• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I want to use all of the hacks that I have downloaded. Can someone give me a list of all the .NARC files I need to extract to use all of these hacks?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2016
    Thanks a lot for those great tools. But can you make an update for your DPP Attack Editor, in which we can change the categories of moves (physical, special, status). For example, a TM70 Flash dealing 50 fairy special damage?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
    Years
  • Thanks a lot for those great tools. But can you make an update for your DPP Attack Editor, in which we can change the categories of moves (physical, special, status). For example, a TM70 Flash dealing 50 fairy special damage?
    Well, this could be interesting. But before doing that someone must discover a way to do that xP
    I'm currently studying for the university, and during august I got some free time which I spent doing some development on DS PokeHack Studio :), and now in september and the months coming I won't have much free time :(
    In summary: I'm not good at researching + I haven't so much free time, that's why I'm slow as a slug >_>
    If someone manages to do that (with hex editing) I could develop a new version of DPP Attack Editor, or integrate that feature in DS PokeHack Studio ;)

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, could I request you something ?
    I told you before of some bugs your text editor about the codes like for characters names... and I was looking some of gen 6~7 texts and I noticed the text editor change these for stuff like " [VAR char name 000] ... so I would like to ask you for that? maybe the program be a bit more like the XY text, want need to get on this is :
    -Change the values from codes like \v0103ぁ\x0000\x0000 to [Rival Name]
    or something alike... you can use the same of the XY text if you want, no problem XD
    -Option to export as .txt and re import as well
    and one more I would like to request you to add is an option of character map.. for example I want to use the money "P" symbol or something else there, I could open an character map, locate it and place there. I would like this to see and use characters not totally used but that are in the game, like some that are on the text entry and others that aren't like the P symbol

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    I really wish these supported Gen 5. I want to do some editing to Pokemon based on a thread I saw on Smogon. For example, making Sunflora Grass/Fire and making it's hidden ability Contrary and giving it access to Overheat. :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It might actually help if you uploaded the source code of DS PokéHack Studio to Github. One day if I do become good at programming, I'll look into it's code and see what I can do.

I have a theory that the collision data in 4th and 5th generation is completely different from 3rd generation. I was actually looking at how other games utilise their collision data on a polygon-by-polygon type of data (which 5th generation obviously uses, especially in multi-direction mode).

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
    Years
  • It might actually help if you uploaded the source code of DS PokéHack Studio to Github. One day if I do become good at programming, I'll look into it's code and see what I can do.

I have a theory that the collision data in 4th and 5th generation is completely different from 3rd generation. I was actually looking at how other games utilise their collision data on a polygon-by-polygon type of data (which 5th generation obviously uses, especially in multi-direction mode).
    Don't worry because I'll upload it, but not until it gets polished.

Since I am here, I'll share an update with you (yes I'm still active): during Christmas holidays I managed to write some code. I'm trying to simplify the ROM handling mechanisms, because the current one really sucks badly (SDSME doesn't even bother to handle the ROM, it uses ndstool for it, but this is a dirty hack and is not multi-platform). It's not something useful for users, but for me (or any other developer), because the code was getting unmaintainable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Well, this could be interesting. But before doing that someone must discover a way to do that xP
    I'm currently studying for the university, and during august I got some free time which I spent doing some development on DS PokeHack Studio :), and now in september and the months coming I won't have much free time :(
    In summary: I'm not good at researching + I haven't so much free time, that's why I'm slow as a slug >_>
    If someone manages to do that (with hex editing) I could develop a new version of DPP Attack Editor, or integrate that feature in DS PokeHack Studio ;)

Hey, good to see you're still active! I actually did that research a while ago and thought I'd share. Assuming the first byte of each move is byte 0, the 2nd byte is what determines whether a move is physical, special, or status. 0 is physical, 1 is special, 2 is status. Also, if you feel like adding it to your editor, move priority is the 10th byte in the structure; it's a single signed byte.

I've also done some more research on the target byte:
    0x0 = One opponent
    0x1 = Automatic (e.g. Outrage)
    0x2 = Used by Uproar & Lucky Chant, not sure exactly what it does
    0x4 = Both opponents
    0x8 = Both opponents and ally
    0x10 = User
    0x20 = User's side of field
    0x40 = Entire field
    0x80 = Opponent's side of field

While I'm here, there's also a small bug in DS Pokemon Editor: if you select a Pokemon, then select another Pokemon, the HM compatibility from the first Pokemon will be carried over to the second Pokemon. For example, if you edit Bulbasaur, then Unown, Unown will be able to learn all the HMs that Bulbasaur could. It can be avoided by clicking "clear" after saving changes, but it makes it very difficult to edit a lot of Pokemon quickly. Other than that, all of your tools that I've used have been excellent; thanks for sharing them!

King Knoss

King Knoss
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I'm trying to use the DS Pokemon Editor but it won't work. I have tried both .exe's and they don't run. What am I doing wrong?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
    Years
  • I'm trying to use the DS Pokemon Editor but it won't work. I have tried both .exe's and they don't run. What am I doing wrong?
    Check if you have Java 1.8 installed. Then select the correct executable for your computer architecture (32 bit or 64 bit).

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
    Years
  • True, shame the files are protected with a password.
    Originally I didn't want to protect them with a password, but then Firefox and Chrome started blocking my downloads, because as you know there are some programs which are seen by anti-virus as potentially harmful for the system. In fact that's not true, this is called a false positive case...

So after I personally tested all the tools, I repackaged everything and protected everything with a password, publicly available, so the browsers don't bother me.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Originally I didn't want to protect them with a password, but then Firefox and Chrome started blocking my downloads, because as you know there are some programs which are seen by anti-virus as potentially harmful for the system. In fact that's not true, this is called a false positive case...

So after I personally tested all the tools, I repackaged everything and protected everything with a password, publicly available, so the browsers don't bother me.

I was blind for the password. Anyways, I'm not at all into ROM-hacking or what-so-ever, I just wanted to play some BW/BW2 games with gen 6 Pokémon and as far as I know, there aren't any of those. I thought I'd make them myself and then I saw your Pokémon Editor tool. I'll mess with it later, thanks for the clarification on the password though.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • I've got a big bug to report. Whenever I edit dex entries, all the zeroes in these entries are multiplied to ridiculous levels, and they multiply every time I save and load. It gets to the point where the entire program is unusable because there is so much garbage data that the search and save functions never actually complete.

3G2lNTO.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2018
    Hey jackhack96 or any one that can help ive been using nitroexplorer 3 and ds pokemon editor to edit base stats and types and everything works fine except when i go to reinsert the narc files back into the rom. Nitroexplorer shows that the files dont even exist. But i know they are there they just dont show up as an option for reinsert.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2020
    MechaMew2 też mam ten sam problem z DS pokemon editor w HG. Nawet jak zmienię nazwę na cyfry zgodnie z symboliką w NitroExplorer to nie widzi tych plików. Aczkolwiek dziwna sprawa bo przy edycji ataków wgrały się zmiany a w przypadku edycji statystyk pokemona i umiejętności nie wgrywa się, albo zmiany nie wgrywają się

Orange-Boi7

The Orangest Boi
    Years
    • no
    • Seen Mar 1, 2021
    Whenever I try to start up a ROM, this error appears. Please help.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1126016
    at nitro.BLZ.decompressBuffer(BLZ.java:35)
    at gui.MainWindow.loadNarcs(MainWindow.java:484)
    at gui.MainWindow.access$3(MainWindow.java:380)
    at gui.MainWindow$1.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:146)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
    at gui.AppLauncher.main(AppLauncher.java:17)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)

Back