• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More on 4kids and Pokemon USA

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2010
    I can fully back what Joe said as when talking to Veronica in person last month she said to me that her and the other VA's would be doing the special in April and that Pokémon USA were 'Considering' using soundalikes. So this completely contradicts what this email from Eric Stuart is saying!

PiP

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Eh, though I am still a bit suspicious about all of this, I can see why Veronica Taylor may have said something different. Actually, from the sound of it, she didn't really give a definite answer about whether or not they were in or out as VA's. Perhaps they're not really allowed to leak such info when they're still negotiating. I don't know... but then why would Eric Stuart so blatantly come out and say something like that email? However... if it's on his website... then I would say it's fair to assume that it's true that he sent it.

Ugh... I hate having to sift through what's true and false on the Internet. T_T

Years
  • Everything is confusing anymore. But that sounded rather articulate and more Stuart's style from what I've read in interviews. I could go into a rant about the replacing but you all did that.

So I'll go to my suggestion to the dilemma. Hunt through collector's bins and buy as many 4Kids Pokemon products as you can. Money is a great movitation, and since Pokemon USA wants money so badly, let's prove we're happy with the way things were with buying up the old.

Try that and I'll spare the Power of One tagline. Winks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Here is the best place to send your hand-written letters to:

Pokémon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
    400 Madison Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! Don't let them change the voice actors!

E-mails can be ignored, hand-written letters...not so much!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......I'm more startled by the fact that that last e-mail claimed this to be the LAST season...this worries me...

Of course, I don't think that could be true. After all, they still have so much to go through (DIAMOND/PEARL)...which makes me strongly believe that it's just some guy pulling one incredibly horrible & early April Fools' joke on all of us.

Well, regardless...

Keep the VAs!!!!!!

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • It could just means that it is the final season for this set of VAs. Not the last season of pokemon. I mean if you look at Eric's email where he said that they replace them all behind their backs then that explains why Tylor thought that she and the others would be doing the 10th aniversity episode. She may not have known.

Still like I said. I sad about the VA change but still it not as bad as we think. Still the same pokemon with the same characters. Pokemon USA is a professional company and they have thougth about the VAs so that means they have consider getting new VA's that sounds like the original VAs.

I say just let them do what must be done. If you want to try to stop them from replacing the VAs just do what Weezing said by buying the old. Money is what fuels and motivates big companies. Even though this is pokemon, still there is a head that only cares about money. Maybe if we buy more of the old then they may see we like the old VAs a lot in order to keep them. Then maybe pay them more in order to keep them. If we jsut yell out them by letters and emails the problem is that they can ignored them. Then you can't pay VAs with letters and emails. Money makes big companies happy.

I don't think this is a bad April Fools joke. I hope it is.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2007
    It'd be a shame if the voice actors who helped to create the show what it is today, are all fired for greed. I can't believe this. 9 years and they change the voices now?! That's ridiculous in my opinion. Pokemon USA (as of right now) for the lose.

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
  • AGHHHHH!!!!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!! *Ahem* sorry I needed to let that out i don't think I'd like them either Ash is growing up but that's besides the point they had the same actors well since the whole thing started changing them now is pointless i mean come on this is gonna take months to get used to.

Years
  • I think the letter writing is a good idea but I do agree with reyna: Money gets results. I'd do both anyway. So what? The videos, the Puzzle League N64 game and the Stadiums? What else has their voices?

Reyna did point out it might be an April Fools' Joke, so let's wait a week and a half before we really panic.

Either way, after the way Nintendo wrecked the TCG, I don't have much hope here. Even when I heard of the shift in control.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • *dies* Well... I went to Serebii and they've said it's official as they received an email from Veronica Taylor confirming it. Apparently she said that Pokemon USA didn't even consider them for continuing the voice acting on the anime. That really cheeses me off. T_T

I know I complain about the voices and stuff, but you always hurt the ones you love, right? Drew's dub voice (no offence to anyone who likes it) may be nasal and annoying, but it's still Drew! And I can't imagine what some other guy doing Ash's voice will be like!

If this is an April Fool's joke; it's a really REALLY mean one.

But yes, they have an email and address to write to... let's see if I can't post it here:

[email protected]

or for written letters (one of which precita stated on page 2):

Pokemon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
    400 Madison Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

and...

Corporate Offices
    Pokemon USA
    1177 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10036

These are all from Serebii of course. Here's their info page by the way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Dark Weezing said:
    Reyna did point out it might be an April Fools' Joke, so let's wait a week and a half before we really panic.

Hey, I was the one who mentioned that!

...Well, anyway, if Veronica said that too, then...NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2006
    Guys n' girls, the news is TRUELY REAL! Serebii's forums had a quote of one of the voice actor's reply to an e-mail, she said it was true!

We have to e-mail, mail or snail mail Pokemon USA about this and tell them that they better have second thoughts!

Edit: I was late to say that... wasn't I?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • He is right Weezing. He did metion that it was a April Fools Joke. I just supported the idea.

Well it looks official now. Serebii has now annouce it on their news page and even created a small page for it. Serebii is one of the trusted sites on Pokemon news so it got to be true or now the chances of it being true just rose VERY high. Looks like we getting new VAs.

Still it be the same show with the same plotlines. I not sure what happen with the TCG but how can they mess up with the anime? I metion that the storyline of the anime would stay the same because it is the Japanese animators are in charge of the story right? Pokemon USA are now going to be in charge with what 4Kids use to do as with dubbing. So what we get with Pokemon USA dubbing the show now? I mean beside new VAs. What will happen? Like I metion before they going to get VAs that sounds like the orginal VAs. I know these people like Tylor have been with the show since the start but aren't we going to forget after a while? It still going to be the same great show. What happens if these letters do more harm then good?

I say with new VAs or old. It still going to be the same great show like it has been the last 8 years.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • here is a premade letter, including some of the addresses you can send it to, for you to use..

http://pokemonpalace.net/images/PokeUSA_Letter_01.pdf

http://pokemonpalace.net/images/PokeUSA_Letter_01.doc

3/22/2006

Pokémon USA, Inc.
    ATTEN: Animation Director
    400 Madison Avenue
    21st Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    United States

Pokémon USA
    1177 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10036

Pokémon USA, Inc.
    777 108 Ave NE #2000
    Bellevue, WA 98004
    USA

[email protected]

Dear Sir or Madam:

It has come to our attention that, besides using a team of sound-alike voice actors/actresses for the 10th anniversary Pokemon special, you are also considering replacing the original voice acting cast of the series from the next season onward. As long-term fans of the dub this news has caused us much disappointment.

We, the fans, believe that replacing the main cast at such a late stage would cause interest in the Pokemon anime (and possibly the franchise as a whole) to noticeably decrease. We feel this is because many viewers enjoy watching the show just to hear their favorite voice actor or actress perform, and they wouldn't imagine the characters sounding any different.

We all love the VAs for the major characters. There are other ways to save money than to change the VAs. Making fewer edits on episodes should save quite a bit of money and time. Keep the fan base (which consists not just of kids, but of people of all age groups) strong first, then the money will roll in on its own. That way, we'll all be happy.

With this in mind, we hope that you will consider such a decision very carefully.

Sincerely,

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    Well, wikipedia has reported that 4Kids won't do Battle Frontier, so yeah, I don't know what to think.

Yeah...Then why are the Frontier Brains in the Opening Scene? 0_0

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    Another thing, everyone. Serebii isn't always accurate. What I mean is, last year they created fake, believable 4th Gen POkemon as an April Fools joke. Just go to the Fake Pokemon section. It's possible that this is all one big AF Joke. But if the current VA's confirmed it then...WAAA! T_T
    Keep the VA's!!!!!!

Years
  • That's what I get for skimming the page. Hahaha...headdesk. Happy, Ichapokemr?

Anyway...

I agree with Reyna, to a degree about the switch. These things happen although the whole "Let's dump the cast to make a cheap substitute" scheme is rather disconcerting.

Kudos to PPNSteve for the letter draft, I was going to whip one up myself soon. Oh well. Hee.

Raze-finiarel, you could be right. I'll wait til April 2nd before I feel anything, I'm numb at the moment. And I think 4Kids spliced in the Battle Frontier OP because well...Symphotic Melody doesn't have those quirky visuals as Battle Frontier, plus as a prelude to the Brains I'm sure.

And stop double posting. The edit button is your friend.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Raze-finiarel said:
    Another thing, everyone. Serebii isn't always accurate. What I mean is, last year they created fake, believable 4th Gen POkemon as an April Fools joke. Just go to the Fake Pokemon section. It's possible that this is all one big AF Joke. But if the current VA's confirmed it then...WAAA! T_T
    Keep the VA's!!!!!!
    Excuse me? I do not do April Fools thanks. Those Fake Pokemon werent made by me, I just put them in the Fake Pokemon section because I keep getting people e-mail them to me saying they're real.

THIS is real

And for the record, Season 8 (Pokémon Advanced Battle) contains 12 episodes of the Battle Frontier saga...the rest are Season 9 which will be dubbed by Pokémon USA

Back