• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghosted by friends

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Have you ever been ignored by supposed friends. It hurts. They pretend to care but dont really

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It happens. It's hard not to be accompanied by thoughts of "What did I do wrong"? But generally, I became more accepting that friends come and go.

A couple instances in high school where the person who I'd spent the last couple months around would cut communication. Both times, it was because they had found a more popular group to hang around. One day I would just show up to find them giving me a cold shoulder. I'd blame myself until I figured out the reason.

Worse than ghosting are friends who act nice alone, but become meaner in a group setting.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
It's still cold and callous. Oh yeah I'd meet people who acted nice solo but were immature dicks in groups

Years
Yep, it's so common for people to just ignore you instead of actually communicating and discussing any issues.
It's lost me a lot of friendships because people expect you to be able to read their fucking mind.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
A couple instances in high school where the person who I'd spent the last couple months around would cut communication. Both times, it was because they had found a more popular group to hang around.

I can relate a lot to that. I have a friend who spends all of his free time at school with his own group and we almost never chat. I can't really blame him for that, as it's good to be around people we identify ourselves with, but I still feel kinda sad. I realize I'm not the center of his universe so I just kind of accept it, really. I feel bad for acting weird with him and with people that have nothing to do with it though, and I hope he's doing fine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Most of my friendships over the years ended because, I guess, we ghosted each other. Realistically we just grew apart and I guess maintaining the friendship wasn't important to either of us as much as it was in the past.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Most friends, aren't your friends.. They're only your friend cause they benefit from you being their friend.
Some friends are only in our lives to teach us or for us to teach them something.
Some people do nothing but hurt, and have no compassion for doing so cause they don't feel obligated to give a fuck.. It's basically when they want to give a fuck.
People are flakey, and fakes the new real.
It's just how society evolved.. Lots are self centered and egotistical. Cause they feel they're more important than everyone else.
If someone has to go by their rules and do things their way and when they want... Then they're self entitled people.

Last edited:
Back