• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More on 4kids and Pokemon USA

Rukario

Banned
Years
interesting item just showed up in my email inbox:

eric stuart said:
The following message was sent to you via the The PokéCommunity Forums Contact Us form by eric stuart.

--------------------------------

URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!

--------------------------------
can't say if this is real or not.. http://www.tajproductionsnyc.com/tajpresskit.html
but.. the message is decent and we, the fans, should be saying something!

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
wow, they are trying to sabatage the show arent they? well I just hope they make it that May and Ash get together and become girlfreind and boyfreind befor it get's cancled...

Karrit

Vulpix Master
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
I try not to take things at face value. I'll just wait and see if this is true or not. =)

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
Years
Well... I'm going to be unhappy if this is true, having grown up with the current voice cast, I'm used to them. Though remember, they are (I think) getting people who can immitate the current voice actors... If this is true lets hope they get people who do it good. I feel bad for the voices actors being replaced though, like Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor, I hope they'll be okay if this does happen for real. Though I'm sure they will be.

lickitung

Back and better than ever!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 29, 2006
Wow. I've just lost all faith and paitence with Pokemon USA. Amazing, isn't it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Hmm...shouts "SPOOF!!!" to me...I doubt that they'll choose to do that THIS FAR IN...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Crystal Clair said:
Is that so?
I just lost all my faith with America.
I guess it'll just be me and raw Pokemon for now on. But something about that letter seemed a little fishy....
...you mean the fact that it's written in all caps and looks like it came from a four year old? Also...how does the fact that a TV show is changing casts make you lose faith in a country?

Anyways...

The show's going into it's tenth year next year, most shows tend to change VAs a lot. It's amazing that for an America dub they were able to keep the same VAs for almost all of the show's current run. The Dragonball dub went through like four main casts, for the most part we've had the same VAs that have been there since day one. If this is real, all I can say is that it was bound to happen. With something as long running as Pokemon, you can't expect them to have the same cast for the entire run of the show. Even the Japanese version has had to let some VAs go.

Even if we were to get new VAs, at least some would be kept. Maybe not the high bill ones though, Taylor's been with the show since episode one hasn't she? It's normal for a VA in her position to ask for more money, and if Nintendo doesn't want to give it to her, then we'll probably get a new VA set for the next season. Either way we'll find out in April when that special airs.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
What does this have to do with main polt of the show? The only thing new that will happen to Ash and company is getting new voices. What so bad about that. I mean I be surprise if Ash have a deeper voice but I get use to it. I mean remember James in the begining of the series? He had like three others voices before his goofly sounding one. Pokemon USA has control over the Pokemon stuff in US not in Japan. If we get new voice actors then ok. I still watch. Doesn't really matter to me.

I believe that the Email isn't offical. It just looks funny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2008
pikachu&Ashfan said:
This could be well true the same fact is on Eric Stuarts website http://www.ericstuart.com/. its in his guestbook . I think the the series might be ruined if they choose new voices and dub it. I like the voices as the way there are, especilly Ash.

I agree, I love Ash's voice! It'll be sad to get new actors... and such a drastic change. But, well, I'm glad Pika's voice'll never change ^_^; eheh.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Noooooo!!

I simply refuse to believe that email is true!!!! O_O

And even if it is, then that just gives me even *more* of a reason to type up a really long letter trying to convince Pokemon USA to resign contracts with 4Kids.

I will not stand for all of the voices on Pokemon being changed. I just won't.

I've watched the show for as long as it's been on the air, and the VAs haven't changed at all, so there's no way I'm gonna let that happen now.

No.

I will do everything in my power to prevent this horrible disaster from happening.

Because, I'd hate to hear Ash with a different voice. I mean, his voice is part of what makes him Ash (I love his voice, it's perfect). And without that, it's like he's not the same character anymore. And this goes for all the characters on Pokemon, if they intend to change all their voices. It's just not right.

Years
Well, wikipedia has reported that 4Kids won't do Battle Frontier, so yeah, I don't know what to think.

Of course I'll wait till Serebii.net reports anything before we panic as that's the main authority.

But hey, we all knew it wouldn't last forever as other dub shows rotate voices all the time. However, I'm not too thrilled about this either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
True or not, I think I agree Kazuhito said about VAs changing over time. I noticed a slight change in Jame's voice, and although Ash's voice has always been done by Taylor, I think his tone kinda changed compared to the first episodes. I'm not too happy about the possible change of voices, either, but who knows? They're going to get people who can almost imitate their original dub voices, right? And besides, what if Pokemon USA does a better job of dubbing? O_O

Years
Kent Colton Rogers said:
Surely a letter full of capital letters sent by the community's Contact Us forum can't be the person we think it is. >>;
That's exactly what I think.

I'm sure the real Eric Stewart at least can capitalize his name, and type normally. >>;

If they really DID change it, I wouldn't care too much.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
Years
Hmm...if I is true it wouldn't be so bad. I don't really like Ash's voice anyway, so a change might be for the better.
I would miss Jessie and James's voices, though.
I always kind of liked their voices.

Years
I think it would be just wierd if the voices were changed this late in the game, but Dragonball did it how many times, and it never really bothered me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
This is crap~

I could've written a more believe email in about 30 more seconds. Woohoo for stupid trouble makers 8D

Back