• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Shiny Pokemon?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I know the games will only have 151 Pokemon and is based on Generation 1. But I was wondering, do you think I'll still be able to get shiny Pokemon in this game? And is it possible for my partner Pikachu/Eevee to be shiny as well? I'd love to have a shiny Eevee ridding on my head.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I saw somewhere, I think Polygon; that shiny pokemon could be transferred from Go, so I assume they'll also be found in the wild...

Sirfetch’d

I wonder if they will appear as shiny in the overworld. If so I assume they will be incredibly rare and possibly flee if you get too close too quickly....Lot's of stuff we don't know about this game that includes shinies. I can't wait to find out more.

Years
  • I've been afraid of this myself. They stated that pokemon transferred from Go into Let's Go will stay shiny, but no confirmation on whether they are catchable in Let's Go. And if they are, will they be shiny on the overworld so you know to go after it or is it only until you get into battle that you can tell that pokemon is shiny so you can catch it. I for some reason have a feeling they may lock it behind Pokemon Go to make people play that more also since they have only mentioned the transferring thing. If that's the case it would be a real shame. Someone needs to just ask this in an interview to get a concrete answer.

Years
  • They haven't stated on how shinies will be handled in this game, but since it's been a fixture of the series, they'll probably carry it over here. While they did remove notable features like EVs, IVs, held items, abilities and breeding, they have still kept the genders and natures, and since shinies are only a aethestic thing it would be likely they'd still feature in this game.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Shiny Pok?mon would still be included given that it's already a staple in Pok?mon games since GSC. Not to mention, I think FRLG, the first remake of Kanto, do have some Shiny Pok?mon as well.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Since Shiny Pokemon have pretty much been a staple to the Pokemon games since generation II, I'm pretty sure we'll still have Shiny Pokemon in these games in the wild. Whether or not they'll appear shiny in the overworld remains to be seen, but I'm sure there will eventually be a trailer w/hints about shiny Pokemon. It'd be a really stupid move if game freak removed wild shiny encounters in these games...

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Yeah they have to be in the game. I do t know if the overworks sprites would be shiny though

Niqck

G E K O L O N I S E E R D
    Years
  • I know the games will only have 151 Pokemon and is based on Generation 1. But I was wondering, do you think I'll still be able to get shiny Pokemon in this game? And is it possible for my partner Pikachu/Eevee to be shiny as well? I'd love to have a shiny Eevee ridding on my head.

Nintendo confirmed some time ago that shiny pokemon are going to be in the game, idk if your starter can be shiny. But looking at the previous games you prob will be able to hunt for a shiny starter eevee / pikachu!

Years
  • While it may be possible for your starter Pikachu/Eevee to be shiny, I doubt it's overworld model is also going to be shiny. Probably just an in-battle thing.

Back