• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More on 4kids and Pokemon USA

Kurosaki

Chances are someones going to yell at me for saying this, but: What if it doesn't turn out that bad? These new VAs could sound exactly like the old ones for all we know, seeing as not one of us has heard them yet. Don't just assume it's going to be terrible, wait until you hear them with your own ears. Of course, I don't support the firing of the current VAs, I'm just trying to say we shouldn't make assumptions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm sad about all this now .o.

I can tell you PokeJungle Network will be having its own petition letter starting soon.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
    Years
  • Well, if there's any of you who STILL believe this is nothing more than an April Fool's joke, then I can assure you that is completely false.

And I know this because on Bulbagarden forums, there is a 29 page long thread on this whole thing (which goes all the way back to when we first heard about the Pokemon USA/4Kids licensing deal).

Anyway, if any of you are curious and would like the link to that thread, here it is:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=10849&page=29

And by the way, if there's any rule against posting a link to another Pokemon forum, I'm sorry.

I'm just doing this for a good cause.

And also, please help support our letter writing campaign, Save Our Voice Actors (SOVA).

Here's a link to the SOVA website:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/index.html

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • the other day i sent Veronica Taylor (forwarded the Eric Stuart emails) an email message asking for her thoughts and if she can confirm this as well.. tonight i recieved her reply:
    Veronica Taylor via email said:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 18:05
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: FW: The PokéCommunity Forums Contact Us Form - Pokemon Urgent news

hey Steve-
    Thanks for your note. Unfortunately this is all too true. Pokemon USA recently informed us that they are dubbing the Anniversary special with sound alikes. They are not sure about the next season. None of us (actors, script writers, etc.) have even been asked to continue working on the show. They have not even attempted to negotiate with 4kids. They say that the show will be exactly the same even though they are replacing all the elements and using all new people totally unfamiliar with the project. We are all extremely upset about this turn of events as we care so much about the show and have no say in the matter whatsoever. I am hoping that if enough people write to Pokemon USA and express their dismay, we may right this wrong before it is too late! Spread the word!
    Thanks for your concern.
    Veronica
    This adds a bit more fuel to the fire now.. I hope ALL of you write and/or email Pokemon USA as soon as you can to let them know how we fans really feel.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:

And also, please help support our letter writing campaign, Save Our Voice Actors (SOVA).

Here's a link to the SOVA website:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/index.html

nice find there Lisa :) i've send in a request to add me and so on.. hopefully we can all pool our resourses and save the show!

Last edited:

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • Well, I support the change. Its nice to know that Pokemon's going to be refreshed. I found the VAs to be annoying anyways. Time to see what the new guys can do.

Psycho

Years
  • I heard about this on a Livejournal entry of a friend of mine.

I had a bad feeling that once Pokemon USA got hold of the Pokemon rights from 4Kids, they would to something that's more like a slap in the face to all Pokemon fans.

I might even give up watching Pokemon altogether if these new, cheap VAs suck to high heaven.

Either way... April 29th, 2006 will be a dark day for all Pokemon fans.

Years
  • Mario The World Champion said:

Oh, stop being so melodramatic. It won't be a dark day, just a cacophanous one.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Mario The World Champion said:
    I might even give up watching Pokemon altogether if these new, cheap VAs suck to high heaven.

What will make that a dark day? Is that the day where the show with the new VAs are being done? It won't be that bad. They still sound the same unless they are untrained. They will still sound the same as the old VAs. I mean the worst they can do is make even worst pun dub titles then 4Kids. May there be better dub titles!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That specific letter looks too n00bish to be true, but who knows.... However I've seen others over the same thing that are official.... ><;
    *holds up a sign that saves 'We Want Veronica Taylor!' on it, and marches around* .... Granted...we want all the other originals too... but the least they could do is keep Veronica, man! ...and possibly Racheal Lillis... ><; ...and Eric Stuart..... oo;

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2008
    Drew said:
    That specific letter looks too n00bish to be true, but who knows.... However I've seen others over the same thing that are official.... ><;
    *holds up a sign that saves 'We Want Veronica Taylor!' on it, and marches around* .... Granted...we want all the other originals too... but the least they could do is keep Veronica, man! ...and possibly Racheal Lillis... ><; ...and Eric Stuart..... oo;

Yep, as far as I know it's true...

Well, on a happier note, I love your avatar ^_^

-Trainer Rachel

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Drew said:

I can assure you that this is the real deal! I just found out, myself on Serebii.net. They have a huge thing set up there called 'Save the Dub'. It's on their front page news under every article.

Plus, we have two VAs (Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart) that have confirmed this to be true.

We should sticky this, so everyone sees it.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ACK ACK,FREAKOUT!WAIT,SHOULD I BE FREAKIN OUT CAUSE VERONICA*TURNS OFF CAPS LOK*taylor wont have a job?
    when will that happen
    season 8 or 9?if its 8...then i cant wait till saturday

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Veronica Taylor won't be jobless.... 4Kids isn't the only company that she does voices for, same with all the others.... I've hear most of them in Anime that are done by companies completly different then 4Kids.
    Like ADV, for example.

On the flip-side. I still hope that they won't be switched out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, for a moment in the latest episode it sound like they tested out the new voice actor for Misty, and the difference was noticeable, but at least they have a plot reason to switch voices (puberty).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, but then we'll be stuck with a decade of that also, since we ALL know Pokemon ain't ending any time soon. Anyway, if anyone gets a response from Pokemon USA, could you post it somewhere here? I'd like to see what they have to say on this.

In the meantime, I'll be going to other sites and explaining the situation.

Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    Well, for a moment in the latest episode it sound like they tested out the new voice actor for Misty, and the difference was noticeable, but at least they have a plot reason to switch voices (puberty).

No, not really. I think that was Lillis getting used to the voice again, her last appearance to try out with us was the Togepi two parter season and a half ago and the Pokemon Chronicles with Misty in them were unleashed on the UK last summer. I think she was just rusty for a second there, not even that as it was perfectly fine to me or nothing to write home about.

But this isn't the place for that.

Anyway. Surprisingly Pokemon USA hasn't come out with a public statement with the fan backlash. It's been two weeks at most since the confirmation (although it's been longer), you'd think they'd addressed it already.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Dark Charaxes said:
    Anyway. Surprisingly Pokemon USA hasn't come out with a public statement with the fan backlash. It's been two weeks at most since the confirmation (although it's been longer), you'd think they'd addressed it already.

Or they just don't care. I mean, look at what they're doing as-is...I'm not so sure that our bugging them will change things...

All of us buying products has a flaw, too: Kids WB will probably assume responsibility for it and claim that we're just wanting it to stay seperate instead of combining with UPN...

Wait, that doesn't make sense...so it'll happen; nothing that TV companies have done lately has made sense.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • They won't say anything about the fan letters. I mean it is easy to injore letters just like emails. Don't open them. Easy as that. We might as well get use to the new VAs and love Pokemon even more. No more bad pun dub titles!! (Hopefully)

Which episode does Pokemon USA start dubbing?

Years
  • By doing nothing, you more or less fall into their hands. Guessing from how many people replied to this, I think people rather care about this.

I was more apathetic but after watching Scheme Team yesterday with the wonderful voices, I realize that the show wouldn't be the same without the current cast. Guess I'll be enthusastic now.

At the end of the day, it may do nothing but as long as you mail it in, then you can say you tried and nothing can take that away. If you don't, then don't complain. Just think that with one more adds to the grand total already sent in and lead to the nobility of the grand undertaking of it all.

Back