• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon 0x800000

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
THIS HACK HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
I'm REBUILDING THE WORK I HAD WITH POKEMON FIRERED AS A BASE​

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
s4mCcok.png

Story​
Everyone becomes an adult at some point in their life right? As an 18 year old you must do so very quickly. Your mother having recently moved away to Kanto, and unconfirmed reports of a Pokemon Pandemic in the region, little do you know that The Porygon gifted you by the removal man may hold the key to wiping out the virus before it spreads too far. OH? Explore Team Magma heartland, as they try to harness the destructive power of the virus and channel into pokemon to use for their evil desires. ? You might even end up on the other side!

Screenshots:​

Spoiler:

Features:​

---->Porygon as starter
---->Whole new region!
---->Slightly more mature and adult friendly than conventional games (No inappropriate content)
---->MANY POKEMON and MOVES buffed!
Spoiler:

---->''The Infected'' A whole batch of unpredictably typed and movesetted Pokemon
---->Team Magma Heartland: Gym system replaced by Magma Recruitment Posts.
---->Slightly tweaked Pallettes on maps (I like Emerald's default tiles)
----> All Evolutions obtainable (No trading)
Spoiler:

Credits​

---->AdvanceMap 1.92/1.95
---->A-Trainer
---->XSE / FSF
---->GenIII Hacking Suite
---->Move Editor
---->Many members of this very forum for helping me with Scripting...

MORE TO COME

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
So, what kind of a tool is "Porygon as starter"? ;)
How did you came up with that name?
Porygon as a starter is at least new. The story...well at least there's one although I'd like to know more ^-^

Pokémon Trainer 188

This is the first hack I've seen where you get a Porygon as a Starter so when a Download link comes out I'll be sure to give it a try!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Okay, Magma runs the league lmao.
Spoiler:
I can see tile errors and some palettes that doesn't match up. Anyways, good luck there!

M0ZEPH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
To answer some questions, the name is derived from a Free-space offset used commonly within hacking, and yes, @Daigonite: there is a techno-theme to the hack, or will be. I feel Porygon is a really underused Pokemon and really want to bring it into the forefront. I also like the idea of a dark Pokemon game.

@Saturnus The pallettes will be a few min fix, so there's no worries there. There'll also be a new connection where the tile errors you speak of are.

@satoshi. I can't guarantee it!

I wanted to get the name out there, which is why the post is a bit thin in places, however I will add to it over the next few days. I can't confirm when a download will be available but there's still some work to do.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Oh goody, I've been waiting for a new emerald hack to be introduced. Very nice screenshots by the way!

M0ZEPH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I do plan to change the Hero OWs just haven't got round to it yet :)

Spoiler:

ALSO NEW SCREENSHOTS. Mostly just maps for now, as the scripting will be done mostly after mapping is complete for the Alpha.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Why are you making Bite and Crunch Normal type? It's the dark typing that makes them good IMO. Why don't you implement the physical/special split instead? That'll really help Pokemon like Porygon.

String Shot as an attack sounds interesting, especially if you're buffing the weaker bugs like Butterfree, Beautifly, and Dustox.

Also, you should increase Giga Drain's PP, and buff Knock Off to 65 BP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I love your idea of Porygon as a starter! I always thought Porygon deserved a little more attention =P Are you planning on putting Porygon-Z in the hack?

M0ZEPH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I don't see anything 'dark' about them. Many non-special pokemon learn them and can't put them to great use. I thought about the Physical/Special split. I may implement it not sure yet. Extremespeed will be made learnt by a few more pokemon and I think that can restore something decent to dark types. The Giga Drain/knock off ones Sound like a good idea also though.

And yes I do plan to help 'most' bug types become more usable. I'll release a full list once I've worked out which pokemon I can afford to leave out. (there won't be too many)

and YES, I want to put Pory-Z in. I thought about making the evolution a branching one ... (Pory2 being more defensive and PoryZ being more offensive)

M0ZEPH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I DID, but forgot, haha.

I'll shortly add in the list of pokemon evolution changes

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
I've always gotten into a hack for the storyline (because Gens 1-3 made up the end bit of my childhood as well as the majority of my teen years, so I hold a special fondness for the original tiles (especially Gen3-I can see RSE tiles and FRLG tiles boasting 2 opposite motifs-nature and urban, respectfully.)), and this one has really intrigued me. Can't wait for a download-just a heads up is that I mainly play using a PSP emulator.

M0ZEPH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I grew up with Pokemon Ruby personally, over 1000 hours played on one game...

Although I do wanna go with the digital motif, The maps themselves I don't want to feel too futuristic, nor the cities or anything. It's not TOO futuristic, but the story HEAVILY revolves around Porygon.

It's not gonna please everyone but the initial idea was that people have to have Porygon with them to progress in the story as it's the key.

EDIT: for two reasons: That I cannot find A suitable patch that would allow me to implement the Phys/Spec split without having to Restart, and wanting to keep the Gen III feel to it, I will not be using it.
I will update any Pokemons' base stats who suffer heavily as a result of this.

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Looking Good, and Good idea for Porygon as Starter! But, in the mapping, there a few tile errors bro, so i would recomened you to scan through that as well! Other that, its pretty Good! Good luck in completing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back