sue-ish (to an extreme extent) in other parts. Also, I doubt that any 13 year old, no matter how smart, could hack into the US Department of Defense. I'll be blunt here; if you want to try to get in, you'll have to make another character.

DJYosh is Accepted. Your RP sample was absolutely superb, but I would like if you could go back and add some more details to your SU.

Godzil is Accepted. I felt that I should mention that you barely got in, since your SU was short and your RPing skills were good, but not exceptional. If you could extend your SU a bit, it would be nice, though not necessary.

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
Hmmm, I get what you mean by the Mary-sue-ish parts, though since this is all made up, I thought it might be OK. As for my RPing skills, you could always check some of my other RP's and I don't mind doing longer posts. I could also get rid of the US department of defence as well, though if a new character is a must, then I guess the RP isn't for me.

Years
Honestly, I think the best option would be to make a new character. Sorry, but I just don't see that character working.

Anyways, I made my character:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Casey Jameston

Pokemon You Want To Be: Cubone

Personality: Casey doesn't know the meaning of the word 'limits'. Often, he challenges himself to go above and beyond what is required. Although he isn't exceptionally smart, he always challenges himself to study hard, resulting in him having some of the best grades in the class. The downside to these 'challenges' is that he will almost never stop trying, even if it is literally impossible. He is very outgoing and friendly, but has a hard time making friends due to his natural tendency to try to outdo them. While doing anything, Casey tends to acts very aggressively, even if he is in a good mood.

Casey is usually good mood, but when he gets in a bad mood, he gets in a really bad mood. It can sometimes take days for him to get better. When he is feeling bad, he doesn't generally use violence to solve his problems. Mostly, he takes his anger out on other people verbally. However, since he is usually in a good (or at least neutral) mood, a lot of people don't even know about that side of his personality.

Appearance: While he was human, Casey was about 5'7" had short pale blonde hair which tends to spike up. His eyes are dark brown, and he is exceptionally pale. He tended to wear khaki pants with tan hiking boots, as well as a tan polo shirt with a dark brown gazelle logo on the collar. He also has a broken silver watch stopped at 6:30, which he inherited from his deceased grandfather.

After he turns into a Cubone, Casey has all of the standard Cubone features, as well as the bone that came along with it. The only strange part about him is a small dark splotch on his neckline. It looks vaguely like a running animal.

History: Casey was born in Canada, but moved to California when he was only two years old. From elementary school to early middle school, Casey was actually not nearly as challenge-based as he was currently. In fact, he was somewhat reclusive. However, a near-death car crash that killed his grandfather and broke both of his legs changed his view on life. In memory of his grandfather, he began to wear his grandfather's watch. Originally, seeking challenges was just because he had nothing to do at home except rest. He began to challenge himself to do little things for excitement, like various exercises, or beating video games quickly. One of the games that he beat was Pokemon Red, but after beating it, he never played it again. After he recovered from both broken legs, he returned to school with a new and cheery attitude. He began to gain friends at a rapid rate, but lost them just as fast due to his new nature. Only two friends stuck with him constantly. Their names where Jake and Katie.

Later, in high school, Casey was challenged to climb a sheer rock cliff. He accepted, and almost made it to the top. However, he fell at the last moment and broke many bones. Since then, he has been restrained to bedrest in a hospital, literally unable to move most of the time. This was pure torture for Casey, and when he eventually got out, he was warned that he could not do more 'dangerous stunts' like climbing, swimming, even running. Casey went into a minor depression, since he was not allowed to do anything even remotely strenuous. He skipped school, and eventually dropped out all together. As far as he was concerned, his life was a failure. Then, that mysterious package arrived...

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

RP Sample #2: (This one is from the first Pokemon Transformation, posting it as an example for other people and because I feel like it.)
Spoiler:

Years
Jacinth is Accepted. As a side note, that is one dark past... It isn't a bad thing, though. Kind of interesting, actually.

Anyways, seeing as we have another reservation and another acceptance, I think I'll close the signups for now. If some people get rejected, which hopefully won't happen, I'll open them again. We'll get started soon, I promise!

(Also, I can't wait to begin either!)

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Thanks alot, grishnax! I have quite a dark past myself, so it feels a bit strange to play as a happy go lucky character. Not that I make my characters a mirror image of me; that would be plain creepy. o_O

Oh, and I'd just like to say, even though it's not that big of a deal, the sprite for Pikachu you put at the top of the page has a male sprite, not female. It doesn't really bother me, I just wanted to point that out. :)

I'm really excited for this to start!

Years
Since I'm impatient it's already been around 5 days since I originally posted this thread, I think that we should start soon. Thus, Pokemon Transformation will start on June 10th. If your SU is not complete by that date, we will start without you. That doesn't mean you can't join, it just means that you'll be joining while the game is going on. If you post your SU while the game is going on, please post it in the OOC thread instead of here. This only applies to people who have already made reservations. If you are not reserved, you will not be allowed in unless some spots open up. If all of the reserved people are accepted or rejected, we will start then instead of the 10th.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Alright then. I'm terrible and chose the worst possible time for writer's block.

Thankfully, I have backups for situations like this. A few signups of mine are from RPs that never made it, but are still good quality. I'm going to examine my backlog and extensively retool one to work with this RP.

So hopefully I'll have a worthy SU before the game starts.

Back