• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla groaned softly and woke up. "Snow?" she mumbled. She opened her eyes and sat up. "It's snowing?" she asked excitedly. She looked out of the window and gasped. "Snow!" Kayla stood up and ran towards the window. She winced when she put pressure on her leg. "I can't believe it's snowing here! I've never seen snow before..." She pressed her face against the glass and smiled. Primrose squeaked softly and copied her trainer. Kayla sighed. "If my leg wasn't hurt, we could have been having a snowball fight right about now..." She frowned and watched the snow fall slowly. "Dumb Scyther..."

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla groaned softly and woke up. "Snow?" she mumbled. She opened her eyes and sat up. "It's snowing?" she asked excitedly. She looked out of the window and gasped. "Snow!" Kayla stood up and ran towards the window. She winced when she put pressure on her leg. "I can't believe it's snowing here! I've never seen snow before..." She pressed her face against the glass and smiled. Primrose squeaked softly and copied her trainer. Kayla sighed. "If my leg wasn't hurt, we could have been having a snowball fight right about now..." She frowned and watched the snow fall slowly. "Dumb Scyther..."

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn smiled, but he sensed Kayla's frustration and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Maybe not," he said, "but we can still walk around in it and enjoy it while it lasts. I didn't expect it to snow, so who knows how long it'll last." While they were looking out the window, he remarked, "Someone else may enjoy this, too," he stated as he pulled out a pokeball, releasing a Shellder he called Shiva.

Shawn gently picked up Shiva and walked to the window with her, pointing at the window. Shiva's eyes lit up at the sight of snow and cried out happily, "How nice! Can we go play in it? Huh? Huh?" He looked to Kayla, whose eyes were glued to the window. "Why don't we go outside for a bit? If you're up to it, I mean," he asked her as Shiva hopped down from his arms and watched the snow falling.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"I'm not really sure any of my pokemon would be too handy in a snowfight. Sort of hard to throw a snowball with claws..."

Sammy looked around them, trying to catch sight of a Fire type Pokemon to catch. She hardly even noticed when Mark got blasted by a jet of steam. She couldn't spot any straight away, and it was difficult to hear any over the jets of steam being blasted from the rockface.

"Fire Pokemon are usually a bit more aggressive than other types, aren't they? Maybe if we let them know we're here some might turn up to defend their territory, rather than us searching through all this fog for one. But then we could end up with more turning up than we can handle... what do you think?"

There was the sound of a small explosion some distance away, but whether it was a Fire type Pokemon or the volcano itself was difficult to tell. Sammy frowned and tried to squint in that general direction, but couldn't make anything out through the fog.

"Or we could go check that out... what do you reckon Mark? Explore or try to make a scene?"​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla looked at Shawn and smiled. "Really?" she asked excitedly. She hugged him and smiled. "Yay! Thank you!" She kissed Shawn on the cheek and pointed to her crutches. "Prim, can you get them for me?" Kayla asked softly. Primrose looked away from the snow and pouted. She nodded and walked over to Kayla's crutches. Shadow blinked and tilted his head. Wasn't the point of me being here to keep her in the room? He floated towards the door and stared at Kayla. She blinked and frowned. "You don't have to keep me here anymore, Shadow. As long as Shawn's here, I can leave." She looked down when she felt Primrose poke her and grabbed her crutches. "Let's go!"

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Well, Bai had said everything in those very few words. Adrian didn't need a formal introduction from the teacher now. First off, it seemed that she didn't know of his own situation, but likely guessed (rightly) that he'd been in mortal pain and terror at least once.

Apparently, so had she, especially from her answer. As to her question, no answer was needed but a nod, which conveyed everything. Otherwise, there was almost definitely nothing that the other students could have read from this exchange, which obviously was the best course of things.

Adrian knew everything he needed to know, and was infinitely satisfied in the results of that small speck of time that went by. Tomorrow will be a good day because of today. Needless to say, the class went on swiftly, and Adrian impatiently waited for the class to end, so that he could actually get down to business, instead of tossing things around the bush.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake: The Road to the Academy

Haru was walking down the path from Oak Town with a smile on his face, and a skip in his step. He didn't know why, but he was particularly happy this afternoon. He didn't think there was anywhere he had to be, he felt like everything was going right, and his pokemon were just as excited about everything as he was. He looked to Torch, who had not had a fight since the first night he had been there. It was obvious that he was dying to fight. "Hey Torch, next battle we have, I promise you can go first." He gave a thumbs-up to the Charmeleon, who grinned and shot a burst of fire into the air, trying to show off. Haru laughed. "That's what I thought." He looked to his other pokemon. Geronimo fought that jerk's Machoke, Twitch fought Geronimo, and Void...Void isn't much a fighter. Haru hoped that that would change once he evolved. Dutchess was a bit soft, but she had plenty of fighting spirit. She would have to fight soon as well. His team of five was pretty weak compared to some trainers, but they were still a force to be reckoned with in the ranks of average trainers.

The group walked down the road, and eventually broke into a sprint once they became bored. Twitch was in the lead, seeing as he was a Grovyle, and the others were pretty slow themselves. He turned around and began to run backwards, taunting the others. What he didn't see was an angry looking trainer. "The hell?" He turned around and saw Twitch and the rest of the gang not far behind. "Watch your pokemon, bro!" He was fuming instead of angry. "Battle me." He didn't really give a reason, but hey! Why not? "Three on three." He tossed his three pokeballs out to reveal a Sandslash, a Nuzleaf, and a Nidorino. "Your three?"

Haru hadn't had time to respond, but he didn't care. "Torch, Twitch, and Dutchess." He gestured to the three pokemon, and they ran up eagerly. "I won't hold back!" Haru's opponent sent up his Nuzleaf first. "Dutchess. You go first." The Nidoran female nodded excitedly and stood opposite of the Nuzleaf and began to hop back and forth energetically. This was going to be a good battle.

siiadams

Years

Shawn was so happy right then. Kayla was feeling better and they were ready to leave, but Shadow (as the Gastly was called) was a little confused. "Shadow, listen carefully," he told the ghost in the corner, "You can go back to Holly, wherever she is, and let her know that Kayla is ok and out of the pokemon center. I'll watch over her to be sure she's protected, ok?" He hoped he got through to it. He went to the window and picked up Shiva from the window, who complained a little, "Hey, hey, hey! I wanna see the snow some more. Put me down." He grabbed his bag and slung it over his right shoulder, turning to Kayla, "Lets go."

He headed to the door and held it open for her, "You lead, I'll follow." Shiva almost leapt out of his arms, "Hooray, we're going outside!!"

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled, but froze at the door. "Where's my Xtransciever?" she asked. "I need to call Holly." Primrose squeaked and ran over to where Shawn had left the Xtransciever. She grabbed the device and jumped onto Kayla's shoulder. Kayla smiled and put the Xtransciever on her wrist. "We're in Oak Town, right?" she asked. "We should stay here for a while before going back to the academy. Shadow, do you know where Holly is?" The ghost shook his head and frowned. Kayla smiled and called Holly. Holly answered almost instantly. "What is it, Kayla?" she asked. Kayla smiled. "I just wanted to tell you that your Gastly's going to go back to you now. He's caused a lot of trouble. Also, Amy's coming."

Holly stared at Kayla. "What?" she asked. "B-But... Why?" Kayla shrugged. "She wants me to make up with Satoshi. I think that it's dumb." She sighed softly. Holly frowned. "You should make up..." she whispered. "I should hang up now, in case the teacher walks in. Keep Shadow with you, because I'm not good with directions and he'll probably get lost. Also..." She giggled. "Fix your hair. It's too puffy and looks like an afro." She hung up, while Kayla gasped. Her hands flew to her hair, and her crutches fell to the ground. "Where'd you put that comb?" she asked.

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled, but froze at the door. "Where's my Xtransciever?" she asked. "I need to call Holly." Primrose squeaked and ran over to where Shawn had left the Xtransciever. She grabbed the device and jumped onto Kayla's shoulder. Kayla smiled and put the Xtransciever on her wrist. "We're in Oak Town, right?" she asked. "We should stay here for a while before going back to the academy. Shadow, do you know where Holly is?" The ghost shook his head and frowned. Kayla smiled and called Holly. Holly answered almost instantly. "What is it, Kayla?" she asked. Kayla smiled. "I just wanted to tell you that your Gastly's going to go back to you now. He's caused a lot of trouble. Also, Amy's coming."

Holly stared at Kayla. "What?" she asked. "B-But... Why?" Kayla shrugged. "She wants me to make up with Satoshi. I think that it's dumb." She sighed softly. Holly frowned. "You should make up..." she whispered. "I should hang up now, in case the teacher walks in. Keep Shadow with you, because I'm not good with directions and he'll probably get lost. Also..." She giggled. "Fix your hair. It's too puffy and looks like an afro." She hung up, while Kayla gasped. Her hands flew to her hair, and her crutches fell to the ground. "Where'd you put that comb?" she asked.

Kayla Makihatayama

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Practical Battling.

Iny was already starting to feel cold, She was far too used to her home's Very Very hot climate and even the slightest bit of cold feels unbearable. Too worried about the snow she started ignoring the other two a bit, Starting to shiver a bit at the thought, Despite the room still being fairly warm.

"Okay, I'll have a look at Mike's Pokémon, Mike you have a look at Iny's and Iny can have a look at mines, after that we can swap around. Sound good?" Clumsy said, snapping her back to attention.

"O.. Okay, Here you go." She said, Her shivering starting to pick up as she slides over the book.

siiadams

Years

Shawn quickly reached into his pocket and produced the comb he used earlier. He got in front of Kayla this time and, while holding Shiva in one arm, brushed her hair again, trying to smooth it down the best he could. Soon, he decided to give the comb to her. "Here," he offered, "just in case I missed any stray hairs." He smiled and kissed her cheek before crouching down to get her crutches.

He rose back up and handed her crutches over to her, then went back to the door to hold it open for her. He got excited at the thought of going out in the snow.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
DERRICK
INSIDE:
234.gif

443.gif

592.gif
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Derrick Fastolf

???
Theme: ???

Sitting and learning... A good students life. Yup, the good life, and the contents of this class are so interesting that nothing could ever-- Oh, look, a fly! So pretty flying around and... oh... Nevermind, it's dead now. Better get back to Bai's journeys class. Turn your head aay from the window and pay attention to the teacher, dear, sweet Derr. Thatt's it, great!

Such interesting topics. Derrick can't help but be amazed with a wide smile at every word of Miss Kong... ... ... Hey, remember when the fly was there? Wasn't that awesome or what? Its wings flapping like it was a microscopic hummingbird of black, yes sir, flies are certainly amazing!

Wait, what was that she said again? She asked something... But he can't seem to recall what it was... Nah, couldn't have been that important, anyways.

Of course he's paying atention! He's hooked by the amazing topic of.. um, err... topicness! Yes, he's paying so much attention that he won't even delve into the topic's name, that's just how much attention he is paying... Which is a lot, mind you!

Sitting, learning... A good students life. The contents of this class are so interesting that there truly, definitely is nothing that can-- oh, look, another fly!

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and grabbed her crutches. She combed through her hair one last time and sighed softly. "That was close..." She combed her bangs before putting the comb in her pocket. "Now let's go out to the snow!" She held her crutches tightly and walked out of the Pokemon center as fast as she could. She walked too fast, though, and walked right into the door. "Ow..." she whispered. "That really smarts..." She rubbed her face and frowned. Primrose blinked and copied Kayla again. She rubbed her face and squeaked softly. Kayla stepped to the side and frowned. "Open the door, please..." she whispered to Shawn. Shadow tilted his head and looked at the nurse, who looked confused. "Shouldn't you be in bed?" she asked. Kayla shook her head. "We're going to see the snow~!"

siiadams

Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Outside Pokemon Center

Shawn held the door open for Kayla as he looked to the questioning nurse. "You gave us the ok to leave when classes were over," he explained, "We're going to enjoy the snow while we wait." After she went through the door, Shawn followed her to feel the chill of the outside air. Shiva, though, was elated to feel the snow on her shell. She wrestled out of his arms and landed on the soft snow. She squealed with glee as she jumped around near their feet.

Shawn looked up to the sky, but saw nothing out of the norm. Walking to Kayla, he smiled, "I haven't been out in the snow in a long time. He looked down to Shiva, who was bouncing around and having the time of her life. "Stay close, Shiva," he warned, "Don't wanna get lost." Shiva nodded slightly, but kept playing anyways.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled at the snow and giggled. "It looks even prettier when we're not looking at it through a window," she said in awe. Primrose jumped from her shoulder and squeaked excitedly. She plopped down in the snow and tried to make a snow angel. Kayla giggled. "I don't think there's enough snow for that yet, Prim." She sighed happily and held on to Shawn's arm tightly. "I wish that Holly wasn't stuck in class... She mentioned that her teacher wasn't even there yet... Maybe she'll get lucky and not have class!" Kayla smiled. "I wonder when Amy's coming... It can't take that long to teleport here. Can it?"

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled at the snow and giggled. "It looks even prettier when we're not looking at it through a window," she said in awe. Primrose jumped from her shoulder and squeaked excitedly. She plopped down in the snow and tried to make a snow angel. Kayla giggled. "I don't think there's enough snow for that yet, Prim." She sighed happily and held on to Shawn's arm tightly. "I wish that Holly wasn't stuck in class... She mentioned that her teacher wasn't even there yet... Maybe she'll get lucky and not have class!" Kayla smiled. "I wonder when Amy's coming... It can't take that long to teleport here. Can it?"

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn shrugged a little. "It depends on the pokemon," he stated, "The mayor of our village had an Alakazam that I borrowed to teleport here on my first day. Since I never did it before, it took me a minute or so to reorient myself. The teleportation itself only took maybe a minute at most." He watched as his breath started making steam as he spoke. He had to chuckle when Kayla voiced her hope of Kayla being out early.

"You're really excited about our double date, huh?" he asked, knowing what her answer would be. "I definitely am." He was also a little nervous. This would be his first date ever. He sincerely hoped everything would turn out ok. He also hoped that Amy and the others would approve of him.

Years
Kayla Malihatayama

Kayla grinned. "Of course I'm excited! This is my first ever date with my first ever boyfriend! How could I not be excited?" She jumped as her Xtransciever started to ring and answered it. "Hello?" she asked. Amy smiled at her from the screen and giggled. "We kind of got lost..." she admitted sheepishly. "I mean, we got there but we got lost. Where are you?" Kayla heard angry mumbling coming from someone offscreen and sighed. "We're in Oak Town," she said softly. "Just find the path that leads here. We're outside of the Pokemon center." Amy beamed. "Great! See you soon, cuz!" She hung up quickly. Kayla looked up at Shawn. "Get ready for the beast that is Amy..."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark shook his head quickly when Sammy suggested making a scene. "Woah woah woah! Make a scene? Out here? That'd get us killed for sure! We gotta play it carefully with Pokemon like this... wild pokemon aren't something you want to attract attention of! They'll attack the trainer just as much as they will the Pokemon they're fighting if given the chance. And since we're dealing with fire types, we'd come down the mountain with third degree burns and our clothes charred to bits!" Mark said, throwing a bit of a joke toward the end. Mark heard the small explosion in the distance.

"Lets follow that sound. Carefully though. We gotta know what we're going against and think of a way to approach the Pokemon before we start a fight. Some Pokemon are territorial and usually aren't alone. I hear theres a Pokemon named Scraggy around the mountains. Supposedly their evolution will constantly keep hitting you if you wander into their territory. And in groups! That's the kind of thing you have to watch for..." Mark said. It might have sounded way too complicated then it had to be but Mark liked to play things safe when capturing Pokemon. Especially in hostile territory like this! There could be some huge Pokemon in this Volcano! Possibly even more in the core! Mark was so tempted to test his limits and go deeper in the Volcano... he had to! He could imagine the kinds of Fire Pokemon down there!

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
"Thank you, Iny!" Mike said, taking the book and studying the pokemon. "Hmmm...a Vulpix huh?" Mike said in a whisper to himself. He began to mumble all the details. "Ok, so it's red, has multiple tails, is a fox, is short, can evolve, walks on all fours, is a fire type, has..." Mike continued to study the pokemon, occasionally looking at Conor and Iny doing the same, as well as the snow. " I don't know why, but this snow feels different than the one back home." Mike said, in the same tone as he previously was. "Oh, well, time to get back to work!" Mike then returned to his book and continued to study the Vulpix.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Was Mark being serious? If it was so dangerous then why had he let her come all the way up here? He had to be trying to scare her - playing mind games! Well, that was never going to work! It would take more than that to rattle her cage, especially while she had Corphish with her. They'd already been through worse than this, that was for sure.

"Alright, c'mon Corphish, let's check it out."
"Corphish."

Sammy trekked in the general direction of the explosive sound, squinting through the fog to try and make out what she was heading towards. As they got closer more sounds could be made out - the crash of something heavy hitting rock, the cries of Pokemon.

"Sounds like we might get to see something cool..." Sammy grinned, fearless. She gestured for Corphish to take the lead and the small Pokemon eagerly moved in front, raising his claws aggressively. "Let me handle this, okay Mark?"​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark followed Sammy slowly behind. Keeping an eye out for any other wild Pokemon wandering about. The loud crashing sound could be heard fairly closely... Mark was interested already, but Sammy got first dibs on the first capture. Fair enough. Mark would probably look elsewhere after Sammy took care of things. There had to be more then a few Pokemon in here!

"Sure thing. Be careful though. I'll watch your back." Mark said with a smile. Snype made sure to look around for any other Wild Pokemon as well. Mark couldn't make out what kind of Pokemon was making the noise through the fog. Its too bad none of his Pokemon knew Defog but this kind of thing rarely happened. It wasn't exactly useful in battle either... For now, it was time to see what this Volcano had in store. Mark was excited that was for sure.

Back