• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Pink [COMPLETE]

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
What is this?

PokemonPink_02_zps0871b7c8.png

This is Pokemon Pink Version (2014) and it's a hack of Pokemon Blue (USA).
This is the first completed Remake of a Pokemon Hack, the original one has been made by Jeremy in the far 2001 but it wasn't ever completed or released.
In mid-2014, just for fun and practise, I, 80C, reconstructed the hack starting it from zero and it was based only on a couple of circulating screenshots.
This is my 3rd Pokemon hack and it's the first one I ever completed (The first one being Pokemon Grape and the second one being my abandoned project on Pokemon Creepy Black).

A year later I decided to re-remake this hack by porting it on Full Color (Gen.2-Fashion) by exploiting the source code of Drenn's Pokemon Red Full Color adapting it for Pokemon Blue in the process.

This hack is not only an improvement of the original game but it includes a few new functionalities and features.
STORY:
Somehow in a distant parallel universe to the World of Pokemon our beloved (or hated) Red never made it... instead of him there's a young female aspiring trainer takes his place in the story we all know. Yes, the same story of Pokemon Blue but with a different protagonist.

FEATURES:

• New Protagonist: Kris from Pokemon Crystal;
  • The introduction of 3 new types from further generations: Dark, Steel and Fairy-type have been added to the game;
  • The Type chart weakness/strength has been updated to match 6th generation parameters;
  • New starters: Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Vulpix;
  • The Unknown Dungeon has been updated and now it's identical to Pokemon Yellow;
  • External tilesets have been updated to Pokemon Yellow;
  • Palettes were updated as well;
  • Added extra intro screens;
  • A few bugs have been fixed: Focus Energy isn't any more broken and there's no way to trigger normally the Glitch City Glitch by exploiting the Safari Zone warp flaws;
Bugs-Issues:

The same bugs and issues present in Pokemon Blue except those ones that were already fixed.
NOTE:
Final Version v2 is based on the Full Color port by Drenn, so it inherites its technical flaws.
In particular, if the game is played on real gameboy it may damage the hardware, it's not totally confirmed though.
The roof of cerrtain buildings might change color\palette if the player enters in a nearby route in proximity of those buildings, it's only a graphical flaw.
Also, by using some items like Potions the palettes get brighter for a couple of frames, but afterwards everything is fine.

Screenshots (Final v2 - Color):
01_zpszpazd0el.png
02_zpsbztin5ls.png
03_zpsz4yv8lvn.png
04_zpsecbl5tdk.png
05_zpslclpecbw.png
06_zpsoay9x7ph.png
07_zps87jpecv0.png
08_zpsvnryoscb.png
09_zpsxtncov0r.png
10_zps7k3vcqci.png
11_zpsyglw8jvu.png
13_zpsowtdlgru.png
14_zpsk05p81mc.png
16_zpsx6gwzsm5.png
Pokemon%20Pink_01_zpsyfqolh4g.png

Screenshots (Final v1.1 - Vanilla), They have been kept for nostalgia
PokemonPink_01_zps73b3b9d8.png
PokemonPink_10_zps17ee475e.png
PokemonPink_07_zps8ca8320f.png
PokemonPink_16_zps88660406.png
PokemonPink_08_zps2cd1a537.png
PokemonPink_03_zps20f9fbc0.png
PokemonPink_11_zps5d2ddd2d.png
PokemonPink_21_zps6e2c15b8.png
PokemonPink_05_zps8d263122.png
PokemonPink_15_zpscf683145.png
PokemonPink_13_zps3f0f1b25.png
PokemonPink_09_zpse8d1759d.png

Download:
Final Version v2.1 (Full Color): Click!
Credits:
Final V1:
* 80C for making the hack;
* Jeremy for the original unreleased Pokemon Pink 2001 hack;
Final v2:
* 80C for making the hack and the Pokemon Blue Full Color port;
* Jeremy for the original unreleased Pokemon Pink 2001 hack;
* Drenn for the Pokemon Red Full Color Source Code;
* Sawakita for the original Extra Title Screen Assembly Code;
* Everyone else involved in the Pokemon Red Full Color project.

I don't think there will be another release, so that's it, a cool retrò hack and, most iportant, a 100% completed one, full stop.

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Cant wait to play been waiting for a new pokemon game to play for a while and completed has the game been throughly checked for bugs or will you be fixing any issue with any bugs you havnt encounter that mite need to be fix in future updates if any and Thank you :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks for making this 80c but what else has been changed? Did you change stats, move pools, attack data, etc.? Is it harder than normal blue?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah I saw that but has Rattata/Ratticate's stats been changed? Does it learn Bite or Crunch? What about with other Pokemon? What's the point of including fairy types if there are no new fairy type moves added? There seems to be no changes to the trainers?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
This looks awesome!
I'm going to download right now and give it a go!

Thank you for your hard work.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
this might sound dumb but did you put any new pokemon in this hack?
He didn't. There are only the original 151 pokemon.

Well I just played through the hack, was lots of fun. I enjoyed fairy type being in gen 1. I hit a few bumps along the way though.

Spoiler:

Bugs: During my rival battle at sliph co my rival had a Ninetales instead of a Wigglytuff. (I picked Vulpix as my starter)

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Thanks for making this 80c but what else has been changed? Did you change stats, move pools, attack data, etc.? Is it harder than normal blue?

Yes, the type chart has been updated to match Gen6.

Mind if I make a fun let's play on it?

Of course! You can let's play it!

Well I just played through the hack, was lots of fun. I enjoyed fairy type being in gen 1. I hit a few bumps along the way though.

Spoiler:

Bugs: During my rival battle at sliph co my rival had a Ninetales instead of a Wigglytuff. (I picked Vulpix as my starter)
I'm glad you enjoyed the hack! :D

Thanks for your report, apparently I forgot about fixing the parameters for the rival in the battle at the Silph Co, fortunately it's a very easy fix, also, it's possible to make Charizard and Dragonite learn Fly (Charizard doesn't learn Fly in the original Red & Blue... that's weird), it's an easy task.

I can feature all of these changes on a future release including even some extra moves (expecially for the new types, in particular Dark, Steel and Fairy), actually I'm very busy, but as soon as I have some time I'll dedicate it for that release, by the end of this year a re-release featuring those fixes and a few other add-ons is possible.

If you're interested in another retrò hack ROM of mine here on PokeCommunity, this time with new Pokemon and very advanced features, you can check out my other Pokemon Hack ROM (it's located in the Progressing Hacks Section), it's called Pokemon Grape, it features stuff like new pokemon from all generations (more than 240) and a lot of other surprises, it's very worth your time.
Spoiler:

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years

Spoiler:

Oh ok definitely going to try this rom out i haven't tried any gen 1 roms so this should be interesting

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Any content from 80C takes priority over everything else I'm playing Pokemon-related. Putting down my game of Complex Crystal to play this updated version of Pokemon Pink. I see I have the original Pokemon Pink downloaded (the one from way back when), but I've never played it.

I'll definitely be downloading and playing this right now. Thanks for updating the graphics, 80C!

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
The introduction of 3 new types from further generations: Dark, Steel and Fairy-type have been added to the game;

But there are no Dark type Pokémon in the original 151, so only Fairy and Steel type Pokémon have been added. Is this correct? I have not gotten far enough to determine whether Bite has been changed to Dark type. Can anyone confirm whether or not Dark type moves have been adjusted? Also, can anyone confirm the existence of Fairy type moves? I'm not familiar enough with the later-gen games to know whether or not any of the moves in Gen 1 were changed to Fairy type. And what about Steel type moves?

Back