• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Huge thanks to you kid, I tried around a bit myself, but it did not work, now I have new attacks :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Ok, tried it, still crashing.
BTW thanks for the compliment on my script :D

New script
Spoiler:

Ugh, maybe gba editing does not suits me, all i can get right is change pokemon...

Should have known im just 12 and my mind cant get this stuff, even though i do java coding D:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ok, tried it, still crashing.
BTW thanks for the compliment on my script :D

New script
Spoiler:

Ugh, maybe gba editing does not suits me, all i can get right is change pokemon...

Should have known im just 12 and my mind cant get this stuff, even though i do java coding D:

Nope, your just missing a key step! I looked at thethethethe's pokescript tut and found this:

msgbox2 $pointer
#raw 66

multi 0xE 0×0 0x1E 0×0
copyvar 0×8000 LASTRESULT
compare 0×8000 0
if 1 goto $option1
compare 0×8000 1
if 1 goto $option2
compare 0×8000 2
if 1 goto $option3
compare 0×8000 3
if 1 goto $option4
compare 0×8000 4
if 1 goto $option5
compare 0×8000 0x7F
if 1 goto $canceled
end

#org $option1
setvar 0×8005 0×1
#raw 0×83 0×0 0×05 0×80
givepokemon 1 5 0
message $display
boxset 0×6
end

#org $option2
setvar 0×8005 0×2
#raw 0×83 0×0 0×05 0×80
givepokemon 4 5 0
message $display
boxset 0×6
end

#org $option3
setvar 0×8005 0×3
#raw 0×83 0×0 0×05 0×80
givepokemon 7 5 0
message $display
boxset 0×6
end

#org $option4
setvar 0×8005 0×4
#raw 0×83 0×0 0×05 0×80
givepokemon 152 5 0
message $display
boxset 0×6
end

#org $option5
setvar 0×8005 0×5
#raw 0×83 0×0 0×05 0×80
givepokemon 155 5 0
message $display
boxset 0×6
end

#org $canceled
message $cancel
boxset 0×6
end

#org $display
$display 1 = You chose option: \v\h02

#org $cancel
$cancel 1 = You pressed the B Button

Well if you've read through the rest of this a lot of this should be self explanatory by now.

msgbox2 is a command that needs to be added to the commands file in Pokescript for this script to work. #raw 66 has to be there to allow this command to work. Since the site won't allow me to upload this file, you'll have to add it yourself.

Code:
addcmmd msgbox2 #67
addparm 8 'pointer to text

multi 0xE 0×0 0x1E 0×0 0xE 0×0 are the X/Y coordinates on the screen. These are the top left hand corner. 0x1E is the the actual box chosen. The multi command doesn't actually create a box but merely displays an already existing box inbuilt into the rom. i.e. the Game Corner coins, Drink machine. I'm not 100% sure of the point of the final numbersbut I assume its a filler to prevent the game from freezing.
The amount of compares is based on the amount of options in the box. These are unchangeable unless you of course re-point the data of the multi box to an empty space and create new text.
The next part is pretty basic. If you don't understand it, it should be explained earlier on. compare 0×8000 0x7F is the only real important part of the following lines. The 0x7F displays that you can cancel by pressing the B button. If this isn't there, you will only be able to quit the box by choosing an option.
And another important part is that the 'option's' don't work unless the setvar is there. I don't know why.

You must have forgotten to add the command to the database and/or you should try the #raw 66.

I would suggest switching to XSE as more people will be able to help you, but whatever you do, don't throw in the towel:).

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Nope, your just missing a key step! I looked at thethethethe's pokescript tut and found this:

You must have forgotten to add the command to the database and/or you should try the #raw 66.

I would suggest switching to XSE as more people will be able to help you, but whatever you do, don't throw in the towel:).

Ok, this time it does not crash, but it gives me an error i've never seen before, screenie at attachment

New script

Spoiler:

And for some reason it keeps on going, like if i forgot a "release end"
BTW, i will be moving to XSE once i finish fixing this script :D

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
And here we go again :P I created 2 new Pokémon, with movesets, stats and everything else needed. In P.E. I configured the evolution (Level 6, for testing purposes).

My Basic Form reaches Level 6, the Evolution starts.... but aborts the exact moment I aborts normally when you press B. However, I did not press B. So what on earth is going on here?

Thanks in Advance for any answers,
Reygok

karatekid552

Years
Ok, this time it does not crash, but it gives me an error i've never seen before, screenie at attachment

New script

Spoiler:

And for some reason it keeps on going, like if i forgot a "release end"
BTW, i will be moving to XSE once i finish fixing this script :D

I don't see a screen:/. Try just uploading to photobucket.

And here we go again :P I created 2 new Pokémon, with movesets, stats and everything else needed. In P.E. I configured the evolution (Level 6, for testing purposes).

My Basic Form reaches Level 6, the Evolution starts.... but aborts the exact moment I aborts normally when you press B. However, I did not press B. So what on earth is going on here?

Thanks in Advance for any answers,
Reygok

Is this the problem where FireRed prevents non-kanto pokemon from evolving? Their ID number has to be less than 151 for it to evolve or you have to hack the routine. Knizz, Jambo, or someone posted about it recently....

Last edited:

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Oh well, that sucks. But in the original game, pokémon after 151 evolve normally, so where's the problem?
Anyway, I'll search around a bit on this, thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Oh damn, screenie here
Spoiler:

sorry :D

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Oh well, that sucks. But in the original game, pokémon after 151 evolve normally, so where's the problem?
Anyway, I'll search around a bit on this, thanks :)

Not in Red:p. They only evolve normally after you beat the elite four. Try and find that post, I believe it is in R&D.

Oh damn, screenie here
Spoiler:

sorry :D

Next time, just click File->Screen Capture:p, that image is quite big. Haha. i have seen this before, I believe it to be a bad pointer of some sort right now.

And after looking at your script, definitely a bad pointer... Or missing pointer I might add. Msgbox2 has to have a message attached to it. Ex msgbox2 $msg.

Give that a try.

Last edited:

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Google is my friend :D Like you said, in FR/LG, Pokémon after 151 don't evolve. The solution is quite obvious, now that I think of it...
It's called National Dex! I simply put "special 0x16F" (which activates the national dex) in the script where Oak gives you the pokédex, so you receive the normal one and the national one at the same time, and boom, my Pokémon evolves :D

Thanks for your help again, kid, I won't forget you :)

karatekid552

Years
Google is my friend :D Like you said, in FR/LG, Pokémon after 151 don't evolve. The solution is quite obvious, now that I think of it...
It's called National Dex! I simply put "special 0x16F" (which activates the national dex) in the script where Oak gives you the pokédex, so you receive the normal one and the national one at the same time, and boom, my Pokémon evolves :D

Thanks for your help again, kid, I won't forget you :)

You're welcome, haha, but there is a better way. That way works, but then you don't get a regional dex. It is possible to disable that evolution problem without giving the national dex, but do it whatever way you want, just as long as it works for you:D.

Edit: I knew I saw it, who would have thought it would be in the thread labeled "FireRed Pokedex Hacking"?:p

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530&highlight=Evolution

It is the second spoiler on the first post by Jambo51.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Not in Red:p. They only evolve normally after you beat the elite four. Try and find that post, I believe it is in R&D.

Next time, just click File->Screen Capture:p, that image is quite big. Haha. i have seen this before, I believe it to be a bad pointer of some sort right now.

And after looking at your script, definitely a bad pointer... Or missing pointer I might add. Msgbox2 has to have a message attached to it. Ex msgbox2 $msg.

Give that a try.

Ok, it worked and everything, but there are some errors, mainly in text, it seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.

Screenies(Sorry but you will get some big damn screenies D:)
Spoiler:

Notes:
-It seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.
-As you can see it says TM13 4,000 coins, but it actually has to say "VAPOREON"
-Like, TM13 = VAPOREON / TM23 = JOLTEON / TM24 = FLAREON, and so on...

Ughh!, told you i cant do this...

EDIT: Note
-Ooops, noticed that not every TM is correct, they're all VAPOREON's, lol.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Ok, it worked and everything, but there are some errors, mainly in text, it seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.

Screenies(Sorry but you will get some big damn screenies D:)
Spoiler:

Notes:
-It seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.
-As you can see it says TM13 4,000 coins, but it actually has to say "VAPOREON"
-Like, TM13 = VAPOREON / TM23 = JOLTEON / TM24 = FLAREON, and so on...

Ughh!, told you i cant do this...

EDIT: Note
-Ooops, noticed that not every TM is correct, they're all VAPOREON's, lol.

Can you spoiler your huge screen shot in your last post, it makes my page go all funky:p

Now, this will help you greatly: http://174.133.255.180/showthread.php?t=200882

Once you create the multichoice, then we will fix the problem of them all giving the same thing.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hey dudes, I've got a problem. I tried doing this,
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135
but when I disable the limiter, it still says "BULBASAUR used a NORMAL move! Also, when I exit PGE, the attacks I made new effect e.g. KILLER, same as POUND, I save then exit. Open again with PGE and reverts to POUND imitation not KILLER.

Okay
1. Its supposed to be 6 00's, not 8. So change the last 00 00 to the original two bytes.
2. If the new has a new effect, why would it have a new animation?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone, I was reading a few pages back and using flags over 0x900 causes bad eggs and other glitches? What flags haven't been used in the game that I can use? I have been using 0x1200 and above at the moment!

karatekid552

Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back