• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokénchi Reveals Nothing New about Pokémon Sun and Moon

Years
  • As Xander said, just because Pikachu appeared doesn't mean he may actually be catchable in-game. So far, Pikachu has been catchable in-game for every generation so far except for 5th Gen but even in those games Pikachu still appeared on a billboard in Castelia City as well as a huge figure near the ferris wheel in Nimbasa City.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Right now a lot of the hate is falling on the Youtuber Giancarlo for his clickbait Youtube title.

As Xander said, just because Pikachu appeared doesn't mean he may actually be catchable in-game. So far, Pikachu has been catchable in-game for every generation so far except for 5th Gen but even in those games Pikachu still appeared on a billboard in Castelia City as well as a huge figure near the ferris wheel in Nimbasa City.

Not lying...I completely forgot they did that with Pikachu in Gen 5. Holy hell. I was playing off the Horsea statue the entire time and listed off a few things they could have Pikachu shown as. That was my freaking area too XD I feel bad now. XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    While this is disappointing, I'm not feeling bummed, oddly enough. I think most of us were expecting the main course of information to come from CoroCoro, and I think deep down we expected this to happen, too. But it does worry me about exactly what we're gonna get from CoroCoro. I know it took a long time to reveal info for ORAS, but ORAS is a remake--all the info we got was just how they updated the old features and characters that we already knew about. There wasn't a whole lot of new stuff to show. But since this isn't Pokémon Z, theoretically all info we get should be new. So if they can afford to start giving us information in May, only 4-6 months before the games' release, it mean either they're planning on keeping a lot of things secret before release, or it worries me about how much content the games will have to offer.

Years
  • I am definitely expecting Game Freak's plan is to shroud these games in secrecy, making us not know much new features and Pokemon which means we will have to discover the rest when we actually play the game.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Big fandom meltdowns like this is the reason why I only trust Serebii with news. Nobody else, not even Pokebeach, Smogon, or Bulbanews/Bulbagarden... I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but I have my legit reasons for it. There was nothing Serebii said that promised actual game footage. I know that some people don't really care for the guy, but when it comes to reporting Pokemon news he's very particular and accurate about it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Big fandom meltdowns like this is the reason why I only trust Serebii with news. Nobody else, not even Pokebeach, Smogon, or Bulbanews/Bulbagarden... I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but I have my legit reasons for it. There was nothing Serebii said that promised actual game footage. I know that some people don't really care for the guy, but when it comes to reporting Pokemon news he's very particular and accurate about it.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. I wonder who translated that there was going to be gameplay footage first.

Years
  • I remembered last minute that there was news coming out. I said to myself "hey wasn't there supposed to be some new trailer today". Then when I checked to see any news I saw it was just the same thing from before but I wasn't really disappointed. I was honestly more confused as to why it as the same thing. Since it's a new game then you would think that everything they show would be new information, especially the second time they show Sun and Moon information. Kind of seemed odd that the second time they show the game turned out to be recycled trailer from before.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    I remembered last minute that there was news coming out. I said to myself "hey wasn't there supposed to be some new trailer today". Then when I checked to see any news I saw it was just the same thing from before but I wasn't really disappointed. I was honestly more confused as to why it as the same thing. Since it's a new game then you would think that everything they show would be new information, especially the second time they show Sun and Moon information. Kind of seemed odd that the second time they show the game turned out to be recycled trailer from before.

Well, this is just on a children's TV show broadcast in Japan. The main point is probably to raise awareness amongst that age group and then CoroCoro Magazine comes out in a couple of weeks with more articles.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    As Xander said, just because Pikachu appeared doesn't mean he may actually be catchable in-game. So far, Pikachu has been catchable in-game for every generation so far except for 5th Gen but even in those games Pikachu still appeared on a billboard in Castelia City as well as a huge figure near the ferris wheel in Nimbasa City.

There was 1 actual living breathing pikachu named Gesundheit owned by a hiker in castelia city as well.

Years
  • Gian has made a response video in regards to the backlash of his Pokenchi livestream. Do you think his explanation was justified, or is he just making damage control?

Just damage control. Granted I'm a little biased in that I reaaallyyy dislike Gian compared to other poketubers (the amount of controversy surrounding that dude. . .)

But his primary evidence is "so many fansites said there would be gameplay"

But. . . "christian today", "kpopstarz", segment next" literally zero of the sites he uses as evidence are reputable, at all. His video title was clickbait, and that's all there is to it really.

*sigh* serebii's original report did mention "first tv premiere footage" and nothing more, and yeah the other sites really blew that out of proportion, but Gian should've done his research imo.

Years
  • Gian has made a response video in regards to the backlash of his Pokenchi livestream. Do you think his explanation was justified, or is he just making damage control?
    I guess it's a bit of both, he is justified in that he is just a fan with no inside scoops getting hyped and talking about it. And it's damage control too since he is willing to give out Amazon gift cards to make up for it. I think that is stupid though and he doesn't need to do that, it only shows desperation in my eyes. If you have already explained why you did the video naming thing, have no solid information and that your videos are just to talk about and get hype for the upcoming games then giving out gift cards because people were disappointed is pointless. That's like a movie being horrible and everyone hating it so the director decides to give all the viewers their money back. What he needs to do is stop the countdown videos entirely.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's not even damage control. He posted his video link before a lot of the news articles he's blaming appeared. He openly said on his twitter accounts that there would be new footage and "You'd be stupid if you thought otherwise."

Now he's bribing people with money for likes and subscriptions, pointing the blame away from himself, he actually blames Serebii for giving out false information, and he tries to act like the bigger bully towards another youtuber who has an issue with him.

The guy is a spoiled brat, incredibly unprofessional, and fairly toxic to the fanbase. If he wanted to do damage control he just had to apologize without shifting the blame. He dug his own grave, he needs to lie in it for a while. He purposefully made that Click bait title which is really what upset most people who are complaining about him. He should have just said "Look, I was wrong. I made this title, I'll change it. I'm sorry." and left it at that. No "but these news sites led me to believe" or "this other youtuber is trying to hurt my feelings wah wah" crap that he put in his video.

I guess it's a bit of both, he is justified in that he is just a fan with no inside scoops getting hyped and talking about it. And it's damage control too since he is willing to give out Amazon gift cards to make up for it. I think that is stupid though and he doesn't need to do that, it only shows desperation in my eyes. If you have already explained why you did the video naming thing, have no solid information and that your videos are just to talk about and get hype for the upcoming games then giving out gift cards because people were disappointed is pointless. That's like a movie being horrible and everyone hating it so the director decides to give all the viewers their money back. What he needs to do is stop the countdown videos entirely.

That's actually called bribing. He's attempting to buy youtube views and likes because youtube pays some people based off their subscriptions and likes. What he's currently doing is a scam and I think a minor felony. Especially if he doesn't give out any gift cards which from what I've seen by a few posters, he may not give out due to other false donations he's made in the past.

I believe he is also violating a few Youtube legal notices as well as has violated Pokemon's legal usage by selling trademarked and copyrighted material to his fans.

Years
  • That's actually called bribing. He's attempting to buy youtube views and likes because youtube pays some people based off their subscriptions and likes. What he's currently doing is a scam and I think a minor felony. Especially if he doesn't give out any gift cards which from what I've seen by a few posters, he may not give out due to other false donations he's made in the past.

I believe he is also violating a few Youtube legal notices as well as has violated Pokemon's legal usage by selling trademarked and copyrighted material to his fans.
    I have never been a fan of him and he either needs to be done with YT or retool his channel. After this stunt he is honestly going to have to do some major changes to even be taken the least bit seriously anymore. Personally I rather see him gone. I didn't know he had false donations before. And he seems to be doing a lot of things wrong right now in trying to rectify this whole mess from what you say. Maybe we just might see the end of Gian.

Years
  • Maybe this is why I never watch Gian's videos anymore (I used to watch is Black Let's Play a few years back)... so this controversy surrounding him is just unsettling to hear about. Trying to get paid for subscriptions and likes on his videos and violating copyright rules? He's surely gone overboard, looking at it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I have never been a fan of him and he either needs to be done with YT or retool his channel. After this stunt he is honestly going to have to do some major changes to even be taken the least bit seriously anymore. Personally I rather see him gone. I didn't know he had false donations before. And he seems to be doing a lot of things wrong right now in trying to rectify this whole mess from what you say. Maybe we just might see the end of Gian.

Maybe this is why I never watch Gian's videos anymore (I used to watch is Black Let's Play a few years back)... so this controversy surrounding him is just unsettling to hear about. Trying to get paid for subscriptions and likes on his videos and violating copyright rules? He's surely gone overboard, looking at it.

I need to clarify a point just so that I'm not viewed as general bashing cause I never heard of this guy until the pokenchi debacle. The Donation thing is something I'm doing more research into but from what I've seen, he took part in a fund raiser to donate to charity, someone raised question if he actually did it though and I haven't seen any other "proof" to say he has.

The violation of Pokemon's legal material: He is selling or advocating the sell of Tshirt designs and Hoodie designs for profit using the Trademarked Logos for Sun and Moon. Pokemon and TPCi can, on legal grounds sue him for improper usage of their material due to this.

Getting paid to produce Youtube material is something Youtube does now, so this isn't really an issue, but from what I see, he also has a Patreon to get money from his followers directly on the premise of getting more videos. I don't know if he is hired by Youtube and paid for his videos like other Youtube Celebrities and groups. There was also an issue about him charging to watch the Pokenchi stream. I've seen people raise this as an issue, since I watched it through a different person I don't know if he did actually charge.

He's got a lot of bad remarks towards him right now and I do feel as if a lot of the info I'm finding against him is somewhat biased. With the short time I've seen his work, I can at least form my own opinion about him, and it's not a very pretty one extra research put the side.

Years
  • I need to clarify a point just so that I'm not viewed as general bashing cause I never heard of this guy until the pokenchi debacle. The Donation thing is something I'm doing more research into but from what I've seen, he took part in a fund raiser to donate to charity, someone raised question if he actually did it though and I haven't seen any other "proof" to say he has.

The violation of Pokemon's legal material: He is selling or advocating the sell of Tshirt designs and Hoodie designs for profit using the Trademarked Logos for Sun and Moon. Pokemon and TPCi can, on legal grounds sue him for improper usage of their material due to this.

Getting paid to produce Youtube material is something Youtube does now, so this isn't really an issue, but from what I see, he also has a Patreon to get money from his followers directly on the premise of getting more videos. I don't know if he is hired by Youtube and paid for his videos like other Youtube Celebrities and groups. There was also an issue about him charging to watch the Pokenchi stream. I've seen people raise this as an issue, since I watched it through a different person I don't know if he did actually charge.

He's got a lot of bad remarks towards him right now and I do feel as if a lot of the info I'm finding against him is somewhat biased. With the short time I've seen his work, I can at least form my own opinion about him, and it's not a very pretty one extra research put the side.
    The shirt and hoodie thing is a big deal. I used to print shirts and my boss didn't care whether I did designs that another company owned, but I tried not to just to avoid trouble. He can get in big legal issues for that. And I think TPC is pretty strict so if they find out they may put a stop to the selling of those. He seriously needs to watch himself.

As for the charity thing how long ago was that and was it in its own video? Maybe there is a later video that speaks about him having completed it and sending the money in.

Back