• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Trainer Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
How can I make RS Ball compatible with Fire Red?
If I can't is there another program for Trainer pic editing?
Also, what is the offset # for the Intro trainer sprite ( not the OW)?

If you want RS Ball to be compatible with FR, just copy and paste that ROM into the same folder as RS BAll. And I'm not sure what you mean for your next question. If you want to find the sprite for the protagonists, you'll need UNLZ. For Fire Red/Leaf Green the numbers are 1634 and 1635 for the male and female (respectively).

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hmmm i've got a qeustion....

In my fire red rom i'm trying to use brock in my trainer script. I used PET to find his offfset to use in my script (which was 19E). Everything works great except the trainer isn't brock but a guy called KINDLER with a lvl 5 ekans....

Have i got the wrong offset?

Years
Lets say i changed a character in a-map (the breeder isaac to the trainer emerald/ruby)
and i want to battle him
then when we are battling the picture of the guy changes back to isaac

how do i change the picture to emerald(brendan)?

Years
If you want RS Ball to be compatible with FR, just copy and paste that ROM into the same folder as RS BAll. And I'm not sure what you mean for your next question. If you want to find the sprite for the protagonists, you'll need UNLZ. For Fire Red/Leaf Green the numbers are 1634 and 1635 for the male and female (respectively).
Disregard the 2nd one because that was only for if there was no way to make FR compatible

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2008
I was wondering why do you run into an other offset when you increase the number of Pokemon?

It seems that I've the same problem.......
When I finished editing the 4th trainer (I edit trainer ID:001~004),
I go back to the 3rd trainer, and I found the pokemons I've prefered
for the 3rd trainer got mixed with the 4th trainer.... = =" (This happens only if I increase the no. of pokemon)
Can this problem be solved??

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
It's included in Elitemap

I'd like to let the RIVAL battle, but what is his name then?? Because you can choose his name in the beginning

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Ummm about the completely new trainer?
How do you make it so it doesnt affect anyone elses Pokemon?
Meaning like a Brawnd New, Not even in the PET unless you created it?

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Yes its possible. All you have to do is create a new person with advance map or elitemap.
Write a trainerscript like this:
#org 0x76ECF0
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x76ED30 0x76ED60
checkflag 0x10B
if 1 jump 0x76EE20
setflag 0x10B
release
end

#org 0x76ED30
= I'll defeat you!

#org 0x76ED60
= Mhhh? Maybe you're as good\nas I thought.\pYou should try to become the champ!

#org 0x76EE20
message 0x76EEF0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x76EEF0
= Jop you are very good.

Now Recognice that the 0x1 part is the trainer id of The Aqua leader. In FR this Trainer isn'T used so Change the picture change the pokémon and give your new person the script offset.

You've created your first Trainer.

Kioshi, I thank you so much. That right there should be tutorial enough.
It's the most simple [seriously]
but extremely helpful, Domo Arigato!!!

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Yea... Really can you create your own trainer cuz I dont wanna edit anyone elses pokemon, I just wanna make a new script like

For example an aqua leader with an arbok, with a custom name and custom moves, not a preset pokemon trainer, or an editted one.

cloudffvii2696

hmmm...What should I put here?
Years
how do i edit the trainer card sprite?
i found the number and i tried to edit and it said it was too big, so i found free space w/ hexworkshop and sent the new sprite to the free space, and now when i go to the trainer card in game its still the original sprite...
somebody plz help me

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
P.S!!! TTnTT

eh 2xpost sry.
but uh. I was wondering if there is a program similar to PET
But for Emerald.
I do want to change peoples pokemon.
I was playing an Emerald hack a couple of weeks ago and the very first trainer that you fight, aside from May/Brenden/Rival happened to have a lvl.15 Swampert...
I thought that was SO B/A!
And it made the game harder.
Which=Funner :3
Oh and the 'Trainer Edit' program does not work for me...
The one with a Blastoise as the icon.

I try to run Trainer Edit and all I get is a run-time error box saying something about
actskn43.ocx... And I used three different links in downloading this program trying each one, but they all end up the same.... Garbage...

So if anyone made/has a trainer editing proram for emerald, that would be splendid.
And I would like a lot more feed back than a couple other posts I made...
[Because I'm n00bing around?]

Just want help my friends....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back