• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Magneton Caption Contest! #8

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome, or welcome back dear Pokémon General poster!
    In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it keeps going this well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use. So cool, swooooon.

Judges of #8:
    mucus
    & Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
    • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
    • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
    • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
    • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #8

caption%20contest.png

This panel is picked by this week's judge, mucus. It's a bit longer than usual, but that only gives you more freedom with creativity~!

HINT: Okay, it's probably one Pikachu which makes more sense if the strip is read from upper right to left. But you can do differently if you want! Just state so in your caption post then.

494920-i499.photobucket.com-albums-rr360-freaks4boo-pikachu.gif

Best of luck!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pikachu : What is that???
    Pikachu 2: Let him taste some of my....
    Red : Oh wow ! a Pikachu !!
    Boy : Man I just love Pikachu.. they are so fluffy and cute and cute and .... I just want this pokemon !!
    Pikachu 2 : Say what !!! Why you....!!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    (they are two Pikachu, right? I was a bit confused by that but if you think so too, that's probably it ._.)

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • pretty sure it's just 1 pikachu, boy's.
    I can't enter, but I filled in the text anyway.
    Read counterclockwise.
    Caption%20Contest%20-%20null.png

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
    Years
  • LEFT TO RIGHT
    the upper-leftmost one(left of the one with Articuno)
    Pikachu: I'm gonna watch some Television shows!
    (On TV...Strip 1 - 3)
    strip 1
    Pikachu(TV): Woah! It's Articuno!
    strip 2
    Red(TV): Hey Pikachu, wanna eat?
    strip 3
    Red(TV): We've won the Pokemon League, Pikachu! Yay!
    Pikachu(TV): I'm a Pikachu. I'm a Pikachu.
    strip 4
    Pikachu: I can't understand this TV show!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha xD Okay, it's probably one Pikachu which makes more sense if the strip is read from upper right to left.
    But you are still allowed to interpret it however you like ^^

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • (From top left to right with panels separated with spaces.)

Pikachu: I've trained for months, I'm the strongest, manliest pokemon who ever lived.

Pikachu: An Articuno? If I take that down, surely I will be feared by all.

Red: Wow! A Pikachu!

Red: You're just the cutest little guy!
    Pikachu: Wait, what? Cute?
    Red: You're so adorable!

Pikachu: YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @RHCP : I got it after reading from Upper Right to Left. I think you forgot to add the advise in the Panel this time
    I can add it, but you guys are still free to state that you want your caption to be read in the other way, if you want!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Left to right, top to bottom:

Pikachu: "I'm Red's number one battler!"
    Articuno: "Please, I basically have 'one' in my name."
    Red: "Hey Pikachu, there's something I want to tell you."
    Red: "You're one of my strongest Pokémon, so I want to tell you something special."
    Pikachu: *thinking "Oh boy, he's about to tell me that I'm his number one battler!"
    Red: "I've been thinking, since Articuno is my number one battler, that you should no longer battle and participate in contests instead."
    Pikachu: "Our friendship is over!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

#8 winner...

caption%20contest.png

Left to right, top to bottom:​
    Pikachu: "I'm Red's number one battler!"
    Articuno: "Please, I basically have 'one' in my name."
    Red: "Hey Pikachu, there's something I want to tell you."
    Red: "You're one of my strongest Pokémon, so I want to tell you something special."
    Pikachu: *thinking "Oh boy, he's about to tell me that I'm his number one battler!"
    Red: "I've been thinking, since Articuno is my number one battler, that you should no longer battle and participate in contests instead."
    Pikachu: "Our friendship is over!"​

jsziede - You managed to turn this tricky, long series of images into something smart and funny with your text!

Congratulations! You will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner. I will contact you through PM.

Thanks to our brave contestants who got captions up for this week's panel! Also an extra thanks to mucus, this week's judge.

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun~ Let's take something incredibly short and crazy next week, jsziede. Or maybe you have an idea already?

~​

Back