• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Well... despite having a full team on my Red version, I still wasn't satisfied. Something bugged me. And then I got what it was: Mew. It is great, but I don't like using legendaries. Last time I played Red (after replacing my battery on the Red cartridge and to try out the Super Game Boy) I used Mew on my team as half HM slave, half last resort. This time, however, I decided to put it into a box and pick another Psychic-type Pokémon. I opened my notepad and planned out the teams for the other two versions, with the intent of not using the same Pokémon more than once. After thinking about what Psychic-type I could use to replace Mew, I ended up choosing Hypno. The problem was, however, that there was no one left on my team who could use Fly. Charizard was an obvious candidate for that, but he can't learn Fly in Pokémon Red! So... I put the Red version on stasis and started the Yellow version for the time being, all I wanted was to get to the point where I'd get the HM02, then trade my Charizard from Red there, teach it Fly, send it back and resume playing Red.

Red playthrough stops here. Yellow playthrough starts here.

So, here I am, Yellow version. Just like what I did in Red, I did some grinding from the very start, demolished Blue west of Viridian City and returned to Pallet Town to get my free 5 Pokéballs. Between the free balls and the ones I bought, I could catch quite a few Pokémon, but ended up boxing all of them, except for a Nidoran♂ who stayed on my team.

During the trek through Viridian Forest, I used Nidoran♂ almost exclusively (especially against cocoon Pokémon, for more experience :) ) and by the time I got to Pewter City, it knew Double Kick. Brock went down without a problem. Not much to say about what happened in Route 4 and Mt Moon, everything went as planned.

I got to Cerulean, fought Blue and got to Bill's house. In the meantime, Nidoran♂ tried evolving, but I held it back: it was one level away from learning Poison Pin, so I thought I'd just let it learn it. One level later, I let it evolve. By the way, I got both Bulbasaur and Charmander, and simply boxed them. Every time I play Yellow, I feel obligated to use the three starters, this time I made a conscious effort to NOT use them. Besides, I already had a Poison type in Nidorino.

I got back to Cerulean, battled the Team Rocket member and went south to capture an Abra... yeah, the Mew glitch just became a thing for me to do every time I play Gen 1. I caught Mew, and then boxed both Mew and Abra, as I had another Psychic-type in mind. I followed with a battle against Misty, where I used Pikachu's Double Team a lot during the battle against Staryu, and Starmie couldn't touch me even once.

What I did after this was... less orthodox. I traded Pikachu and a Sandshrew to my Red version and taught them Flash and Cut respectively before trading them back. Instead of going to Vermillion , I decided to go to the Rock Tunnel, at first simply because I wanted to add the next member to my team: Machop. Right then and there, I realized that both my Pokémon were weak against Ground-types, and there were a lot of Hikers on the route leading to the Rock Tunnel, but I persisted. Despite having lost three times, I persisted and emerged victorious. In the meantime, I ended up giving my Nidorino a Moon Stone, and the Dig TM to a Machop I caught and kept as a permanent member of my team.

I headed to Celadon, got the HM02... and then just decided to keep playing until I got my entire team in Yellow as well, which was not shaping up to be an easy task, as the Flying Pokémon I wanted on my team was Aerodactyl, which meant I had to go to Cinnabar Island. But, whatever, I persisted. I went to the Rocket Hideout, wiping most of the guys with Machop using Dig, and Machop ended up evolving. As soon as it did, I traded it back and forth to make it evolve again. I then went to meet Giovanni for the first time, and between Tunnel and Low Kick, Machamp had no problem with Giovanni at all.

I bought a drink for the guard and unlocked Saffron. Before going to Lavender Town, I decided to at least be chronologically consistent with meeting Blue and, before going to the Pokémon Tower, went to the SS Anne (battling trainers on the route between Saffron and Vermilion) simply to meet and battle him. Immediately after this, I went back to the Pokémon Tower and met him there again. And after that I realized, once more, that I might be a little underleveled for this place: the Ghost Pokémon dominated over me with Night Shade. But I kept pressing on, and eventually found Mr Fuji, who gave me the Pokéflute.

I went south, captured the first Snorlax, and received the Super Rod, which was instrumental to get the Water Pokémon I had in mind. Immediately after this, I captured the other Snorlax and, while avoiding absolutely everyone on the Cycling Road, fished out and caught the fourth member of my team: a Shellder. Immediately upon arriving to Fuschia, I went to the Safari Zone and, while looking for the Surf HM and Baoba's dentures, I caught the fifth member of my team: Exeggcute.

To make my team complete, I needed to be able to use Surf. But for that, I needed to battle Koga. As my third Gym Leader! And, predictably enough, between being absolutely underleveled and my two most powerful Pokémon (Nidoking and Machamp) being weak to Psychic-type moves that Koga's minions absolutely love to use (and, by the way: it is supposed to be a POISON-type Gym, guys!!!) , I got my rear end handed to me more times than necessary. But, being stubborn, I persisted. With a team varying between levels 20 and 35, Koga's level 40-50 Pokémon were a pain! I used Pikachu's Double Team a lot during my battle against the three Venonats, but the last one ended up knocking it out. I lucked out against the level 50 Venomoth: my low-levelled Shellder managed to use Supersonic on it, and got knocked out immediately after; and then Machamp finished the bug off with two or three uses of Strength while Venomoth battled with its own confusion. And that's how I got the Soul Badge as my third badge... yeah, I've said before, this is one unorthodox playthrough.

Without Lt Surge's badge, I couldn't use Fly, so I travelled back to Pewter City through the Cycling Road (again, while avoiding everybody) and Diglett's Cave. I got the Old Amber, pulled the Sandshrew with Cut from the PC, went south while bypassing the Viridian Forest (I got the HM05 while I was at it), and then went straight to Cinnabar Island to revive Aerodactyl. I then headed back north to Pewter City (going through Viridian Forest this time, as Sandshrew went back to the box the moment I got Aerodactyl) and crossed Diglett's Cave.

This is when I decided to get the playthrough back on track and train my new recruits while I was at it. The SS Anne was my next destination. But then, I remembered why I started this playthrough in the first place: I needed Fly for my Charizard on Pokémon Red. So I traded Charizard here and taught it Fly before trading it back.

So, my Yellow team, as of now, is:
  • Pikachu L33
  • Nidoking L30
  • Machamp L36
  • Shellder (I still want it to learn good moves before evolving it) L26
  • Exeggcute (ditto) L27
  • Aerodactyl L30

Yellow playthrough stops here. Red playthrough resumes here.

And now I was back to Red.
With Charizard knowing Fly, Mew went back to the PC, and a previously caught (and ignored) Drowzee replaced it and learned Flash. I wiped out everyone on the route between Lavender and Saffron, and then went for Erika's Gym. Drowzee was still too weak, so I ended up switching it after the first turn every time I called it, and by the time I got to Erika herself, most of my team were either poisoned or paralyzed because of that. Nevertheless, I prevailed thanks to Charizard and Fly.

After this, I caught the other Snorlax (the one south of Lavender) and ended up wiping out everyone on the routes between Lavender, Fuschia and Celadon. As a result, Seel and Drowzee both evolved.

I'm now entering the Sylph Co building. I'm not going to just go to the end, I fully intend on beating each and every one of the Team Rocket members present there.

Team:
  • Charizard L37
  • Parasect L34
  • Golem L35
  • Electabuzz L36
  • Dewgong L35
  • Hypno L35

Last edited:

Bay

Years
More stuff happened in today's playthrough. After going through Rock Tunnel, visited Lavender Town a brief moment before heading to Celadon City. I went to the mansion to get Eevee, which I nicknamed Undyne, and then went to the department store so I can buy a water stone and evolved it into a Vaporeon. I then bought some Fresh Water for the girl so that I can get Ice Beam, but I gave water to her twice because my items my full lol (I went to sell some TMs I don't need).

Next I went against Erika's gym. The battles weren't that hard, but the annoying parts were how my Charmelon kept getting poisoned and paralyzed. Even worse when some of them would use Wrap/Bind. @_@ Nonetheless, I was able to get my fourth badge in the end.

My next objective is going to Rocket's Hideout in the game corner. WELCOME TO GIOVANNI'S WILD RIDE, I WANT TO GET OFF. (coughs) Anyways, there were times where I had to go back and forth going to the game corner and Pokemon Center because my bag keeps getting filled up, bleh. Eventually I was able to get to him and finished him off easily.

Last thing I did today was going to the Pokemon Tower. Met Blue/Gary there, able to take care of him easily. Like in the Rocket Hideout, my bag keeps getting filled up, so because I don't want to go back to the Pokemon Center I ended up letting Hamilton use the Rare Candies and HP Ups, lol. Got to see the mama Marowak, then after that dealt with the TR Trio and got the Pokeflute. Haven't dealt with Snorlax, but will do that on my next playthrough.

I think what I'll do next is go Fushia Gym and Safari Zone so that I can get Surf for Undyne. She needs one good Water Move. Will hold off Saffron City stuff later.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 38
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Slam
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 31
-Poison Sting
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 32
-Peck
-Fly
-Mirror Move
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 36
-Slash
-Dig
-Ember
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 35
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Headbutt
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 30
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Just ended up finishing the game at 11:32 in-game time. Final team is as follows:

Zapdos L53
Blastoise L50
Nidoking L50
Arcanine L48
Mew L100 (didn't use it at all. Caught it at level 1 so it jumped to level 100 instantly)
Weezing L40

Years
Finally allowed to play this again after finishing a few assignments.

I'm still managing to take a lot of time with this game, I don't think I've ever completed something so patiently.

Time: 14:32 Badges: 4 Pokedex: 46

Since the last time I updated I have beaten Erika, Giovanni x2, Gary x2 and about a million rocket grunts.

Team as of now - Dugtrio Lv.41, Butterfree Lv.38, Raichu Lv.36, Venusaur Lv.33, Pidgeotto Lv.31, Primeape Lv.28.

It has started to become a big struggle to keep Primeape on the team, it took a while to get him to evolve. I'm considering dropping him even though I wanted to complete it with my favourites, but I'll check to see if he learn any good moves soon first. As before, I'm still planning to replace Dugtrio with one of my favourites which I'm now thinking of it being Lapras instead of my originally planned Dragonite. Both would be pretty time consuming to train, but at least Lapras knows surf. I did consider Jynx for a very quick period before I realised obviously it has to be nicknamed on this due to in-game trades.

Potential departures - Dugtrio, Primeape.
Potential replacements - Lapras, Dratini (Dragonite), Seadra (I have one in the daycare so there's a chance it might be decently levelled and it can learn surf), Rhydon, Growlithe (Arcanine), Haunter (Gengar).

I just realised Dragonite can surf which surprised me so I guess that wipes out most reasoning for not picking Dragonite.

Time to get back to the main point of the journey and collect some gym badges.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Badges: 4
Playtime: 52:04
Pokedex: 44
  • I won the Rainbow Badge from Erika, so with that I can teach Duduo Fly so I can go back to Viridian City...
  • ...but before I did that I went to pick up the Super Rod
  • Then I flew back to Viridian so I can catch a Lvl 30 Poliwag at the League Badge Reception Gates and then train it to a Poliwhirl
  • Passed Cycling Road to Fushsia, went to get Surf and Strength
  • Thought about it, so I decided to teach (Arle) Mew Surf and (Combo) Poliwhirl Strength...that was until I had the brilliant ide of trying to catch a Dratini instead
  • Managed not only catch one, but a Dragonair instead (never caught any of the line in my original Yellow so that was a personal achievement for me)
  • Substituted Combo for Dragonair, now nicknamed Kiryu to train
  • Currently on Route 15 training for Koga.

And that's pretty much the gist of it.

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Still playing Red... so now I battled all trainers on all mainland routes, and I'm ready to go to the sea. There's only one loose end remaining, one last encounter with Team Rocket... the Sylph Co.

So, there I went. And I was thorough: I fought every single Team Rocket member I could get to before obtaining the Card Key, got the Card Key, and then started from the bottom again, this time opening all doors and fighting everyone. By the time I got to Giovanni, my Pokémon were 5 levels behind his, but I had type superiority on my side, so down he went, and I got the Master Ball.

Nothing special to say about Sabrina and her gym, if not the fact that I thought Parasect would be of more use that it ended up being. Leech Life, the move that suddenly stopped sucking after Parasect had evolved now started sucking again. So I ended up besting Sabrina with Electabuzz and Dewgong.

The Fighting Dojo was obliterated using Hypno and, mostly, Charizard with Fly. By this point, Charizard was, once again, lagging behind all other members of my team, so it was a way to get it up to speed.

Still hungry for blood, I went to Fuschia and rode my Dewgong to Seafoam Islands, once again fighting each and every trainer I could find, and swimming in zigzags to make sure I missed nobody. I got through the Seafoam Islands in a couple of minutes, only stopping to catch Artikuno.

After arriving to Cinnabar Island, I immediately revived Kabuto and Aerodactyl (and boxed them), and then explored the Pokémon Mansion, catching as many Pokémon as I could (including Weezing, so that's cool) . After that, I suddenly changed my mind about battling Blaine for the time being and flew to Cerulean. Going east, I entered the Power Plant and caught several Pokémon, including Zapdos.

And now, Blaine. I didn't use the machines to skip battles, but instead powered through using Golem, Dewgong, and, due to his resistance to fire, Charizard. Blaine went down in a couple of Surf moves by my Dewgong.

I went back to Viridian city the hard way: surfing north (and wiping out everyone, once again) . Giovanni went down without any troubles (except for the part where he tried to give me the TM, once again, my bag was full) . So I went west, battled Blue, crossed the Victory Road (and captured Moltres while I was there) and ultimately found myself at Pokémon league.

Here I was, at Plateau Indigo. I sold all my nuggets, bought a ton of Hyper Potions (I had to return to Cinnabar Island for those :( ) , Revives and Full Heals. Going in, I was afraid of being at a disadvantage, since my Pokémon were all around level 45, and Charizard and Dewgong weren't of a high enough level to know the Fire-type move and the Ice-type move I usually rely on (Flamethrower and Ice Beam). I decided, just in case, to teach them less accurate moves (Fire Blast and Blizzard) instead, since I already had the TMs. Anyway, despite my apprehensions, I went in and... won! The moves I thought would not work actually did, and did so well. Dewgong in particular CRUSHED Lance's dragons with Blizzard, it helped that Dragonite kept spamming Agility for no reason instead of, you know, attacking.

So I was back home, and had one more thing left to do: go to Cerulean Cave and catch Mewtwo. But this time, I decided to make it interesting: I decided to not use my Master Ball. After a few run-ins with Electrodes that kept exploding, I thought the Master Ball would be better spent on them.

Anyway, Mewtwo. My Hypno went in first, and used Flash several times. After Mewtwo KOing it with Swift, I realized that Mewtwo knowing Swift would be a problem :) . But, nevertheless, I revived Hypno and kept using Flash until it no longer had effect. And then I switched to Dewgong and started spamming Blizzard. When the PPs ran out, I used Elixers and Ethers; when Mewtwo used Swift three times (or two, and landed a critical hit) I just switched to a more resistant Golem, revived and full healed Dewgong and put it back on. After a few minutes, it finally happened: Mewtwo was frozen solid! Then I just started attacking it with Golem's Strength, and then switched to Dewgong to lower its HPs some more with Headbutt. It was all smooth sailing, until Dewgong landed a critical hit... but, thankfully, the hit left just one pixel on Mewtwo's health bar. I caught it with an Ultra Ball!

So, there it is. I finished Red, and the only thing remaining now is completing the Pokédex, but I can't do it without completing the other two versions first. I think I'll share my progress with the Yellow version, and play that somewhat conservatively (despite my earlier shenannigans, see my previous post) , but Blue... I think I'll just have fun, trade the Pokémon from my team in Blue to a completed game, teach them the more destructive moves, grossly level them up etc etc, before sending them back. I'll break that game :D .

Anyway, the game is finished.

Hall of Fame:
  • Electabuzz L49
    Mega Kick / Submission / Thunderbolt / Thunder
  • Golem L47
    Strength / Earthquake / Rock Throw / Dig
  • Parasect L46
    Cut / Mega Drain / Leech Life / Spore
  • Charizard L45
    Slash / Fly / Ember / Fire Blast
  • Hypno L45
    Headbutt / Hypnosis / Flash / Psychic
  • Dewgong L45
    Headbutt / Blizzard / Surf / Aurora Beam
  • Honorary mention (as a former member of the team) : Mew L32
    Fly / Metronome / Mega Punch / Flash

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Did quite a bit today, including...

Clearing out the route West of Lavender Town, and catching a Vulpix on that route.
Hitting up Celadon City, stealing the Eevee, evolving it into a Jolteon, buying a Lemonade and giving it to the guard so that opened up Saffron City and all connecting routes.
Thought momentarily about buying enough coins for a Dratini from the Game Corner, until I calculated the cost.
Went all the way back to Pallet Town through Diglett Cave and started going back through towns/cities/routes and collecting any items I may have missed.
Collected the Old Amber for eventual revival/6th team member addition when I finally get to Cinnabar Island.
Spent the rest of the day grinding next to Celadon City in preparation for taking on Erika and then the Team Rocket Hideout. Still not done grinding, so it will take a while. No team update this time.

Bay

Years
Not too much happened in today's playthrough. I first went around several routes and Cyclying Road to battle several trainers and then trained Zuko and Mable a bit before going against Koga. I waited until Zuko learned flamethrower, which made Koga's battle fairly easily. I then went to the Safari Zone so that I can get Surf for Undyne.

I want to try training my Pokemon around the level 40 to 45 range before I deal with Sliph Co and Sabrina's Gym. Can't remember how I defeated her on Yellow all those years ago, haha.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 38
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Slam
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 35
-Poison Sting
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 37
-Peck
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
-Slash
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 42
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Psychic
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 38
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Beat Brock and made my way to Mt. Moon to pick up Clefairy. Although, I had to do Mt. Moon over again because I found out there's actually two Moon Stones there and I need two Moon Stones so that was pretty sweet. Also, I forgot to pick up Mega Punch, which Clefairy + Mega Punch is an awesome combo. Clefairy was a lot easier to find than Nidoran let me tell you that.

Cerulean City! Mew Glitch! That was interesting took me awhile to catch an Abra since Sing rarely works. -______-; Beat Ollie, my rival, piece of cake. Went to Bill, fought all the trainers along the way. Still deciding who I want on my team but right now I'm satisfied so I don't know if I'll add more teammates or not. Decided not to evolve Horus because he turns ground and we're facing a water gym...

About to face Misty so cheers to that.

Spr_1b_033.png

Horus Lv. 22
- Leer
- Tackle
- Horn Attack
- Poison Sting

Spr_1b_008.png

Hathor Lv. 23
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble
- Water Gun

Spr_1b_035.png

Bastet Lv. 24
- Pound
- Minimize
- Sing
- Mega Punch

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
My events of yesterday involved me removing Team Rocket from Silph Co. After I got the Card Key on 5F, I worked my way through going floor by floor. Course I did remember about the healing area being on 9F. I of course battled Revan again and got Lapras on 7F. Garland, Kefka, Gabranth, and Cid all gained levels while I was going though. After I defated Giovanni again, I got the Master Ball.

After I finished up my business there, there was other things I had to take care of Saffron. One thing I did was give the Poke Doll, that I bought in Celadon, to Copycat. My next objective is to go and battle Sabrina for my sixth badge. I have seen 105 Pokemon and owned 35.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 52
Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 49
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 33
Moves: Double Kick, Meditate, Strength, Rolling Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 32
Moves: Headbutt, Toxic, Selfdestruct, Skull Bash

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Pokemon Mansion surprisingly wasn't as tedious as I thought. After a while of wandering around and killing wilds along the way, I finally found the Secret Key. Before going to Blaine's Gym, however, I wanted to grind my other Pokemon first. Charles finally learned Flamethrower! So long, Ember! Your low Base Power will not be missed! I also gave Isabella the Blizzard TM (after cloning it with Missingno., of course) so she can hit harder. However, I didn't teach it to Chelsea, since she hits hard enough, and I prefer Ice Beam's extra PP in her case.

Speaking of Chelsea, she may as well have worn janitor's clothing, because she mopped the floor with the Gym! In fact, discounting Quick Attacks from trainers' Vulpix and Ninetales, she didn't even get touched! Volcano Badge obtained very easily! Not at all surprising, since you need Surf (aka the best counter to Blaine) to even reach Cinnabar Island! I decided to put the Fire Blast TM in the PC and not teach it to Charles. The firepower (pun intended) is tempting, but Charles's moveset is already full.

I'm still grinding everyone else, so I'll leave the Power Plant, Zapdos, and Viridian Gym for next time.

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 44)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 44)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 44)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 46)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 44)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 46)

Bay

Years
Today's playthrough I went through Sliph Co, aka GIOVANNI'S WILD RIDE PT. 2, WARP TELEPORTERS EDITION. I first went through all ten/eleven floors to battle against the Team Rocket grunts and Scientists, switching off between Undyne and Dash. I then went through the warps so I can find Blue...which took a while for me because I first didn't realize the card key was in one particular floor until much later and I had to check a walkthrough that you go through one of 3rd floor's warps in order to reach your rival, haha. Nonetheless, I got both Blue and then Giovanni taken care of.

Besides that, before I left Fushia City I gave the warden his golden teeth and got Strength. I also did some hardcore training for Pikachu by battling against all the swimmers in the water routes. I'm thinking of going against the Fighting Dojo and Sabrina next time.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 46
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 44
-Strength
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 42
-Peck
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
-Slash
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 42
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Psychic
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 45
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
My events of yesterday started with me taking on Sabrina at the Saffron City Gym. The battle was interesting, despite the fact that Garland got hit with paralysis. After I defeated her, I flew back to Pallet Town. While I was there, I finally picked up the Town Map, but I did not need it. I then headed south to Cinnabar Island.

When I reached Cinnabar Island, I got the Helix Fossil and the Old Amber revived. One of the two Pokemon became the fifth member of my team. I then flew back to Viridian City to activate a certain glitch. When I did the glitch, I cloned the following items: the Master Ball, Moon Stone, Nugget, and Rare Candy. After doing all the cloning, I then headed to the Power Plant.

While I was at the Power Plant, I caught more Pokemon, one of being Zapdos. I then flew to Fuchsia, where I headed south and west to reach the Seafoam Islands. While I was at Seafoam Islands, I caught more Pokemon, one of them being Articuno. I then headed back to Cinnabar Island.

When I got back to Cinnabar Island, I headed to the Pokemon Mansion. While I was there, one of the Pokemon I caught was the final member of my team. After making my way through there, it was time to head to the gym and battle Blaine. The battle against Blaine was easy. I then flew back to Viridian for my final gym battle.

When it came to my gym battle against Giovanni, I used all but one of my team against him. My next objective is to head to Victory Road and Indigo Plateau. Course I still have not visited Routes 12-15 yet, so maybe I will deal with those routes first. I have seen 123 Pokemon and own 57.

(note: The current levels of my team members are from using a lot of Rare Candy)
Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 76
Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 76
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 76
Moves: Hi Jump Kick, Metronome, Strength, Mega Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 76
Moves: Body Slam, Toxic, Hyper Beam, Solarbeam

Zemus (Aerodactyl)
Lv. 76
Moves: Hyper Beam, Bite, Fly, Take Down

Exdeath (Vulpix -> Ninetales)
Lv. 76
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

Bay

Years
So I went against the Fighting Dojo and Sabrina's gym. The Fighting Dojo I was able to go through very easily with Mable. As for Sabrina, I was actually surprised Bell was able to finish off her lv 50 Alakazam with Drill Peck in one hit, lol.

I then decided to go through the Pokemon Manison to get the Secret Key. I wanted to catch some Pokemon, but then when I wanted to use an Ultra Ball I got the message letting me know one of my boxes is full, lol. I didn't fell like going back to the Pokemon Center so I went through the Pokemon Manison. Not much problem saved for Raticate's Hyper Fang occassionally. I'll go to Blaine's gym next time. I also just noticed everyone but Mable are all now lv 46, haha.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 46
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 46
-Strenght
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 46
-Peck
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
-Slash
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 44
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Psychic
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 46
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
After taking a break from the game after defeating the elite 4 (or so I thought), I switched the game on so that I could attempt the mew glitch and found myself stood in front of Lance with Gary still to defeat, I corrected my mistake by defeating him again

My team; (no level changes)

Pikachu Lv50
Victreebel Lv48
Charizard Lv49
Poliwrath Lv50
Dugtrio Lv47
Snorlax Lv48

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Just defeated Brock, Sand attacked his Geodude and Onix to death then wittled them away.

Team :

Pikachu level 10
Pidgeotto Level 10
Caterpie Level 6

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Now that I finished grinding, it was time to hit the Power Plant! After catching and boxing new Pokemon for Pokedex entries, as well as picking up every item that wasn't a Voltorb or Electrode, I finally made my way to Zapdos. It took a few more Balls than Articuno, but Zapdos was caught! Then I reset the game so I could use a cloned Master Ball to catch it again. Straight to the box you go! Have fun with Articuno and Mew!

Now, it was time to head to Viridian City Gym. One thing I found hilarious was that the Gym guy had no idea who the Gym Leader was, yet Giovanni's name is on the statues! I decided to solo the gym with Charles, since he beat a Gym as a Charmander and a Charmeleon, but not yet as a Charizard. The trainers' Pokemon were all 2HKOed or OHKOed, and Charles got three levels from all the EXP. Now for the final showdown with Giovanni! His first four Pokemon all went down easily enough, but Rhydon made me worry a little, since it had a higher level than Charles and knew Horn Drill. Worse, Dig just barely failed to 2HKO! After Dig brought Rhydon to just a sliver of HP, the Horn Drill came....

...But it missed! Charles had no plans on fainting today! After one Flamethrower to remove that final sliver of HP, Rhydon finally went down, and the Earth Badge (and the Fissure TM I doubt I'll ever use) is ours! Eight badges! Now it's off to Indigo Plateau, as soon as I'm done grinding the rest of my team, beat down Blue for the second to last time, and go through Victory Road! All of this and more next time on Dragon Ba*shot*

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 48)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 48)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 48)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 48)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 48)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 50)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
So, Yellow version. The playthrough continued in a rather mundane way: I went to SS Anne, destroyed Lt Surge with Machamp with Dig. With the Saffron gates opened, I went directly to Celadon and destroyed Erika using Aerodactyl and Exeggutor...

Oh, yes, instead of waiting for Shellder and Exeggcute to learn good moves before evolving them, I ended up teaching them Ice Beam and Psychic with TMs and evolved them. Good stats and all.

Anyway, after this, I started battling every single trainer on the map... and then just went and battled everyone in the sea. I even caught Articuno in Seafoam Islands... with two thirds of my team being weak to Ice, and one being really bad stat-wise (Pikachu, no surprise) , I had to soft reset a dozen of times...

Anyway, atfer Seafoam Islands, I just kept going left and ended up completing the Pokémon Mansion. After this, I just decided to finish all quests and then get the remaining three badges by flying from Gym to Gym to Gym with no quests in between.

So to Sylph Co I went and, just like in Red, I went from floor to floor and defeated every single Team Rocket member. Finished off Jessie and James, foiled Giovanni's plan, got the Master Ball. After that I went to the former Gym and got myself a Hitmonchan, and then immediately flew to Lavender Town, bought repels and went north, to the Power Plant. Zapdos was much easier to catch than Articuno, I could send out Exeggutor to send it to sleep without much worries.

Now that I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do, I did Saffron Gym, Cinnabar Gym and Viridian Gym uninterrupted, in a row, with only breaks to heal my team.

Nothing special to say about the Victory Road and the Pokémon League... well, except this:
  • I have no idea how, but I managed to catch Moltres without putting it to sleep.
  • The one trainer I did't do well against was Lorelei. My team was horrible against Ice-Types, Machamp was my savior.
  • Pikachu managed to not be completely and utterly useless when it managed to use Flash six times in a row while facing Dragonite before getting OHKOed, so that Cloyster could finish it off without receiving one single hit.

Once again, I caught Mewtwo without a Master Ball. Cloyster managed to freeze it solid with Ice Beam, and after having whittled down its HPs bit by bit, it only took two Ultra Balls. So, there, Yellow: done, on to Blue. Bye bye, yellow rat, you won't be missed.

Hall of Fame:
  • Pikachu L47
    Thunderbolt / Flash / Thunder / Slam
  • Machamp L47
    Seismic Toss / Low Kick / Dig / Strength
  • Aerodactyl L46
    Wing Attack / Bite / Fly / Supersonic
  • Nidoking L45
    Body Slam / Poison Sting / Mega Punch / Rock Slide
  • Exeggutor L46
    Stomp / Hypnosis / Psychic / Mega Drain
  • Cloyster L46
    Surf / Tri Attack / Supersonic / Ice Beam

Bay

Years
Before going against Blaine, I went to Celadon City so I can get the Rock Slide TM from the thirsty girl and teach it to Dash. I originally was going to use Undyne for Blaine's gym, but I decided to save her for Giovanni's gym. With Dash's moves being Rock Slide and Earthquake, Blaine's gym was easy.

Next I wanted to get Zapdos and Articuno before going to the last gym. I let Charizard do some training in the Power Plant and Hamilton in Seaform Islands. When trying to catch Zapdos it took me a few resets as I kept accidentally killing it. Articuno, meanwhile, I didn't need to do a reset but I had to use several Ultra Balls to catch it.

Oh, one funny incident in the Power Plant. My Charizard was in low health when it was going against an Electrode. I let it used Dig, thinking I'll be able make it faint first. Big Mistake. It outspeed Zuko and used Self-Destruct, and both Pokemon faint haha.

Pretty much Giovanni, Victory Road, and Elite 4 are the only things left to do. Close to the end!

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 49
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 50
-Strength
-Mega Punch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 46
-Peck
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 49
-Slash
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 44
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Psychic
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 46
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Just arrived at Cerulean City and working on the Nugget bridge 5 after easily defeating my rival. Didnt grab the bulbasaur yet but will do after the 5. Very glad Mt Moon is over, I REALLY hate caves in pokemon games.

Team

Pikachu lvl 16
Pidgeotto lvl 17
Magikarp lvl 13
Paras lvl 13
Geodude lvl 14
Nidoran (fem) lvl 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back